No Right Answer: The Killing Joke vs Watchmen

Master_of_Oldskool

Sep 5, 2008
My God. I don't think there's going to be a new epsiode next week. I think Chris will be in intensive care.

Well, I for one think all the movies based on Alan Moore's novels are crap! It's like, the Watchmen movie replaced the vagina-squid with an explosion to make Ozymandias's plot fit better with the at least quasi-realistic tone of the first 85% of the story? Heh heh, how does that work? And V for Vendetta made the protagonist slightly more sympathetic, which actually makes sense because the movie is told mostly from Evey's point of view, and she clearly saw V as a hero, so his morally ambiguous actions should naturally seem insignificant.. Er! But nevermind because that subverts the point of the comic, even though it totally doesn't because any idiot who's paying attention could see that V's a psychopath and just assuming that we're going to take the uplifting music's word for it is severely underestimating your audience. So stupid.

Pleasedon'tkillmeAlanIdon'twanttobestrangledbyyourbeard-

Mullahgrrl

Apr 20, 2008
Cain_Zeros said:
Frozen Donkey Wheel2 said:
Is it just me, or does Chris always win? I mean, I haven't really been keeping track, but I think Kyle's getting kinda screwed here. Especially since he's usually right.
You noticed that too? Three weeks in a row it's been judge's decision (because water's a lot easier to chug than Jones Soda) and gone to Chris.
Who judges this thing anyway?

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
I still prefer Watchmen... mainly cause he had a LOT of time to cap off his story :D

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
Mullahgrrl said:
Cain_Zeros said:
Frozen Donkey Wheel2 said:
Is it just me, or does Chris always win? I mean, I haven't really been keeping track, but I think Kyle's getting kinda screwed here. Especially since he's usually right.
You noticed that too? Three weeks in a row it's been judge's decision (because water's a lot easier to chug than Jones Soda) and gone to Chris.
Who judges this thing anyway?
Dare I ask...
'Who watches the Watchmen?' :p

Mkvenner

Jun 12, 2010
Having already read Watchmen, after I watched this episode I went off and ordered a hardback copy of The Killing Joke :)

Mr_Jellyfish

Jan 11, 2011
Killing Joke definitely wins. Although I disagree that the movies of Watchman and V were good. They really, really weren't

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
Alan Moore has said in at least one interview that in a way he regrets writing The Killing Joke, because it helped start the trend for gritty and violent comic book writing, and in hindsight he thinks it's an excessively brutal story for what are rather silly characters.

Anyway, I prefer V for Vendetta to either of them.

Azex

Jan 17, 2011
Someone help me watch these vids. I have been trying for a week now and half of the No Right Answer vids only play the advert and then just hang at loading the real vid.... WTF Escapist you guys used to rock T.T