Non Final Bosses That Destroyed You

JS ibanez

Jan 12, 2010
Daipire said:
The mini-boss in the Ocarina of Time's water emblem thing.

It looked like a squid, and was the greatest challenge a 7 year old could face...
The big octopus in Jabu Jabu's belly
This would have to be my answer too. That thing was a *****! Had to run around so much really close to those spikes :(

Srrrh

Feb 27, 2010
Skullkid4187 said:
The time in Kingdom Hearts 1 where Riku takes your key blade and you get it back and fight him right after. I can never beat that, it's impossible for me to beat.
I'm just terrible at Kingdom Hearts in general, all the bosses screw me over. Particularly though the one in the whale. And then as I was reading some Kingdom Hearts internet paraphanalia, I came across someone saying "If you can't beat this boss first time you must be completely retarded" and many people agreeing and it made me sad :(

Oh and the first time I played Silent Hill 3 I used up all my pistol ammo on normal creatures and saved over my previous saves (I'm such a noob ^_^ ) and spent hours trying to kill the first boss with the knife...

Kefo

May 19, 2010
Old King Doran in Demon's Souls when he switches to 2handed. Granted one handed he can still kill you in one hit but god damn he is a beast. Just when you think your safe to attack him he does a sudden roll forward and insta kill. Get him down to a decent level of health and think you might win but all of a sudden he sucks down a healing herb before you can get a ranged attack off.

This is all done legit too, none of the poison cloud or blue phantom crap that some people try

Shockolate

Feb 27, 2010
The Aster Protoflorian from Final Fantasy 13

This thing kicked my ass so many times, I stopped playing right after I finally beat it. That's how much it owned me, that I quit the game after killing it.

And there's supposed to be a stronger version later on??? Hell naw.

SGrahambo

Aug 4, 2010
Ridley from Metroid (all the metroids). since the original Metroid to Prime 3 (God, I hated him in Prime 3. He was also the most satisfying boss kill I've done), I was be able to cake walk most of the bosses until I get to Ridley. Then I have to die half a dozen times to kill it. The Ridley I found easiest was the one from Super Metroid.

ThaBenMan

Mandalorian Buddha
Mar 6, 2008
Well, when I was playing Final Fantasy XII, I only got as far as the second Esper (the one you fight in the old mountain shrine). He just kept healing himself, and I couldn't figure out how to prevent him from doing so - I would just run out of health for my characters long before he did.

IckleMissMayhem

Oct 18, 2009
Skullkid4187 said:
The time in Kingdom Hearts 1 where Riku takes your key blade and you get it back and fight him right after. I can never beat that, it's impossible for me to beat.
I can remember struggling with that'un for a while. Drove me insane, and I think I must have fluked my way past it eventually... Weird thing is though, the game seemed to get easier after that point...
wolfboy23 said:
Seymour Guado on the cliffside in Final Fantasy 10 and his cluster bomb attack made sure I never completed the game.
Seymour in most of his appearances gave me problems... creepy bastard with his creepy theme music!! I thought the hardest boss fight in FFX was
Yunalesca

Uber Waddles

May 13, 2010
Yunalesca in FFX. Zombie, Reflect, Cures.

If you could beat her on the first go (or without spending 19 hours on it), you are a god among men.

Dantes Alaska

Jan 31, 2009
DJmagma said:
Elizabeth Greene in prototype. she has a main health bar, that regenerates, along with three smaller health bars you have to destroy before you can even touch her. toppled with tanks attacking you and massive hunters jumping everywhere. and the three smaller health bars regenerate. and it fires rocks and green plasma at you that magically lock on to you.

yeah it's a ***** to fight.
I stopped playing at that point, I think I still won the fight. /ragequit

Machiavellian007

Mar 2, 2010
Nearly everything in Bayonetta, on normal mode, is bloody hard. Mostly because I can't time my dodges, but also sort of because I'm like

JAWSUS WHAT THE HECK IS THAT WHY IS IT EATING ITSELF OH GOD THIS IS LIKE MY NIGHTMARES OH GOD IT'S ATTACKING WHAT DO I DO.

And yeah. I think I would die in the tutorial of a horror game. :/

Wado Rhyu

May 19, 2010
Machiavellian007 said:
Nearly everything in Bayonetta, on normal mode, is bloody hard. Mostly because I can't time my dodges, but also sort of because I'm like

JAWSUS WHAT THE HECK IS THAT WHY IS IT EATING ITSELF OH GOD THIS IS LIKE MY NIGHTMARES OH GOD IT'S ATTACKING WHAT DO I DO.

And yeah. I think I would die in the tutorial of a horror game. :/
i agree bayonetta can be hard and the first time i died like 15 time during a mission. but the bosses weren't the biggest trouble i always hated those lighting and fire beast combo that showde up. man the kiled me almost as much as the finnal boss.

FlyAwayAutumn

Rating: Negative Awesome
May 19, 2009

Been trying to beat this ***** in Castlevania HD, then I got some friends together and whooped him.

He's also tough in other Castlevania games

StarStruckStrumpets

Jan 17, 2009
ThaBenMan said:
Well, when I was playing Final Fantasy XII, I only got as far as the second Esper (the one you fight in the old mountain shrine). He just kept healing himself, and I couldn't figure out how to prevent him from doing so - I would just run out of health for my characters long before he did.
Congratulations for getting past Elder Wyrm. That fucker ruined my game. I stopped playing after what is now 234 losses.

It doesn't help that at that point you're very underleveled and grinding is about as easy as making humans fly.

foodmaniac

Mar 2, 2010
Funny how I've fought almost every boss that's been listed on this thread so far. Most of them I found quite easy, but I guess luck is a pretty big factor.

ANYWAY:
Wrathful said:
[spoiler = Matador]

[/spoiler]
This guy many times over. And also most of the other Candelabra bosses, although they're optional, so I guess they don't count.

[spoiler = Some persona 4 bosses]

[/spoiler]

Granted, I was 3 levels under the recommended level for these bosses. Character level is directly inputted into the damage equation, so it makes a huge difference). Luckily the game got a lot easier after that.

Lastly:

These two bosses stumped me for a long time. In fact, I still have trouble against both of them, although Berial is definitely getting tolerable (thanks Bloody Palace :D). I think the major problem with Berial is that it's so early in the game that you don't have any skills yet, and then on harder difficulties, they decided to ramp his speed and attack more than the other bosses. Beowulf is just a nightmare. I don't know how to use Royalguard or Quicksilver well enough to take him down.

Cheezandtoast

Aug 7, 2010
Any thing in duke nukem 3d on Damn im good Game mode
its hard as hell and Oh jessus is just a pain in the ass

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
Julianking93 said:
I always had the hardest time on that first Dark World boss in A Link to the Past.

You know, that weird ass turtle thing with the big tail...

That thing.
it was for me the hardest of the dark world bosses but I could always defeat it on my first or second try (I played through the game at least 30 times) for me the hardest boss was the FLOOR you know in the third dungeon the one before you go into the dark world I can't even remember the boss in that dungeon but the floor always takes me like five goes.

Skullkid4187 said:
I have beaten all of the bosses in both kingdom hearts apart from the big desert two headed thing with swords from the first game(and bosses includes sephiroth it was hard but I did it on my 8th or so go).