NOOOOO! 40 hours down the drain in mass effect 2 ps3

stefman

Jan 9, 2011
holy funking shizz i just was playing mass effect 2 in the overlord mission. up until that point i had done literally everything possible in terms of side quests, dialogue actions, weapon upgrades etc and was almost done the story. then bam game freezes on a loading screen and i reset the system. next thing i know new game is the only option available. maybe i should turn off autosaving or something to prevent this from happening further?? DAMMIT! has this happened to anyone else?

rokkolpo

Aug 29, 2009
Well I lost over 300 hours on Pokemon Blue.

It felt more of a ''GOD I AM FREEEEEEE'' to me.

rokkolpo

Aug 29, 2009
stefman said:
rokkolpo said:

I HADNT EVEN FINISHED THE GAME!! :'(
You're probably really reluctant to pick it up again then.
God that sucks bad.

You'll probably feel like playing it after some time of grieving and hating everything xD

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
rokkolpo said:
You're probably really reluctant to pick it up again then.
God that sucks bad.

You'll probably feel like playing it after some time of grieving and hating everything xD
Yeah, this is will inevitably happen to you. Pick it up after a month or two, you won't be so pissed then.

Deverfro

Aug 2, 2009
Try loosing 257 hours of your like to a Fallout 3 save that decides to get buggy. And the only soltution I got from Bethesda? Load an earlier save. IT WAS THE ONLY ONE I HAD *cries*

Goldeneye103X2

Jun 29, 2008
This happened to me three or four times. All of them on the PS3.....

I didn't mind when it did it to Batman: Arkham Asylum, because the game was so good, but an entire half of Brothers In Arms: Hell's Highway gone like vapor?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,etc.

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
Deverfro said:
Try loosing 257 hours of your like to a Fallout 3 save that decides to get buggy. And the only soltution I got from Bethesda? Load an earlier save. IT WAS THE ONLY ONE I HAD *cries*
This is why I always keep a fresh cycle of 10 saves :)

CitySquirrel

Jun 1, 2010
That sounds absolutely awful. Losing a few hours is enough to make me quit... this would drive me over the edge.

enriquetnt

Mar 20, 2010
This has happened to me twice on PS3 once whit castle crashers, and once whit assassin creed 2, it happens when there is a power shortage or a game freeze DURING saving, the save file gets corrupted and when you reboot you have to start all over again, you can do two things to prevent these events, ONE: get a UPS power supply so you can rule out power outages (you should get one anyway or risk bricking your ps3 everitime you update the firmware) and TWO: the PS3 allows you to copy your saves to external media, so get some old unused pendrive or external harddrive you have liying around an COPY your saves, i have a 8gb pendrive plug into my ps3 all the time, i make a backup of my saves every 6-10 hours of play (i lost about 30 hours of AC2, and on castle crashers lost all my leveled and unlocked characters)

Kajt

Feb 20, 2009
I lost my big floating castle and underground bunkers in Minecraft thanks to the Halloween update. I'm having a hard time getting back into the game thanks to that. T_T
rokkolpo said:

Oh, how I lol'd.

stefman

Jan 9, 2011
enriquetnt said:
This has happened to me twice on PS3 once whit castle crashers, and once whit assassin creed 2, it happens when there is a power shortage or a game freeze DURING saving, the save file gets corrupted and when you reboot you have to start all over again, you can do two things to prevent these events, ONE: get a UPS power supply so you can rule out power outages (you should get one anyway or risk bricking your ps3 everitime you update the firmware) and TWO: the PS3 allows you to copy your saves to external media, so get some old unused pendrive or external harddrive you have liying around an COPY your saves, i have a 8gb pendrive plug into my ps3 all the time, i make a backup of my saves every 6-10 hours of play (i lost about 30 hours of AC2, and on castle crashers lost all my leveled and unlocked characters)
i would use a flashdrive but the data is copyright protected.

stefman

Jan 9, 2011
NLS said:
Deverfro said:
This is why I always keep a fresh cycle of 10 saves :)
i had 4. they all went down the crapper. i though only the autosave might be corrupted. SUPRISE!!!

HeySeansOnline

Apr 17, 2009
Just speedrun it, turn down the sound, put on a movie or music in the backround, and play, play play, skip cutscenes, use guides to find the best planets and just hammer that x button down to a nub. Only advice I can give, might cut the replay's time down a bit at least.

stefman

Jan 9, 2011
That really sucks, dude. Thank God I still have my old Xbox Hard Drive sitting around with my Mass Effect 2 save on it even though my Xbox red-ringed on me. I think that this is the reason I want to play it on PC so stuff like this doesn't happen or if it does I can just edit my decisions and make my character like I played him.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
Never exactly like that. I have had that happen in a while *knock on wood* when a game/system completely eat my saves. Plenty of times where I've been playing for an hour or two and haven't saved than the game freezes tho.

The last one I can think of that did that was Quest for Glory 5 on PC. It was even worse cause the computer froze and than deleted some critical files for the game so I had to re-install it and everything.

I don't think that was the games fault so much as it was the PC.