"Normandy" and "Dead Don't Shuffle"

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Ruwrak said:
1) HOLYCRAPHEACTUALLYREPLIEDTOME o.o
Kudo's for feedback and keeping an eye on your things, it's really appreciated.
Best part of the job!

Ruwrak said:
2) Now that you mention it... Yes. And this is probably one of those things that will now never let go of my hearing. If you point it out, it's very clear and yes it does hurt my ears to listen to it. Bu for the untrained ear it sounds 'normal' I suppose.

Then again, no art without it's minor flaws right? Gives more character to a piece if you ask me. The same would be if you had a chair from the factory or a handmade one. The latter has some form of character in it, if you know what I mean. And I think you do actually?
Exactly. I like hearing human voices, not robot voices. There is more emotion in a voice when it is not perfect!

Ruwrak

Sep 15, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
Best part of the job!
Perfection is imperfect eh?
Well I enjoy your music and listen to it in regular basis, actually had to giggle at the Duke Nukem one. Not claiming to be a critic (like 90% of the internet seems to excist of..), but it does quite hit the nail on the head.

So, what type of music do you personally enjoy the most? I mean, as an artist I can imagine you don't listen to much to other artists so you won't get your style influenced (or so, other people who make music claim that.. Dunno about you really.), but do you have any preferences?

Snake Plissken

Jul 30, 2010
I'm more of a gear-head than anything else when it comes to music. I don't much care about production value as much as equipment. Care to shed any light on what gear you're using? Any specifics would be phenomenal...

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
I love that you've gotten a column, I love reading about making music, and I'm quite fond of you as well, Gavin. Keep it up! And do add some more technical jargon, it's good to keep it in moderation but maybe just a paragraph for us aspiring artists?

godofallu

Jun 8, 2010
I really enjoy some of your songs,and I find some of your songs to be bland/boring.

I know that doesn't sound like a compliment, but honestly good songs matter. These are songs that I will have with me for the rest of my life. A bad song fades away in a few minutes and costs the listener nothing. A good song is eternal.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
godofallu said:
I really enjoy some of your songs,and I find some of your songs to be bland/boring.

I know that doesn't sound like a compliment, but honestly good songs matter. These are songs that I will have with me for the rest of my life. A bad song fades away in a few minutes and costs the listener nothing. A good song is eternal.
Considering he makes one almost every week. I'm surprised that we hear so many great songs.

I can understand why some american singers sound like they come from the isles and I can understand why some of the singers who come from the isles sound american. But why the hell does Sting sound hispanic when he sings? That has always confused me.

One question my wife has been asking: Will we ever be able to get "I Suck at Call of Duty" for RockBand? We suck at rockband and CoD and we think something like that would be real meta.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
GonzoGamer said:
ny great songs.

I can understand why some american singers sound like they come from the isles and I can understand why some of the singers who come from the isles sound american. But why the hell does Sting sound hispanic when he sings? That has always confused me.
Because Sting started off playing Reggae influenced music - that's him trying to do a Jamaican accent.

And yeah, it'll prob go to rock band at some point :)

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
MiracleOfSound said:
GonzoGamer said:
ny great songs.

Because Sting started off playing Reggae influenced music - that's him trying to do a Jamaican accent.

And yeah, it'll prob go to rock band at some point :)
Oh. in that case I imagine if he had actually been trained by a Brazilian instead, he would probably sound Chinese.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
GonzoGamer said:
Oh. in that case I imagine if he had actually been trained by a Brazilian instead, he would probably sound Chinese.
That made me chuckle out loud :D