North Korea threatens the US with a Nuclear War.

cynikles

Jul 10, 2010
Sansha said:
This is a man whose biography says that he doesn't urinate or defecate, and that he and his father created the world and control the weather.
Ah, 'biography' not 'autobiography.' He wants to be deified, let him. Doesn't hurt the rest of the world. It's just when he starts believing in the baloney he's telling people to say about him that we need worry.

He's still a world leader and will do what's best for himself. Dying in a hellish firestorm would not help his image.

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
Sansha said:
Which is what they should be doing now. Just locate KJI and carpet-bomb everything within 100 miles, collateral damage and civilian deaths be damned.

North Korea's attitude is what could very easily ignite a nuclear holocaust, causing the deaths of possibly billions of people. It needs to end, right now.
The problem with all that is, well. KJI has made threats like this before and has never gone through with them. Most of the world see him as an idiot, not a threat. You don't risk the deaths of thousands just because some idiot likes to talk smack to show off. Once that idiot actually goes through with that smack talk (I think it's highly unlikely that he will) then he's deemed a real threat and the gloves are off. R.I.P Kim. Until then, the U.S can't really attack.

DazBurger

May 22, 2009
Sansha said:
Sovvolf said:
Sansha said:
Fuck scaring them.

The US and South Korea need to bomb the living shit out of the North. Send a storm of fire and radiation across the capital city.

Made Japan shut the hell up in WW2, it'll work today.
Not really... The fallout would hit the other allies of the U.S mainly S.K. The U.S can't risk some thing like that. So nukes are out of the question. That doesn't mean the U.S can't bomb the shit out of them.
Honestly if North Korea directly attacks the United States, there's going to be an enormous international backlash, and I mean absolutely brutal. With the combined forces of USA, Canada, the UK, New Zealand, Australia, Japan, possibly China and Russia, North Korea will cease to exist.

There'll be no arresting KJI, they're just kill everyone and everything in the country.

Which is what they should be doing now. Just locate KJI and carpet-bomb everything within 100 miles, collateral damage and civilian deaths be damned.

North Korea's attitude is what could very easily ignite a nuclear holocaust, causing the deaths of possibly billions of people. It needs to end, right now.
You seem to forget that the US is a part of NATO. An attack on any NATO-member if an attack on NATO itself.
Thats 28 countries just there, going to war.

Zannah

Jan 27, 2010
Well north korea does have the largest standing force in the world. Unfortunately, no one told them that Predators beat Ak-47...

seriously though, 'threatening' korea is probably the best thing to do, they'll get more and more worked up, eventually sinking another ship or something, at which point china is going to sack them, and we all get to avoid another asian war.

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
DazBurger said:
You seem to forget that the US is a part of NATO. An attack on any NATO-member if an attack on NATO itself.
Would this count as WWIII or just the biggest gang rape of all time?.

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
China wouldn't allow American to Nuke Korea due to fallout affecting them and they wont allow NK to nuke america because its a all over bad outcome.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Normalgamer said:
TimeLord said:
So basically, America and South Korea are poking North Korea with a big stick to see if it will attack them or cower back in fear!
Do you live in North Korea?
No, do you?

If not, you really need to not post such rubbish
Why? I mearly stated my view on the matter

if you are then it's understandable since your basically a prisoner.
How so? I mean apart from crazy dictator leader part

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
Kollega said:
Mornelithe said:
Actually, it's definitely the most advanced. As well as having the mobility advantage, by far. China may have a huge standing army (and they do), but, any standing army can be decimated by attacking any number of supply points.
Wait wait wait, you mean North Korea, in spite of it's isolation, has the most advanced army in the world? I thought that US had the most advanced army in the world - or i've suddenly landed in a parallel dimension where NK is the leader in weapon research and everyone has a goatee?
They have a massive army, but very out dated equiment.

DazBurger

May 22, 2009
Sovvolf said:
DazBurger said:
That depends on which side Russia and China takes.

China is a former allied of North Korea, they are the reason NK dident get pulverised back in the Korean War.
Im not sure how their relationship is by now.

A fun thing is, that Japan has a very very bad relationship with NK... I dont really recall hearing about the Japanese army after WW2... They even have one? :/

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
DazBurger said:
Sovvolf said:
DazBurger said:
That depends on which side Russia and China takes.

China is a former allied of North Korea, they are the reason NK dident get pulverised back in the Korean War.
Im not sure how their relationship is by now.

A fun thing is, that Japan has a very very bad relationship with NK... I dont really recall hearing about the Japanese army after WW2... They even have one? :/
I think if N.K do actually fire out a nuke. China will abandon them, along with Russia. This would be the last straw, they'll probably not take a side in the war. Just leave N.K to fight for them selves. Now if the U.S attack first... Then China and Russia may side with N.K.

scottsteve

Aug 24, 2009
FallenJellyDoughnut said:
Would China allow a war between NK and US or would they step in and make shit more complicated for everyone?
China would side with the USA and South Korea.
What people need to understand is that China would never do anything to hamper relations with the biggest consumer of their products.

EDIT: Personally, I'm looking forward to Mercenaries happening in real life. I'm comfortable with Chris Jacobs solving this war for the highest bidder.

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
If war does break out, then North Korea, frankly, doesn't stand a chance - this military exercise is there for that very purpose, to show North Korea that they are simply utterly out-matched.

I don't think war will break out though - although it is a very one-sided affair, the US nevertheless will likely not wish to risk a nuclear war if possible, as any nuclear war could very easily escalate into something much, much bigger, for example China might get involved, who are a far bigger threat. Sure, all of this speculative scenario's are very unlikely to occur, but the fact remains that the potential consequences are simply far too grave to take even the most minimal risks in a nuclear situation.

Rainboq

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2009
Scrumpmonkey said:
Eggsnham said:
Looks like I'm moving to the UK a bit earlier than expected.

I wonder if Canada's safe?
Who would bother to nuke Canada? :p
It would be a total waist of rescources!

There's what, on average 2 people per square kilometer?

Subzerowings

May 1, 2009
BiscuitTrouser said:
Subzerowings said:
North Korea might always be seen as either "the enemy" or "the insane ones", but how do you know for sure?
It's like saying that all Americans are fat and stupid.
You have no idea do you... go onto youtube, type in "north korean work camps", listen to the statements from those who escaped, see the brutal scars of their tortures. The leader of north korea has concentration camps for those deemed "unloyal". Thousands die of hunger, disease and lack of basic resources. This man is a mass murderer, yes he IS insane, yes he IS the enemy, i hate to invoke a godwins but this man is a miniture hitler, he forces his subjects to worship him as a GOD!. It is not like saying americans are fat and stupid. Not at all. This is a statement of fact. The country is also very very anti american, i watched a programme where 2 doctors, one american and one canadian went to go help with cateracts, an operation not usually available. The american had to say he was canadian and they found american hate everywhere. The cameraman filmed a mother singing to a child about killing all americans. Im english and i think this whole place is sick. Dont nuke it, assassinate the leader. He has to be the most evil person currently alive.
In fact, I do know.
I was reffering to their citizens.
You can't have a reliable estimation of how many of them are brainwashed and crazy because nobody can get in and people only rarely escape.
Yes, Kim needs to die, but you can't do it from the outside because they'll kill a lot of people before you even get close to their leader.
Unfortunately, you can't do it from the inside either because the security is too tight.
I believe that we have to wait until we have a safe way of taking him out.
I linked it with Americans being called fat and stupid because some of their leaders are.
In this case Kim is insane, but the people might not all be.

Surggical_Scar

Feb 13, 2008
Each time I read a post defending the idea of nuking/going to war with North Korea, I want to hit someone. Unfortunately, as I'm on my own, I hit myself.

This not only blots out the pain of having to read this brainless bilge, but it's a fair summary of what going to war with any country is like - a self-inflicted punch to the face, triggered by utter stupidity.

Broken Orange

God Among Men
Apr 14, 2009
Well, we do need a new war which can be exploited for video games. It has been a long time since there has been a good ol' fashion war with a clear "good vs. evil" like WW2. America needs to gain back it's badass card after getting our asses handed to us by terrorist and peasants.

Serious note: While war wouldn't be a good idea, N Korea needs to stop being jack-holes. By the way, has it been confirmed that N. Korea has nuclear warheads?

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
Mornelithe said:
What? Are you even reading peoples responses or just typing what comes to mind, while staring blankly off into space?
I have a strange feeling that you did the same. Let us stop here, chalk it up to mutual misunderstanding, and never speak of this again - okay?