North Korea Threatens War With US Over Seth Rogen Comedy

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
North Korea Threatens War With US Over Seth Rogen Comedy

The Interview has touched a nerve.

An unidentified spokesman for Kim Jong-Un's regime has declared that North Korea will unleash a "swift and merciless" retaliation against the US unless Seth Rogen's comedy The Interview gets canned. The comedy, which features a plot to assassinate Kim Jong Un, is described as "act of war that we will never tolerate," "reckless U.S. provocative insanity" from "gangster filmmakers" whose intent, the spokesman alleges, is to challenge the North's leadership directly.

The film features Seth Rogen and James Franco as celebrity TV journalists who obtain an interview with Kim Jong-Un, only to be recruited by the CIA in an assassination plot. While the North Korean spokesman never refers to the film by name, it's clear from the context that Rogen's comedy is the one North Korea's having a tantrum over. The spokesman alleges that "a gust of hatred and rage" has swept through North Korea's citizens and soldiers, though it's more likely that none of them are aware the film exists.

The Interview is due for release October 10th, 2014. "Apparently Kim Jong Un plans on watching The Interview," Rogen Tweets [https://twitter.com/Sethrogen/status/480079796257304577]. "I hope he likes it!" Two nukes up, by the sound of it. Or possibly one radioactive rotten tomato.

Source: The Guardian [http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jun/25/north-korea-merciless-response-us-kim-jong-un-film]

IceStar100

Jan 5, 2009
Oh look North Korea at it again. It's so cute they think they matter like a real country. They do this crap once an year until someone pays them or threats to turn them into a parking lot. There like that crazy relative everyone nods at and then ignores.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
tfw Seth Rogen and James Franco end up being the saviours of North Korea

Admit it, that would be the funniest damn thing ever. Even funnier than the film could hope to be.

Although, I have immense doubts that North Korea will follow through on their threats.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
I don't see why they're so worried. Nobody in North Korea is going to know the movie exists anyway, considering that there are three TV sets in the entire country and Kim Jong Un owns all of them.

Micah Weil

Mar 16, 2009
Swift action? What are they gonna do? Spam us on Twitter?
That'll teach those imperialistic dogs!

I hope they make a sequel!

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
Yes, North Korea and it's NaN of nukes.

The nation has devolved into the equivalent of an elderly housebound person, shaking it's stick at people and threatening them with it's rusted Blunderbuss if they don't comply.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Am I the only one has a serious case of deja vu? Because I am pretty certain that there was a southpark episode with a similar plot (except it was Iraque threatening Canada)...

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Eh, NK was threatening Australia the other day as well.

OTOH, Australian diplomats often like to pretend they are involved by telling governments to calm down or don't do things, and finally someone took them seriously, so there's that.

youji itami

Jun 1, 2014
C'mon North Korea please nuke California, I want to see modern full HD images of what happens at a nuke blast zone and it's not like anyone will care if California is turned into a crater.

Welshdan15

Aug 18, 2011
This seems too ridiculous to be true, especially since the threat is coming from a "unidentified spokesman". I'm sure that there will be articles in a few days showing that this is nonsense.

Smolderin

Feb 5, 2012
Oh god...please do so North Korea, I freaking dare you. Then it would give the world an excuse to finally end your pathetic excuse for a country and free those you have subjugated. As much as I don't like advocating war, North Korea is just one of these things in my opinion that got to go.

Vareoth

Mar 14, 2012
Waha, I'm sure they're quaking in their boots at the prospect of facing North Korea's full miltary "might" and their sad excuses for nuclear weapons. Who listens to those guys anymore (besides South Korea)? This shit just sounds too funny to be true.

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
This is serious business guys, if North Korea launched a missile with a nuclear warhead on it they could obliterate the part of the North Korean coast that it falls on after bits start falling off. Chinese knock-off Lego just wasn't designed for intercontinental flight.

tmande2nd

Oct 20, 2010
Dont the North Koreans make movies about invading and killing other people all the time or something?
SO why should we care really?

rednightmare

Apr 17, 2009
Karloff said:
While the North Korean spokesman never refers to the film by name, it's clear from the context that Rogen's comedy is the one North Korea's having a tantrum over.
Are we sure of that? I mean, for all we know Kim Jong Un might be outraged that Bay is making a 4th Transformers movie.

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
This goes against the article I read yesterday where it said that Kim was a bit pissed off with the movie but was looking forward to seeing it all the same.

I mean to be honest, its got to be something of an ego boost to the guy - a) hes considered important enough that a film about his potential assassination hits Hollywood and b)the increased level of publicity. I mean Kim's not going to have to threaten a random country for a few months once this film comes out.

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
I wonder why do I think that this "declaration" is a fake, created by people, who made/making this movie to give it a bit of attention?

P.S. From maker of Neighbours. Yeah, that's one movie I'll skip.