Nostalgia that HAS NOT let you down

clutch-monkey

Jan 19, 2010
it's not really old enough to be true nostalgia but every now and then i see my gamecube and have an urge to put metorid prime or rogue squadron in.. yesssss

Polarity27

Jul 28, 2008
The original Battlestar Galactica theme song. The show itself is cheesy Disco Mormons in Spaaaaaace!!! but the theme music is still as thrilling now as it was when I was a kid.

And much more recent, Babylon 5 shows its age in some ways (oh god all those awful sponge-painted walls, remember when that was in?) but it's still a damn good show.

Feb 9, 2011
Earthbound and Super Mario 64 stand the test of time in my nostalgia book. Also, Freakazoid (the cartoon) is still as amazing as it was when I was a kid.

The Code

Mar 9, 2010
Deus Ex, Batman: The Animated Series, Swat Kats, Sega Genesis, N64, and Bill Clinton jokes. Also, Patrick Stewart as Captain Jean Luc Picard, Brent Spiner as Data, and the Reading Rainbow guy as Jeordie leForge.

Semi-relate point: I've actually met a guy that has the last name of leForge. He got the reference. XD

Fanfic_warper

Jan 24, 2011
Star wars always keeps itself up to me on nostalgia, and the expanding universe only adds to it. Pokemon is also good especially since they're getting ever so close too 1000.

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
Movies: Pretty much any Disney film I've seen. In fact, some of them actually get better as I age because I understand some of the more subtle jokes. And Jurassic Park is still my all time favourite film.

Shows: Well, pretty much all of them; Invader Zim, Spongebob Squarepants (seasons 1-3), Kenan and Kel etc.

Games: Just a couple of weeks ago I invited some mates to my house to play Crash Team Racing...it was a blast!

So yeah, most of the stuff from my childhood still holds up today.

SenorNemo

Mar 14, 2011
Jarimir said:
Polarity27 said:
The original Battlestar Galactica theme song. The show itself is cheesy Disco Mormons in Spaaaaaace!!! but the theme music is still as thrilling now as it was when I was a kid.

And much more recent, Babylon 5 shows its age in some ways (oh god all those awful sponge-painted walls, remember when that was in?) but it's still a damn good show.
OMG OMG OMG! I LOVVVVE THE original theme song!!! I still get goosebumps everytime I hear it including now.

I just... thought... I was the only one ;P
That you are not. The theme song was by far the coolest part of that show (though of course when I saw it when I was a kid on SciFi, back when they spelled it right, it was the coolest stuff ever).

Anyway, Ace Combat 04 was a game that I really enjoyed as a kid because it had cool jets in it. I thought that it wouldn't have aged nearly as well when I played it again about a year ago. When I played it again, I realized that it was not only as good as I remember, it was actually better for reasons different than why I had originally liked it: all the subtleties had gone over my head as a kid, but replaying it, there's a lot of stuff going on that I didn't even realize was there. I kinda want to punch my younger self in the face, to be honest.

Coraxian

Jul 22, 2010
Nils Holgersson.

Bought the whole series on DVD as a "fake" present for my brother at chistmas a few years back. He was quite disapointed until he saw his real present.

Before the new year though, his gf, him and myself had seen half of them. Six months later we both had to think hard about what the real gift was.

So I guess that wasn't a let down after all :)

brainslurper

Aug 18, 2009
phatty500 said:
About once a year i stumble across a 64 controller and remaster 007 goldeneye all over agian. I really wish they would release just a hd port of the original instead of the weird gameplay they had on the wii version.
Don't they have something like that on steam, or am I thinking of something else...

The Virgo

Jul 21, 2011
brainslurper said:
phatty500 said:
About once a year i stumble across a 64 controller and remaster 007 goldeneye all over agian. I really wish they would release just a hd port of the original instead of the weird gameplay they had on the wii version.
Don't they have something like that on steam, or am I thinking of something else...
Goldeneye: Source. It's the multiplayer portion of GE:64 redone with the Source engine. (The same engine Half-Life 2, Team Fortress 2, Portal 2, Left 4 Dead 2, etc.)

shadowsoul222

Jun 6, 2010
The Code said:
...Swat Kats...the Reading Rainbow guy as Jeordie leForge
Holy shit, you're like the first person I've met that has remembered these things! :D

OT: As a few people have said, Disney movies; old school Disney movies are the fucking shit. Also Animaniacs, Rocco's Modern Life, 2 Stupid Dogs, many other '90's TV shows, and the motherfucking Loony Toons, all hold up really well.

As for video games, any of the old Final Fantasy titles, 1-6 especially, the Donkey Kong Country games, Bubsy (if anyone remembers that they get a cookie), and for me personally: Super Adventure Island II (again if anyone else actually played this they get another cookie).

InsipidMadness

Mar 26, 2010
Most of the Resident Evils especially 4, and FF7 through X. No matter how many years go by, I still think about these games, and when I think about them I get the urge to play them, and when I play them it's like the first time all over again (well maybe the second time).

The Virgo

Jul 21, 2011
shadowsoul222 said:
]Also Animaniacs, Rocco's Modern Life, 2 Stupid Dogs, many other '90's TV shows, and the motherfucking Loony Toons, all hold up really well.
I remember many years ago watching 2 Stupid Dogs just because my dad hated them. XD

EGtodd09

Oct 20, 2010
Far Cry 2. I played it two years or so after playing it the first time with fond memories, went through the campaign for the fourth time. Crysis 1 I came back too after three or so years and it was still awesome but the final boss fights still didn't work. And I've played through portal 1 over and over intermittently, it's good.