[Nostalgia Warning] Games and/or series you want brought back/to die.

Taniquel

Dec 9, 2008
GDW said:
TZer0 said:
Dungeon Keeper-series. So. Much. Fun. Making a massive horde of evil creatures, hurl them (or even control them directly) towards the enemy and watch the chaos!
Fucking loves 'em. Still play "Dungeon Keeper 2", have you played the bad-ass (though inferior in many ways) "Overlord" games, yet?
I miss DK2 also. I died a little bit inside when DK3 was canceled. I tried the Overlord games and they were weak sauce compared to DK games.

I also miss the game Afterlife. Does anyone else remember that one?

gaforb

Apr 16, 2009
Brought Back:
Metal Arms: Glitch in the System.
Scrapland
Burning Rangers
Sonic Adventure
Panzer Dragoon Saga (Orta doesn't count)

Need to Die:
Sonic (post adventure)
Duke Nukem Forever (it already is dead!)
PS3

Khazoth

Sep 4, 2008
I want World of Warcraft to die, it'll never fucking happen, but they absolutely destroyed the story I loved and it just needed to die.

Maddenfreak

Jul 15, 2008
robinkom said:
Maddenfreak said:
let me be more specific, YOU ARE BEING A PRICK
AND YOU TALK WAY TO MUCH, thank you
And yet you still fail to contribute to the topic. I believe you are the one "being a prick," my friend.

Nossy said:
I want a new Double Dragon game! It's been so long...
I agree with you, Nossy. Although the original developer (Technos Japan) has been bankrupt for almost 13 years now, the current IP Holders, a company called Million, was founded by the former CEO of Technos and were responsible for releasing Double Dragon Advance on the Gameboy Advance.

Given the right circumstances, there will always be a chance that a next-generation Double Dragon will appear on the horizon.

In the unlikely case that we'll see a resurgence in the Beat'em Up genre, I'd like to see Taito release a new Renegade. Hell, if anyone actually purchased the intellectual properties of Data East, then I'm all for a new Bad Dudes game.
Whoever you are robinkom, I congradulate you on the ability on pushing peoples buttons, also, i'd like to say that I did contribute on the topic, before you started toramble on. so you've had your fun, now drop the subject

robinkom

Jan 8, 2009
Maddenfreak said:
Whoever you are robinkom, I congradulate you on the ability on pushing peoples buttons, also, i'd like to say that I did contribute on the topic, before you started toramble on. so you've had your fun, now drop the subject
Yes, I think you've run out of buttons for me to push. I did have my fun and I apologize for dragging it out as long as I did.

At any rate, I only recall you saying you wouldn't care if Nintendo didn't exist. Do you include all of their first-party franchises in that statement? If not, do any specific titles come to mind for you? I'm honestly curious so that I might consider your view from several perspectives as I did Nossy's comment about a new Double Dragon game.

HPoirot

Apr 15, 2009
Sly Cooper needs to be brought back

Either have Insomniac make Spyro again or kill the series
Same with Crash Bandicoot; either put Naughty Dog in charge or kill it.

Fortesque

Jan 16, 2009
I want my Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2. NOW!!
But Blizzard always leave it to 'Its done when its done'

I think Mortal Kombat should die. Gone downhill since Reptile turned into an actual fucking Lizard.

Maddenfreak

Jul 15, 2008
robinkom said:
Maddenfreak said:
Yes, I think you've run out of buttons for me to push. I did have my fun and I apologize for dragging it out as long as I did.

At any rate, I only recall you saying you wouldn't care if Nintendo didn't exist. Do you include all of their first-party franchises in that statement? If not, do any specific titles come to mind for you? I'm honestly curious so that I might consider your view from several perspectives as I did Nossy's comment about a new Double Dragon game.
most of them, yes
mostly though it would be:
Mario
zelda
Its not that I dont like them, they just need to stop making them

robinkom

Jan 8, 2009
Maddenfreak said:
most of them, yes
mostly though it would be:
Mario
zelda
Its not that I dont like them, they just need to stop making them
Yeah, it's understandable. They'll make them until the end of time as long as they still turn a profit, but with some of their franchises, they do release a overabundance of spin-off games; Mario especially. Hell, there's so many, the actual main "Super Mario" series has been overshadowed to the ludicrous degree.

If I had to partially agree, I'd word it as "They need to stop making them... as they are." For some reason, Nintendo thinks they can't release a successful Zelda or Mario game without some bizarre gimmick (Mario Galaxy's "planet-themed" stage design and Link turning into a Wolf in Twilight Princess).

Capcom's another company guilty of milking a series for all it's worth. It's practically expected from them at this point, but it doesn't change the fact that there's more versions of Street Fighter II out there than logically needed. Same goes for Mega Man. I stopped caring after Mega Man III.