[Nostalgia Warning] Games and/or series you want brought back/to die.

new_age_reject

Lives in dactylic hexameter.
Dec 28, 2008
TOE JAM AND EARL! TOE JAM AND EARL! TOE JAM AND EARL!
Dear god I used to love that game, never owned a copy only played it with a mate.
Never completed it cause the second controller was well dodgy.

Deguasser

Feb 18, 2009
Series brought back:
Mother

Series to die:
The Sims, Resident Evil (last good one was 3), Mario, Super Smash Brothers

Let the hate mail come

Maddenfreak

Jul 15, 2008
robinkom said:
Maddenfreak said:
now ur just bein a _______(fill in curse wrd).
Struggling to decipher the intricacies of the hierarchy of bad words are you? It's okay, you can choose any of them; They're quite irrelevant at this point of our argument. Perhaps, you left a blank space because you're sure you would misspell it anyway?

Well, I think we can end this right here. I prefer to further contribute to the topic at hand by listing three more franchises I would like to see brought back.

Firstly, I'd like to see a new iteration of the arcade game, Chiller.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiller_(video_game)
If anything, it would give fundamentalist assholes like Jack Thompson something else to cry about. It would only be a sweeter deal when he realizes he still can't do anything about the content of mature game titles and that his warped traditionalist mindset is, in reality, burying his professional grave for him.

Next, I'd like to see a new title in the Shadowgate series.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadowgate
With current-generation consoles and computers, there's a vast amount of potential to make a much more engrossing experience out of typical Shadowgate game play. The use of weight physics and interactive lighting are two examples of technology that would lend themselves to puzzle-solving incredibly well.

Lastly, I want a new Time Killers game.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_Killers
Unfortunately, the publisher of the game, Strata, disappeared quietly sometime in the mid-1990s. The actual developer, Incredible Technologies, is still in operation but now creates more casual and family-oriented coin-op machines. Another game, Bloodstorm, was also developed by them in the vain of Time Killers, but was more rare. While Mortal Kombat was more tongue-in-cheek with it's level of violence, Time Killers & Bloodstorm were focused on pure brutality with little to no room for any humor.

As far as games franchises I want to go away, Tomb Raider, Halo, and every World War II shooter franchise could die off tomorrow and I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.
let me be more specific, YOU ARE BEING A PRICK
AND YOU TALK WAY TO MUCH, thank you

Rycane_HHS

Apr 13, 2009
What needs to live:
- Half Life (need moar Episode 3)
- Duke Nukem (Goddamn Forever)

What needs to come back from the dead:
- Killer Instinct (C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKERRRRR)
- Tribes-series (Tribes 2 was godlike. Many hours spent, and I regret nothing)

What needs to die:
- The Sims (We got it already, you can make an avatar of yourself and make it do a myriad of things if you got the money)
- Crash Bandicoot (Third installment of the series was the last good one. You should have let it keep its dignity in death.)
- Sonic (NO MORE 3D SONICS)

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Tribes and MechWarrior seriously need to be resuscitated. So much potential there...

Also I'd like to see a revamped version of Soul Reaver, because the game was a good one despite the fact that it suffered from severe graphics limitations... maybe even the original Blood Omen could have a comeback.
But then again, I'm a fanboy and thus I'm biased.

What needs to die? Why, WoW, of course. Not because I hate it, but because I'd like to see how the world would cope with the loss of that electronic narcotic.

Zersy

Nov 11, 2008
I so Badly Miss

Jak and Daxter

even though the rumoured lost fronteir is finally being made it's not on the PS3 which is a huge shame

When i first got that game i was sucked it from start and still can shake off the immersion
dam i can feel my tingling sense..........

DrHoboPHD

Feb 9, 2009
Sonicron, thank you for reminding me.

WoW needs to die....why? Because, I want a WC4, they need to kill WoW, and make its story completely non-canon, then they need to make WC4, and give it the REAL fate of Illidan, Arthas and all the other characters that WoW so stupidly lets you kill.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
DrHoboPHD said:
Sonicron, thank you for reminding me.

WoW needs to die....why? Because, I want a WC4, they need to kill WoW, and make its story completely non-canon, then they need to make WC4, and give it the REAL fate of Illidan, Arthas and all the other characters that WoW so stupidly lets you kill.
That's also a very valid reason. I friggin loved WC3, and instead of grinding away until retardation sets in I'd love to experience another superb RTS with a carefully crafted story.

tehweave

Gaming Wildlife
Apr 5, 2009
Die:
Need for Speed, Anything with Naruto, Medal of Honor, Call of Duty (ONLY if they continue to make games about WW2, if they continue with "modern warfare" or anything of the sort, they will be forgiven temporarily)

Ressurected:
Alone in the Dark
(allow me to explain. A video game came out recently with the same title. I refuse to believe it's part of the original series. Why? Because it sucks.)
Duke Nukem
(I'm aware of DN: Forever, but let's face it... That's never coming out.)

robinkom

Jan 8, 2009
Maddenfreak said:
let me be more specific, YOU ARE BEING A PRICK
AND YOU TALK WAY TO MUCH, thank you
And yet you still fail to contribute to the topic. I believe you are the one "being a prick," my friend.

Nossy said:
I want a new Double Dragon game! It's been so long...
I agree with you, Nossy. Although the original developer (Technos Japan) has been bankrupt for almost 13 years now, the current IP Holders, a company called Million, was founded by the former CEO of Technos and were responsible for releasing Double Dragon Advance on the Gameboy Advance.

Given the right circumstances, there will always be a chance that a next-generation Double Dragon will appear on the horizon.

In the unlikely case that we'll see a resurgence in the Beat'em Up genre, I'd like to see Taito release a new Renegade. Hell, if anyone actually purchased the intellectual properties of Data East, then I'm all for a new Bad Dudes game.

New Troll

Mar 26, 2009
Kill Final Fantasy and bring back Wizardry.

Also, Kill Heroes of Might and Magic and bring back Might and Magic.

ender214

Oct 30, 2008
Games series I want to die:

1) Wii Play/Wii Fit/whatever new "revolutionary" game Nintendo comes out with aimed at non-gamers who wouldn't know what console to play the game on if it wasn't the first word of the title.

2) Sonic. He's dead. At least let him die with whatever dignity he has left.

Apr 28, 2008
I want Conquer's Bad Fur Day, the N64 one, remade.
And not the crappy xbox one, that one completely fucked up the multiplayer.
I want the origional multiplayer, and single player, but with updated graphics

I would also like another Crazy Taxi and Power Stone game

brazuca

Jun 11, 2008
I want to see Streets of Rage back or a game of Rambo. (something missing in FarGay2, I mean, FarCry2)

balimuzz

Apr 15, 2009
Please, dear God, kill Sonic before he and his fanbase give the rest of us AIDs the next time he tries to have his way with a human woman.

balimuzz

Apr 15, 2009
Irridium said:
I want Conquer's Bad Fur Day, the N64 one, remade.
And not the crappy xbox one, that one completely fucked up the multiplayer.
I want the origional multiplayer, and single player, but with updated graphics
amen brother. Conker kicked ass, and the xbox one chopped out the hardest bits, and stripped a beautiful multiplayer down to a generic shell of the glory that it once was.