Nostalgia

cieply

Oct 21, 2009
You mean you'll leave it to people with more skill? ;P

I agree CS is hard, but god, black ops is atrocious.

On the other hand, I wanted to do what is presented in the panel many many times and many mice lost their lives at the hands of angry gamers due to CS.

Trucken

Jan 26, 2009
Oh dear, CS. I had a friend that was a damn champion at that game. I watched him play once, he lined up headshots at enemies I didn't even see. Insane reflexes.

Which, of course, I didn't have, which meant I quickly stopped playing it after getting slapped around like a drunken kitty every damn time.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
The game is hard because there's recoil in the guns. I think people have forgotten what that feels like when holding down the fire button is actually detrimental to your killstreak. lol

Renegade-pizza

Jul 26, 2010
I will tolerate throwing consoles at a best friend's head and destroying countless hours of Skyrim saves, but I will NOT stand for the butchery of innocent PC's. Blood for bites!

But, yeah, CT is pretty fucking awful. Let's go kill steam.

Sansha

There's a principle in business
Nov 16, 2008
I was never into CS much, I only got into it around when Condition Zero came out. I've always found it fun, but never got into it competitively or even played with people all that much. It's been a strictly casual experience for me.

But, I really like this new version. It feels... modernized, while sticking to its roots. Thanks to it, I no longer need to purchase Call of Duty or Battlefield, because Global Offensive fulfills the purpose I'd have used them for - a fun little modern wahey shooty, with none of those rubbish ranks, upgrades etc.
That's really the formula that's worked for CS all these years: "Here are some guns, there are some enemies."

That said, stoked as hell to see Arms Race put in as an official game mode. I don't know why but I find it to be ridiculously fun, and I excel at it more than classic game modes.

Kelgair

May 20, 2012
*looks at the repaired fist sized hole in the wall*

Ahhhh, memories...
good lord, the last time I played CS was when you could bunny-hop...
[edit:] A bit after actually, I think I made it to 1.5. Moar memories!

Vivi22

Aug 22, 2010
cieply said:
On the other hand, I wanted to do what is presented in the panel many many times and many mice lost their lives at the hands of angry gamers due to CS.
Truer words were never spoken. I had a friend who would often throw his mouse at the wall in anger. Apparently there was one day he got so pissed playing CS that he grabbed it by the cord, swung it around above his head and slammed it into the wall so hard that he found pieces across the room. He stopped throwing his mouse after that.

It's worth noting that he was a damn good CS player too.

Chadling

Oct 8, 2008
CS is hard because the game is full of unstoppable genetically-engineered Bourne man-children that have done nothing but play CS for the last ten years of their life. Which is why that whenever I get the urge to play that game, I don't even bother. I play Surf or Zombie-mod.

Alexnader

$20 For Steve
May 18, 2009
Vivi22 said:
cieply said:
Truer words were never spoken. I had a friend who would often throw his mouse at the wall in anger. Apparently there was one day he got so pissed playing CS that he grabbed it by the cord, swung it around above his head and slammed it into the wall so hard that he found pieces across the room. He stopped throwing his mouse after that.

It's worth noting that he was a damn good CS player too.
Often times the good ones rage hardest. If you get used to doing well, failing to meet your expectations can be a big frustration. Even more so in team based games where you want to be the guy who carried the team during those close rounds.

Skyy High

Dec 6, 2009
I don't understand why people think it's soooooo hard. Stop moving while you're shooting, stop holding the trigger down, stop running around the map like Rambo. The guns "shoot silly string"? C'mon, you know that's not true, because whenever you go up against someone who knows how to aim you die in less than a second.

Russian_Assassin

Apr 24, 2008
I only tolerate Counter Strike when high and/or piss-drunk. It can go find a hole to die in when I am sober though. I swear I sometimes feel that I could watch someone destroy everything I love and STILL be less aggravated than when playing that fucking game!

Griffolion

Elite Member
Aug 18, 2009
Haha I love the little kitty in the last frame :).

And yeah, I tried playing CS the other day for the first time. I came away thinking "People find that fun? That's the godfather game of FPS multiplayer that people will defend to the hilt til the end of time?". It's probably just me.

Tiamattt

Jul 15, 2011
I can imagine the other programs on that computer sounding like the Portal 2 turrets

"I did everything you askeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed"

:p

Apr 28, 2008
Wait, you mean you play the normal game?

Weird. All I really play anymore are either Surf games or Zombiemod games.

They're pretty fun. And whenever I play the base game, it's almost always with bots. Because at least they won't insinuate having relations with my mother and then hump my corpse. Plus I love how in GO when you're dead you can take control of bots on your team and keep playing. That's a damn fine feature.

BartyMae

Apr 20, 2012
Kelgair said:
*looks at the repaired fist sized hole in the wall*

Ahhhh, memories...
good lord, the last time I played CS was when you could bunny-hop...
[edit:] A bit after actually, I think I made it to 1.5. Moar memories!
You could bunny-hop all the way up to Source...until they patched it. :( You still can, kinda, but they made it really hard to get any decent speed unless you're going at a down angle.