Nostalgia

LordFish

May 29, 2012
Wait-What?
I suck at computer games however I've always really enjoyed CS .. Just find a noob server to adjust difficulty levels.
Honestly where's the fun in console-style auto aim.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
And that is why I dont bother with Counter-strike. Maybe its not a "hardcore" or whatever, But atleast I can get some enjoyment out of Black Ops.

Blaster395

Dec 13, 2009
The problem with any competitive game that has been out for a long time is that anyone still playing it has dedicated thousands of hours to it and will destroy you.

The worst situation of this happening was when, trying to learn to play a different shooter, I got a K/D ratio of about 0.03

Dr Jones

Join the Bob Dylan Fangroup!
Jun 23, 2010
DTWolfwood said:
The game is hard because there's recoil in the guns. I think people have forgotten what that feels like when holding down the fire button is actually detrimental to your killstreak. lol
This, oh god. I'd like to call myself a "veteran" CS player, but I'm so goddamn terrible it's amazing (though my brother is incredibly good). Every time, EVERY TIME I am in a shootout with someone, it's duck, shoot burst shots until one person falls, usually me :(

Feb 28, 2008
This one made me laugh, and I haven't even played CS -- but its the principle that counts; I've felt this way about so many games.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Fappy said:
I sucked at CS too. Feel your pain bro.
You know what's worse than being bad at CS?
Being really good at it. Because each victory seems par for the course and each failure hurts so much more because you know exactly how much of a dumbass you were in that game.

Kelgair

May 20, 2012
BartyMae said:
Kelgair said:
*looks at the repaired fist sized hole in the wall*

Ahhhh, memories...
good lord, the last time I played CS was when you could bunny-hop...
[edit:] A bit after actually, I think I made it to 1.5. Moar memories!
You could bunny-hop all the way up to Source...until they patched it. :( You still can, kinda, but they made it really hard to get any decent speed unless you're going at a down angle.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krzUPpALyHU ... Bunny-hopping was amazing from 1.0 to 1.3, 1.4 was the major nerf that destroyed what bunny hopping was. 1.5 and beyond were laughable attempts at jumping. You could never truly bunny-hop in source.

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
Better not to change than become crap. I'ma looking at you COD..... GOW.... every other sequel made...

Rainboq

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2009
That's pretty much my reaction when not playing zombie or surf, just nope, nothing to do here!

kajinking

Aug 12, 2009
Always fun going back to a game you suck at thinking you'll be better only have the same damn issues. I just picked up Crysis again and suddenly I remember why it took me so long to get though the first time (stop,crawl,cloak,crawl,cloak, shoot one guy with a silenced gun and alert every Korean on the island). I guess it's not just me who feels like playing some old favorites this month, I've gone back to Crysis and TF2 which I haven't played in years.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
I love the thought process you have in the comic.
"Hey this is just like the the original game! Neat. :).....:(...Oh right, I can't play that game...:D Violence!"

Great comic.

Fifty-One

Sep 13, 2010
There was a time that I was actually decent at CS. Then I graduated college and got a job.

loudestmute

Oct 21, 2008
Picked up first gen CS during a Steam sale a while back, in the guise of preparing myself for what was to come.

Having maybe one match of Tribes under my belt from 10 years ago, and zero with CS, I was anticipating failure.

I was right.

What I was not expecting is that every server would be so heavily modified that it took upwards of 20 minutes to download all of the special sound and map files before being allowed the privelege of getting headshotted five seconds into the map.

But I will not uninstall. That will be seen as a sign of weakness.

Dangit2019

Aug 8, 2011
I suck absolute balls at CS. I wouldn't say I prefer COD, but I can walk 2 feet in a map there without getting sniped by someone who's been playing since 1999.

Myndnix

Aug 11, 2012
Replace Counter-Strike with any multiplayer game, including Counter-Strike itself, and you have me.
I know those 'feels' on this one, 'bro'.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Griffolion said:
And yeah, I tried playing CS the other day for the first time. I came away thinking "People find that fun? That's the godfather game of FPS multiplayer that people will defend to the hilt til the end of time?". It's probably just me.
Yep, that's who we have to blame for the current plague of mulyiplayer fanatics on XBOX Live! When CS first came out, did it allow for a gamer chat, and did the players vomit liquid hate into each other's ears too?

Tiamattt said:
I can imagine the other programs on that computer sounding like the Portal 2 turrets

"I did everything you askeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed"

:p
Poor programs. Why not just throw the game disc out the window?

SquidVicious

Apr 20, 2011
Country
United States
Ah counter-strike, the game that made me quit online multiplayer back in 2004 with CS: Source. Lots of good memories attached to this game, but after 3 years of playing and never feeling like I was getting any better I just felt there was better things I could be doing with my time.