Not wanting to go to Prom

DC1

Jun 8, 2009
I felt the same way as you, but I recommend you go. Proms don't happen a lot in your life, so even if you don't like it, it's not like you have to do go to one everyday. Not to sound like my (or your) parents, but I think if you don't go you'll regret it later. If you're scared about dancing take a couple shots before you go lol. Just kidding, don't. Trust me man, if you go you will only have positive memories.

Vareoth

Mar 14, 2012
If you don't want to go, don't.

I didn't go to mine because it was on my birthday and I'd rather see my family. You'll forget most of those people anyway when you leave school.

Nov 24, 2010
Orange12345 said:
I didn't go to mine and I'm pretty happy I didn't, I know I would have been bored out of my skull and a downer to everyone else so I didn't go. I am much happier just hanging out with a few of the guys and relaxing, fuck social conventions do what you want to do
i did went to mine and i regret it. Was a rather uneasy evening, filled with panick-attacks and shitty feelings..so would´ve been better if i didnt go. but i did.

so if yyou dont want, do not. fuck others, if you parents want to go to that prom, they can do, i wouldnt think that somebody might try to prevent them..but you dont have too.

and coolness is irrelevant. if you feeling shit just to be cool, than thats shit.

Wolf In A Bear Suit

Jun 2, 2012
I dunno man everyone in my school gets on quite well and can at the very least tolerate each other. If you know you won't enjoy it don't go, but I'd recommend giving it a go, and if it's shit it's shit, but if it is good you'll always remember it.

Thurston

Nov 1, 2007
Grad dinner: Boring and forgettable, other than I rented a tux.

After party however... very rememberable.

Frasman

Aug 4, 2010
I skipped my prom, grad banquet, grad portraits, yearbook and grad cruse, and spend the money on a Sega Dreamcast at launch instead. No regrets.

MisterGobbles

Nov 30, 2009
The only reason I wanted to go is because I have a huge crush on the girl I went with, and it made the experience so much better. Getting dressed up for no reason is fun and all, but it definitely helps if you're with someone you click with to tie everything together. Also I had just had surgery and one of my goals was to get out of rehab to go with the girl in question, so it was also a personal goal I had set for myself.

You won't be missing much if you don't have the context to fill it in.