Notch in No Hurry to Bring Minecraft to Steam

koroem

Jul 12, 2010
Zefar said:
When EA did this they where greedy as hell. When Notch does he's praised.

Seems a little bias to me.

But I'm ok if he want to earn more money from it.
No kidding. Especially when learned a game like Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning resulted in a 70/30 split for EA. Now that is fucking ridiculous. I can't imagine Microsoft cut him as admirable deal as what Steam could have offered. Difference is Notch didn't need Steam. He did however need Microsoft to breach the console platform, and thus Notch had no choice but to work with whatever trap Microsoft put him in, whether he realizes it or not.

Problem is, Notch's fan boys make pointless blah blah like this into news. The guy makes one game and gets lucky, and now suddenly he is some kind of savant or entrepreneurial genius that we should all watch like hawk. He opens his mouth and the gaming world hangs on the words.

This guy won't have a repeat of Minecraft success, and the only people who will be buying his games are his fans. I don't hate the guy, but seriously, undue praise is undue.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Darknacht said:
I'm fine with Minecraft not being on Steam, Notch may be a lazy and greedy bastard but so is Gabe.
Vigormortis said:
If Valve goes belly up, they will release a patch to the Steam client that will allow you to play all of your games forever. You'll never have to worry about logging on again. They've said this many times over the years. Likewise, many users on this very forum have mentioned it quite often.
Your such a funny fanboy. This will never happen. They are not legally able to do this and do you think that they are going to bother with the time and resources to patch Steam if they are going out of business, of course they wont there is no benefit in doing so. If Value did say that, they are lying to you.
I see. So you've spoken to Gabe Newell on the matter? He's told you, personally, that his company won't patch Steam to allow users to play their games offline, provided Valve goes under?

Because otherwise, everything you're saying is pure conjecture and hearsay. Whereas everything I said is quoted directly from the people behind Steam.

So, tell me again how you've refuted my point? Oh right, you haven't.

Try again please.

nyttyn

Sep 9, 2008
Wow, the success of Minecraft really went to Notch's head.

Now I'm terribly regretting giving him my money.

ViciousTide

Aug 5, 2011
I was playing Minecraft and made a Pirate bay for my pirate ship. It looked Fantastic! If only the Android Version was up to par with the smoothness of the xbox version, then it Notch could sell to the other 6 Billion people of the world with smartphones.