Notch Tweaking Minecraft's Endermen

Voodoomancer

Jun 8, 2009
Raddra said:
Endermens structural damage wasn't even half as bad as creepers.
If a creeper explodes it's because YOU, the player, failed to prevent it from exploding. Endermen as they are now will damage your house regardless of if you're even there: the same thing that gets people banned from servers for griefing. This nerf isn't about people whining, it's about not taking the game out of the player's hands.

Yokai

Oct 31, 2008
Well, that's just stupid. The random block removal adds to their creep factor, not only because it opens up new threats you have to deal with, but also because it's just inexplicable behavior...what are they actually doing with all those blocks? D:

Really though, the more mobs that require more than a mud wall to keep them out, the better. It encourages players to create more interesting structures.

Adam28

Feb 28, 2011
So what's the point of survival mode then?

To just build things? We have creative mode for that.
Oh you want to craft stuff and play the game 'legit'? There's a peaceful difficulty for that.

Survival mode was actual becoming like, I dunno, a freaking survival mode but now we are taking steps backwards. At least add an option to keep the original Endermen for people who actually want to play survival mode.

tsb247

Mar 6, 2009
I don't understand why Notch would remove their ability to move blocks. I think it adds a creppy element to the game. I can't even count the number of times I have been wantering around through a forest and found an eerie structure of cobbled together blocks. It's like thier calling card, and it can be quite creepy!

I would rather see Notch leave their ability in, but make some way for players to ward them off.

Maybe some kind of crafted item using an ender pearl; some sort of staff that they won't come x number of blocks near?

AngryBritishAce

Feb 19, 2010
C'mon, that's awesome! Love going into a wood and see trees and stuff that have been moved around. PLEASE notch, if you must change ANYTHING, change the difficulty of them. The not really scary if I can kill them with a stone sword in four hits :L

The Shade

Mar 20, 2008
Nouw said:
They remind me of the Slender Man. I'm no 'MC' expert but if there were to be a boss or a random enemy, that would be it.
Well,

SLENDERMEN

They basically are Slender Man, but... lots of him. And they move your shit.

Savryc

NAPs, Spooks and Poz. Oh my!
Aug 4, 2011
I always saw them as some kind of eldritch abomination from another plane of existence that, for whatever reason, want to simply delete your cube world one block at a time. After the nerf they're just tall shadowy, things that go down easy.