Now that Fallout 4 is being teased, what would you like to see in the next installment?

Pandabearparade

Mar 23, 2011
SajuukKhar said:
If the game is set in Boston then there will probably only be caps, as Boston is said to be as bad as the CW, and I doubt the Institute cares about money enough to print it.
I agree it's unlikely, I just think it would be nice. It shows a lot of attention to detail if different regions use different currencies. If the game is large enough, it could (but likely won't) have different regions with 'preferred' currencies backed by the respective faction that controls the area, with other currencies having a lower exchange rate.

Like I said, unlikely, but it would be cool to add that extra layer of economics in the game.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Pandabearparade said:
I agree it's unlikely, I just think it would be nice. It shows a lot of attention to detail if different regions use different currencies. If the game is large enough, it could (but likely won't) have different regions with 'preferred' currencies backed by the respective faction that controls the area, with other currencies having a lower exchange rate.

Like I said, unlikely, but it would be cool to add that extra layer of economics in the game.
Well Bethesda seems intent on staying on the east coast, which they have written off to be largely a hellhole, like the CW, from top of bottom.

Its hard to have different currencies, when no one is civilized, or technologically advanced enough, to make it.

Zeldias

Oct 5, 2011
More hairstyles that minorities might have. All the hair in FO3 and NV were basically just white textures (straight or wavy, etc), with a few exceptions. Let's expand on that.

Dual wield one-handed weapons.

More robust melee system.

A party system of some sort. I like the idea of running with a small group like in the first two Fallouts.

I would like for that brutal death perk/trait (Bloody Mess?) to always be on, but maybe ratcheted back? I like getting a headshot and seeing the skull fragment, not sure that I like getting a headshot and seeing all the enemy's limbs rocket off in random directions.

I feel like that's all I got.

Pandabearparade

Mar 23, 2011
SajuukKhar said:
Its hard to have different currencies, when no one is civilized, or technologically advanced enough, to make it.
Maybe. The opposite could also be argued for, that without a central government each major settlement would want to back a different currency. Though they'll almost certainly just stick with caps, for simplicity.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
One thing I want to see is the removed surgery minigame from Fallout 3.

I mean, they had good reason to take it out, but god it sounded lulzy.

Sitting there, watching your character's screaming face as you cauterize, and stitch up, your wounds.

Hyper-space

Nov 25, 2008
Terminate421 said:
Pandabearparade said:
Terminate421 said:
Setting it in Atlanta,
Are there many landmarks in Atlanta? I think Bethesda wants cities with big, flashy set pieces that are easily recognizable.
Olympic State Park?

We have fountains that spout out water from the ground.

The largest aquarium in the world?

Coca-Cola's headquarters? (This could be VERY helpful for Nuka-Cola plot stuff)

King and Queen buildings?

Turner Field?

I don't know, I'm just ramblin' off ideas
I'm a pretty wordly guy, been around the world and shit, but all of the things you've listed I have never seen before, or noticed enough.

Fallout: London makes the most sense if were talking about landmarks. The city of London is more or less one giant landmark.

JasonBurnout16

Oct 12, 2009
They should have a look at some of the Skyrim mechanics.

1) Sprinting - it worked here.

2) GOOD third person. The actions in Fallout 3 and NV were terrible during this view point.

3) This ones hard to suggest how to put into the game, but when I get a quest and the marker points straight at the destination I walk in a straight line as I assume most people do. This does mean I spend a lot of time grinding myself against cliff faces. Just... make the path clear to see or something.

4) More enterable buildings.

BenzSmoke

Nov 1, 2009
SajuukKhar said:
BenzSmoke said:
President Eden wanted to continue the work of President Richardson, the leader of the Enclave in Fallout 2.

Richardson planned to use a modified version of the FEV to kill all non-pure humans in the world, and then have the Enclave, what he saw as the last bastion of pure humanity in the world, slowly repopulate the earth, and establish a new world order run by The Enclave. Eden's goal was similar to Richardson's, but where Richardson tried to distribute the FEV via the air, Eden was planning to use water.

Colonial Autumn, Eden's right hand man, thought Eden was fucking stupid, and way to extreme, and planned to use the purifier, and all the fresh water it would make, to get the people of the wasteland to submit to the Enclave's control, establishing a new America, run by the Enclave.

Eden tells you all of this when you talk to him in Raven Rock. Also, if you played Fallout 2, it's the same plot as that.
BenzSmoke said:
Big Town is so part of the Caravan trade roue
http://images.wikia.com/fallout/images/3/35/Caravan_Routes.png
Also, they dont leave because no other city will take them in, and while the place they are at now sucks, no other nearby areas have fortifications already build, or an arrangement of houses that would allow for barricades to be built easily, that, and raiders occupy all nearby locations, and raiders would murder them.

Arefu has Brahmin, they even mention the Family killing their Brahmin, and once you solve the "Blood Ties" quest they get new Brahmin.
So Colonel Autumn didn't want to kill the wastelanders than why do all his men still attack everything on sight, even after he splits with Eden. If he wanted citizens/workers in his new America than how would killing everyone help? Did he just not bother to tell his men? If your whole plan hinges on having civilians around than how could you not tell your men to stop killing people? Are some still working for Eden and others for Autumn? Then why aren't they fighting each other instead of killing everyone else? I'm pretty sure both sides would consider each other a larger threat than wasters.
On top of that, where are the Enclaves recruits and resources coming from? They obviously don't accept outsiders, because of their shoot on sight policy. Do they recruit from vaults or something? Where do they get their arms and armor? Do they manufacture them at Raven Rock or the air-force base? If so, where do they get the raw materials from? Do they have mines somewhere? Where do they get food for that matter? Do they have greenhouses some where? They obviously don't trade with anyone because the try to kill everyone. If these mines and greenhouses exist than wouldn't it be a good idea for the Eastern Brotherhood to destroy them instead of attacking the Enclave directly?

As for Bigtown, as far as I know, caravans don't go near the place until after you do the quest. But even then, what does Bigtown have to trade? The only services they can provide are from an amateur doctor and a sub-par repair guy. They don't even go out to scavenge anything. So why would it be profitable for a caravan to go there?

And yes, Arefu has brahmin (After the quest, where did they get these new ones? Had they been hiding them?) but caravans don't ever buy brahmin and the arefu-ites don't seem to slaughter any of them for meat (they don't have a slaughterhouse). So I assume they milk them. But you wouldn't be able to trade milk, so I guess it's a subsistence farming thing? The also don't scavenge and they don't even provide any services. They don't have anything to trade.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
BenzSmoke said:
After you talk to Eden at Raven Rock, all of the Enclave soldiers defect to Autumn's side, Eden only controls the Encalve's robots.

Autumns men only attack you, and the BoS, when you march on project purity, and they do that in a vain effort to keep PP so they can use it for their goals. They dont just slaughter everyone.

The Encalve doesn't get recruits, all thier soliders come from The Encalve, and their resources are largely pre-war military stashes The Enclave has had in various bases around America. Raven Rock was stock full of food, and weapons, and armor, because it was a base designed to be used by The Encalve.

Just because NPCs dont leave Big Town in-game, doesn't mean they dont in lore. The people in Big Town do scavenge things. You dont see people haul wheat from the farms of Skyrim into town, but you know they do, it's just a gameplay limitation.

Why do you think that Arefu doesn't kill brahmin, and cook them, and trade the meat? You dont need a slaughterhouse to take meat off of a dead cow and cook it. And why cant they trade the milk?

And just because you dont see them trade the Brahmin, doesn't mean they dont. As I said before you dont see people haul wheat from the farms of Skyrim into town, but you know they do, it's just a gameplay limitation.

BenzSmoke

Nov 1, 2009
SajuukKhar said:
BenzSmoke said:
After you talk to Eden at Raven Rock, all of the Enclave soldiers defect to Autumn's side, Eden only controls the Encalve's robots.

Autumns men only attack you, and the BoS, when you march on project purity, and they do that in a vain effort to keep PP so they can use it for their goals. They dont just slaughter everyone.

The Encalve doesn't get recruits, all thier soliders come from The Encalve, and their resources are largely pre-war military stashes The Enclave has had in various bases around America. Raven Rock was stock full of food, and weapons, and armor, because it was a base designed to be used by The Encalve.
Just because NPCs dont leave the town in-game, doesn't mean they dont in lore. The people in Big Town do scavenge things.

You dont see people haul wheat from the farms of Skyrim into town, but you know they do, it's just a gameplay limitation.
Why do you think that Arefu doesn't kill brahmin, and cook them, and trade the meat? You dont need a slaughterhouse to take meat off of a dead cow and cook it.

And why cant they trade the milk?

And just because you dont see them trade the Brahmin, doesn't mean they dont, I am not sure why you think otherwise. As I said before you dont see people haul wheat from the farms of Skyrim into town, but you know they do, it's just a gameplay limitation.
So they all go to Autumn's side. Alright
But they still attack random passerby. Just a moment ago I saw them go out of their way to pursue and murder that group of wasters that randomly spawn and get attacked by a deathclaw when searching for treasure.
The Enclave only get recruits from themselves? How? If they only procreate with other Enclave then where do they raise the kids? If it's at Raven Rock or Adams then why don't we see them? There's only so many people that can be in the Enclave so how did they get a seemingly unlimited number of troops? Do they do a lot of inbreeding? Do the have children farms or something? Also 90% of the Enclave personnel in the game are male. If they only reproduce with themselves, then where are all the women? At least the Fallout 2 Enclave had a large number of women in it. Also how much stuff is in these pre-war equipment cashes and where are they? If they don't make any new stuff then how do they keep their equipment in working condition and how would they keep that stuff working in the long term if they had succeeded in their occupation? Also, I'm expected to believe that all their food comes from pre-war cashes as well? What happens when they run out? If they succeeded in their occupation then how would they feed their new nation if they rely only on pre-war cashes? Would they grow more with Project Purities' water? You can't grow food with purified water alone.

Why does NPC scavenging have to take place off screen? In Oblivion there was an Orc Adventurer who went into dungeons, collected loot, and left. They could easily have used a variation on that AI package. Even Mauq the Liar ran around and collected stuff if you followed him. So couldn't they have programed one or two people to go and pick stuff up? And from a roleplay stand point, if I wait around a town for a few weeks and never see anyone scavenge anything, then I would assume they didn't.

If Arefu slaughtered their cattle then where do they get new ones? There are wild ones roaming around sure, but how would they catch them? I've seen people herding cattle before and it takes a lot of people and time. Add in the dangers of the post-apocalyptic and I would say it would take all six residents in the town to capture more brahmin, but then who would be defending the town? I would believe that if the town had a bigger population.

They wouldn't be able to trade milk because none of the caravans have refrigeration. It would go bad in that hot wasteland sun.

Why am I supposed to accept that a towns main act of commerce takes place off screen? If I waited around Arefu for an in game year and never saw a brahmin get sold then yes, I would assume that they don't sell brahmin. I know an AI package for brahmin sale could be scripted in. All that'd have to happen is that someone comes down to the caravan, talks to them, and when the caravan leaves then one of the brahmin gets set to a follow path with the caravan.

Zef Otter

Nov 28, 2007
okay a third time :p

How about weapons that are not useless like the .32 pistol or the Chinese pistol? I doubt anyone used them since the 10mm pistol is very common. I hope they keep weapons from NV so we wont have to go back to the lackluster weapons.

More weapon building would be a plus. I enjoy the rock-it-launcher and the railway gun. :)

More buildings to explore.. Make the environment deadly. Make exploring deadly, Make the creatures deadly, But make it rewarding and exciting.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
BenzSmoke said:
The only time Autumn has control over the Enclave is after Raven Rock, and before you take back project purity, which the game assumes you go do the moment you can. Dicking around between Raven Rock, and taking back the purifier, is something you can do, but the game assumes you dont.

/facepalm, dude, its a game, they cant show every little thing.
-Since Raven Rock can be blown up, they can't put kids in there, because that would imply child murder. Same reason why there are no kids in GTA.
-Same with Adam's Airforce base.
-Them re-spawning is because ITS A GAME, they don't have an unlimited number of troops. They dont even actually have that many.
-Presumably the Enclave monitors reproduction to prevent inbreeding from occurring.
-The lack of female Enclave is actually a mystery to me, IIRC there are files for female Enclave in Fallout 3's game data, but they weren't used often for some reason.
-There's a lot of stuff in the pre-war bases, they have spare parts, and over time they DO eventually have to merge suits of armor together because they dont have spare parts. The Enclave doesn't normally risk suits of power armor unless they are going up against enemies that they NEED to use them against, or know that they can defeat so easily that their armor wont take anything but superficial damage.
-The purified water would allow them to plant seeds, and, if they control the purifier, they have a GECK, the GECK is a device that has the tools for agriculture and stuff in it.

-The adventurers for Oblivion only worked because they were random, and not needed in quests. A named NPC from a town dieing could break quests, so they aren't used in such types of scavenging scripts. That is also why Bethesda put those unnamed scavengers all over the wasteland, presumably, those are people from various towns looking for stuff.

-Who says Arefu is dumb enough to kill all of their cows at once? one would except them to breed them, and make sure the offspring live, before they kill the adults.

-Dude, the milk is made by mutated cows, and SCIENCE!. Doc Hoff can keep stimpacks, and other medical supplies, sanitary, and Crow can carry like 15 suits of power armor, they can keep milk fine too.

-That is a totally unnecessary thing to do considering 99% of people dont bother paying attention to the game enough to notice if a town sells brahmin or not. They dont show people taking a crap but you know they do, its a game, not everything can be displayed.

aelreth

Dec 26, 2012
Perhaps they should sell the rights to do a Fallout Game in Podunk Country to a local studio? Like a McDonald's Franchise paying corporate HQ?

BenzSmoke

Nov 1, 2009
SajuukKhar said:
BenzSmoke said:
The only time Autumn has control over the Enclave is after Raven Rock, and before you take back project purity, which the game assumes you go do the moment you can. Dicking around between Raven Rock, and taking back the purifier, is something you can do, but the game assumes you dont.

/facepalm, dude, its a game, they cant show every little thing.
-Since Raven Rock can be blown up they can't put kids in there because they would imply child murder.
-Same with Adam's Airforce base.
-Them re-spawning is because ITS A GAME, they don't have an unlimited number of troops. They dont even actually have that many.
-Presumably the Enclave monitors reproduction to prevent inbreeding from occurring.
-The lack of female Enclave is actually a mystery to me, IIRC there are files for female Enclave in Fallout 3's game data, but they weren't used.
-There's a lot of stuff in the pre-war bases, they have spare parts, and over time they DO eventually have to merge suits of armor together because they dont have spare parts. The Encalve doesn't normally risk suits of power armor unless they are going up against enemies that they NEED to use them against, or know that they can defeat so easily that their armor wont take anything but superficial damage.
-The purified water would allow them to plant seeds, and, if they control the purifier, they have a GECK, the GECK is a device that has the tools for agriculture and stuff in it.

-The adventurers for Oblivion only worked because they were random, and not needed in quests. A named NPC from a town dieing could break quests so they aren't used in such types of scavenging scripts. That is also why Bethesda put those unnamed scavengers all over the wasteland.

-If not seeing a NPC go scavenge breaks your immersion then NPCs not using the toilet every couple of hours must RUIN your immersion also.

-Who says Arefu is dumb enough to kill all of their cows at once? one would except them to breed them and make sure the offspring live before they kill the adults.

-Dude, the milk is made by mutated cows, and SCIENCE!. Doc Hoff can keep stimpacks, and other medical supplies, sanitary, and Crow can carry like 15 suits of power armor, they can keep milk fine too.

-That is a totally unnecessary thing to do considering 99% of people dont bother paying attention to the game enough to notice if a town sells brahmin or not. They don't show people taking a shit but you know they do, its a game, not everything can be displayed.
Yes I know that that's the only time he has control, I even go kill him right after Raven Rock when I play. I just think that it's silly to imply a time limit on a quest without actually having one and allowing the player to go dick around in Pittsburgh or something while everyone in the main quest, including the baddies, wait for you to come back.

-Megaton can be blown up and there are kids there, so why can't there be kids in the Enclave? They don't even have to show them. They could have been evacuated during the brotherhood attack on Adams or something.
-They could have easily made the enclave not re-spawn. When you killed the anyone in Fallout 2, they didn't re-spawn. Heck I could open the PC game editor myself and set Enclave to not respawn.
-Yes, one would assume that they monitor reproduction. But that's not in the game.
-Nor do they ration power armor, everyone is wearing it. Even the people in Raven Rock, where they wouldn't expect a prisoner to break out with the help of the robo-president. Even the soldiers on non-combat missions have power armor (as well as attack everything on sight.)
In Fallout 2 only soldiers at the Vertibird base had advanced power armor and even there many of the engineers and security guards wore combat armor not power armor. On the Enclave Oil Rig the only people that had Advanced Power armor were the high ranking soldiers, those on active duty, and the president's secret service. Even new recruits (one's that came from the wasteland I might add) that were being trained in the use of power armor were wearing the inferior T51-b model power armor to train in. In those games they had evidence to imply power armor rationing. In Fallout 3 all enclave soldiers wear it.
-The GECK isn't a box of farming stuff it's a matter-energy replicator and terraforming device designed to create radiation free farmland. (Source:http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Garden_of_Eden_Creation_Kit ) At the end of Fallout 3 they didn't use a GECK to control the purifier, they physically installed it into the purifier. (Even though according to Fallout 2 a GECK can purify water as well as land when it terraforms an area. So why'd they waste it on a water purifier?)

-Not all named NPCs are involved in quests, a lot of them aren't even that important or interesting. They could have easily designated at least one person from each settlement as town scavenger.
-Not seeing an NPC go to the bathroom wouldn't break my immersion. Do you see everyone in your town go to the bathroom in reality? No it happens "off screen" so to speak. So I'd expect the same in a game.

-Yes one would expect them to breed cows, but you never see a baby brahmin in the game.

-All meds and chems in Fallout (pre or post war) are designed to keep good for long times. Milk is not. As for Crow carrying all that power armor, he's not. His pack brahmin carries the shop inventory.

-Yes I know that most people who play Fallout 3 don't try to role-play in the game. Heck, I don't even try to role-play, I play it to explore and play around with mods. I'm just trying to point out that it's very difficult to actually role play in this role playing game.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
BenzSmoke said:
-Well, Fallout 3 is not a linear game, thus no time limit. Placing time limits on a game like Fallout 3, or Skyrim, is counter productive to the overall game-play.

-Because no one gets so bothered over there not being kids in the Enclave base as to warrant putting them in there.

-Fallout 3 is not Fallout 2, Fallout 2's gameplay is designed around a non-respawning system, games like Fallout 3, and Skyrim, are not. Also, many NPCs are set to not respawn after killed, so an Enclave camp will have less NPCs after you kill everything there, and it respawns, then it did before you killed everyone there.

-It doesn't have to be directly stated in the game, again, we dont see NPCs take a crap, but we know they do.

-Actually there are many enclave officers, and Enclave scientists, not wearing power armor.

-Fallout 2 was also a limited game, of limited scope. Fallout 3, is not, and its counter productive to the gameplay to not give soldiers power armor.

-I suggest you actually read that page before you comment on it
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Garden_of_Eden_Creation_Kit
"The Kit has the appearance of a small, silver briefcase emblazoned with the letters "G.E.C.K."; according to Vault-Tec advertisements, it contains all the seeds, fertilizer, and other equipment (including a cold fusion power generator and a basic replicator) necessary to start a new settlement in a post-nuclear world after emerging from a Vault shelter. "

-And you know what? I dont see people going to the store all the time IRL either. So I would expect it to happen OFF SCREEN also in the game, or at least the game's equivalent, which is scavenging.

-Because no one is that perturbed by there not being a realistic Brahmin reproduction cycle to have even added it in a mod.

-And why cant they have mini fridges on the brahmin? or seal the milk bottles with the same thing they used to seal the food?

-It has nothing to do with role-play. Seeing people buy and sell brahmin is TOTALLY unrelated to roleplay.

Pandabearparade

Mar 23, 2011
SajuukKhar said:
-Because no one gets so butt hurt over there not being kids in the Enclave base as to warrant putting them in there. Seriously, you are, literally, the only person I have EVER seen complain about the lack of kids in the Encalve base.
Well, it's a military base and I assume you don't see all of it. I suspect the Enclave has different lodgings for civilians.

I grant Bethesda a pass on this one, there didn't need to be children in Raven Rock. Unless they were the Little Lamplight brats, so I could finally get rid of them.

-It doesn't have to be directly stated in the game, again, we dont see NPCs take a crap, but we know they do.
I agree that you don't need to see the residents actually milk the brahmin, bottle it, and sell it to merchants passing through. That would be a lot of programming time for little payoff. On the other hand, there -should- be brahmin there to demonstrate that the settlement has a means to continue existing. Unlike the Republic of Dave and Canterbury Commons, which produce nothing to trade - except the Mechanist, who either dies or leaves. Am I the only one who finds it silly to scare off one of the most useful people in the wasteland?

-I suggest you actually read that page before you comment on it
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Garden_of_Eden_Creation_Kit
"The Kit has the appearance of a small, silver briefcase emblazoned with the letters "G.E.C.K."; according to Vault-Tec advertisements, it contains all the seeds, fertilizer, and other equipment (including a cold fusion power generator and a basic replicator) necessary to start a new settlement in a post-nuclear world after emerging from a Vault shelter. "
That's the Fallout 2 GECK, not the Fallout 3 GECK. He's right, the Fallout 3 GECK is a terraforming miracle machine. That the protagonist breaks to purify water.

From the same article you linked:

"This version of the G.E.C.K. is a far more advanced piece of technology than the implied agricultural starter kit the developers of the previous games intended it to be, possibly containing some sort of chemical fusion based molecular assembly-device"

I agree with you on the rest, mostly. Attention to detail is important on the macro level, but in the micro level I don't really need to see NPCs artificially inseminating the brahmin.

aivalera

Aug 30, 2011
So many things so little time...

-Being able to choose your own background story would be nice.

-Having your own vehicle is a kick ass idea. Motercycles, cars, helicopters would all be awesome.

-Building/Updating your house was okay, but starting and building up your own town is pure RPG awesomeness.

-For those Hardcore fans, how about fighting nuclear winter in Canada? In the game it was annexed into the US but nobody really talks about it.

-Being able to build your own armor.

Sansha

There's a principle in business
Nov 16, 2008
ShinyCharizard said:
I would like the game to be co-developed by Bethesda and Obsidian. Have Bethesda do the world building and Obsidian do the story and characters. It would be the best RPG ever then.
This.

Fallout's inherent problem is they've made four good but heavily flawed games, and what they need is to make one epic, well-developed game. The Elder Scrolls and Grand Theft Auto series have been one smash hit after another, with each having their own issues but they're buried beneath a flood of fun, writing and characters, unlike Fo3 and NV which, while being great games, have massive glaring issues.

They need to sit down, re-develop the engine (the Fo3 and NV engine is outdated and needs replacing), and fire out something phenomenal to break the cycle of mediocrity... there's always been so much potential.

aivalera said:
-For those Hardcore fans, how about fighting nuclear winter in Canada? In the game it was annexed into the US but nobody really talks about it.
YES.

One of my posts on the subject touches on it. I'm going to find it and post it here, HERE I GO.

Found it!:

So far, the Fallout games have told stories of California, Nevada, Arizona, Washington DC, Point Lookout and Pittsburgh. Europe is barely mentioned; only with Tenpenny and Moriarty having come from the continent somehow. Mexico is further talked about; Raul speaks of how Mexico City and the surrounding areas were turned into toxic horror lands of gang warfare and pestilence.
I'd like to see a Fallout game take place in Canada because it would be a whole new story, a whole new experience and interesting to learn so much more about the story and timeline leading up to and following the Great War's nuclear exchange. Ghouls talking about the riots and war crimes, survivors misreading Canadian traditions and culture, the CN tower being the power in the Frozen Wasteland, and, Atom willing, mutated moose and beavers.
A lot of people criticize Fallout 3's story of the Capital Wasteland for being separate from the West Coast escapades of the first two Fallout games, but I actually appreciated the whole new experience. Such an experience can easily be replicated in (To)Ronto, Ottawa, Vancouver or even Alaska itself, which could lead to information about China's fate, or even a lead in to visiting the land itself.

So far, all the history we know is that of the United States, even then it's only the above six places. I want to see the rest of the world.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Pandabearparade said:
-The Republic of Dave has brahmin, so they do have stuff to trade, such as milk, and meat.

But I do concede the fact that they aren't anywhere near caravans to easily trade with them, but then again, one of Dave's wives mentions how Dave keeps them distanced from the caravans on purpose. Which does bring up the question how they get medical supplies, unless they dont, which is entirely possible.

-I will give you Canterbury Commons though, they aint got jack, except maybe scrap/salvage from the town they are in, and the nearby robot factory, but that's never really stated.

*edit*
Actually, according to the Fallout wiki, Canterbury Commons has brahmin behind the garage, or at least a Brahmin stable.

*second edit*
I went and checked, there are three brahmin, in a brahmin coral, right next to the garage in Canterbury Commons, so they have brahmin also.

In hundreds of hours of playing Fallout 3, I can safely say, I never knew that.

-Yes, I find it silly also that we scare him off.

-Fallout 3 doesn't stick to lore that well, even I know that. The GECK being a deus ex machina machine is..... stupid.

Cheesus Crust

Mar 8, 2012
Make the NPCs look organic when you talk to them. I'm not asking much but sheesh NPCs like lock onto you like a robot or something its friggin weird and off putting. Other than that I wouldn't ask for anything new off the top of my head since Bethesda usually does a good job anyway.