Nyan Cat Invades Unreal Tournament 3

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
I didn't laugh till I saw the disclaimer at the end. "This product was tested on humans" XD

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Christopher N said:
Might be the most hilairious mod. EVER. I wonder if there's going to be a mod that makes it into Tacnayn, Nyancat's arch nemesis
It's good, but really, this was done before, and done better as the Strangelove 2.0 mod for the original UT.
You could not only ride the redeemer, but you could pick up a friend to ride shotgun with you and shoot at people from atop a nuclear warhead.

How fucking awesome is that?

People wonder why I'm wary about publishers putting the thumbscrews to the modding community, and it's stuff like that. Publishers WISH they could create content to compete with that, and they just know that they can't.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
I would find it more amusing if "Red Faction: Armageddon" hadn't introduced the awesome power of "Mr. Toots" earlier this year. :)

It's in a similar vein, and honestly I was expecting to see things like this for other shooter games before now.

Genixma

Sep 22, 2009
...You sure no one will go blind from the sudden emerging of bright colors in the brown and gray environment?

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
That's great! Kind of makes me want to play UT3 again. Shame I traded it in, having purchased it for the 360, where the online section was practically dead, even when I played it all that time ago. Wouldn't have got the nyan cat redeemer on there anyway.

I still dream that Epic will make another UT game someday, though not sure if we'll see that happening anytime soon, seeing as they're probably putting all their multiplayer efforts into Gears 3 right now and until people get tired of the MWs and BFs of this world.

Pity, as offloading the snotgun into someone's face will always be more fun than doing the same with an AA-12....

Gitty101

Jan 22, 2010
I was afraid something like this would happen. Now nowhere is safe from the evils of the Nyan...

Magicmad5511

May 26, 2011
BRING FORTH THE NYANPOCOLYPSE.
RAIN POPTART FURY UPON YOUR ENEMIES AND SHOW NO MERCY.

I did not see anything like this coming ever. I should have though considering this is the internet.

Wuffykins

Jun 21, 2010
Ugh, of course I have to learn about his while being sleep deprived and with a bunch of spare cash. This is like the Hello Kitty Toaster episode all over again... well, 'cept with less toast, nya.

Still, quite the awesomesauce mod. Hopefully it gets to see the light in other shooters as well.

Korolev

No Time Like the Present
Jul 4, 2008
That looks like it would be entertaining for all of 10 minutes, then the excessive nyan's would drive you mad. I'm already sick to death of that internet meme.

Then again, it's UT3, a game I haven't played in.... what, 4 years? The game's dead in australia anyway - no one plays it here. The servers are literally barren. So it's an annoying optional feature in a game I don't play... so I guess I shouldn't really get so worked up over this.