Obama likes portal

Donttazemehbro

Nov 24, 2009
enzilewulf said:
Donttazemehbro said:
Portal was a great game but maybe Mr. Obama should spend his time you know RUNNING THE COUNTRY
Right y'know because he hasn't accomplished anything in the last year >.>
nothing good to further the country for the BETTER

Lemon Of Life

Jul 8, 2009
I love that man.

I just ran through this game again this morning, with the developer commentary on. It truly is superb.

Proteus214

Game Developer
Jul 31, 2009
This and he actually knows what a bubble sort is lol.

It's good to have a geek president.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
And here I thought the sycophantic Portal fanbase had died down a wee bit. But no, Obama has to like this fucking game and thus their praise oozes through the forums yet again.

I never thought a fanbase could make me hate a game I initially loved.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
Call me cynical, but could this just be another, more elaborate and sofisticated means of appealing to younger voters (sofisticated in the sense that someone went out and actually bothered to find out what young voters like playing)?

Rombor

Mar 29, 2010
I'm not sure that image isn't fake. But if it isn't fake, it doesn't have to mean he's a gamer. Maybe he just thinks it's silly, and laughs at it. But if he is a gamer that's cool. Or he's just earning some money, being a front figure in the new commercials for Portal 2.

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
Appeal to popularity, or authority. In both cases, a logical fallacy. The only thing we can glean from this fact is the fact itself: Obama likes Portal (and really, who that's played it doesn't?). It doesn't make Obama any better or worse a politician, nor does it make Portal any better or worse a game.

I'm honestly getting really tired of everybody jumping on something like this - by which I mean celebrities or famous politicians saying they like something. It's essentially meaningless and not really interesting unless you're locked in the narrow frame of mind that says politicians are intrinsically boring people.

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
Well, that's a nice little fact about our president, but come on. Almost everyone who has ever played it has loved Portal. It's one of Valve's best released games. I wonder what Obama will think of the sequel.

Gwarr

Mar 24, 2010
Now if we only knew what Glenn Beck plays before he's show.

Sarah Palin is a fanatic Sim 3 player I bet.

soapyshooter

That Guy
Jan 19, 2010
thats soooo fake. Someone probably shopped Portal onto election coverage he was watching in '08.

EDIT: Where the fuck is the HUD? such a poor job. Still funny

soapyshooter

That Guy
Jan 19, 2010
Gwarr said:
Now if we only knew what Glenn Beck plays before he's show.

Sarah Palin is a fanatic Sim 3 player I bet.
Palin is Cabela's Big Game Hunter type of girl.

Glenn Beck probably plays GTA IV, driving around drunk reminiscing about his super awesome life as an alcoholic in the '90s and taking out his anger on civilians with a baseball bat imagining they look like Obama

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
I read a while back he also made a Warcraft account to see what it was like because the nations youth was playing it :p

Legion IV

Mar 30, 2010
Uszi said:
http://kokugamer.com/2010/03/20/obama-cant-wait-for-portal-2/
http://www.fpstime.com/2010/03/obama-loves-portal/

Old, but I hadn't heard it.
What do you guys think? Does the Presidential Seal of Approval make Portal the best game ever?

Thats cute how you think portal is one of the greatest games ever.

Blue22

Jul 17, 2009
Well it's nice to know I'm playing a game played by the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES! Makes it feel a whole lot more epic.

SnipErlite

Aug 16, 2009
Heh. Cool guy.

Well not that I know anything about politics but as a person he's cool.

Oh and Portal ftw.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Wow, someone likes Portal, stop the press.

Is this really news? Okay, cool. The President of the US likes videogames, I'm sure it's been mentioned before.