Obama

Frater Perdurabo

Sep 10, 2008
captain awesome 12 said:
Yes, because a man with his incredible amount of experience is just what we need in the economic crisis. Yes, because a man taught by Communists is the right choice in a Capitalist based society. Yes, because a man that cannot think for himself, that must be in front of a TelePrompTer at all times has the ingenuity, intelligence and ability to lead us. Yes, because a man that thinks there are 57 states is the exact role model for young people. Yes, because the "change we need" is the reinstitution of the cabinet and policies of the Clinton Era. Yes, because a man that doesn't even realize that he's the most powerful man in the world is holding the keys to our future. Yes, because since his campaign was so good he absolutely cannot fail. Yes, because a man with such little grip upon world issues is the right man for the job. I could keep going, but I don't feel the need to. Wait I've got another more. Yes, the Community Organizer from Chicago with connections to terrorists and slum crime lords, that has less time in the Senate that I do with playing Halo 3 is a much better choice than the decorated war hero whose faced the darkest of times and come through with honor and humility, and who has spent an incredible amount of time serving this country. A man who's only criticisms were that he was "old" "just like Bush" (which isn't true at all, merely left wing propaganda) and "can't use a computer" (because the injuries sustained during the five years he spent in hell in a Vietnamese prison camp with his fellow men have rendered him unable to use a keyboard.)
I hope that Obama is the greatest president ever, but I know he won't be. His policies have been proven time and time again to be failures, what policies he has ever expressed. He lacks the understanding, the humility, the experience, the courage, the temperance, the morality, the honesty, and the character to succeed. While I believe that Obama may very well be a "smart" man, a good father, and a charismatic speaker (when he's been told what to say) he was not the right man for this office.

Don't get me started on Socialized Medicine. When you break down the people that don't have healthcare very few actually cannot afford it. A 1/5 or so are illegal immigrants, nearly half are those who willfully refuse it because of a feeling of "immortality" due to young age. Another part of the demographic are people that are so incredibly wealthy they don't need it. And if people can't afford it but still need an operation or are sick they do not have to pay. Why do you think so many Canadians come to the U.S. to have surgery? Socialized healthcare adds a massive amount of patients at one time, causing overcrowding, and long waiting lines. Substandard hospitals, poorly equipped facilities, and doctors that are underpaid spawn out of it. By the way, the massive tax increase that comes along with all of this means it isn't fee anyway, you just get around 26 billion extra in money paid to the government.

Obama isn't the solution. Bush strengthened our defense, but did little on the home front because of his massive spending. However, Obama's policies are no different, the first thing he wants is a trillion dollar bailout! There are a number of ways to accomplish this. One, print more money, inflation rises. Two, tax more, you voted for this guy people. Three, go farther in debt to ourselves. I'm sorry, but I cannot put faith in this man.

Sources: http://www.cato.org/pubs/catosletter/catosletterv3n1.pdf http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtIws
Easy on the Cool Aid Captain. Next time you write something read it before you post it. Bush Stregthened your defenses??? For god's sake he waged wars with non existent enemies and streched thn your troops. You need one more battlefield for your warmachine to collapse.

About the tax thing you mentioned. I wont speak about your 13 trillion external debt that you as a country have thanks to Bush neither for the gifts of 20 billion Dollars in military equipment you give to Israel every Year.

And about the age thing you mentioned, Your country needs a president young enough that wont die of old age during his first term and will also be able to understand the young people of your country cause their the future.

Also it is costume to wait for the man to die before you bury him. but history showed us that you are ok to have a corpse controlled by FED run your country.

cobra_ky

Nov 20, 2008
captain awesome 12 said:
Yes, because a man with his incredible amount of experience is just what we need in the economic crisis. Yes, because a man taught by Communists is the right choice in a Capitalist based society. Yes, because a man that cannot think for himself, that must be in front of a TelePrompTer at all times has the ingenuity, intelligence and ability to lead us. Yes, because a man that thinks there are 57 states is the exact role model for young people. Yes, because the "change we need" is the reinstitution of the cabinet and policies of the Clinton Era. Yes, because a man that doesn't even realize that he's the most powerful man in the world is holding the keys to our future. Yes, because since his campaign was so good he absolutely cannot fail. Yes, because a man with such little grip upon world issues is the right man for the job. I could keep going, but I don't feel the need to. Wait I've got another more. Yes, the Community Organizer from Chicago with connections to terrorists and slum crime lords, that has less time in the Senate that I do with playing Halo 3 is a much better choice than the decorated war hero whose faced the darkest of times and come through with honor and humility, and who has spent an incredible amount of time serving this country. A man who's only criticisms were that he was "old" "just like Bush" (which isn't true at all, merely left wing propaganda) and "can't use a computer" (because the injuries sustained during the five years he spent in hell in a Vietnamese prison camp with his fellow men have rendered him unable to use a keyboard.)
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/13/us/politics/13text-mccain.html?pagewanted=print

Q: But do you go on line for yourself?

Mr. McCain: They go on for me. I am learning to get online myself, and I will have that down fairly soon, getting on myself. I don?t expect to be a great communicator, I don?t expect to set up my own blog, but I am becoming computer literate to the point where I can get the information that I need ? including going to my daughter?s blog first, before anything else.

Q: Do you use a blackberry or email?

Mr. McCain: No

Mark Salter: He uses a BlackBerry, just ours.

Mr. McCain: I use the Blackberry, but I don?t e-mail, I?ve never felt the particular need to e-mail. I read e-mails all the time, but the communications that I have with my friends and staff are oral and done with my cell phone. I have the luxury of being in contact with them literally all the time. We now have a phone on the plane that is usable on the plane, so I just never really felt a need to do it. But I do ? could I just say, really ? I understand the impact of blogs on American politics today and political campaigns. I understand that. And I understand that something appears on one blog, can ricochet all around and get into the evening news, the front page of The New York Times. So, I do pay attention to the blogs. And I am not in any way unappreciative of the impact that they have on entire campaigns and world opinion.
mccain didn't say anything about not being able to type. he said he wasn't computer literate yet. and it's not like there aren't altenative keyboards made for people with problems like mccain's: http://atrc.utoronto.ca/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=52&Itemid=9

if you want to bring up verbal "gaffes", mccain confused sunni and shia. and taught by communists? really?

what killed mccain politically was using bush's campaign staff to try to run a bush-style campaign.

captain awesome 12

Dec 28, 2008
Zeriercahl said:
captain awesome 12 said:
I hope that Obama is the greatest president ever, but I know he won't be. His policies have been proven time and time again to be failures, what policies he has ever expressed. He lacks the understanding, the humility, the experience, the courage, the temperance, the morality, the honesty, and the character to succeed. While I believe that Obama may very well be a "smart" man, a good father, and a charismatic speaker (when he's been told what to say) he was not the right man for this office.

etc...

Sources: http://www.cato.org/pubs/catosletter/catosletterv3n1.pdf http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtIws
Woah woah woah there captain awesome. The campaign is over. Obama won. The fight was well fought but you can get off your soap box and go home now. I mean, the 57 states youtube link? Really? Don't forget the interview when he says he's a Muslim by mistake but the cropped video cuts him off. Uh-oh! Gotcha' Obama! Freudian slip!
We can tell you'd love to go back to those moments just before it was clear Obama landslided McCain but let's try to move on now ok?

Anyways, I have no doubts that Obama will be a great president. Certainly his term will probably never equal the theatrics of his campaign, but political theatrics is not what America needs right now. (And that's why Sarah Palin, who promised much theatrics in years to come, didn't help her candidate win after all.) What America needs is a diplomatic and forward thinking leader and that is exactly what Obama is. He has me convinced that he can make the right decisions when to make them and I'm patiently waiting for his taking office so all these "grar! McCain shudda wun!" yokels can sit down and watch a real leader get things done.
I'll admit, I was overzealous when I made this post, but that was to create discussion. Really though, I merely wanted to point out to people that Obama isn't all he's cracked up to be. There is no problem with slipping up on words, however, if it had been a Republican like Sarah Palin, George Bush, John Mccain, or anyone else the media would have been all over it. Don't deny it, you know it's true. Oh and Obama didn't landslide McCain by the way, yes, in the Electoral College system he won by a large margin, but not by popular vote and not by counties. Anyway, this thread was about how his term will go, and I am merely using past history and information to predict what will happen in the future. I look at you as a very big hypocrite, if political theatrics isn't what we need, why did Obama get elected? His campaign was based on theatrics (what does "Change" mean anyway?). He became a tidal wave of popularity, the world's biggest celebrity; he hardly ever said anything of substance. You say we need a "diplomatic and forward thinking leader" what does that mean? That has no set boundaries, and can be interpreted in any fashion. I for one don't believe that setting no preconditions with dangerous people is a very bad idea. You really give a man that abstained from voting in the senate 130 times a hell of a lot of credit by calling him "a real leader."
Let us unite on this issue, I really hope Obama does well. I hope he becomes the greatest president of all time. Really I do, because we need it. I just have the hardest time in the world accepting that he can, based off of his past history. Like I said, he's probably a good guy, a good father, a smart man. However we need more than that, and if it's leadership that what you wanted, you put your faith in the wrong guy.
http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/archives/2008_election_county-by county/
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_OlGtspOK2uo/SMgK1W5GTBI/AAAAAAAAAZA/Es63va80nfU/s1600-h/obama.jpg

captain awesome 12

Dec 28, 2008
Frater Perdurabo said:
captain awesome 12 said:

Don't get me started on Socialized Medicine. When you break down the people that don't have healthcare very few actually cannot afford it. A 1/5 or so are illegal immigrants, nearly half are those who willfully refuse it because of a feeling of "immortality" due to young age. Another part of the demographic are people that are so incredibly wealthy they don't need it. And if people can't afford it but still need an operation or are sick they do not have to pay. Why do you think so many Canadians come to the U.S. to have surgery? Socialized healthcare adds a massive amount of patients at one time, causing overcrowding, and long waiting lines. Substandard hospitals, poorly equipped facilities, and doctors that are underpaid spawn out of it. By the way, the massive tax increase that comes along with all of this means it isn't fee anyway, you just get around 26 billion extra in money paid to the government.

Obama isn't the solution. Bush strengthened our defense, but did little on the home front because of his massive spending. However, Obama's policies are no different, the first thing he wants is a trillion dollar bailout! There are a number of ways to accomplish this. One, print more money, inflation rises. Two, tax more, you voted for this guy people. Three, go farther in debt to ourselves. I'm sorry, but I cannot put faith in this man.

Easy on the Cool Aid Captain. Next time you write something read it before you post it. Bush Stregthened your defenses??? For god's sake he waged wars with non existent enemies and streched thn your troops. You need one more battlefield for your warmachine to collapse.

About the tax thing you mentioned. I wont speak about your 13 trillion external debt that you as a country have thanks to Bush neither for the gifts of 20 billion Dollars in military equipment you give to Israel every Year.

And about the age thing you mentioned, Your country needs a president young enough that wont die of old age during his first term and will also be able to understand the young people of your country cause their the future.

Also it is costume to wait for the man to die before you bury him. but history showed us that you are ok to have a corpse controlled by FED run your country.
By strengthened our defenses I meant that despite numerous terrorist attacks on other countries after 911 the United States was not hit again. If you think it wasn't because terrorists didn't try you've got to be crazy, it's common sense they'd want to try and launch more strikes. I do believe that it's because of the Patriot Act that many attacks were stopped, whether small scale or large scale. Make all the accusations you want about "civil rights violations" but really, it worked. If you bothered to read my post you'd have noticed that I criticized Bush's massive spending, but a man that wants to come in and spend even more won't improve this.

In all honesty, is it the young people of this country that need to be understood, or the rest of the world and the country in which he will run? Personally, as a young person I am drawn to the war hero/patriot/servant of his country over the marijuana-smoking, community organizer that abstained from voting 44% of the time. McCain is in no way feebleminded, and in no way close to death, so I highly doubt that he'd die in the next four years.

I also take extreme offense to be called a Cool-Aid drinker. I think Cool-Aid is a delicious beverage that all people should enjoy. On a more serious note, the people who voted for a man who ran around yelling "Change! Change! Change!" drink far more Cool-Aid than me.

captain awesome 12

Dec 28, 2008
cobra_ky said:
captain awesome 12 said:
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/13/us/politics/13text-mccain.html?pagewanted=print

Q: But do you go on line for yourself?

Mr. McCain: They go on for me. I am learning to get online myself, and I will have that down fairly soon, getting on myself. I don?t expect to be a great communicator, I don?t expect to set up my own blog, but I am becoming computer literate to the point where I can get the information that I need ? including going to my daughter?s blog first, before anything else.

Q: Do you use a blackberry or email?

Mr. McCain: No

Mark Salter: He uses a BlackBerry, just ours.

Mr. McCain: I use the Blackberry, but I don?t e-mail, I?ve never felt the particular need to e-mail. I read e-mails all the time, but the communications that I have with my friends and staff are oral and done with my cell phone. I have the luxury of being in contact with them literally all the time. We now have a phone on the plane that is usable on the plane, so I just never really felt a need to do it. But I do ? could I just say, really ? I understand the impact of blogs on American politics today and political campaigns. I understand that. And I understand that something appears on one blog, can ricochet all around and get into the evening news, the front page of The New York Times. So, I do pay attention to the blogs. And I am not in any way unappreciative of the impact that they have on entire campaigns and world opinion.
mccain didn't say anything about not being able to type. he said he wasn't computer literate yet. and it's not like there aren't altenative keyboards made for people with problems like mccain's: http://atrc.utoronto.ca/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=52&Itemid=9

if you want to bring up verbal "gaffes", mccain confused sunni and shia. and taught by communists? really?

what killed mccain politically was using bush's campaign staff to try to run a bush-style campaign.
Sunni and Shia? Really? Wow, I wonder how anyone could ever get that confused. I mean it's so much less confusing than the number of states in your country. I get it confused all the time, there are like 13 states in America right? Whether it was a Freudian slip or not, it still remains that if it had been say, Sarah Palin that said there were 57 states the Media would've been all over it.

Yes, taught by communists. It's true. Frank Marshall, Obama's teacher in Hawaii, and also a close friend, mentor, and "father figure" as put forth in "Dreams From My Father" was a devout communist and member of the CPUSA. Obama's teacher in college, who in his autobiography he says is one of the people who had the biggest impact on his life was Saul Alinsky. He wrote Rules for Radicals, a book on how to undermine governmental systems from within. By first gaining the trust of those you wish to destroy, not arguing, but pandering. Once you are in a position of power you can start the breakdown. Alinsky also had a large impact on Hilary Clinton. Other radical associations include terrorist Bill Ayers, slum lord Tony Rezco, and Obama's pastor Jeremiah Wright. Well it's too late now I guess, these people already voted for him: http://www.howobamagotelected.com/ Please watch the video down the bottom. It aired on nation television.

taquito_sandywich

Jan 12, 2009
I hope he does well. i think the first term will suck hardcore though because of all the shit Bush screwed up, and then everyone that thinks a huge ass leak can be fixed in like five seconds are going to be like "WAAAAH IMPEACH!! HE'S NOT THE FLASH! WHY ISN'T HE FASTER? I'M STILL LOSING MONEY!"

Dhael

Nov 29, 2008
recalcitrance said:
captain awesome 12 said:
Yes, because the "change we need" is the reinstitution of the cabinet and policies of the Clinton Era.
Is it just me or did the Clinton Era offer the first budget surpluses after a string of deficits by Republican Presidents? If you're so worried about spending you only need look at the Republican Presidents - they are in recent history far more likely to have a higher debt to GDP ratio.
Except he did it by raping the military to the point that it became a global joke. Then he had the nerve to complain about how many soldiers were on welfare, because their paychecks had been cut, and their training budgets had been slaughtered like a sacrificial cow. He pillaged federal funding for maintaining the highway system, brought the Social Security system to the point of collapse, and flayed our intelligence services.

I actually liked Clinton, but his "surplus" was a joke, because getting it did such damage to the infrastructure, it isn't even funny.

The military, while badass, still hasn't recovered from what Clinton did to it. Before Clinton, 2.5 was the gold standard. To be able to able fight two full scale wars or one large world war-esque multi-front war without needing to pull troops from peacekeeping operations.

Now, we had to use the friggin National Guard to get enough troop capacity to beat up on two half-broken nations. That's where the surplus came from.

cobra_ky

Nov 20, 2008
captain awesome 12 said:
Sunni and Shia? Really? Wow, I wonder how anyone could ever get that confused. I mean it's so much less confusing than the number of states in your country. I get it confused all the time, there are like 13 states in America right? Whether it was a Freudian slip or not, it still remains that if it had been say, Sarah Palin that said there were 57 states the Media would've been all over it.
i guess confusing Sunni and Shia is understandable, considering it's symptomatic of the Western ignorance of Islamic culture that got us into these foreign policy debacles in the first place.

honestly the 57 states thing sounded like a joke to me. and even if it was a mistake i don't believe Obama actually believes it any more than Joe Biden believes "jobs" is a three-letter word.

the media coverage of Sarah Palin is a separate issue entirely. it was necessary that she face media scrutiny but that doesn't excuse a lot of the awful things said about her in the press.

captain awesome 12 said:
Yes, taught by communists. It's true. Frank Marshall, Obama's teacher in Hawaii, and also a close friend, mentor, and "father figure" as put forth in "Dreams From My Father" was a devout communist and member of the CPUSA. Obama's teacher in college, who in his autobiography he says is one of the people who had the biggest impact on his life was Saul Alinsky. He wrote Rules for Radicals, a book on how to undermine governmental systems from within. By first gaining the trust of those you wish to destroy, not arguing, but pandering. Once you are in a position of power you can start the breakdown. Alinsky also had a large impact on Hilary Clinton. Other radical associations include terrorist Bill Ayers, slum lord Tony Rezco, and Obama's pastor Jeremiah Wright. Well it's too late now I guess, these people already voted for him: http://www.howobamagotelected.com/ Please watch the video down the bottom. It aired on nation television.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Marshall_Davis

this guy?

Frank Marshall Davis was a political activist who was investigated by the HUAC for suspected ties to communist organizations. He was never a member of the CPUSA and spoke out against communism during the Great Depression. i don't know much about Saul Alinsky, but how dare he use democracy to try and enact social change! And if the two leading candidates from one of the two significant political parties in the United States were influenced by him, then maybe his ideas aren't so radical then? Those other associations are too trivial to even bother with.

and don't even get me started on John Ziegler. if i wrote misleading poll questions and selectively edited video i could mccain voters look stupid too.

Dhael

Nov 29, 2008
apsham said:
Calling the two "wars" standard military operations and not occupations is your downfall there.
To fail to realize that ANY major war will result in a occupation of acquired territories is your downfall there.

Occupations are standard military operations.

Dhael

Nov 29, 2008
cobra_ky said:
captain awesome 12 said:
i guess confusing Sunni and Shia is understandable, considering it's symptomatic of the Western ignorance of Islamic culture that got us into these foreign policy debacles in the first place.
The difference between Shia and Sunni is almost the same as the difference between Protestant and Catholic Christianity. One is for a central religious authority (Shia) and one is against(Sunni). People screw up the Christianities all the time and no one mocks them for their ignorance of Christian Culture.

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
I'm more or less convinced that Conservative Republican rule has been dragging us backwards every time they had control over the oval office and those poor deluded voters who keep confusing them for the Republicans of 40 years ago are screwing over the country. The conservative movement pretty much destroyed their party decades ago, and it's been a lesson hard learned.

Accusations that Obama is going to let the rest of his office run the country are baseless. All presidents let the rest of their office run the country. The President appoints people, runs the armed forces, and vetoes bills (and the Patriot Act probably extended their power to places it was never intended to go) but otherwise that's pretty much all they do: they don't have a choice but to let the rest of their office (especially counting the House and Senate) run the country.

Bush Jr. was a wonderful little puppet for his friends in the arms and oil business, starting fights we couldn't pay for, dragging his feet in all the right places to give the oil companies all the slack he could, providing upper-class tax cuts that pushed our national debt to new heights, but they left a smoking ruin. Thanks a lot, Republican supporters, once again it's up to the rest of us to clean up your mess.

Dhael

Nov 29, 2008
The only reason Iraq became such a shit cake is Bush was an idiot that didn't even think that -Al-Queda and other assorted religious extremists would decide to turn Iraq into a banner cause and do their level best to seriously fuck up the country. Remember, it took three months before the insurgence started. Before the, the US was actually popular in Iraq.

Afghanistan, on the other hand, I will agree is a whole different animal.

Pastey Old Greg

Jul 2, 2008
Dhael said:
The only reason Iraq became such a shit cake is Bush was an idiot that didn't even think that -Al-Queda and other assorted religious extremists would decide to turn Iraq into a banner cause and do their level best to seriously fuck up the country. Remember, it took three months before the insurgence started. Before the, the US was actually popular in Iraq.
Al Qaeda has nothing left really in Iraq. Remember the pro-war crowd championing that the Iraqis were fighting back at Al Qaeda a while ago? Well, those Iraqis (the militias at Civil War) caused the most death up until recently, when we payed a lot of them (during "the surge") to stop attacking us altogether.

Swenglish

Dec 21, 2007
mark_n_b said:
Wouldn't it be totally awesome if he sucked as president? Think how funny that would be.
Yeah, actually that would be humouristic. But at the same time very, very sad. I mean he'd basically dissapoint a whole world.

Frater Perdurabo

Sep 10, 2008
captain awesome 12 said:
Frater Perdurabo said:
captain awesome 12 said:

By strengthened our defenses I meant that despite numerous terrorist attacks on other countries after 911 the United States was not hit again. If you think it wasn't because terrorists didn't try you've got to be crazy, it's common sense they'd want to try and launch more strikes. I do believe that it's because of the Patriot Act that many attacks were stopped, whether small scale or large scale. Make all the accusations you want about "civil rights violations" but really, it worked. If you bothered to read my post you'd have noticed that I criticized Bush's massive spending, but a man that wants to come in and spend even more won't improve this.

In all honesty, is it the young people of this country that need to be understood, or the rest of the world and the country in which he will run? Personally, as a young person I am drawn to the war hero/patriot/servant of his country over the marijuana-smoking, community organizer that abstained from voting 44% of the time. McCain is in no way feebleminded, and in no way close to death, so I highly doubt that he'd die in the next four years.

I also take extreme offense to be called a Cool-Aid drinker. I think Cool-Aid is a delicious beverage that all people should enjoy. On a more serious note, the people who voted for a man who ran around yelling "Change! Change! Change!" drink far more Cool-Aid than me.
WHAT? You support the patriot Act? are you blind? they turned you from a free nation to an oligarchy overnight with this piece of toilet paper. Oh and if you still believe that 9/11 wasnt funded by CIA and that the planes wherent decoys to hide they remote demolitions of the two towers i have one think two say. WAKE UP. open your eyes. Search for your self. And another think. If you are so convinced that 9/11 attacks was the job of osama bin laden and his lot why is it that in the OFFICIAL site of F.B.I with the mst wanted men in the world under Osama profile it says nothing about the 9/11 attacks? By the way is better to yell CHANGE all the time than declare do go to war with Iran when you get elected. That s right i am talking about your buddy Mccain. Its not your fault. i Presume you live in the states thats why you have so few intelligence on the matter of who is doing what in your country. Dont be offended by my post's i am Greek and we used to speak the truth. Or lie damn well about it. unlike your current administration.
And on a humorous note i dont know what Cool-aid tastes like. Its just the phrase is spot-on to your previously written misguided beliefs.

Gamer101

Jan 11, 2009
Zeriercahl said:
Woah woah woah there captain awesome. The campaign is over. Obama won. The fight was well fought but you can get off your soap box and go home now.
So, Bush can be bashed for almost his entire term? But Obama, woah woah woah. No "soap box" and go home now. Obama should and will get the exact same scrutiny. He is an elected official just the same. And will be under the very same microscope (not by the media, of course).

Anyways, I have no doubts that Obama will be a great president.
Of course not. Anyone who uses Bob The Builder's "Can We Fix It? Yes We Can!" line as his mantra, has GREAT written all over him.

Certainly his term will probably never equal the theatrics of his campaign, but political theatrics is not what America needs right now
Apparently it is. That's how he got elected.

and watch a real leader get things done.
A real leader? Yes, because he's proven himself as such an immaculate leader in the past. Oh wait, he hasn't led anything.

Change Hope Hope Change Cha Cha Cha. What is change? He is all about change. His numbers change. His tune changes. And he's not even in office yet.

As is, no warranty. Used car salesman at its finest. And you want to talk about Kool-Aid? Really??? After the American Idol election?!?!?!?!?

For the sake of the country, I hope he can turn things, around. I really do. But I don't trust any of them. It's time all politicians, regardless of what their little (d) or (r) or whatever is by their name - are scrutinized and held accountable. To what they say, and what they were elected to do. I'm tired of the blame games, and the gridlock, finger pointing, and political posturing. FIX IT, or GET OUT.

captain awesome 12

Dec 28, 2008
Frater Perdurabo said:
captain awesome 12 said:
Frater Perdurabo said:
captain awesome 12 said:

WHAT? You support the patriot Act? are you blind? they turned you from a free nation to an oligarchy overnight with this piece of toilet paper. Oh and if you still believe that 9/11 wasnt funded by CIA and that the planes wherent decoys to hide they remote demolitions of the two towers i have one think two say. WAKE UP. open your eyes. Search for your self. And another think. If you are so convinced that 9/11 attacks was the job of osama bin laden and his lot why is it that in the OFFICIAL site of F.B.I with the mst wanted men in the world under Osama profile it says nothing about the 9/11 attacks? By the way is better to yell CHANGE all the time than declare do go to war with Iran when you get elected. That s right i am talking about your buddy Mccain. Its not your fault. i Presume you live in the states thats why you have so few intelligence on the matter of who is doing what in your country. Dont be offended by my post's i am Greek and we used to speak the truth. Or lie damn well about it. unlike your current administration.
And on a humorous note i dont know what Cool-aid tastes like. Its just the phrase is spot-on to your previously written misguided beliefs.
My father watched from across the Hudson river through binoculars as those planes hit the towers. He was there, he saw them. I was recently listening to a man who was inside the fucking tower when the plane hit the floor below him; he looked out the window and saw it flying right at him. His escape was a miracle that would take too long to explain in detail. Don't you dare try and force conspiracy theories down my throat when I know people that died that day. Don't you dare try and insult my intelligence and tell me that the phone calls from people on those flights to their loved ones were fake. Stop with your idiotic conspiracy theories, they don't work, I don't believe them, you aren't doing yourself any good believing them. McCain never stated that he was going to go to war with Iran, where's your source by the way? Why don't you open up your own eyes and stop trying to make excuses for people who's very beliefs center on killing you. Stop trying to act intelligent by inventing these theories, you aren't cool because you think it was an elaborate plot to go to war for some unknown reason because George Bush must be bad. Or whatever it is you believe.
As for the Patriot Act, I have no problem with my telephone calls being tapped if I know it will keep me safe. I have no problem with proving my citizenship or having to wait in line at a security checkpoint if it means the freedoms I enjoy will be preserved. Since you're a foreigner, why do you care about what happens in this country? Why do you care what laws or acts are passed? Why do you care if we go to war with a genocidal, maniacal dictator? I find it funny that you're Greek, since you're country has so much history based on going to war in protection of the homeland. I also find it incredibly hard to believe that despite the threats, statements, acts of violence, killings, suicide bombings, and murders that radical Muslim extremists have committed you still jump in line to defend them and condemn the United States for having the balls to stand up for itself. Please, going by your logic if Osama Bin Laden was innocent why would he be one of the most wanted men in the first place? That's right, you don't live in the States, so you wouldn't have been here when every paper held the "Wanted for the mass murder of U.S. citizens" headlines. Believe what you want, that's your right, and the right of every person, except for those who until most recently were freed from being under the heel of a mass murderer. They were freed by the efforts of American and British soldiers, one of which was my brother, the only people who seem to give a shit about this world any more.
Finally, what deciding force in Hell makes my beliefs misguided? You haven't established anything to prove the contrary, all you've done is spout off conspiracy theories with absolutely no grounding in fact. Even more, you're from another country, and thus can only get information from the ultra-opinionated internet or your own biased new services. You sir, are part of the conspiracy theory Cool Aid drinkers club. Now I'm not offended by the blatant idiocy here, but come one, you do not have the authority or knowledge to call me misinformed, misguided, or an unintelligent just because I'm American. I could say the same thing about you.