Obama's Eligibility

Riley_Tahn

Aug 27, 2008
cuddly_tomato said:
hypothetical fact said:
Najos said:
To be fair, he released a birth certificate forever ago, but it was a scan of a copy or something. What they're asking for is the original to be released, thus removing any doubt. Apparently a lot of people were saying it was photochopped or whatever. I dunno, it all seems like crazy talk the more I read.

Then again, nothing wrong with being sure, right? Guess the Supreme Court will decide.
They will still claim it to be a fake anyway, hooray for conspiracy theories.
Agreed.

This appears to now be part of the USA election cycle. I am a UKer, and thus get an outside look, but am I wrong in thinking that each time an election is fought in the USA now some people try to take legal action in an attempt to prevent the winner from taking office? Has Americas tendancy to litigate over each and every thing now spread so deep that it has even taking root in the most fundamental aspects of United States culture and society?

Am I going to get sued for this post?
Probably not sued, persay. Crucified, maybe. But sued, probably not.

We Americans tend to go into denial mode if something big isn't going our way, until it's completely kosher. And even after that, we're still whiny little bastards haha

Honestly, I think the entire dilemma was birthed by racism and/or ignorance. Or both. They seem to go hand in hand, yes?

Limos

Jun 15, 2008
For the love all things mechanical people!

He has already provided his birth certificate. The rumors otherwise are just imbecilic fearmongering of the ignorant bigoted far far far right that is still bitter that McCain lost.

Link to More proof [http://www.sodahead.com/question/101131/here-is-barack-obamas-birth-certificate-now-do-you-believe-he-is-a-natural-born-citizen/]

Riley_Tahn

Aug 27, 2008
crimsondynamics said:
Anomynous 167 said:
crimsondynamics said:
To clarify: I do believe Obama was elected in full accordance to the law, but let's face it: he is the first black president of the USA - I can also understand why he would be a bit paranoid about this whole situation.

I disagree, William G Hardings was the 1st african american president. I am from Australia and even i know that.
What?
I believe there was sarcasm implied... at least I hope so. William G. Hardings was an army general back in the early 1800s. =/

crimsondynamics

Nov 6, 2008
Riley_Tahn said:
crimsondynamics said:
Anomynous 167 said:
crimsondynamics said:
To clarify: I do believe Obama was elected in full accordance to the law, but let's face it: he is the first black president of the USA - I can also understand why he would be a bit paranoid about this whole situation.
I disagree, William G Hardings was the 1st african american president. I am from Australia and even i know that.
What?
I believe there was sarcasm implied... at least I hope so. William G. Hardings was an army general back in the early 1800s. =/
...hence my "what"!

crimsondynamics

Nov 6, 2008
The Supreme Court has decided not to review Obama's eligibility:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081209/ap_on_go_su_co/scotus_obama

The Hawaii Department of Health has also confirmed that Obama was born in Hawaii:

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/born_in_the_usa.html

That's good enough for me.

(Had to double-post; an edited post wouldn't have registered as new.)

Fronken

May 10, 2008
"The Open Letter to Mr. Obama summarizes the evidence against Mr. Obama and the adverse consequences that would befall the Nation should he assume the Office of the President as a usurper."

What adverse consequences?, i honestly dont understand what is wrong with Obama taking over after Bush, even if he was born in Thailand where he spent his youth, does that change his politics?, no, does that make him more probable to run a corrupt government?, no.

This lawsuit truely shows how americans value a piece of paper more than human rights, does he have the right to be president?, yeah, his politics is great and he's a great man, but they want to stop america from getting a great president just because an old piece of paper says otherwise...