Obesity Discrimination

Dascylus

May 22, 2010
TheLizardKing said:
I'm not fat i'm just big boned

OT: I'm horribly overweight and i hate it, but it's my own fault because i have no self discipline. I don't eat Mcdonalds or KFC every day but i do eat alot of Chips and drink alot of Soda and rarely exercise.

I don't expect people to give me sympathy, In fact a little tough love may just be what i need.

Thanks guys this thread has been very inspirational.
And I can understand that, it's hard to pull yourself out of certain patterns.
The ones who are doomed to failure are the ones who will walk into a room and proclaim to all that they will change and drop x amount of kilos in x amount of months, they'll vow to do all the major stuff that eventually stops being fun and we all go back to old habits.

What works for me is finding the pleasure in making a little extra effort in something that's pretty everyday.
Instead of taking the short bus journey you can leave earlier and walk. By doing this I realised that my morning routines became better, I ate a better breakfast and generally felt more positive to my day (barring pissy weather and ice).
Or try your own variations on snacks, if you buy potatoes and cut them into wedges and stick them under the grill (ok boil them a little first). No extra fats or oils, just potato. Spice them how you like and that extra 10 minutes of prep in the kitchen is worth it in a daily routine.

This won't help you lose weight much but you'll feel better and it might lead you to consider other healthy choices.
And KFC and McDonalds don't cause weight gain, bad dietry habits do.

Thick vegetable soup... Filling as hell and full of goodness.

If you don't like who you are there is only one person to blame and only one who can change it. And when you start changing the small things you will see the support from your friends too.
9 times out of 10 you can expect to walk alone but maybe you have a friend who takes the same route. I'm sure 10 minutes of walking is a great way to catch up on stuff.