Obligatory

snekadid

Lord of the Salt
Mar 29, 2012
The number of puns in this thread is inexcusable..... We have to nuke this thread from orbit just to be safe.

OT: We all know this comic was just a excuse for cory to draw erin without pants again.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
madwarper said:
Evil Smurf said:
I don't understand the joke.
How old are you?
*checks birthdate*
Ok, you were born in the 92, this is before your time.

It's a reference to Say Anything... [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Say_Anything...], and this scene in particular.
meh....still not all that funny.

RedmistSM

Jan 30, 2010
Hahah, I liked it a lot. Didn't get the reference, but thought it was obvious what the mantis was doing.

This is one of the prettiest strips, also. Good job!

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
WaitWHAT said:
Considering the Mantis' habit of eating its mate and young, I'd give it a miss.
Only females do that. Males are too small to overpower them.

Nooners

Sep 27, 2009
The joke was fine, I guess, I just wanted to say that the artwork is absolutely friggin' AMAZING here. I need to go wipe all the drool of my monitor after seeing that. Seriously, it's gorgeous.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Seems the cast has grown once again by one member... I demand more Mantis in future comics!

gigastar said:
Only females do that. Males are too small to overpower them.
So, the mantis should be worried?

Renegade-pizza

Jul 26, 2010
I did NOT see this coming and got a good laugh.

Erin, you take him back and lay your eggs in a host body so that he may inseminate them immediately!

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
*Holds up boom box*

Shock the mantis,
Shock the mantis,
Shock the mantis to life!

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Nawww....

BTW, when I starting putting "Erin Stout" into google, the first suggested search is "Erin Stout Rule34".

Yeah...

Mojo

Jun 2, 2011
WaitWHAT said:
Mojo said:
WaitWHAT said:
Considering the Mantis' habit of eating its mate and young, I'd give it a miss.
Maybe even a critical miss? [small]... I'm sorry...[/small]
Even by regular Escapist pun standards, that was poor...

I'll be going now...

thaluikhain said:
BTW, when I starting putting "Erin Stout" into google, the first suggested search is "Erin Stout Rule34".
What? You cant be ... OH GOD! I guess the internet really does honor its rules.

NathLines

May 23, 2010
Now I'm expecting Blorkesh cameos in your future comics. Do not disappoint me.

EDIT: Also, how the hell did he fit in the car? If that is his car and he didn't walk all the way.

Quantum Glass

Mar 19, 2013
...Y'know, something just occurred to me.

Erin suffers from schizophrenia. She experiences hallucinations, and has a handful of other symptoms too. Usually, her hallucinations take the form of game characters, who-for the most part-stay, "In character." Kratos recognizes that he's Kratos, Link doesn't speak...they act like the characters she's imagining, by virtue of being her own hallucinations.

This Activision guy is acting like a normal hu--like a normal Activision employee, and Erin is treating him like he's a human. She went on a date with him, and her friends knew about him.

You can probably see what I'm getting at now. What if this guy is human?

JJShaw

Dec 19, 2011
making a gag strip about Activision, and it's... let's just say not exactly lovable ventures is business as usual.

following it up with this (I literally have no words to summarize the current strip) pretty much instantly makes you some kind of absurdist gods.

well done, good sirs. well done.

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
What if that crazy mantis monster is actually a man? And we - all of us - are all suckered in by some kind of reverse They Live! scenario where we see Activision representatives, not as humans, but as mantis, unless we put on the special glasses that let us see their true forms?

It would explain why every time I see Bobby Kotick he's preening his mandibles.