Obligatory

ScrabbitRabbit

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2012
SweetShark said:
Yeah, I don't think that Diablo 3 is a terrible game, I just don't see the advantage that always-online gives to the player. Also, while it is very easy not buy DLC (I've bought only one DLC ever), I just think that charging £15 for four maps and gun is a bit cheeky. There are FAR worse things a company could do than charge a bit more than I, personally, am willing to pay though. It would be irrational of them to lower the price, because others are clearly willing to pay it.

delroland

Sep 10, 2008
TheDrunkNinja said:
I demand Blorkesh be a recurring character.

Well, at least as much as Charles is.
Blorkesh, the hopelessly romantic giant praying mantis, who occasionally and randomly shows up to reenact a romantic scene from some pop culture reference. I approve.

Basement Cat

Keeping the Peace is Relaxing
Jul 26, 2012
Shameless romantic that I am my sympathies are with the Mantis.

On the other hand let's hope the Mantis doesn't meet and fall for Penny! O.O

DarkSeraphim02

Feb 28, 2011
Copper Zen said:
Shameless romantic that I am my sympathies are with the Mantis.

On the other hand let's hope the Mantis doesn't meet and fall for Penny! O.O
Oh God! That sounds like a recipe for some nightmare fuel. Not sure if that'd be nightmare fuel for the Mantis, Penny, the reader or all of them though.

By the way, is anyone else kinda curious as to what game Erin was playing?

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
SweetShark said:
Ok, I understand the joke, but seriously Activision isn't SO bad company.
In comparison with other companies, Activision is ok.
You obviously weren't around here during 2009-2011. Stick around long enough and there's always a publisher who takes the crown for "douche of the year". It just happens that EA made a very good case for itself lately.

Aethren

Jun 6, 2009
I think Erin's been playing some FTL lately, and now she's hallucinating a Mantis...

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
D'aaaawwww, even an evil corporate mantis from hell-space (better known as Activision... or EA) can feel too.

Captcha: lazy sunday. Well, nope, it's not sunday, but it definitely feels like one lazy day.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
snekadid said:
The number of puns in this thread is inexcusable..... We have to nuke this thread from orbit just to be safe.

OT: We all know this comic was just a excuse for cory to draw erin without pants again.
Both are always worthwhile goals. I feel sorry for the mantis here. A female mantis would only eat his head, but Erin would do something worse. What song is that playing on the boombox?

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
NearLifeExperience said:
I think I missed out on something, because I really don't get the joke.
From this thread I've seen the clip from the movie it is referencing, but I still don't get it as well.

Mainly, because if was just that, it isn't funny or saying anything.

Plus, I must have really missed something as well, because people keep mentioning Activision, and Activision wasn't mentioned once in the comic or under it where there is usually a comment of explanation. Seriously and totally lost on this one, right over my head.

Edit: Okay I get it now, I thought I was up to speed on Critical Miss, but apparently I missed the last one.

NearLifeExperience

Oct 21, 2012
Sonic Doctor said:
NearLifeExperience said:
I think I missed out on something, because I really don't get the joke.
From this thread I've seen the clip from the movie it is referencing, but I still don't get it as well.

Mainly, because if was just that, it isn't funny or saying anything.

Plus, I must have really missed something as well, because people keep mentioning Activision, and Activision wasn't mentioned once in the comic or under it where there is usually a comment of explanation. Seriously and totally lost on this one, right over my head.
Annoying, isn't it?

Still trying to piece together how a giant praying mantis, Say Anything, and Activision are related.. Maybe their games are buggy? That would've been a stupid joke and I still don't see how Say Anything fits in. Pffff

Sonic Doctor said:
Edit: Okay I get it now, I thought I was up to speed on Critical Miss, but apparently I missed the last one.
I get it now as well and all I have to say is AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH

Samus Aaron

Apr 3, 2010
So THESE are are the mantis men Cave Johnson was talking about. Who knew they worked for Activision...

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
Random Argument Man said:
SweetShark said:
You obviously weren't around here during 2009-2011. Stick around long enough and there's always a publisher who takes the crown for "douche of the year". It just happens that EA made a very good case for itself lately.
Examples please you can show to me, because I am a lazy bastard?

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
SweetShark said:
Random Argument Man said:
SweetShark said:
Examples please you can show to me, because I am a lazy bastard?
Well, pretty much anything relating to Bobby Kotick. If you need a specific example...http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/106177-Activision-Hate-Not-Based-in-Reality-Says-Activision

Clankenbeard

Clerical Error
Mar 29, 2009
Caramel Frappe said:
Not sure if it's just me, but the artstyle just went up- like the quality is really splendid (or maybe the shadowing and texture of Erin is what made it appear to look really good to me, movie quality stuff). Ether way, I liked this comic. Even giant mantises are ... . um, people too... .. I think?
THIS. The coloring on Erin in the shadows with highlighted upper outline from window lighting is freakin' awesome! You've come so far from "bro-splosion".

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
putowtin said:
Evil Smurf said:
I don't understand the joke.
See: classic coming of age 80's movie "Say Anything"

OT hahahahahahahahahaha hahahahaha

(seriously stop making me laugh I've got cracked ribs!)
I guess this is when I say "Ohhhh.. so this is where it came from". I've seen this reenactment of this scene way to much.

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
So... subtlety placed mantis head on a plate in the background of a panel in the next strip, with no further mention?

Anyone?

Anyone?