Obsidian Teases a New RPG

Truglington

Nov 28, 2007
On February 12, 2010 it was announced that Obsidian Entertainment, developers of Neverwinter Nights 2, would be working with Red Eagle Games on the new Wheel of Time video game under the EA Partners-Program.[34] This game will be released on the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC. There is no information at this time as to whether or not it will be one or a series of games.[35]

Given development time, there is a good chance it is The Wheel of Time, as others have said.

ultrachicken

Dec 22, 2009
Yeah, I'm not even going to try to decipher that stuff. It's likely complete gibberish without information featured only in the game itself, so why bother?

Anyways, definitely keeping my eye on this.

remmus

Aug 31, 2009
SajuukKhar said:
-New Veags was Fallout 3.5, not to mention it paled in comparison to Fallout 1 and 2.
each to there own, I played and enjoyed Fallout 2, but it had it´s faults IMO, a overarching cliché, fantasyish save the world plot, a solid build but over all boring combat system that robs gunbattles of there adrenaline and thrill. And have a few example of skills and even stats that´s half or fully useless.

GiantRaven

Dec 5, 2010
Moonlight Butterfly said:
Some people saying it's Arcanum 2...if it was that would be hilarious because guess what I tweeted J.E Sawyer earlier this year xD 'Wouldn't it be great if someone made a sequel to Arcanum' :p So I will be in hysterics if it is. The mysterious talk of leaden keys and craters could be to do with the fate of the dwarves.
Oh, thanks for that. Now I'm just going to be disappointed when this doesn't turn out to be true.

=P

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
GiantRaven said:
Moonlight Butterfly said:
Some people saying it's Arcanum 2...if it was that would be hilarious because guess what I tweeted J.E Sawyer earlier this year xD 'Wouldn't it be great if someone made a sequel to Arcanum' :p So I will be in hysterics if it is. The mysterious talk of leaden keys and craters could be to do with the fate of the dwarves.
Oh, thanks for that. Now I'm just going to be disappointed when this doesn't turn out to be true.

=P
yeah haha

It's looking more Wheel of Timish now though, although it's strange wheel of time fans don't recognise anything in it.

HMMZ :3

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
DeathQuaker said:
You realize many of the key creative team from Black Isle, who made Fallout 1 and 2, are also on the key creative team for Obsidian, right? Obsidian is what Black Isle became after Interplay tanked. So if even if you didn't like New Vegas, if you liked Fallout 1 and 2, then you enjoyed an Obsidian/Black Isle game. Just FYI.
I know that Obsidian is made up of former Black Isle people, and it makes the situation all the more sad. Sometime between the fall of Black Isle, and when they went to Obsidian, they apparently lost their ability to make a working, complete game.

Obsidian is like an actor who was in like several great movies, then when he got old he didn't stop being in movies, but then doesn't seem to notice that he is old and the movies he are in arent the same types of movies he was in 20 years ago, and each one gets progressively worse. I feel like they are trying to relive their glory days, but at the same time they forget what made their good days good.

Black Isle Studios games are some of my favorite ever, one the other hand, there isn't a single Obsidian game I don't regret buying, and if they didn't survive by making sequels to other people's franchises, I probably wouldn't buy any of their games.

It was only my love for NWN1, KOTOR 1, Fallout 1 and 2, and DS1 and 2, that got me through Obsidian's broken sequels.