Official Thor Trailer Strikes With the Might of Mjolnir

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
Tom Goldman said:
Unbeknownst to everyone, Thor is actually played by The Escapist's very own Logan Westbrook.

Well, maybe not, but the resemblance between he and the movie's Chris Hemsworth really is uncanny.
Any chance of some up to date pics, I wanna see this imposter for myself...

JokerboyJordan

Sep 6, 2009
Woodsey said:
JokerboyJordan said:
Still don't know how they are going to tie this in...
I'm pretty sure the agent asking him where he trained appeared in Iron Man, working with whoever the fuck Samuel L Jackson works with.
Oh I know that, I just think that the myth & magic doesn't tie in to the rest of the universe.

snow

Jan 14, 2010
"THOR IS HERE!"

Had to do it... Just had too...

This trailer made me realize that I have no idea who the Thor super hero is. x.X But it looks pretty decent none the less.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Hey, the guy from The New Adventures of Old Christine is in this. the guy that Plays Richard.

Anyway, yeag. This looks cool, and I'm hoping for a 2D version.

harv3034

Sep 23, 2010
Sixcess said:
Seeing as he's not using it anymore can I borrow Yahtzee's Like God of War But.. stamp?
Don't see why not since he's retired it.

OT: HO-LY SHIT!!!!!
This looks F***ING AWSOME!!

I admit I know little about Thor (in comics, I LOVE Norse myth) but this will definatly get me interested.
"Oh no, this is Earth isn't it?" is going on my list of favorite lines as of now.

By the way to all Thor (comic) fans... Was the Asian looking dude with the staff Loke?
Cause if so... He was SCREAMING "I will turn evil and will try to destroy the world" or something. (Just a thought)

P.S. was I the only one who thought, "Mjolnir" was it, looked a little small for the Thunder God's "Big-Ass Magic Hammer"?

LavaLampBamboo

King of Okay
Jun 27, 2008
Souplex said:
According to wikipedia in the original Norse myths Mjolnir could level mountains.
I hope they go the Ultimate Marvel route and essentially turn Thor into lightning Jesus cause I found that hilarious.
More like Lightening Hippy Jesus. Who worked for charity money.

ComicsAreWeird

Oct 14, 2010
Hah! I ninja´d this thread hours ago, muahahahaha!

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.250182-New-Thor-trailer-hath-arrived#9255986

I stand by what i said, i think this is gonna rock!

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
Don't know what to think of this. It looks like it could be a good movie, but it also looks like it may not really entertain me. Have to see when it comes out.

ComicsAreWeird

Oct 14, 2010
JokerboyJordan said:
Oh I know that, I just think that the myth & magic doesn't tie in to the rest of the universe.
I think that the way that they will tie magic with science is somewhat explained with the whole "science and magic are all one and the same where i come from" logic Thor states in the trailer.

Remember...a lot of todays scientifical achievements would seem like magic to us (mankind) a few centuries ago. Perhaps thats the way they´ll approach it in the movie?

Nateman742

Jul 21, 2009
Wow. That is everything I hate about trailers, compacted into two and half minutes. Really paints the movie in a bad light for me, which is hopefully opposite of the effect they intended.

How long have we been seeing this format? Ten years? I can't take it seriously any more.

Thunderhorse31

Apr 22, 2009
Tom Goldman said:
I've got to say the movie looks a lot cooler than I expected, and doesn't appear to be just another superhero flick.
My thoughts exactly; at first I wasn't sure how they were going to pull off a decent Thor movie, but the trailer (and its explanation) seem to work pretty well so far. I am now cautiously optimistic.

gellert1984

Apr 16, 2009
My thought process regarding this trailer:-

*thor trailer* DUDE! AWESOME!

*MAY 6* damn it

*IN 3D* FUCK!

PoliceBox63

Apr 7, 2010
I jizzed my pants when I saw on around Comic-Con time, and iI jizzed my pants again just now. I hope the movie is as good as the trailer. Don't want the "Wolverine: Origins" effect :mad: