Oh hey, MovieBob got fired (Or let go)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Looks like they're both open again, but I can't help but notice that both his professional and non-professional accounts are pretty much talking politics which is kind of interesting. Like. Why bother having two then. I can understand wanting to talk about politics and making a space for yourself to do so, but whats the point of dual accounts if they both do the same kind of thing.
Why to reserve politics to the non-professional accounts? Politics affect the professional side of life as much as the non-professional one.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Why to reserve politics to the non-professional accounts? Politics affect the professional side of life as much as the non-professional one.
But why make two? Normally you make two accounts so you can show yourself being professional on the job without stifling yourself to talk about what's important to you, but if Bob is shooting his mouth off on two accounts it kinda defeats the purpose (and just reaffirms what we already know, Bob doesn't have an off switch).

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I just wondered if you became psychic. I've seen What Women Want. There are uses for such a gift. Too bad it's still only Mel.
Look, you and I really don't get into arguments (in fact we usually get along pretty well), so I'm just going to cut the bull and say I don't care. And if you're doing this just to troll me, please stop, because I really don't care. You don't need to be psychic or genius, to realize she wants nothing to do with him. I'm not talking about knowing every single one or need, nor for all women. Lindsey can defend and fight for herself. That's not my main issue. My main issues is the douchebag who can't bother to fully admit when he's wrong even when he's apologizing. All I'm doing is calling someone out for their hypocritical bull crap. End of discussion.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
But why make two? Normally you make two accounts so you can show yourself being professional on the job without stifling yourself to talk about what's important to you, but if Bob is shooting his mouth off on two accounts it kinda defeats the purpose (and just reaffirms what we already know, Bob doesn't have an off switch).
That is correct.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
And this is assuming he doesn't have sock or ghost accounts, like that MundaneMatt guy who was copyright striking his own videos to generate attention and chaff for videos.

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
And this is assuming he doesn't have sock or ghost accounts, like that MundaneMatt guy who was copyright striking his own videos to generate attention and chaff for videos.
And then that caused his alt right career to go up in smoke. Ha!

Reactions: BrawlMan

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
And then that caused his alt right career to go up in smoke. Ha!
Yeah that dude always seemed sketchy to me. Maybe its that fake laugh he used to do in every video that was not only horrible and fake, but the precursor to him hurting a puppy such was the crazy look of him.
I don't know what it is with all these male white Youtubers and being creeps. And I say that as a male white dude and even they make me uncomfortable. MovieBob, Quartering, Razorfist, MundaneMatt, that Geeks and Gamers guy, I'm sure there's a hundred more. All of the same stripe of creep.

Eacaraxe

Elite Member
Legacy
May 28, 2020
Country
United States
I don't know what it is with all these male white Youtubers and being creeps.
The phenomenon isn't exclusive to white guys. It's just that it takes a certain kind of personality to be a YT outrage peddler/crowdfunding grifter, and you're more aware of the personality tics indicative of this sort with white guys, particularly those of...let's just say, certain political dispositions.

I mean, Destiny, Vaush, and Hbomberguy pull this exact same shtick right down to the letter, but it's interesting you mentioned those you did but not any of those three. Why might that be?

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
I mean, Destiny, Vaush, and Hbomberguy pull this exact same shtick right down to the letter, but it's interesting you mentioned those you did but not any of those three. Why might that be?
Honestly? Because I don't know who any of those 3 are...
But if they're similar in that they're white dude creeps, then yeah, what's with Destiny, Vaush and Hbomberguy?

Last edited:

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Breadtubers, i.e. the left-equivalent of the guys you just mentioned.
Then sure, them too? I wasn't really going for a political left/right thing, just creepy white dude youtuber thing. And I did mention MovieBob, and I'm pretty sure he's left. and the Quartering claims to be

Eacaraxe

Elite Member
Legacy
May 28, 2020
Country
United States
Then sure, them too? I wasn't really going for a political left/right thing, just creepy white dude youtuber thing. And I did mention MovieBob, and I'm pretty sure he's left. and the Quartering claims to be
Hambly's a "libertarian", so he calls himself "left" only by way of comparison to the giant tire fire that is contemporary establishment Republicanism. He's not left by any serious metric. Chipman's, frankly, a bonehead with no real consistent ideology other than "repeat what people I've been told are good guys say", and if I had an iota of belief he genuinely comprehended a word of what he said, I'd drop him smack dab center in the "neoliberal shithead" part of the spectrum which only flirts with the idea of being performatively left, insofar as they can coopt it to push conservative policy.

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

EvilRoy

The face I make when I see unguarded pie.
Legacy
Jan 9, 2011
Well, employers view that differently for one, but primarily the issue is what Crimson brought up. Why bother having two accounts if you're gonna talk about the same stuff on both?

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
Hambly's a "libertarian", so he calls himself "left" only by way of comparison to the giant tire fire that is contemporary establishment Republicanism. He's not left by any serious metric. Chipman's, frankly, a bonehead with no real consistent ideology other than "repeat what people I've been told are good guys say", and if I had an iota of belief he genuinely comprehended a word of what he said, I'd drop him smack dab center in the "neoliberal shithead" part of the spectrum which only flirts with the idea of being performatively left, insofar as they can coopt it to push conservative policy.
I'd say Bob's ideology can best be summed up as ''intellectual aristocracy'' with Bob clearly expected himself to be part of the aristocrats in such a world.

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
Look, you and I really don't get into arguments (in fact we usually get along pretty well), so I'm just going to cut the bull and say I don't care. And if you're doing this just to troll me, please stop, because I really don't care. You don't need to be psychic or genius, to realize she wants nothing to do with him. I'm not talking about knowing every single one or need, nor for all women. Lindsey can defend and fight for herself. That's not my main issue. My main issues is the douchebag who can't bother to fully admit when he's wrong even when he's apologizing. All I'm doing is calling someone out for their hypocritical bull crap. End of discussion.
No problemo. But just to make it clear I replied to you for two reasons: 1) your comment was unusual, like you were having an imaginary conversation 2) Bob calling Ellis his colleague isn't incorrect.

Breadtubers, i.e. the left-equivalent of the guys you just mentioned.
Bridge-burning Steven a breadtuber? Looks like he doesn't brand himself very well if he gets lumped in with those.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
No problemo. But just to make it clear I replied to you for two reasons: 1) your comment was unusual, like you were having an imaginary conversation 2) Bob calling Ellis his colleague isn't incorrect.
He'd probably have been better off calling her a peer. Like I'm not gonna burn him at the stake, but when you refer to someone as a colleague it kind of implies you work together or at least for the same organisation

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
He'd probably have been better off calling her a peer. Like I'm not gonna burn him at the stake, but when you refer to someone as a colleague it kind of implies you work together or at least for the same organisation
Thank you. And even peer sound too generous. At least that implies some sort of respect.

Bridge-burning Steven a breadtuber? Looks like he doesn't brand himself very well if he gets lumped in with those.
Okay, Glad We understand each other. Plus, it's called ranting. We've all done it. Nothing more, nothing less.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Well, employers view that differently for one, but primarily the issue is what Crimson brought up. Why bother having two accounts if you're gonna talk about the same stuff on both?
Does he actually talk about the same stuff in both accounts? There are other topics in a personal life besides politics that someone might consider separating from the professional one.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
It also implies the feeling is mutual, which clearly isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.