Not open for further replies.

Shadyside

Bad Hombre
Legacy
Aug 20, 2020
On top of your sister
Country
Republic of Texas
Wow, you guys don't really like him. He is the only content creator that kept me coming back to this site for awhile now. He's a decent pop culture critic and I like his game over and big picture series. I know he has a bad reputation on twitter, but that's basically the majority of twitter users in a nutshell.

Reactions: CaitSeith

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Wow, you guys don't really like him. He is the only content creator that kept me coming back to this site for awhile now. He's a decent pop culture critic and I like his game over and big picture series. I know he has a bad reputation on twitter, but that's basically the majority of twitter users in a nutshell.
For me and several, it's more than Twitter. Even back in the later 00s, he had problems and nasty attitudes way before Twitter took off. They were just barely tolerable back then. Emphasis on barely.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

faeyr

Escapist +
Apr 10, 2020
Ottawa
Country
Canada
This seems like something that should be announced somewhere on the actual site, no? Maybe I just missed it, but it seems like something you'd want to tell your paying subscribers about just in case they care...

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Yeah, I don't know, I never followed his twitter but his vids were pretty good. Not sure why these people are being dinks about it.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Yeah, I don't know, I never followed his twitter but his vids were pretty good. Not sure why these people are being dinks about it.
I mean, Kyle Gaddo could've been making some great content outside of the time he was our community manager on Escapist 1.0 if his Twitter profile is to be believed. But him acting like a cock on the forums certainly doesn't make me feel inclined to enjoy any of it or consider him any better than the way he composed himself around us. I imagine several people here feel the same way about Bob and how he acted in his videos and on Twitter

Reactions: BrawlMan

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I mean, Kyle Gaddo could've been making some great content outside of the time he was our community manager on Escapist 1.0 if his Twitter profile is to be believed. But him acting like a cock on the forums certainly doesn't make me feel inclined to enjoy any of it or consider him any better than the way he composed himself around us. I imagine several people here feel the same way about Bob and how he acted in his videos and on Twitter
How did he act in his videos?

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Eh, I can still watch his stuff on YouTube. So, what fresh and dynamic young go-getter has the Escapist lined up to do their movie reviews going forward?

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
Eh, I can still watch his stuff on YouTube. So, what fresh and dynamic young go-getter has the Escapist lined up to do their movie reviews going forward?
Well, we already got Jack Packard so maybe the rest of RLM?

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Well, we already got Jack Packard so maybe the rest of RLM?
I don’t find Jack Packard that engaging personally, and the less said of my opinion about Red Letter Media the better BUT they are well known and widely enjoyed. So that would be quite a coup if they managed it.

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
Oh gods, I remember when he treated his return as pwning his harassers/detractors. While I can understand his feelings spite is not a healthy emotion to carry/reason to conduct one's business. And it doesn't make the spiteful look mature.

Anyway: post return I think the videos of his I enjoyed the most was the one on a clip from Avengers endgame which went on a tangent on the history of Greek theatre and the ones of the history of propaganda. Apart from that I think having him do two Big Picture episodes a week was stretching him thin.

EDIT: Why do we always blame video games? was also good.

Last edited:

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Pop culture critic wise Bob had is moments of being good I'd rate him better than a lot of people who claim to be "Pop Culture critics" though I do think sometimes he kind of could or should have gone in deeper one some stuff.
Twitter Bob was like the Mr Hyde to content creator Bob from what I saw. It was like the Bob who said "I'd have sided with Magento" was just let loose on there to run wild.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
No. Take things like his videos on Joker where he completely made his opinion on it for political reasons and kept doubling down on his position because of his pride.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I gotta ask, why did you go anywhere near his Twitter?

No. Take things like his videos on Joker where he completely made his opinion on it for political reasons and kept doubling down on his position because of his pride.
Every man and his dog had a political hot take of Joker. Thank god for Corona

Status
Not open for further replies.