Okay...because I'd like the subject to be discussed somewhat respectfully...

EternallyBored

Terminally Apathetic
Jun 17, 2013
Silentpony said:
Too Many Secrets said:
Actually I didn't know that. I thought Kross just messed with the page setup for a little bit. Was it like an optional boost, or did everyone just get a Premium membership? 'cause I've been here a few years and didn't get anything free.

Still not convinced its worth a PM just to get access to a thread full of crafted mean comments and self-righteous grand standing.
It was just getting premium membership for anyone with an old enough account and under a certain amount of warnings. I just remember signing in one day and noticing that I suddenly had access to the pub club forums.

As for the Wild West forum, it might devolve, but there's so few people around that its mostly just memes, shitposting, and pictures of ponies at this point.

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
Silentpony said:
Too Many Secrets said:
Actually I didn't know that. I thought Kross just messed with the page setup for a little bit. Was it like an optional boost, or did everyone just get a Premium membership? 'cause I've been here a few years and didn't get anything free.

Still not convinced its worth a PM just to get access to a thread full of crafted mean comments and self-righteous grand standing.
Everyone should have gotten it automatically. Weird.

Anyway, you're in luck. The Wild Wild West forum is being taken seriously by about 3 people. Everyone else is spamming dank memes and rude, aimless words. It's actually kind of amusing - Like watching a septic tank pop from far enough away not to smell it. So a) you're not missing much and b) even if you were, it's of no significance.

Well... maybe you're missing out on the Trap Thread.

Pirate Of PC Master race

Rambles about half of the time
Jun 14, 2013
AccursedTheory said:
Anyway, you're in luck. The Wild Wild West forum is being taken seriously by about 3 people. Everyone else is spamming dank memes and rude, aimless words. It's actually kind of amusing - Like watching a septic tank pop from far enough away not to smell it. So a) you're not missing much and b) even if you were, it's of no significance.
Yep. totally not a forum that is like secret cult hall where we gather and talk about important things.
This screenshot also just cut out that thread with tits and asses.

Back to original topic. It is strange to see that this forum promotes shitposting while entry is only restricted to those who show competence in self-control in the forums.

KyuubiNoKitsune-Hime

Lolita Style, The Best Style!
Jan 12, 2010
EternallyBored said:
As for the Wild West forum, it might devolve, but there's so few people around that its mostly just memes, shitposting, and pictures of ponies at this point.
So basically just the same as off-topic?(Ba-dum-tish!)

Seriously though: Suspending virtually all of the code of conduct in the way it currently is, that's kind of asking for trouble. They should at least add in some extra basic rules, like: No doxxing, no personal threats of a serious nature(like death and rape threats), no bullying, or harassment. I can understand having a forum just for shitposting, venting, and discussing things that are otherwise against site policy, like certain browser extensions that will remain nameless.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Signa said:
Ahh Cheezeburger. God I love that site. But to be fair, that site is literally memes. The Escapist isn't just memes yet. We have the occasional not-meme conversation.

AccursedTheory said:
That's um...that's some shitposts. Wow. Kinda' want in on that Pony thread, and I've love to know what you consider steamy.
But jeez. That's some tots dank memes, like for reelz.

P.S. Jeez, I got really popular all of a sudden. We should try to make this entire page just people quoting me.

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
Silentpony said:
P.S. Jeez, I got really popular all of a sudden. We should try to make this entire page just people quoting me.
I dunno about that, but I can make an image with a quote from you that makes you seem kind of like a self interested ass. Does that work?

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
KyuubiNoKitsune-Hime said:
Seriously though: Suspending virtually all of the code of conduct in the way it currently is, that's kind of asking for trouble. They should at least add in some extra basic rules, like: No doxxing, no personal threats of a serious nature(like death and rape threats), no bullying, or harassment. I can understand having a forum just for shitposting, venting, and discussing things that are otherwise against site policy, like certain browser extensions that will remain nameless.
To be fair, the first two are definitly illegal so I assume one would step in to deal with that

For the last one, they can always ignore but that's up to the user

Anyway, it's back to shit-posting I go

KyuubiNoKitsune-Hime

Lolita Style, The Best Style!
Jan 12, 2010
PsychicTaco115 said:
To be fair, the first two are definitly illegal so I assume one would step in to deal with that

For the last one, they can always ignore but that's up to the user

Anyway, it's back to shit-posting I go
Actually harassment is illegal too, especially targeted harassment. Still if you're not explicit about such things being off limits, like just having them implied due to them being illegal, someone will assume they can get away with doing such things.

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
Actually harassment is illegal too, especially targeted harassment. Still if you're not explicit about such things being off limits, like just having them implied due to them being illegal, someone will assume they can get away with doing such things.
Well, if the time comes where it happens, I hope people will know when to be serious and take the proper steps

I mean, I know it's just for shit-posting but decency should still exist

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Too Many Secrets said:
@FalloutJack: It should be funny when a Macris finally gets around to asking a lawyer about the wisdom of giving the green light to doxxing.
Man, I wish I knew what the hell he was talking about, and now I'll never know!

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
FalloutJack said:
Too Many Secrets said:
@FalloutJack: It should be funny when a Macris finally gets around to asking a lawyer about the wisdom of giving the green light to doxxing.
Man, I wish I knew what the hell he was talking about, and now I'll never know!
Give it a few moments. Hydra heads/ban circumvention accounts don't sprout instantly, you know.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
AccursedTheory said:
Well... maybe you're missing out on the Trap Thread.
Trap thread = best thread.

OT: wondered what the shit was going on when I saw it, visited and then suddenly my last 10 or so posts have been in there. It's a good way just to let off some steam and just spam shit you find vaguely amusing.

Plus traps.
All the traps.

Pirate Of PC Master race

Rambles about half of the time
Jun 14, 2013
Houseman said:
Pirate Of PC Master race said:
Back to original topic. It is strange to see that this forum promotes shitposting while entry is only restricted to those who show competence in self-control in the forums.
Where are you getting this information from?
I am pretty sure access of WWW is only accessible to those who have been here long enough to receive premium membership... somehow.

Either that or sub'd.

And when I say "competence in self-control", I mean not getting perma'd in 1 to 5 years.

EternallyBored

Terminally Apathetic
Jun 17, 2013
Houseman said:
Where are you getting this information from?
I am pretty sure access of WWW is only accessible to those who have been here long enough to receive premium membership... somehow.

Either that or sub'd.

And when I say "competence in self-control", I mean not getting perma'd in 1 to 5 years.
You can pay for premium membership, so technically anyone can throw down the cash to post there, although much like Something Awful, the pay wall will probably keep out a lot of the worst of the 4Chan style posting.

But you have a point insofar as the people that were granted the status when Kross left were those that had managed to avoid significant mod wrath for more than a year, so it leaves the current forum as likely a lot more sedate than it rules free status would initially imply.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Sassafrass said:
So what is this Trap Thread? 'Cause my idea of a trap seems to be WAY different than everyone else's.
Is is pie or something? Is everyone getting free pumpkin pie and I'm left cold and alone, not a pie in the world?!

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
Silentpony said:
Sassafrass said:
So what is this Trap Thread? 'Cause my idea of a trap seems to be WAY different than everyone else's.
Is is pie or something? Is everyone getting free pumpkin pie and I'm left cold and alone, not a pie in the world?!
It started off about traps, like bear traps and the such.
Then someone mentioned Bridget.
Then someone brought up Bailey Jay.

Don't google that last one if you're around people.