Okay...because I'd like the subject to be discussed somewhat respectfully...

Pirate Of PC Master race

Rambles about half of the time
Jun 14, 2013
Houseman said:
EternallyBored said:
the people that were granted the status when Kross left were those that had managed to avoid significant mod wrath for more than a year
Is there any source on this? Specifically, do you have a citation for there being a health-bar prerequisite for getting premium status?
I personally went up to 3 yellow bar so...
put that as a reference.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
I would love if the WW forum threads to be out of the sidebar (like the Game Industry Discussion forum currently is). Or better yet, give the members the option to customize which forums to show there in the "Forums and Notification options" page.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Now that I think about it, isn't a forum dedicated to shit posting an oxymoron? Shit posting being randoms, lulz and thread topic jacking, wouldn't every post be on topic, regardless of the topic? If everything is non sequitur, how can we HAVE a topic, much less lose it?

EternallyBored

Terminally Apathetic
Jun 17, 2013
Houseman said:
EternallyBored said:
the people that were granted the status when Kross left were those that had managed to avoid significant mod wrath for more than a year
Is there any source on this? Specifically, do you have a citation for there being a health-bar prerequisite for getting premium status?
I'm not going back to look for it, but it was one of the explanations proposed in the original threads for why people who's accounts were old enough did not receive premium membership, the only people I saw posting that didn't have the status all either had accounts that were too new, or they had health bars high enough to have experienced suspensions. Look back to the old threads when it first happened and people were confused by it.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Fallow said:
Have any of you considered that you aren't forced into reading the Wild West forum? It seems like an important aspect.
Their bait-clicking thread titles are currently part of the "Recent posts sidebar", without clear distinction (unless you hover your pointer over the title, which is tedious). I fear that they will flood the list in the future, making browse through recent post a frustrating filtering task.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
CaitSeith said:
Fallow said:
Have any of you considered that you aren't forced into reading the Wild West forum? It seems like an important aspect.
Their bait-clicking thread titles are currently part of the "Recent posts sidebar", without clear distinction (unless you hover your pointer over the title, which is tedious). I fear that they will flood the list in the future, making browse through recent post a frustrating filtering task.
That issue has been brought up in the Mod Group, where it's been acknowledged, and by myself in the dead 'Pist suggestions user group. As much as I enjoy the forum, that shit needs to be out of the side bar for everyones sanity.

Joccaren

Elite Member
Mar 29, 2011
Eh, it doesn't seem like too bad an idea. Its one subforum of many on this site, and other subforums will still have their rules enforced.

I would, however, not include its threads in the most popular and such threadbox. Its, as the name implies, the Wild West, and encouraging users to accidentally stumble into a thread of shit probably isn't a good idea - it'll alienate anyone who doesn't want to use the forum pretty fast if half the time they click to enter a thread they get shoved into a FFA warzone. Its also probably not the face we want to present to the general internet, and attract all the real trolls. Have it something you know about after spending a little bit of time on the forums, but not something that essentially becomes the forums.

Ye Bobbum Man

Aug 5, 2016
General amusement and "the crowd goes mild" response on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/4wfs0h/the_escapist_forums_give_up_create_a_freeforall/

Which led me to this:
Dunam's "I'm Banned" Reddit Thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/4vt3eg/hey_ive_finally_been_banned_on_the_escapist_press/
Say hello to Strazdas and some other familiar faces!

What a funny bunch.

Ye Bobbum Man

Aug 5, 2016
By the way, I just realized that this is the kind of thing that those of you who care about site rules, could do in "The Wild West".

Yes, that's definitely the quote for FileTrekker.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Sassafrass said:
Its actually funny. I was in an Opera house with my grandma and parents when I saw the whole Bailey Jay thing and part of me really wanted to check out who she was. But I'm glad I waited.

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
Silentpony said:
Sassafrass said:
Its actually funny. I was in an Opera house with my grandma and parents when I saw the whole Bailey Jay thing and part of me really wanted to check out who she was. But I'm glad I waited.
Oh God. Parents? Grandmother? OPERA HOUSE?

Damn it. It as was so perfect, just begging for a surprise trap.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
AccursedTheory said:
Silentpony said:
Sassafrass said:

To be fair, knowing its a trap kinda' clued me in. But I was tempted.
and because I know you're dying to know, it was Puccini's Tosca. And she is a *****.

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
Silentpony said:
AccursedTheory said:
Silentpony said:
Sassafrass said:

To be fair, knowing its a trap kinda' clued me in. But I was tempted.
and because I know you're dying to know, it was Puccini's Tosca. And she is a *****.
I know. I don't blame you - I blame the people you clued in.

IceForce

Is this memes?
Legacy
Dec 11, 2012
Ye Bobbum Man said:
General amusement and "the crowd goes mild" response on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/4wfs0h/the_escapist_forums_give_up_create_a_freeforall/
Amusing indeed.

KotakuInAction is a predominantly pro-Gamergate subreddit, and way back when, I distinctly remember the people there saying how they wanted the GG megathread here to be a 'free-fire zone' that the mods would stay out of.

Fast-forward to now, and they've finally been given a free-fire zone, but... the reception from KotakuInAction is rather lukewarm at best.
I guess a lot's changed in the last 2 years...

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
IceForce said:
Ye Bobbum Man said:
Amusing indeed.

KotakuInAction is a predominantly pro-Gamergate subreddit, and way back when, I distinctly remember the people there saying how they wanted the GG megathread here to be a 'free-fire zone' that the mods would stay out of.

Fast-forward to now, and they've finally been given a free-fire zone, but... the reception from KotakuInAction is rather lukewarm at best.
Skimmed it. Kinda weird that there is such a hate boner for the moderation back then, and that some of them think they're owed an apology. From who? None of the same mods or staff are still around anymore (save for Nuke and Barbas, but they aren't the mods being discussed).

IceForce

Is this memes?
Legacy
Dec 11, 2012
Fappy said:
IceForce said:
Ye Bobbum Man said:
Amusing indeed.

Skimmed it. Kinda weird that there is such a hate boner for the moderation back then, and that some of them think they're owed an apology. From who? None of the same mods or staff are still around anymore (save for Nuke and Barbas, but they aren't the mods being discussed).
Indeed. They seem to be the most bitter about an ex-moderator who hasn't even been here in... like, 2 years.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
IceForce said:
Fappy said:
IceForce said:
Ye Bobbum Man said:
Amusing indeed.

Indeed. They seem to be the most bitter about an ex-moderator who hasn't even been here in... like, 2 years.
They also called out Colour Scientist. That just makes me sad. She may not have gotten along with the GG crowd, but she's actually a really nice person. Kinda odd that they'd still resent someone for something as minor as this so longer after the fact.

IceForce

Is this memes?
Legacy
Dec 11, 2012
Fappy said:
They also called out Colour Scientist. That just makes me sad. She may not have gotten along with the GG crowd, but she's actually a really nice person. Kinda odd that they'd still resent someone for something as minor as this so longer after the fact.
I didn't have much to do with her, but I kinda got the feeling she didn't really like me... much.

And oh look, I just noticed I've been called a "shitstain" by someone in that reddit thread.
KiA, charming as always.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Houseman said:
EternallyBored said:
I can't exactly attest to it myself, House. I had a number of damages to the health bar before the requisite time for wiping it clean passed fairly recently.

IceForce said:
Fappy said:
I didn't have much to do with her, but I kinda got the feeling she didn't really like me... much.

And oh look, I just noticed I've been called a "shitstain" by someone in that reddit thread.
KiA, charming as always.
Anybody mention me? I would definitely find it funny that Reddit or something harps on about old Jack on such social media that I don't give a damn about to use.

SolidState

May 30, 2015
Beffudled Sheep said:
My profile just randomly got pub club one day (I guess it was the day Kross got laid off). I didn't pay for it, or opt in, or anything.
Honestly I thought everyone got it, I'm surprised you didn't.
AccursedTheory said:
Everyone should have gotten it automatically. Weird.
I didn't get it either. I've been here more than a year, and I've never had a single tick on my profile bar.
I guess they just 'forgot' about me.

Too Many Secrets said:
No one actually paid, remember? Kross gave everyone with more than 6 months PubClub for free.
See above. And I think your criteria is wrong, otherwise I would have been given it too.