Old cartoons you would rewatch or revive if you could

JuwGirl

Feb 15, 2011
Danny Phantom (Just forget that Phantom Planet ever happened)
Teen Titans (Just forget that Trouble in Tokyo ever happened)
Xiaolin Showdown (Just forget that their last few episodes never happened)
W.I.T.C.H
Wolverine and the X-Men

I could go on but those are the first ones that come to my mind

Jun 11, 2008
I don't think they are too old but Shaman King and Zoids are the only ones I want that are not mentioned. They had really shit cliff hanger endings and never continued.

steelguy17

Aug 5, 2009
Macheteswordgun said:
Freakazoid, Finish samurai jack, Courage the cowderly dog, megas xlr, Murni Kenshin or something like that, Something with some elemental samurais on cartoon network, YuYu hockashow or something like that, The real Unedited Dbz not the nicktoon reboot,and thats about all i got off of the top of my head
I think you are saying rurouni Kenshin, the elemental samurai's I believe is Saint Seiya, and yuyu hakusho. All great shows loved the old toonami. I will include Voltron in this list for nostalgia's sake.

I would have to say ed edd and eddy, along with static shock were a couple of my personal faves that i would like to see more of.

azukar

Sep 7, 2009
Mazinger-Z, End of thread.

Utterly horrible, but as a kid I loved every badly-animated second of it.

Quote me if you even know what this show is.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
I would bring back Batman the animated series but sadly the DCAU is dead buried and being sold in box sets and anything meant to revive it would be a hideous mutilated zombie. Sigh... Here's looking at you, Bruce Timm.

Hamish Durie

Apr 30, 2011
tom and jerry
scooby-doo
swat cats
SAMURAI JACK
dick dasrstedly waky races
justice leauge(the old one)
the old batman cartoon
ed ed and eddy
captin planet
the grim adventures of billy and mandy(the ones that shared half the show with evil con carne)
LOONEY TUNES OH HOW I MISS YOU
the old astro boy
jhonny bravo
dexters laboratory
and finnaly my third favourite ren and stimpy love how there still funny and are better then all of the modren day cartoons suck it scooby-doo reboot

edit: courage the cowardly dog
invader zim
xao lin show down

god i miss the old cartoon network

VonBrewskie

Apr 9, 2009
shrekfan246 said:
Dexter's Laboratory.
Also Catdog, Hey Arnold, Doug, Ren & Stimpy. Most of the more "classic" Nickolodean toons.
Oh, and the Looney Tunes from 1930-1969.
"Looney Tunes from 1930-1969"

*raises hand* I second that. Also the MGM cartoons from that era. Popeye would be nice too. Loved to old black-and-white ones. Popeye says some pretty funny stuff under his breath if you listen closely enough.

bliebblob

Plushy wrangler, die-curious
Sep 9, 2009
The animated starship troopers series.
Not only was it barely a kid's show (very moody, people die horribly etc.), it followed the book (the movie was based on a book) more closely.

trailer:
Now why would I want this revised? Because through some weird black budget magic they didn't have the funds to make the very last episode and it would be nice to have some closure.

Apparently I'm not the only one who thinks so, the guy who uploaded that trailer even made a petition for it.

JohnnyDelRay

Jul 29, 2010
I used to love Robotech. I even read the entire series of novels, I think there was about 18 of them. But I'm not sure how much I'd love it if I rewatched it now, I just watched Voltus V which I loved to bits, but was kinda....unimpressed by the animation now. Actually, unless you were a full on 80-90's robot geek it's kinda doubtful anyone would like it today.

But damn as a kid I was in love with the whole saga, don't remember it all too well now though =(

Detective Prince

Feb 6, 2011
Captain Bucky O'Hare! That was all I used to watch as a child. I had all the figurines except Jenny, the white cat with the pink hair. But I did have the huge Mother Toad spaceship and the Righteous Indignation. God that was a great series.

Come to think of it I also watched The Clangers. I'd revive that in a heartbeat as well.

FunKing

May 17, 2010
i just want to be able to get older Tex Avery stuff....home of the future....the pigmy stuff...old Tom and Jerry, w/ the black house keeper.....stuff hard to fins due to it's politically correctness...if that is a word......
but for the hell of it, Galaxy High, had fond memories of it, and please...just please, i want the Smurfs episode where they were sick, they would bite another one in the tail and become infected, and would change into a purple color, and jump around yelling "G-NAP!"....im sure gargamel had something to do w/ it, but it's been so long since ive seen it, i dont remember

bliebblob

Plushy wrangler, die-curious
Sep 9, 2009
wolf thing said:
war planets shadow raiders, such a good show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXDH2NUYrgg
Thank you so much for making me remember that! I loved it as a kid but it was broadcasted at a really awkward hour for me so I could rarely watch. I may actually restart watching it now, if only for the satisfaction of finally seeing it properly. See people THIS is the internet at it's best ^^

Also, I noticed how the fire and ice guys really look like morrowind atronachs, maybe there is some Freudian connection with my (much later) love for morrowind ^^

Da Chi

Sep 6, 2010
DARKWING DUCK!
and DUCKTALES!
and TAILSPIN!
and Animaniacs....
(One of these things is not like the other!)