Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Satarus

May 27, 2017
Hello, im looking for a game that i played for 7-12 yrs ago. You saw your character from above and you had to go throught like, ''Windows'' to get to the next place.. you fought various creatures (i think) you could be varius classes aswell, going from sorecerer to warrior etc. I definately remeber seeing a small river and a guy standing beside it where you could take a quest from him..

I would love to play that game again.

Pixelhunter

Dec 21, 2014
Satarus said:
Hello, im looking for a game that i played for 7-12 yrs ago. You saw your character from above and you had to go throught like, ''Windows'' to get to the next place.. you fought various creatures (i think) you could be varius classes aswell, going from sorecerer to warrior etc. I definately remeber seeing a small river and a guy standing beside it where you could take a quest from him..

I'd have a look at the Sacred series, the first two games, that is.

https://www.gog.com/game/sacred_gold

Both games had a kind of hub city with portals to various other areas of the world.

doublecomposter

May 27, 2017
If anyone could recall the title of this game, I'd be eternally grateful:

It is a point-and-click adventure game where you play a detective or maybe a police officer who was suspended or working off the clock, something like that. The conspiracy/investigation eventually takes you to a space station where you have to sneak aboard. I recall the writing was quite snarky and humorous- at a point early in the game you need an object from a locker and to get it you have to distract a colleague by giving them a laxative- I think. I played it sometime around 2003, so I'd guess it came out 1995-2003. It had a very 90's feel to it, but no FMV elements. Visually, looks similar to the titles Wadjet Eye Games has put out, e.g. Gemini Rue. Platform was probably PC, but strongly suspect it may have been the Playstation 1. Also, I recall it had a rather peculiar title.

I realize this is a vague description, but my memory isn't that clear. I know it wasn't Police Quest, Space Quest, Tex Murphy, Blackwell Series, etc. Thanks for any help.

Chaseis4344

May 27, 2017
3d computer game from the 1990s where you played as a person on an alien planet had to set up a base during each mission had LAN multiplayer and a hover tank human color scheme was black and orange and the alien color scheme was yellow and black there was one mission where after a set amount of time you had to either send someone across the map to save an essential character or go yourself he camera perspective was first person

sammyalcock

Apr 3, 2017
sammyalcock said:
Hi everyone,

I've been searching for years to find this certain game I used to play on PC.

It was an MS DOS shooter type of game, very similar to doom and blood, etc, with the graphics looking very much like rise of the triad. My most vivid memories are being in some sort of science building and there's a scientist working on an alien - who then jumps on and kills the scientist, smashing the glass. This is the intro to the game if I remember correctly.

There's a subway/metro type area too and as far as I can remember, not all enemies are aliens, they're human too.

There's a variety of weapons to use from pistols to an electric claw type weapon.

I hope this rings a bell for someone, I would be eternally grateful!
Bumped for any help please! :)

Satarus

May 27, 2017
ahhh, no that's not it I'm afraid... it had more of a surreal thing to it.. like tiny figureswhere you can see the character from straight above

Pixelhunter

Dec 21, 2014
Chaseis4344 said:
3d computer game from the 1990s where you played as a person on an alien planet had to set up a base during each mission had LAN multiplayer and a hover tank human color scheme was black and orange and the alien color scheme was yellow and black there was one mission where after a set amount of time you had to either send someone across the map to save an essential character or go yourself he camera perspective was first person
That could be either "Battlezone 1" (1998), or "Battlezone 2" (2000).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HLbnmuIJ8E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKCH1NoC3jQ

Pixelhunter

Dec 21, 2014
doublecomposter said:
If anyone could recall the title of this game, I'd be eternally grateful:

It is a point-and-click adventure game where you play a detective or maybe a police officer who was suspended or working off the clock, something like that. The conspiracy/investigation eventually takes you to a space station where you have to sneak aboard. I recall the writing was quite snarky and humorous- at a point early in the game you need an object from a locker and to get it you have to distract a colleague by giving them a laxative- I think. I played it sometime around 2003, so I'd guess it came out 1995-2003. It had a very 90's feel to it, but no FMV elements. Visually, looks similar to the titles Wadjet Eye Games has put out, e.g. Gemini Rue. Platform was probably PC, but strongly suspect it may have been the Playstation 1. Also, I recall it had a rather peculiar title.

I realize this is a vague description, but my memory isn't that clear. I know it wasn't Police Quest, Space Quest, Tex Murphy, Blackwell Series, etc. Thanks for any help.
Sounds familiar. I'd say it's "The Moment of Silence" (2004).

https://www.gog.com/game/the_moment_of_silence

Tilango

May 27, 2017
Ello. Recently began looking back at games I played when I was younger, and came across the vivid pictures of a Wolfenstein 3D-ish looking game where EVERYTHING could be destroyed. I remember you begin in a cell with a knife, and have to cut open the bars with said knife. If it helps, I also remember a safe, the only "indestructible" thing in the game. (It could be destroyed but it would have taken forever to do so). It was also set in a mansion/house and you could get explosives. Any help would be appreciated!

doublecomposter

May 27, 2017
Pixelhunter said:
Sounds familiar. I'd say it's "The Moment of Silence" (2004)
https://www.gog.com/game/the_moment_of_silence
Good game, but not the one. The one I am thinking of has an older 2d style- kinda felt retro even in 2003/2004. I am thinking it was on console, as I borrowed it from my brother who had borrowed it from a friend which explains why I had a short time with it. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

lolmeme38

May 27, 2017
Okay i have a game that's been driving me crazy. At this point i doubt it exists.

Basically you choose a character. Its a rpg type game. I distinctly remember a guy with a red messed up arm. You did a bunch of quests, like your typical rpg. The thing that makes me doubt it exists is that i remember it having graphics like today, but that's definitely just nostalgia.I remember walking through a village. The dialog might have been polish but i don't remember that much.

If you have any information of what the game is, you just saved me :) thanks if you even try though

Douglas Rinaldo

May 28, 2017
Hey this is a hard one, I played when I was a kid.
The game was basically a adventure type, and you could choose between twin girls or a boy, and the objective of the game was catch some kind of tvs and you would take to sort of a portal,it was a little bit dark, I don't remember so much. The final of the game was an history with a skull and that was it, if someone find it I would be grateful for the rest of my life.

Edit:And was a Sega Genesis game.

Zharenn

May 12, 2017
Satarus said:

Maybe Spellforce?

Satarus

May 27, 2017
Zharenn said:
Satarus said:

Maybe Spellforce?
Sadly not spellforce, as i said, you saw the character from straight above. you could fight everything from warriors to sorcerers etc.

Marty Xmartinx

May 21, 2017
JatzhyMoss said:
Marty Xmartinx said:
Here's a real challenge for someone.

I played it on my pc. It could be 98/me game. It wasn't big game, it was pretty simple. From what i can remember it was 2d shooter style with side view and it wasn't pixelated or cartoon style. You could also play it with another person on same pc, (maybe with more but i don't know this for sure). You could choose your skin.

It was set in apocalypse world, you're playing as a soldier.

You're killing demons,skeletons and flying creatures. Walking from stage to stage. If you completed the level you could buy better weapons and explosives.

When you run out of ammo there was someting like handsaw, swinging it around him and it make sound like actual motorsaw.

Controls: both players on keyboard

Hopefully someone can end my despair of finding this game.
Alien Carnage/Halloween Harry ?
No, the graphic wasn't that much pixelated and cartoon style.

It was in apocalyptic world, more like in hell, stages with a lot of dark - bloody colors
I think there was campaing and survival mode, you also couldn't move up and down like in that game that you posted, no jetpack, no saving of survivors,no automatons for weapons, no minimap.
You could see whole room, where everything was hapening, and if you cleared it you could go to the next room.

RatedRYoungGun

May 28, 2017
The game I'm looking for was like a 3rd person fantasy rpg game. It only had like 3 races and one of them was a fairy that was small. It had skills like blacksmithing and one memorable place was a town near the ocean with a bunch of bouncy mushroom-like things. It also had a cartoony design.

RatedRYoungGun

May 28, 2017
The game I'm looking for was like a 3rd person fantasy rpg game. It only had like 3 races and one of them was a fairy that was small. It had skills like blacksmithing and one memorable place was a town near the ocean with a bunch of bouncy mushroom-like things. It also had a cartoony like design

Daffa

Apr 18, 2017
It wasn't that, sorry

Nidor said:
Daffa said:
I've been looking for this game forever.

- the character was looks like egg / yellow egg / something yellow oval

- the first stage was in the jungle. There's a stone that can be pushed. There was a secret way through the woods (imagine the labyrinth's wall) to complete the stage

- one stage that i remember. There was dark, rainy, and sea around us. There was only one way to complete and it was closed by red-blue-green lasers.

- the camera perspective is top-down. The graphic was looks like minecraft, in my head.

- It was desktop game, i guess.

Please help me, and sorry for bad english
Bit of a shot in the dark as I am not able to confirm all points at the moment as I am not familiar with the game, but there is a game called Speedy Eggbert, and later Toki Tori that fit some of the points. They both have yellow egg like characters, and the latter could sorta be considered minecraftish textures. They both have windows releases, they aren't top down though.

davidmvue3

May 29, 2017
Does anybody remember and old flash game where you play as this green dragon and the first boss was this bigger green dragon and the entire game and each level all you did was fight against these giant monsters each boss fight. I remember descriptively certain bosses, one boss which was like a huge dinosaur that you threw it's babies on it to damage it and another water boss where you would throw these fire plants on it to hurt it. Again this was an old flash game and it was pretty big on Newgrounds and armor games a while back, it would really help if anybody could tell me what this game was called

stingray4508

May 29, 2017
Can anybody help me?

I remember playing an old PC demo disc set (pretty sure it was for windows 95/98 but could be early 2000's demo?) a lot like the gamesampler 2, but different. This was more like doom kind of, with toxic monsters or something around, while you select your demos. I remember there was a flight sim game on there, as well as possibly an early road rash game, and a game kind of like lightbike, but without the tails i think, and youd go around picking up items or killing eachother in this futuristic like place with a lot of bright colours and after a certain time limit or sound ran out, youd all have to get back to the spawn, and if you didnt get back in time youd die or something. I think there was also a birds-eye-view military game that i cant for the life of me remember any details on.

Please any help would be appreciated, I have been searching for years for this demo as my brother snapped the disc on accident in my grandmother's old computer when I was 5 or 6.

Thank you for your time.