Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Logan Holt

Oct 19, 2014
I am looking for an Adventure NES game where you start in a forest village. I remember a fire area, ice area, and a ship area. You travel with companions and hit has a FF style of fighting. If you have an idea can you send me a video link so I can confirm it. When I played it it was missing the face plate so I only saw the name on the title screen. I live in America so it is an American release.

Alex Tay

Dec 23, 2014
hi all, I used to play a pc game around year 2000+ which is an airplane top down shooting game (or bullet hell game). In the game, you control an aircraft flying on an alien planet shooting down enemies with lasers, bombs, missiles etc. In total each planet has 5 stages if not mistaken, before proceeding to the next planet. After each stage you are able to upgrade your weapons using points you accumulated in the stages by killing enemies. Some of the weapon names that i recall are 1) Missiles: Pathfinder, Magnum, Needle. 2) Bombs: Air filter. 3) Satellites(Shields): Ghost, Volcano, Starlight, Guardian. 4) Gunner. Any idea what is the name of this game? Please help, Im desperate to find out what was this game that I've played in my childhood. Thanks :)

Luc823

May 29, 2017
Hi guys!

I remember playing a game on PC a pretty long time ago, I think it was somewhere between 2003-2007. It was an online game, so no disc and/or login needed or anything. The game was about a little wizard in purple robes and I believe he also wore a white mask (might not have been a human being, according to his size). Throughout the game you had to collect some things in different colors, although I'm not quite sure what it was. Could've been some kind of orbs or staffs, could also be robes. The game (or at least a part of it) was set in a castle of some sort.

Hope someone recognizes this description!

LovroD77359

May 29, 2017
I used to play a game some 5 or 6 years ago on my PC.
I think it had 4 installements. It was a puzzle point-and-click game. There were multiple sections and at the end of each one you had to do a sort of rotating or conventional puzzle to get a picture and then some essence thingy would fly out and reveal the next part of the big picture which would lead you to the next section. I remember some of the puzzles like peg solitaire, sudoku with some weird symbols instead of numbers, a game where you put down lines and formed squares (if that makes sense) and so on. I have been trying to think of the name for a while and it's really bugging me. Someone pls help.

marvikus96

May 29, 2017
dous any of you know of a sort of robber game? running through the woods with a wagon with money and trying not to get caught by thieves,and you have like these sages this map you have to get thraugh, its not so good drawing.

marvikus96

May 29, 2017
dous any of you know of a sort of robber game? running through the woods with a wagon with money and trying not to get caught by thieves,and you have like these sages this map you have to get thraugh, its not so good drawing.

marvikus96

May 29, 2017

marvikus96

May 29, 2017
Dous anybody know i site or a website where the intro/commercial of the game start with a boy with a hat klikking on a mous and it blowsup? it's a commercial for a nother game website

marvikus96

May 29, 2017
dous enybody know of a game where when you are klikking play/settup and that it's an picture of a snow machine red and i think it's a find objects game

sandzero

May 30, 2017
CheesusCrust said:
A 2D side scrolling platformer where you play as a small creature that throws water ballons/balls/bubbles at enemies and use them to solve puzzles and stuff. I've searched for any information on the game and I created a thread dedicated to figuring out what it was but to no avail. I'm not sure it really existed at all. Maybe it was a vision from God and I'm supposed to design it?
I think it is Liquid Kids, also known as Mizubaku Adventure, is a 1990 Taito release that is a close cousin to the Bubble Bobble series.
https://www.gamefaqs.com/arcade/577788-liquid-kids/faqs/7677

:)

Nidor

Mar 1, 2017
Tilango said:
Ello. Recently began looking back at games I played when I was younger, and came across the vivid pictures of a Wolfenstein 3D-ish looking game where EVERYTHING could be destroyed. I remember you begin in a cell with a knife, and have to cut open the bars with said knife. If it helps, I also remember a safe, the only "indestructible" thing in the game. (It could be destroyed but it would have taken forever to do so). It was also set in a mansion/house and you could get explosives. Any help would be appreciated!
Pretty sure this is Voxelstein 3D by the description. A fun concept, i remember spending way too much time just chipping away at everything.

Henrik767

May 30, 2017
This game i played with Windows 95 and it was year 1998-2002. I borrowed this cd from public library in Finland, Sein?joki.

Here comes the story: The first place you are in is entrance hall with stairs of big mansion. The mission is to pick up some stuff as key or screwdriver to enter into next room which is dining room if i dont remember wrong. You need to play several games/puzzles and collect codes to open something or to enter to next room. In the very end there is spaceship on the highest floor of this mansion. There is also tv in one of rooms between entrance and spaceship.

It is very similar to these games but i dont remeber that any people appeared
http://www.cultofmac.com/67553/the-7th-guest-and-the-11th-hour-coming-to-ios/

This game was kind of first games i played and mysteriousnes of it was just freaking awesome and this game has so strong emotional connection for me.

Chibiterasu1999

May 31, 2017
Hello. There was this old game I used to play, and I just gotta find out what it was called.

So i remember borrowing it from my friend all the time and playing it on the PlayStation. I can't remember if it was a PlayStation one game, or a PlayStation 2 game, but I played it on the PlayStation 2 exclusively. It didn't look incredibly fancy or anything. It was really low poly. But it didn't have prerendered graphics in it like resident evil, final fantasy, or ocarina of time. The game featured a young boy (I think) as the main character. The game had a really artsy look to it. Paint and art supplies strewn about in some levels. But the biggest, most defining feature of the game was the ability to turn into the enemies you killed, even bosses. If it helps any, i remember one boss in particular was a yellow sphere chef dude with long, tentacle like arms. His fighting arena was beige n such. The different enemies you turned into gave you various powers, including flight. The game genre was an action Platformer. If anyone at all knows what this game is called and could tell me, they would be my saving grace. The help is appreciated. :)

Michael Ziilch

May 31, 2017
Hey there, I've got a game I can't remember that's been bugging me like crazy.

The game I'm thinking of is a Legend of Zelda A link to the past clone for windows 95 or 98.
It was crazy similar to A link to the past (but I already googled giantbomb and other sites, one guy had a description that was close on this thread, but I'm not sure if we are talking about the same game)

I only played the demo disc, so it only allowed you to check out the first area. The main character was a young boy with brown hair, maybe blue clothes or armor, you carried a sword and shield, it was top down and cartoony but I believe it had RPG elements and leveling up.
The game started off in a village (which was at the bottom), the map was roughly circular in nature, you could explore a forest and a few spots but mostly there was a well with water underground or a lake underground in a cavern like setting (it was in the center of the map, which made the map sort of like a donut shape) where you could go down and fight enemies like spiders and stuff. There was an underground lake and most of the demo takes place there, there might have been a spider mini boss. I could never remembered what it was called, the only reason I played it was through my brothers friend, and I'm a huge gamer and to this day I've never seen it again, it's a rather obscure title and it never pops up in any lists.

It might start with an L like Lumeria 2000 or something similiar. For some reason I remember "2000" but I know the Acer was windows 95/98 and not windows 2000, so I'm not sure if it's just my fuzzy memory or maybe I remembered a bit of the title but it got garbled.

The game's it is not:

Golden Axe Warrior,

Neutopia (looks similiar in some ways)

Anything Zelda

Effat Naaz

May 31, 2017
Hi I would really appreciate if some one can tell me about this Video game.
It is adventure game. In this game there were 4 characters warrior, magician, archer and other i forgot. They go in jungle, they find quest boxes there, they fight with men if they are rebel. They can change the Armour, other accessories. I remember there was teleport also where they can move from one place to another part of jungle. Mostly they wander in jungle, sometimes they can go to dungeon kind of thing also. Its like a jungle map which they have to cover.

Effat Naaz

May 31, 2017
Hi

I would really appreciate if some one can tell me about this game.
It is adventure game. In this game there were 4 characters warrior, magician, archer and other i forgot. They go in jungle, they find quest box there, they fight with men if they are rebel. They can change the Armour, other accessories. I remember there was teleport also where they can move from one place to another part of jungle. Mostly they wander in jungle, sometimes they can go to dungeon kind of thing also. Its like a jungle map which they have to cover.

Jaiek

May 31, 2017
Hi!

I don't know if anyone has asked this, but I'm trying to find a game in which:
You travel back in time to Ancient Greece. You have to solve puzzles (First person, point and click, and you control the scenes via the click-at-the-side-to-rotate method, similar to Riven or Myst).
You can copy the appearance of people that you've met, which allows you to talk to people as if you were the other person.

I only played the demo, in which you were trying to get into an arena, and you had to use a potters kiln to make a clay seal.

Thanks!

Chaseis4344

May 27, 2017
Pixelhunter said:
Chaseis4344 said:
3d computer game from the 1990s where you played as a person on an alien planet had to set up a base during each mission had LAN multiplayer and a hover tank human color scheme was black and orange and the alien color scheme was yellow and black there was one mission where after a set amount of time you had to either send someone across the map to save an essential character or go yourself he camera perspective was first person
That could be either "Battlezone 1" (1998), or "Battlezone 2" (2000).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HLbnmuIJ8E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKCH1NoC3jQ
Thank you so much I have been looking for this game for about 5 years now thank you it was very fun

Nidor

Mar 1, 2017
Chaseis4344 said:
Pixelhunter said:
That could be either "Battlezone 1" (1998), or "Battlezone 2" (2000).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HLbnmuIJ8E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKCH1NoC3jQ
Thank you so much I have been looking for this game for about 5 years now thank you it was very fun
I had forgotten about Battlezone, it was quite fun. In fact they had just released a remake on steam a year ago that I've been meaning to check out. So while i didn't officially post a question for it, thanks to both of you for reminding me of it :p