Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Victor J. Chin

New member
Nov 29, 2017
2
0
0
Hi, I'm looking for a certain PC software game that has escaped my memory and I'm hoping someone might have come across it. I'm gonna try my best to describe it, but I played this when I was a pre-teen, so you'll have to excuse me if my memory is hazy.

I played it about 8-15 years ago on PC(software download) as I was too young to afford a console. Back then, other games I played included stuff like adventure quest and miniclip.com. Now, this game was a 2d beat-em up sidescroller similar to river city ransom but with a better graphics than pixel sprites. The game started with a dark atmosphere, it was raining and something happened to the main character. I think I never did get past the very first part of the game, but I remember it was set in a night club where you would beat up enemies. Sometimes, you would be able to hit them so hard that their head flies off the screen and leaves a blood trail and other times they would drop their weapons or even their arms that you can pick up as a weapon. Fighting enemies would also increase your cash which you could use to buy items (food?noodles/drinks/cd??) from various shopkeepers and you would gain stats or have stronger attacks. It was probably heavily inspired by river city ransom. Just beside the night club, I remember there being a car junk/scrapyard and I didn't know how to progress further. The visual style of the game was pretty unique for that time, with the character models being small animated characters, while the background would be closer to real life photo imagery.

The game itself was a software download from the web by an independent small company. I remember the same company also made another game featuring a ninja girl with guns. I'm not too sure, but I feel as though this ninja girl(or characters from either game) appeared in both games as cameos. I remember playing that ninja girl game as well, and When i reached the hospital stage, that game had a small cliffhanger and told me that i needed to purchase the full game in order to continue that game, while showing me a preview of the remainder of the game.

The parts listed from here on might be wildly inaccurate, I might have mixed up my memories with river city ransom, but
I might have been able to pick up the hearts from the enemies in the nightclub and regain health by eating them?? They might also have been zombies..???

I understand that this is really vague but nevertheless, I sincerely hope someone knows which game i'm talking about. I would really appreciate any help given to me as I badly miss that game. Thank you for your kind attention.
 

Svein Bakke

New member
Nov 29, 2017
2
0
0
Hi. Please help me find this game. It's not that old. But I'll try do describe as good as I can manage.

It's a side-scrolling 2d game. It's a military strategy game, where you're supposed to defend your base (same concept as age of war). After completing different levels you unlock new units. The units are a lot of categories: Infantry (sniper, grenadier, machinegun etc., vehicles (trucks and tanks), Aircraft (2 sorts of helicopter and lots of plains), boats, strikes, turrets and specials.
The different levels were different difficulities, some levels you were only allowed to use boats, and some were only plains, some were both plains and infantry etc...
If I remember right the game was about conquer the whole map. You also got some points so you could upgrade your command and skills. The game was maybe avaliable at kongregate, but i ain't sure. Please help me. I need to find this game.

thank you for your attention.
 

Midwoka

New member
Sep 13, 2016
200
0
0
Victor J. Chin said:
Hi, I'm looking for a certain PC software game that has escaped my memory and I'm hoping someone might have come across it. I'm gonna try my best to describe it, but I played this when I was a pre-teen, so you'll have to excuse me if my memory is hazy.

I played it about 8 years ago, it was a beat-em up sidescroller similar to river city ransom but with better graphics than pixel sprites. The game started with a dark atmosphere, it was raining and something happened to the main character. I think I never did get past the very first part of the game, but I remember it was set in a night club where you would beat up enemies. Sometimes, you would be able to hit them so hard that their head flies off the screen and leaves a blood trail and other times they would drop their weapons or even their arms that you can pick up as a weapon. Just beside the night club, I remember there was a scrapyard and I would get stuck on that place because the me back then didn't know how to progress. The visual style of the game was pretty unique for that time, with the character models being small animated characters, while the background would be closer to real life imagery. The game itself was a software download from the web by an independent small company. I remember the same company also made another game featuring a ninja girl with guns. I'm not too sure, but I feel as though this ninja girl appeared in both games. I remember playing that ninja girl game as well, and When i reached the hospital stage, the game had a small cliffhanger and told me that i needed to purchase the full game in order to continue the game, while showing me a preview of the remainder of the game.

The parts listed from here on might be wildly inaccurate, I might have mixed up my memories with river city ransom, but I also remember being able to buy items(food?noodles/drinks) from the npc shopkeeper and you would gain stats or have stronger attacks.
Also, I might have been able to pick up the hearts from the enemies in the nightclub and regain health by eating them??

I understand that this is really vague, nevertheless I sincerely hope someone knows which game i'm talking about. I would really appreciate any help given to me as I badly miss that game. Thank you for your kind attention.
Maybe The Dishwasher: Dead Samurai [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-ayGund21Q&list=PLF85A4F9CE4F1BD46], with the sequel Vampire Smile [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUgRykwRnvE&list=PLl3nsag5YnTCYqd20fHvHyEDHYW9Kbfv5] being the 'ninja girl with guns' game?
 

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
556
94
33
Country
United States
Ronald Wolfshark Lessy said:
Hi, help me please find this game. Iam desperate becouse i cant find it. For motivation i will give 5usd to the one who will know the game or who will google it :)

Its very old game, very simple. Probably made with very low budget. You have square small map with water at the start. Every turn you have to build some hill, hole or add water. It comes random and you have to build it somewhere or put water somewhere every turn. Goal is to keep water on map as long as possible. Game ends when water go over your hills and spill out from map. All the map comes wet and you lost. Please anybody knows the game? :) Thank you for help and have a nice day
Probably either Wetrix or it's pseudo-sequel, Aqua Aqua.
 

IForgotTheName

New member
Nov 29, 2017
1
0
0
I need help finding a game, any help is appreciated. The game, I believe it was for ps2. It was a 3d third person game where you were a fox (walking on two legs), you eventually get dressed in chainmail and get a sword. I remember it had high-quality cutscenes/cinematics. There was a quest where you had to rescue your sister after she wants to be like you and she runs away on her own quest.

Edit: It was: Neopets: The Darkest Faerie
 

Midwoka

New member
Sep 13, 2016
200
0
0
IForgotTheName said:
I need help finding a game, any help is appreciated. The game, I believe it was for ps2. It was a 3d third person game where you were a fox (walking on two legs), you eventually get dressed in chainmail and get a sword. I remember it had high-quality cutscenes/cinematics. There was a quest where you had to rescue your sister after she wants to be like you and she runs away on her own quest.
That'd be Neopets: The Darkest Faerie [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiEZJ3VmQCc&list=PLrXlEm4MgsbMDW012B10GegFiLmM1OJv9]. =)
 

Mixalis Mpisias

New member
Nov 30, 2017
1
0
0
I need help, i recently remembered of a game i used to play on a windows xp computer around 2007-2008.
The game was about making a robot with different parts (globe head, bowl head, bomb hands etc.) and using the different properties of this robot to solve puzzles on the islant that you were in that had ancient ruins (i remember a big head that spit out bombs(?) ), there was "helper" creature that was a flying one eyed creature (i dont remember too much). Also i remember fondly that there was a place near the beach that you could play football with a tin can vs another robot like you that was AI.
Thanks in advance!
 

Victor J. Chin

New member
Nov 29, 2017
2
0
0
Midwoka said:
Maybe The Dishwasher: Dead Samurai [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-ayGund21Q&list=PLF85A4F9CE4F1BD46], with the sequel Vampire Smile [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUgRykwRnvE&list=PLl3nsag5YnTCYqd20fHvHyEDHYW9Kbfv5] being the 'ninja girl with guns' game?
Sadly no, that isn't the right game. But thanks to viewing that + some more research, i remembered a little bit more about the game and I updated the info! I really appreciate your help nonetheless! Thank you so much! Gahhh, I badly want to remember the game again!!
 

LordDemonio

New member
Nov 29, 2017
4
0
0
LordDemonio said:
Hello everyone i really need help on these ones,i tried to remember and look for these games really hard but the amount of details in some of these are really poor and i can't even think of a way to actually search for them.
The first one i remember a lot of details but i can't come up with a name:
-It was RTS
-It had different factions campaign,some of these were like scorpio things,another race was humans and another with mechs and blue soldiers
-A faction had these double barrel red-ish tanks that shot really fast

Second one is harder, the only thing i remember is that you had your flying ''rock'' probably a city, i'm not sure, and you had to shoot with cannons and other weapons the other flying cities and at some point there was a huge one i never managed to beat.

Third one i remember only the intro because i couldn't manage to progress in the game;
You were this martian alien thing with the spaceship and in the intro this alien starts to play like...space invaders i think and he plays so hard that he crashes on a planet,and then you gotta repair your ship.

Fourth one is really troublesome:
-You had a 4 wheels vehicle (or that's what i think)
-I remember a part where there was this ''toxic'' looking planet and you had to defend a nuclear station or something like that
-It was in 3rd person view
-I think you could do really weird jumps
-There were a lot of weird looking aliens and enemy units
That's all i remember about this one

Fifth one...i have no idea all i remember is
-it was a car game like racing i think
-i had a somewhat weird looking black and blue car
-there was a face cam like carmageddon with opponents being rude when you hit them
-there was a black haired girl (sorta realistic looking in that face cam)


If you know any of these please let me know,i kind of gave up but my curiosity to try them now is still bothering me.
I believe all of these were PC games or maybe Amiga but i'm confident that these are pc games,and also really old ones.
Thanks!
A quick repost just to say:
5th one apparently was a series called ''Twisted Metal''
 

KronoxX

New member
Oct 3, 2009
3
0
0
LordDemonio said:
Hello everyone i really need help on these ones,i tried to remember and look for these games really hard but the amount of details in some of these are really poor and i can't even think of a way to actually search for them.
The first one i remember a lot of details but i can't come up with a name:
-It was RTS
-It had different factions campaign,some of these were like scorpio things,another race was humans and another with mechs and blue soldiers
-A faction had these double barrel red-ish tanks that shot really fast

Second one is harder, the only thing i remember is that you had your flying ''rock'' probably a city, i'm not sure, and you had to shoot with cannons and other weapons the other flying cities and at some point there was a huge one i never managed to beat.

Third one i remember only the intro because i couldn't manage to progress in the game;
You were this martian alien thing with the spaceship and in the intro this alien starts to play like...space invaders i think and he plays so hard that he crashes on a planet,and then you gotta repair your ship.

Fourth one is really troublesome:
-You had a 4 wheels vehicle (or that's what i think)
-I remember a part where there was this ''toxic'' looking planet and you had to defend a nuclear station or something like that
-It was in 3rd person view
-I think you could do really weird jumps
-There were a lot of weird looking aliens and enemy units
That's all i remember about this one

Fifth one...i have no idea all i remember is
-it was a car game like racing i think
-i had a somewhat weird looking black and blue car
-there was a face cam like carmageddon with opponents being rude when you hit them
-there was a black haired girl (sorta realistic looking in that face cam)


If you know any of these please let me know,i kind of gave up but my curiosity to try them now is still bothering me.
I believe all of these were PC games or maybe Amiga but i'm confident that these are pc games,and also really old ones.
Thanks!
Okay, First one seems to be Dark Reign!
second one oh boy... How much time I spent searching for this one... Stratosphere: Conquest of the Skies !!!!! great game!
The fourth was either one of those Games that came bundled with my old ATI I remember having a few ships and they all handled awfully. Either that or it was MDK (but no car on MDK)
 

Ivan Ivke Pejovic

New member
Nov 30, 2017
1
0
0
Um hello, i need to find 2 old games. Both are kinda same.
In the first one you fight in space, you would have an spaceship and you control your ship with a mouse, and you gotta destroy enemy ships, there were boss battles i think and you could upgrade your weaponry.
In the second one you control an plane i think it was 3D or 2D platformer.Basicly you shoot other planes and they shoot at you it was very cool due to the details. When your plane gets hit you can see that your plane is damaged and you could see bullet holes etc.
 

tommyfiction

New member
Nov 30, 2017
2
0
0
Greetings everyone !
Well I'm also searching for few PC games. Probably from around 90s or early 2000s.

I don't exactly remember them.

First one had, a fair or carnival theme. I remember different colour fishes, it was kind of a race between fishes, your fish vs PC fishes because I remember they had to race around the fair, sometimes there were square shaped path on the ground and each fish will leave their own neon colour path behind. It was tricky controlling it. Fish who covers the most ground would win.

Second one was a simulation game, you have your territory marked by flags, there were tiny human labour moving around the goods, there was forestry, fishery, catapult, etc buildings, then there was your main storage building in which all the goods were stored. Probably there were other civilisations too, denoted by different colours. You can also attack their buildings. It was quiet like Tiberian Sun but unlike the modern or future theme, it's theme would rather give you stone age feeling.

I'll look forward to hearing from you. Thank you !
 

LordDemonio

New member
Nov 29, 2017
4
0
0
KronoxX said:
LordDemonio said:
Hello everyone i really need help on these ones,i tried to remember and look for these games really hard but the amount of details in some of these are really poor and i can't even think of a way to actually search for them.
The first one i remember a lot of details but i can't come up with a name:
-It was RTS
-It had different factions campaign,some of these were like scorpio things,another race was humans and another with mechs and blue soldiers
-A faction had these double barrel red-ish tanks that shot really fast

Second one is harder, the only thing i remember is that you had your flying ''rock'' probably a city, i'm not sure, and you had to shoot with cannons and other weapons the other flying cities and at some point there was a huge one i never managed to beat.

Third one i remember only the intro because i couldn't manage to progress in the game;
You were this martian alien thing with the spaceship and in the intro this alien starts to play like...space invaders i think and he plays so hard that he crashes on a planet,and then you gotta repair your ship.

Fourth one is really troublesome:
-You had a 4 wheels vehicle (or that's what i think)
-I remember a part where there was this ''toxic'' looking planet and you had to defend a nuclear station or something like that
-It was in 3rd person view
-I think you could do really weird jumps
-There were a lot of weird looking aliens and enemy units
That's all i remember about this one

Fifth one...i have no idea all i remember is
-it was a car game like racing i think
-i had a somewhat weird looking black and blue car
-there was a face cam like carmageddon with opponents being rude when you hit them
-there was a black haired girl (sorta realistic looking in that face cam)


If you know any of these please let me know,i kind of gave up but my curiosity to try them now is still bothering me.
I believe all of these were PC games or maybe Amiga but i'm confident that these are pc games,and also really old ones.
Thanks!
Okay, First one seems to be Dark Reign!
second one oh boy... How much time I spent searching for this one... Stratosphere: Conquest of the Skies !!!!! great game!
The fourth was either one of those Games that came bundled with my old ATI I remember having a few ships and they all handled awfully. Either that or it was MDK (but no car on MDK)
Oh wow it really was Stratosphere! Wow thanks. I have no idea how many years i tried to get game's name.
But the other one is not dark reign,i know that game. This game in particular was more like C&C.
All i remember is:
Humans had this double barrel red tank and the blue faction had mechs and there was a yellow faction made of insects and scorpions-like unit. Maybe there was a 4th faction too but i can't really remember :/
 

Sega

New member
Nov 30, 2017
1
0
0
Hey guys I really need some help. I remember playing this little kids game when I was younger I must have been like four or so. Making it 2004 or 2005. It's a PC game that had this little girl at the title (i think). This all took place on this little farm and you could go around and help the farm animals and talk with them. The little girl would sing the skitta merki dinky dink song sometimes. I cannot for the life of me remember anything else about the game. Someone help me I've been searching google forever with no luck. Anyone know the game I'm remember?
 

EpicMucluck

New member
Nov 30, 2017
2
0
0
Trying to find my childhood again and it's kicking my ass. All I can remember is that it's a early 2000s JRPG/RPG. It has a character that looks like a ninja with grey/white hair that shaped like sonic, a green sword, camo shorts, a mesh shirt and ridiculously big black and red boots. That's all I got-just want to know if it exists or not.
 

Hannah Gao

New member
Nov 30, 2017
1
0
0
There's a game that I desperately can't remember and thank god I found this thread, can somebody help me please? I think it is a flash game I played it on browser years ago.

It is kind of a farm/simulation game where a bunch of little aliens landed (probably crushed) on a empty space among wood. The little creatures are kind of similar to Pikumin, but with a more fluffy head, if I remember right.

I have to control them to grow crops, feed them, send them to sleep, keep them healthy and happy, and eventually help them fix the space ship and go back home.

Player has kind of a god-like? view point from sky. (Honestly I have no idea how to describe sorry, but pretty much like the LOL angle. Kind of a isometric view.)

I remember that on the right top corner is the little crop area, or at least it is where I put it. Upon command the assigned alien will work there and grow flowers, which are what they eat.

That's pretty much all I can remember for now. Please let me know if anyone has a clue because all my keyword searches failed and I'm kind of nostalgic about this game. I will be sooo happy to know the answer.

Thanks!
 

Ogoid

New member
Nov 5, 2009
405
0
0
tommyfiction said:
Greetings everyone !
Well I'm also searching for few PC games. Probably from around 90s or early 2000s.

I don't exactly remember them.

First one had, a fair or carnival theme. I remember different colour fishes, it was kind of a race between fishes, your fish vs PC fishes because I remember they had to race around the fair, sometimes there were square shaped path on the ground and each fish will leave their own neon colour path behind. It was tricky controlling it. Fish who covers the most ground would win.

Second one was a simulation game, you have your territory marked by flags, there were tiny human labour moving around the goods, there was forestry, fishery, catapult, etc buildings, then there was your main storage building in which all the goods were stored. Probably there were other civilisations too, denoted by different colours. You can also attack their buildings. It was quiet like Tiberian Sun but unlike the modern or future theme, it's theme would rather give you stone age feeling.

I'll look forward to hearing from you. Thank you !
No clue on the first, but the second reminds me of the Settlers [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Settlers] series.
 

Drew Kossy

New member
Sep 29, 2017
6
0
0
Hello.

Platform: PS3

Genre:Fantasy, split screen multiplayer

Year: 2005-2009

I remember playing this game a few times at my buddies house, it was a combat game that featured tall amazonian archers or something, and it was split screen and the one map i remember was like a space zero gravity arena indoors, and we jumped around shooting at each other and there were other weapons and power ups placed around the entire map. Obviously that wasn't the only map but thats the one I remember the most. Ive tried looking for the name of this for a while, please help!
 

SureShot2295

New member
Dec 1, 2017
1
0
0
Hello,

Platform:Windows

Genre:point n Click, Adventure, Puzzle

Year: Late 90's-2003

It's about talking adolescent birds time traveling to help build through important time periods.
I've been lately thinking about it and greatly appreciate the help, I believe it was on disc too,
Thanks
 

tommyfiction

New member
Nov 30, 2017
2
0
0
Ogoid said:
tommyfiction said:
Greetings everyone !
Well I'm also searching for few PC games. Probably from around 90s or early 2000s.

I don't exactly remember them.

First one had, a fair or carnival theme. I remember different colour fishes, it was kind of a race between fishes, your fish vs PC fishes because I remember they had to race around the fair, sometimes there were square shaped path on the ground and each fish will leave their own neon colour path behind. It was tricky controlling it. Fish who covers the most ground would win.

Second one was a simulation game, you have your territory marked by flags, there were tiny human labour moving around the goods, there was forestry, fishery, catapult, etc buildings, then there was your main storage building in which all the goods were stored. Probably there were other civilisations too, denoted by different colours. You can also attack their buildings. It was quiet like Tiberian Sun but unlike the modern or future theme, it's theme would rather give you stone age feeling.

I'll look forward to hearing from you. Thank you !
No clue on the first, but the second reminds me of the Settlers [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Settlers] series.
You're correct ! It's the settlers 2.
Thank you so much !

Now one down and one more to go. Whoa ! So close to achieve peace of mind.

Have a good day ! ^_^