Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Walkerboy

Jan 7, 2018
This thread is brilliant, hopefully you can find my games.

The first game I?ve been searching for for around 2 years when it just popped into my mind one day. I can remember playing it in the late 90?s (maybe very early 2000?s, no later than 2002). As far as I can remember it was a PC game, I think maybe one of those obscure ones you could buy from games shops. I haven?t got much to go off but i vaguely remember travelling from one location to another on a sort of flying gargoyle/dragon (pretty sure it was a gargoyle). It was a dark gothic kind of game and I can remember being able to buy things over a counter. Something in my mind tells me jewels featured heavily in the game but I can?t be certain. When flying the gargoyle I think it was controlled by the user, but it may well of been a cut scene. I can remember landing the creature in different villages for different reasons. Also when flying the gargoyle, I can remember it always seeming to be nighttime. As far as I remember the game was also set in the olden days, i.e. fire lamps in the streets instead of electric/gas.

The other game (i have no confidence in finding due to the limitied memory I have of it) was on either playstation 1 or N64(pretty certain it was PS1). I can remember it was a third person game, (i don?t recall any shooting) were you walked round (can?t really remember the point of it). The thing that sticks out for me as it was one of the first games I remember where you could get in a 3D vehicle. The vehicle i rember getting in was like a van, kind of like a mail van with seats at the front and no windows in the back, just 2 doors at the very back. There were houses and buildings there too and I vAguely remember a bridge (but nit certain).

I?ll be very impressed if anyone knows the name of these games.

Thanks in advance.

Kuba054

Jan 7, 2018
Hello everyone!
I'm looking for the game I've played like maybe 10 (?) years ago. It was on PS1 or PS2 and it was two players game (maybe there was singleplayer option but i was playing only with my cousin). When you started the game you had to choose your character (1st player choose a man and 2nd player woman) and then you started on map where there was couple black vans and your opponents who dressed in black. When you defeated them you went inside building and there you had to fight with more opponents and i remember well that you could drink from vending machine to heal up. I don't know what was then because I sucked at this game and i couldn't go further. Thanks in advance and sorry for my english because i think i did some mistakes.

tipuvlad22

Jan 7, 2018
I played this somehow pixelated 3D-ish top view and sometimes a bit of a side view car racing game, on windows XP.It was well made, not the best graphics but the shpaes were pretyy good. All the cars had the same strident sound, you could boost over jumps on the map. The races took part on snow tracks, water theme levels(I remeber having like a parking lot loop/water slide loop in it), aztec jungle, desert track, farm etc. You could drive a School Bus, a Police car etc. Hope there is someone who has a clue of what I'm talking about :))

Elite313

Jan 7, 2018
Pixelhunter said:
guyfromtheInternet said:
So me and my friend are looking are looking for a game that we used to play on PC around 2007, although we're pretty sure it was released around the end of the 90s. It's an 3D-Jump'n'Run with an character that looked like a Mix of Rayman, Crash Bandicoot and Max from Jimmy Neutron (at least that how we remember him).
The game started with a passage where you have to slide down on a lot of ice and dodge objectives. After sliding on the ice you slided into a cave where you would come to a meadow surrounded by trees and a lake in the middle. There you had to do some puzzle solving, until you came into a dungeon, where you had to do the same stuff again, until you came into the next dungeon and so on. The only dungeon i can remember was like a lava level where you had to jump on stone platforms above the lava.
I don't think we ever finished the game, so i can't tell you about the ending.
Could also be "Tonic Trouble" (1999).
Jason Edward Prather said:
I've been trying to find the name of this arcade game back in the 90s, you could have 1-4 players at once. Whenever you cleared a level you had to destroy a barrier to continue. The 3 players I remember are the ninja,(you start as the ninja)he was dressed in black, the samurai, and a muscle man, the thing is you had to fight them to get them to join your party, they are hypnotized or something and when they come to, they join you, each had a special ability, the muscle man could call down giant rocks and smash his enemies, the samurai could do flips. The last big boss is some kind of giant that has ghosts coming out of him, you had to destroy his fists and head. Does this arcade game sound familiar? It used to be in gas stations, I think it was a one word named game, I want to call it "raiden" but that does not sound right. Can't find it on google. When the Ninja wakes up the samurai he says "Huh. who are you?" that seems to be a famous line as famous as "o youken" from those fighting games
i think you are looking for the same game if anyone of you found its name ?

Elite313

Jan 7, 2018
i have been looking for a game that i found 2 people already looking for it

Hi! I really need some help. There is a game that i played at the time when red alerts 2 was released and the game is just like red alert but only with tanks, air strikes. It was green tanks vs blue tanks and you are the green one, i remember that in order to capture buildings which is the factory of different tanks you have to destroy it first then it will turn to color green and will automatically produce tank for you, you just have to indicate where the tank will go after it will be manufactured. The settings of the location is like mars a red like soil but im not sure if it is on mars. I remember that my favorite tank there is the one which its barrel is like 45 degree faces upwards and fires like a projectile like a catapult . Please help me. ( but i remember you were the blue one)

Hello,

I'm looking for old real/time strategy game with following characteristics:
- it was game when you could build different tanks in factories which could be upgraded base on scientist point to produce better/stronger units (each factory was specialized to make only one type of unit)
- you could also build walking robots from special plants
- for points you were also able to build fixed defense units to protect your factories, scientist buildings and main tower
- the main tower produced something like alien spaceship which could destroy enemy buildings/defense towers or repair yours
- you could also call special air units which destroys certain area once or bring you additional units
- there was also moving unit with the power of nuke, when it was destroyed (you were sending it as closer as possible to enemy area)
- the last mission was unreal, i have never done it :D also I remember mission where you protected 4 these nuclear units with these robots

Thanks for helping, I have a feeling, it had a word WAR in the name of the game. (yes it had the word war i it )

these are the posts if anyone know the game please tell me

Pixelhunter

Dec 21, 2014
tipuvlad22 said:
I played this somehow pixelated 3D-ish top view and sometimes a bit of a side view car racing game, on windows XP.It was well made, not the best graphics but the shpaes were pretyy good. All the cars had the same strident sound, you could boost over jumps on the map. The races took part on snow tracks, water theme levels(I remeber having like a parking lot loop/water slide loop in it), aztec jungle, desert track, farm etc. You could drive a School Bus, a Police car etc. Hope there is someone who has a clue of what I'm talking about :))
School bus, police car, 3D-ish... that often is "Ignition" (1997).

Gelos1272503

Jan 7, 2018
Hello,
Was looking for a game for a while, or better to say for a long long time.

It supposed to be lately 90-s game. First person with some RPG elements.
You start by landing on a parachute in some sort of jungle/forest. By killing 'lizzard men' and other enemies, i guess, you could get their skin and make some clothes, could use bandages, sewing kits, anidotes and so on, as i remember.
Also there is snowy mountains location.

It was more than 15 years ago, so thats all i remember. Would appreciate if someone can help me find this game.

Gelos1272503

Jan 7, 2018
Hello,
Was looking for a game for a while, or better to say for a long long time.

It supposed to be lately 90-s game. First person with some RPG elements.
You start by landing on a parachute in some sort of jungle/forest. By killing 'lizzard men' and other enemies, i guess, you could get their skin and make some clothes, could use bandages, sewing kits, anidotes and so on, as i remember.
Also there is snowy mountains location.

It was more than 15 years ago, so thats all i remember. Would appreciate if someone can help me find this game.

Leviosa

Jan 7, 2018
Well, I remember playing a game in early 2000s and I cannot remember its name. The problem is I do not recall so much from the game but what I remember is it was a third person game(it was not a shooter though) and our character game looked like a penguin to me. There were ships(boats) to transport us from a place to another place. I guess it was like we had to travel to another place to complete a mission etc... I know I do not remember much and it is very hard to guess the name with this small amount of information but still I hope somebody can recognize it.

shadowbobber

Oct 25, 2017
Leviosa said:
Well, I remember playing a game in early 2000s and I cannot remember its name. The problem is I do not recall so much from the game but what I remember is it was a third person game(it was not a shooter though) and our character game looked like a penguin to me. There were ships(boats) to transport us from a place to another place. I guess it was like we had to travel to another place to complete a mission etc... I know I do not remember much and it is very hard to guess the name with this small amount of information but still I hope somebody can recognize it.
Is it possibly the Madagascar game? there was a point where you played as penguins on a boat

Leviosa

Jan 7, 2018
shadowbobber said:
Leviosa said:
Is it possibly the Madagascar game? there was a point where you played as penguins on a boat
Nah, the person was a kind of a human but looked like a penguin, for some reason I remember the game name as LABA or LAPA for but I don't think that is the name...

shadowbobber

Oct 25, 2017
Leviosa said:
shadowbobber said:
Leviosa said:
Nah, the person was a kind of a human but looked like a penguin, for some reason I remember the game name as LABA or LAPA for but I don't think that is the name...
hmm do you recall at all what system it was on? or what it could of possibly been on?

Hakiri00

Jan 7, 2018
I can't remember the name of the game but it was on windows 95/98 and was some kind of beyblade style game where you would spam left and right arrow keys to get it going then spacebar to let it fight. every time you won you would then fight a harder opponent. i was only a few years old when playing this game so if anyone can tell me what it was i would love to know.

AWildL

Jan 7, 2018
It was a game about a boy in his brother who I think lost their parents,and them trying to survive.The main protagonist had dark hair and his brother had white hair and light blue eyes.I remember some bigger scenes of the game,them selling a plane,being captured by the Spanish Inquisition,and eventually going I think Egypt for a cure for the brother with white hair,he started puking blood.I dont really remember the ending.
Any help would be appreciated.

Pixelhunter

Dec 21, 2014
Leviosa said:
shadowbobber said:
Leviosa said:
Is that how a kid would say "Little Big Adventure"? ;-)

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
Kuba054 said:
Hello everyone!
I'm looking for the game I've played like maybe 10 (?) years ago. It was on PS1 or PS2 and it was two players game (maybe there was singleplayer option but i was playing only with my cousin). When you started the game you had to choose your character (1st player choose a man and 2nd player woman) and then you started on map where there was couple black vans and your opponents who dressed in black. When you defeated them you went inside building and there you had to fight with more opponents and i remember well that you could drink from vending machine to heal up. I don't know what was then because I sucked at this game and i couldn't go further. Thanks in advance and sorry for my english because i think i did some mistakes.
Could that have been Fighting Force?

Midwoka

Sep 13, 2016
Elite313 said:
i have been looking for a game that i found 2 people already looking for it

Hi! I really need some help. There is a game that i played at the time when red alerts 2 was released and the game is just like red alert but only with tanks, air strikes. It was green tanks vs blue tanks and you are the green one, i remember that in order to capture buildings which is the factory of different tanks you have to destroy it first then it will turn to color green and will automatically produce tank for you, you just have to indicate where the tank will go after it will be manufactured. The settings of the location is like mars a red like soil but im not sure if it is on mars. I remember that my favorite tank there is the one which its barrel is like 45 degree faces upwards and fires like a projectile like a catapult . Please help me. ( but i remember you were the blue one)

Hello,

I'm looking for old real/time strategy game with following characteristics:
- it was game when you could build different tanks in factories which could be upgraded base on scientist point to produce better/stronger units (each factory was specialized to make only one type of unit)
- you could also build walking robots from special plants
- for points you were also able to build fixed defense units to protect your factories, scientist buildings and main tower
- the main tower produced something like alien spaceship which could destroy enemy buildings/defense towers or repair yours
- you could also call special air units which destroys certain area once or bring you additional units
- there was also moving unit with the power of nuke, when it was destroyed (you were sending it as closer as possible to enemy area)
- the last mission was unreal, i have never done it :D also I remember mission where you protected 4 these nuclear units with these robots

Thanks for helping, I have a feeling, it had a word WAR in the name of the game. (yes it had the word war i it )

these are the posts if anyone know the game please tell me
I'd look at Total Annihilation [http://store.steampowered.com/app/298030/Total_Annihilation/] or Dark Reign: The Future Of War [https://www.gog.com/game/dark_reign_expansion] (both have the suicide-bomber type unit), or possibly Warzone 2100 [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warzone_2100] (pretty much solely tank-based).

Polaristherandom

Jul 19, 2016
I played this game when I was about 6-7 (I was born in 1995, so it would be around 1999).

It's was an RPG with mechanics similar to final fantasy and the closest graphics I found to it is Gorky 17 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCM4qC6E4Q4

You start off on a ship and when you leave I THINK you are on a mountain and you travel down it to get to the next area. I remember the first enemy you fight is a wolf and I THINK you pick up some sort of pipe to kill it with.

You do pick up a woman??? who becomes a member of your team.

I remember the game having a very dreary vibe, the ship you start on (if it was even a ship) was mostly metal and it was painted quite dark. I think it might have been click to move.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was impossible to find the game based on this limited information, but I thought I'd give it a go as it kept bugging me.

Thanks for everyones help :)

Taiotee

Jan 8, 2018
When I was in primary school (early 2000's) I played two games made by the same creator

One of which was a 3d boat racing game in which you were merely a boat with the giant head of your character on top of it. There were power ups if I remember correctly.

The second game was a 3d alien escape game. You were a man in a blue, shiny rubber suit and you had to shoot these weird green aliens that made a very scary sound... At least for a young kid. There was a scene in the game where you would slide down a lava chute and avoid obstacles. The characters most memorable ability was to roll along the ground infinitely if you wanted to do so