Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Spiffers

Mar 20, 2018
Karthos said:
@Spiffers

Thank You, that is exactly it!
sorry new in this forum dont really know how to comment quite yet.
No problem, I feel like it's one of the like... 5 semi-obscure games that I might know that other people have forgotten, so I'll take it

Zerek Shinigami

Mar 21, 2018
Can anyone know this game i played. It was a puzzle game. It took place in a large tower with some 100 floors or so. You shoot the enemy and make them somewhat like a snowball. I used to play this game in a gameboy sp in which we could play tons of games without inserting any cartridge. Plz does anyone know this game.

Midwoka

Sep 13, 2016
Zerek Shinigami said:
Can anyone know this game i played. It was a puzzle game. It took place in a large tower with some 100 floors or so. You shoot the enemy and make them somewhat like a snowball. I used to play this game in a gameboy sp in which we could play tons of games without inserting any cartridge. Plz does anyone know this game.
Snow Bros [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tLiajlLgL8]?

Zerek Shinigami

Mar 21, 2018

Zerek Shinigami

Mar 21, 2018
No. It was top-down view. And at the beginning you see a large tower infront of you and lightning strikes at it and the game starts. And the main charcter was like kirby But not kirby.

Midwoka

Sep 13, 2016
Zerek Shinigami said:
No. It was top-down view. And at the beginning you see a large tower infront of you and lightning strikes at it and the game starts. And the main charcter was like kirby But not kirby.
Adventures Of LoLo 2 [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ghE3X9ekQU]?

Aria

Mar 21, 2018
Browser game I played before (2010 or 2011). Its a word game much like scrabble (each letter has certain points) where you shoot the words to kill robot spiders. Basically you're a scientist trying to defend something and the spiders are there to steal it. The game has a word of the day and you get bonus points for that. Also you can upgrade your letters in a giant chemical thing after a round.

Zerek Shinigami

Mar 21, 2018
Midwoka said:
Zerek Shinigami said:
Adventures Of LoLo 2 [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ghE3X9ekQU]?
Thnks. Thats the game. Thnks a lot.

wreckeddoor

Mar 21, 2018
There was a game I played on PSX. It kind of reminds me of starcraft. I remember a lot of red on the screen and you played as vehicles if I recall correctly. There was one mission where you played as a tower I think?

John Pumperkin

Mar 21, 2018
I feel like I'm going crazy trying to remember this dang game... It had squares like Q Bert, but I remember distinctively that it was not Q Bert, on behalf of the enemies and characters. It was for PC, and I remember each map made it seem kinda like a castle. If anyone else somehow remembers what the name of this vague description of a game, you'd be helping so much.

chimobber

Mar 21, 2018
CD-ROM game played on PC,early 2000s. I used to check this game out from my local library a lot. It is a puzzle based game where you are in someone's diary/notebook/journal and you gradually start to unlock more and more pages as you progress through the game. The pages were brown in color and I remember a ladybug crawling across one of the pages.

Abhinav Tiwari

Mar 21, 2018
Hi guys,

I am really trying to remember the name of 2 old strategy games. I remember the gameplay and stuff but not the name. Both are from early 2000's time may be between 1999-2005 time and both are PC games.

1)-

-This was a PC strategy game based somewhere other than earth, maybe in some other planet with futuristic weapons and units
-Had 2 factions if I remember correctly and you could select one before starting the campaign
-Had base building, resource gathering, all through machine like units.
-There were defense towers which if build near to each other, got connected automatically through lasers so that enemies couldn't enter your base if your base was surrounded by these defense towers.
-Flying units who shot lasers, land units, all had armors and stuff and looked futuristic, just like machines and robots.
-The environment was pretty plain and had some mountains and trees and terrain was up and down and stuff but didn't look like earth.
-Base building was an integral part and had all barracks and stuff etc.

2)-

-This game was an army building strategy game somewhat like age of empires 2 but a little advanced.
-Had a Chinese theme to it.
-Had resource gathering etc by going into mines in mountains.
-Every town had a huge entry wall, gave the feeling of a castle more than a town.
-They had famines and diseases also if I remember correctly and you had to research to cancel the effects of these natural calamities.
-For attacking others you had to go out of the town wall and till the edge of the map till you arrive into a new area with a new minimap and then go into the opponent's castle area which looks similar to your castle/town with a huge wall as well.
-It was just a single CD game.
-I think the name had the word "Gold" or "golden" in it but I am not sure.

Please let me know if anyone had played similar games. I would thank u from the bottom of my heart and will pray for you. :)

Midwoka

Sep 13, 2016
Abhinav Tiwari said:
1)-

-This was a PC strategy game based somewhere other than earth, maybe in some other planet with futuristic weapons and units
-Had 2 factions if I remember correctly and you could select one before starting the campaign
-There were defense towers which if build near to each other, got connected automatically through lasers so that enemies couldn't enter your base if your base was surrounded by these defense towers.
-Flying units who shot lasers, land units, all had armors and stuff and looked futuristic, just like machines and robots.
-The environment was pretty plain and had some mountains and trees and terrain was up and down and stuff but didn't look like earth.
Sounds like Earth 2150 [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWlLxv20CyE] (though that has 3 factions). =)

Abhinav Tiwari

Mar 21, 2018
Midwoka said:
Abhinav Tiwari said:
1)-

Sounds like Earth 2150 [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWlLxv20CyE] (though that has 3 factions). =)
Thanks, man, This looks quite like that, but this is not it. The graphics were pretty advanced in that one. They were all 3d models with 2d terrain bro, quite similar to Warcraft 3 style but in space.

RoxanneHolic

Mar 21, 2018
Hi everyone.
There was an old point-and-click Nancy Drew-esk game about time traveler (and photographer) named Mey set in 20s or 30s, if I remember correctly.
Bohemian folks, stolen painting, cartoon-ish looking, there was definitely a character named GiGi, an actress or a model. It also had a prequel where protagonist met her parents in 60s or 70s.
I really hope that someone can remember it because I'm desperate by now - even the mighty Google couldn't find it.
Thanks.

Ibuuyk

Mar 26, 2011
It's this old business tycoon from the 90s where you started in the early 1900s (maybe the 20s?) and had to fill a town's street with shops (restaurant, jewelry, shopping mall, etc), except in other streets some shops would perform better than others (jewelry sold more in rich neighborhoods, per example). Over time you'd advance in years (60s, 70s, 80s up to I think "futuristic" 2000s) and as you did, you'd unlock new kinds of shops, upgrades for 'em, some shops would lose popularity and you could even spread your empire to other streets of town. It had a pretty good depth for such an old game, and I'd like to play it again sometimes.

Pixelhunter

Dec 21, 2014
Epajic said:
All right guys here?s one for you that I have no idea how to search for?

A late 90?s (Maybe even early 00?s?) Time Traveler PC game, you are a female character, in like a tan jump suit. (Think off brand Lara Croft) that has to travel through different times and collect blue gems/crystals. The only levels I remember were cavemen/gorillas and then like a wild west. At the end of the level you would jump through a blue portal. The only other thing I remember is the open scene that explains the plot you are talking to an old scientist (real original, I know). Anyone want to take a stab at this one?
"Time Commando" (1996)

stealthpouyan

Mar 21, 2018
can somebody tell me whats the name of the game which you ride a strange bird or dragon and you have a modern plasma gun or something and you fly over seas and desert and attack things. there was a boss i remember that was a big flying ship you go around it and attack several guns on that ship.

Midwoka

Sep 13, 2016
stealthpouyan said:
can somebody tell me whats the name of the game which you ride a strange bird or dragon and you have a modern plasma gun or something and you fly over seas and desert and attack things. there was a boss i remember that was a big flying ship you go around it and attack several guns on that ship.
Probably Panzer Dragoon [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peoRBj9U-jI] or one of its sequels. =)

Epajic

Mar 20, 2018
Pixelhunter said:
Epajic said:
All right guys here?s one for you that I have no idea how to search for?

A late 90?s (Maybe even early 00?s?) Time Traveler PC game, you are a female character, in like a tan jump suit. (Think off brand Lara Croft) that has to travel through different times and collect blue gems/crystals. The only levels I remember were cavemen/gorillas and then like a wild west. At the end of the level you would jump through a blue portal. The only other thing I remember is the open scene that explains the plot you are talking to an old scientist (real original, I know). Anyone want to take a stab at this one?
"Time Commando" (1996)
YAAAASSSSSSSS, Thank you!! Not sure why I thought it was a female character...