Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

lawrencein

Nov 20, 2009
Douglas Langley said:
Hey guys, i finally got a bunch of emulators and theres one game i just remembered. All i know is its a sony game, most likely PS2. i remember seeing a friend play it. it seemed to be an rpg/hack n slash kinda game. the most recognizable thing about it was something about how you had to pick up and carry some thing around and then place it before you fight. the thing made a circle around you and you could only fight enemies/travel while in that circle. i think there was evil or pollution or something outside the circle and youd lose life or something. so basically while traveling through the world you had to carry this thing with you and drop it before you fight or explore small areas. the circle wasnt that big. i cant remember if you had a party or not. one other thing i remember is two of the items from the game. a golden apple and a rainbow banana. apparently characters preferred certain items. anyway thats all i got. ive been racking my brain on this for awhile now and cant for the life of me think of the game.

Thanks for any help!
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_Crystal_Chronicles] for the Gamecube

Douglas Langley

Jul 6, 2013
lawrencein said:
Douglas Langley said:
Hey guys, i finally got a bunch of emulators and theres one game i just remembered. All i know is its a sony game, most likely PS2. i remember seeing a friend play it. it seemed to be an rpg/hack n slash kinda game. the most recognizable thing about it was something about how you had to pick up and carry some thing around and then place it before you fight. the thing made a circle around you and you could only fight enemies/travel while in that circle. i think there was evil or pollution or something outside the circle and youd lose life or something. so basically while traveling through the world you had to carry this thing with you and drop it before you fight or explore small areas. the circle wasnt that big. i cant remember if you had a party or not. one other thing i remember is two of the items from the game. a golden apple and a rainbow banana. apparently characters preferred certain items. anyway thats all i got. ive been racking my brain on this for awhile now and cant for the life of me think of the game.

Thanks for any help!
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_Crystal_Chronicles] for the Gamecube
Thank you so much! i thought it seemed final fantasy-ish but i didnt even think of it actually being one. however this was the same friend who showed me final fantasy VIII, X, and the like. Thank you again! sucks that gamecube is the only emulator i dont have yet, welp time to grab one. and i think i even have a controller laying around. if not i can just map it to my ps3 or 360 like i did with my other games. starfox 64 on ps3 controller so fun :D

AnimeVagrant

Jul 6, 2013
Hi, sorry if my english sucks, uhm, the last few days I have been searching for games that I watched my older brothers play when I was a kid, and I almost found all of them, but there is one that I can't find... and my brothers don't remember at all.. maybe some of the details could be wrong but, I only remember a Labyrinth... to be specific a Garden Maze, you had to escape from something, I have soooome memories of a witch or something like that.... you had to select the direction you wanted to go and if you went for the wrong place, there was some game over scene, like a ugly plant eating you or something like that... I'm not sure but I think the protagonist was a teenager... and the graphics were like cartoon, not like a game,it was more like watching a tv show... like Monkey Island 3 and the last thing I remember, is somewhere in the middle of the maze was a fountain or something like that, with poison water, and you had to jump some ceramics or stones on the floor/inside the fountain, to get somewhere and if you step the wrong ceramic/stone it was game over.... I hope someone can help me fing what is this game I talk about, please xD oh, and it was for PC...

jasonic240

Jul 6, 2013
plzplzplzplzplzplz help me here ive been trying to find this game for years i played it when i was little it was like a 3d tower defence game where you had to kill these little green things. you could pick them up with your cursor, which is a hand and fling them, the bomb ones would explode and there was spiky ones you couldnt pick up i played it on windows xp and i remember 2 of the towers one of them was a nuke that self destruced itself and the other was a factory that made poison gas and there was a cutscene about the enemies whining about getting sick from the gas while standing behind a wall. the graphics were fairly cartoony and bright, again plzplzplz help me find this game

Snograt

rattus rattus
Jun 18, 2013
somatoform said:
Oh may lord!!! My love for the Internet and all of its possibilities, wealth of randomness and topics like this one has increased enormously!

There is an old game that has been in my mind for some time now. I think it was from the late 80's early 90's. I played it as a kid but could not pass the first screen lol. I thought it was an Incredible Hulk game for the longest time but I could not find any info online about it.
It was text based like Hugo's House of Horrors but the animations were like still cells that changed (i assume they change but I wouldn't know for sure since I couldn't get past the first screen) as you progress through the game.

Anyway, the game begins with the hero (who, for some reason, I thought was Bruce Banner)sitting in a chair, blindfolded and hands and feet tied up. He is in what looks like a dark jail cell with a small window in the background letting just enough light in to see the character. The only way to move through the game is by typing text commands such as:

"Call for help"
(screen answers)--> You did, nothing happened.

"Break the ropes"
(screen answers)--> You tried, but are tied too tightly. (or something to that effect)

This goes on and on as I tried many commands. "chew through ropes", "get angry", "knock over chair", "untie ropes"...etc..

Does this ring any bells with anyone here?
I can only hope at least one other person shares in my madness so I can sleep well believing that this is not just a figment of my own mind...:D
Actually, this one sounds much more like Scott Adams' Questprobe: The Hulk. It was the first of a trilogy of Marvel cash-ins and they were all terrible, unlike Adams' earlier work.

drumstix14

Jul 7, 2013
Ok, I'm trying to remember a game that I played a long time ago, like on a free online game website that I loved. I'll try to describe it the best I can remember. So you have a little round robot that you don't control personally, but it fights for you against another round robot. You can buy upgrades for it, like armor and better weapons for it to fight with. There's 10 different stages, and you can buy more robots to fight with, as long as they don't exceed the weight limit for that round. If anyone can tell me the name of this game it would be greatly appreciated! Email me the name of the game if you can please! Email is [email protected]

Genifurr Ryann

Nov 3, 2011
I have a game that I've been looking for, for years! I can see what it looks like in my head but I can't think of the name of it for the death of me. It's a PC game, I want to say it's in the 90's, but I'm not sure. You play as a little boy with orange hair and everything is cartoonish. You live in a big house with other people, it's like a big apartment house of some sort? With plenty of weird characters. You start off going to the kitchen because it's diner time, but your older sister says that the diner menu or whatnot is missing and you need to go find it somewhere in the house. From going to room to room and picking up things and solving puzzles to get different things in return for other things you get deeper into the house and what not. That's all I can remember. I do remember certain things about certain rooms. I remember you having to do a puzzle in the bathroom with boats or something. I remember having to get something from a soda machine. Getting milk from a cow that was in the kitchen. There was a certain room that you couldn't get into unless you had a vip pass. Haha. This was my favorite game to play as a kid, and I really want to remember what it is called and find it and play it and be happy. Haha. Can anyone help me out, please? :)

I've already posted this, but the forum wasn't that active when I posted so now I'm hoping someone can help me please.

shawnarae5

Jul 7, 2013
This is going to be pretty vague, but it's really bothering me. My brother and I used to play this game on a computer, but I can't remember if it was a cd game or an online game. We played it probably around 5 or 6 years ago, so around 2006. I remember that you were a fighter character with a pet dog. You would walk around a town trying to get a quest to go fight in a castle/ dungeon. There were many levels in the castle and the further down you went the higher the level of the monsters. The quests would be to kill a certain amount of a certain kind of monster. There were chests and boxes in the castle that you could open that would give you things such as weapons, stamina, manna, coins, ect. If you needed more money you could send your dog back to town to sell items you didn't need. there were potions to restore health, stamina, and manna at the town to buy. As you played the game you would earn experience points and level up along the way. You could find better weapons and better clothing in higher levels or buy them from the clothing store in town. That's all I can remember right now and it might not make sense or might be too vague, but thanks for trying to help! :)

Chet Jordan

Jul 2, 2013
I used to play a game on the PC in the days of 95/98 where you were a warrior starting at the top level of a dungeon. On the top level you can buy things like armor and weapons. As you descend the levels you encounter monsters such as trolls, giants, vampires, werewolves, mummies, and wraiths. You have the option to talk to or attack these monsters. At times your talking gains you information on how to destroy the dragon. At other times, you will get a message stating "The [Monster] says nothing, it just attacks!" I have been thinking about this game recently and am unable to find anything regarding a name. I've ran searches every way I can think to run them with no luck. Does anyone have any idea so I might revisit this game?

EDIT: I have also remembered this was a Shareware game and possibly a DOS game. Seems like I may have gotten it when AOL was the best way to access dial-up. It would also seem like it had an odd name that didn't seem (at least to my childhood self) to have anything to do with the game.

Jackinabox2

Jul 7, 2013
Hi there everyone, Im looking for a game that came out a while ago. I cant remember if it was for PC or playstation, it was very SEGA looking, you start off in a cabin out in the snow and proceed outside to where you have to complete an objective involving a moose head of sorts on a car then proceed further where you end up cutting a hole in the ice. Really vague description but id appreciate the help, thanks in advance.

Claudia Montano

Jul 7, 2013
I've been remembering this game for quite some time now and it's annoying me that I can't find it/remember what it's called!

It's for the PC!

There was a little village with animal people - specifically a snake (adder) that wouldn't let you pass, a pink elephant, a family of mice on a cliff-area... and I think an asian dog. All fully clothed (apart from the adder). You were an Asian (I think Japanese) man that would run around the village and help villagers! I remember something about a hot air balloon too.

I haven't played it since I was about 10, so that's 14 years ago now!

Any ideas?

Tarrker

Jun 18, 2008
There was an arcade game I played more than any other when I was a teenager. I've been trying to track it down in recent years but I just have no clue what it's called. Luckily I can still recall the game with vivid clarity, however. It was a classic side scrolling, beat-em-up game very much like Golden Axe or those D&D arcade games and the whole game revolved around climbing this epic tower from floor to floor. You'd start outside and battle your way up and I'm pretty sure you could choose different routes. There were different characters you could play as and you could rescue other characters along the way that would fight by your side in pretty much the same way those floating orbs from Gradius would fight by your side. But they all had different classes like rogues or mages. You also got points for picking up treasure and rescuing townsfolk. The game appeared in the arcade at my local mall sometime in the 90's and it was just my favorite thing ever. If anyone can help me track this game down I will be eternally grateful.

Mahmoud Alzawi

Jul 7, 2013
Hey you guys, I really appreciate this thread... You see there was this ONE game in my childhood (Other than digimon) That I loved playing, but my brother destroyed the CD, I remmember quite a few things about the game, please help me find it.

I recall it was an singleplayer and multiplayer game. If you played singleplayer, you would start in a very big cave, and you would have a grapple hook, and if I remmember right, the character was blue all over, but that was also hard to see because of the darkness. There were a few people you could kill down there (I could never get past that place, being 5 years old and all) And on multiplayer, there was this big platform, where you could control your character, and make them run around, gather bonuses(Speed bonus etc) to help them anihilate the others, you couldn't play as the character from singleplayer, but I remmember this one guy. He had a staff, big gray wings, I dont think you could see his face, imagine magneto's helmet from X-men. And he had lazer shooting eyes.

If you recognize this game, Pleaaaase~ Tell me :3

Cameron Shuttlewood

Jul 7, 2013
It's not really old but I had an RPG game for xbox where you started in a cave system (The whole game might have been in caves, I never got far). My vague memory sees it as a pretty standard RTS with swords and clubs and what have you but I do remember an interesting spellcasting system based on runes, I think you had to learn ways to combine them and cast the different spells. Also there were either puzzle elements or it was just easy to get lost as I was probably 10 at the time and generally got frustrated and gave up. I mentioned it was set in caves but there were some areas with stone walls I think, or very small settlements/forts.. Sorry my memory sucks but I'd love to revisit this game.

Cameron Shuttlewood

Jul 7, 2013
Cameron Shuttlewood said:
It's not really old but I had an RPG game for xbox where you started in a cave system (The whole game might have been in caves, I never got far). My vague memory sees it as a pretty standard RTS with swords and clubs and what have you but I do remember an interesting spellcasting system based on runes, I think you had to learn ways to combine them and cast the different spells. Also there were either puzzle elements or it was just easy to get lost as I was probably 10 at the time and generally got frustrated and gave up. I mentioned it was set in caves but there were some areas with stone walls I think, or very small settlements/forts.. Sorry my memory sucks but I'd love to revisit this game.
Nevermind, just found it by googleing "List of xbox games" and looking down it, it was Arx Fatalis (thank god it started with 'A')

CreatedAMadman

Jul 4, 2013
Anyone know this game? There was a game I played in like the mid-90s a couple times at the arcade. It was a Tengen video game. You played as an airplane that shot other planes, flying objects and machines on the ground. You collect power ups and such. Often there would be waves of ships that would fly in in circular patterns, shooting at you. At the end of the first level, there was a boss that consisted of two spider-like crawling machines with four legs. Anyone have any ideas?

I believe it was Tengen because the console had the Tengen logo on the top.

jasonic240

Jul 6, 2013
plzplzplzplzplzplz help me here ive been trying to find this game for years i played it when i was little it was like a 3d tower defence game where you had to kill these little green things. you could pick them up with your cursor, which is a hand and fling them, the bomb ones would explode and there was spiky ones you couldnt pick up i played it on windows xp and i remember 2 of the towers one of them was a nuke that self destruced itself and the other was a factory that made poison gas and there was a cutscene about the enemies whining about getting sick from the gas while standing behind a wall. the graphics were fairly cartoony and bright, again plzplzplz help me find this game

Ruben Wentrup

Jul 7, 2013
Looking for an 80s early 90s driving game, the levels ranged from driving in what was like a road above a city where the road would be broken at times and u had to jump to the desert to something similar to a forest. What I remember the most is that there were powerups along the way and each time you collected energy (fuel) it wud shout ?energy? and that in the city level you had to overtake the boss in order to get past the level. Oh and also there was a point in the game as you are racing against time when you go through dinosaur bones. you got to chose from 3 types of cars, a f1 car, a sports car and a racing truck. and always when you lose you heard: "You've run out of energy!"
I still know the in's and out's of this game but only the name is lost in memory!

rizen

Jul 7, 2013
Hey,

I was trying to remember the last couple of days a game which I once played. I don't remember if it was really good or bad, but well I still remember something... in any case it's driving me insane and I'd like to play it again just to get it out of my head - any help would be appreciated! :)

I will try to give at much details as I can remember:

Platform: PC, 3D Game
Genre: Scifi Shooter, not sure if it was FPS or 3rd person view, may have been both? maybe even a bit horror
Age: I really can't remember, it's definetly atleast 3 years old, should be even older - like 2005-2008ish? (Guessing here!)
Setting: As far as I can get it together, you were fighting with I believe fairly normal guns(a bit more futuristic ofc), some kind of alien species on another planet.

A few more things I remember that you were fighting in a squad, I am not sure if you could switch the protagonist or had to chose a class/protagonist from the squad. While the enemies were attacking you, you had to hold them off, while slowly going forward. It was kind of like a wave system, but instead of holding the base you were slowly moving forwards.
I believe you could revive your teammates, but not sure on this one. Afaik I had always ammo issues and it wasn't that easy of a game. For the enemies I have some kind of "black-liquid-like" alien species in my mind, but that could be wrong. Having a hard time piecing it together.

In my mind the game was a bit more mature/serious.

I went through game lists already trying to figure it out myself, or hoping the name might pop up - but no luck. So if anyone has any ideas I would be really thankful - if I can think of more informations I will add them of course!

bohzak

Jul 8, 2013
if anyone can help with this i'd be really grateful.. this game was a 2d platformer on windows 95/98/dos where you had to escape from alcatraz or an asylum full of insane inmates, graphics were cartoony and somewhat disturbing (to a young kid at least). thanks!