Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Dark Lantern

Jul 26, 2013
Ah cheers mate! You seem to know your games like the back of your hand xD. My memory alas fails me at the best of times D:.

azuderu

Jul 29, 2013
I remember a game from my childhood. I was around 3-4 yo so it's pretty hard to remember.

I remember balls with numbers on them. It was a kind of arcade game where you had to move balls on steelyard and the game had probably something to do with math/balance. Dark background. There were also bombs and stuff to move if I remember right.

Game was probably, if not on DOS, on Windows 95.

dementedidiot

Jul 29, 2013
Sorry but this is all I have to give from memory. Old nes game. Starts out with a house where you choose a character out of the several in there. Each with their own skill and I believe you go down into the ground to battle creatures and such. I believe there was a kid or two, a large man, all I got. It was like a family or something. Driving me nuts

Blix77

Aug 29, 2012
There are more than one game in the series I am looking for. I remember 3 games, one was a beat em up game where you had to save a girl. The characters were tiny. One was a sort of fighting/karate game. There were 4 dojos or different types of fighters to choose from. They were wearing 4 different color uniforms( red, blue green, white I believe) and there were like 5 fighters in each dojo. And the last game was some sort of challenge game, I remember the characters had to fight to knock a bell in one of the challenges, there was a race involved in another. These games all share the same characters. I remember you could pick up rocks or other objects and throw them at the enemy. Thanks for the help.

cosmiclegacy

Jul 30, 2013
Hi there, hopefully anyone can help me remember this game my brother, cousin and I used to play.

I remember playing it around the early 2000's and actually renting it from a game shop called All Fun and Games.

You chose a character to play as and would compete against the other characters to win points/coins/medals(?) and get to sit atop the podium.

I believe one of the characters was clad in orange and named Mikey while another was clad in blue and named Bob(?).

I remember one of the competitions required you to throw boxes at your oppenents.

So basically a competition type game where challengers battle each other to win points in the various(?) mini-games and the one with the most points is the overall winner.

Very vague I know but any clues would be a huge help. Thx

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
jenjimgb said:
Hi all, I am in need of some help. I have been searching for this game for years, so hopefully one of you remembers this. It was a PC CD-Rom game I used to play when I was a kid. You adopted a cat at the beginning and brought it home to your house, and took care of it. There was a kitchen room, and you could go outside. It was 2D, and pretty simple. I think the name was something like CATS or CATZ or maybe PETS, but I cannot seem to find it anywhere, if anyone knows what I am referring to please help! Thanks!
Yeah, you had it right, that's definitely the Catz series. There were 5 of these games in all. Catz, Catz 1, Catz 2, Catz 3, etc. It was also called "Petz" sometimes because there were also Dogz games you could also play. Later in the series (Catz 4 and Catz 5) you could install the Catz and Dogz games together, and have them play together.

The series actually still exists...but it's 3D now and isn't about adopting and taking care of them anymore. It's got you playing as a cat going through really cheesy storylines and such. God I miss these games :-(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petz

Roflexis

Jul 30, 2013
PLEASE HELP! I registered just to gain access to the superior knowledge of this forum.

So, I can't be sure but I THINK this was on PS2. It was definitely a Japanese studio.

You play a kid trying to escape and destroy some lab where they are experimenting on you. You shoot yourself up with different syringes that give you different powers. There's another kid that you're helping, or is helping you, maybe a sibling. Very sad game.

Thanks in advance!

Doomgriever

Jul 15, 2013
Roflexis said:
PLEASE HELP! I registered just to gain access to the superior knowledge of this forum.

So, I can't be sure but I THINK this was on PS2. It was definitely a Japanese studio.

You play a kid trying to escape and destroy some lab where they are experimenting on you. You shoot yourself up with different syringes that give you different powers. There's another kid that you're helping, or is helping you, maybe a sibling. Very sad game.

Thanks in advance!
Galerians? (PS1) ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz67cGA0rus )

direkiller

Dec 4, 2008
Kcrafton said:
I have, for years, been searching for the name of an SNES game I used to play when I was young. (Somewhere between 4 and 7 years old) It has pretty much haunted me for years. The only thing i have to go off of in identifying it is a couple of mental still images in my head.

It was a basic platformer. When I look back on it, it makes me think of Mario without coins/blocks/etc.

I vaguely remember the first level being snow-based. I seem to recall it was snowing in the game. That's about all I have on that level.

The other level I recall took place on top of a train. You'd work your way along the roof of the train, while the train was speeding.

Something else I vaguely remember, the character you played was small. I want to say he was orange (don't quote me on that) but could be wrong. I remember when you hit down, he reminded me as a bit of a bolt. The top and bottom half were both grayish.

S'about all I got on it. x.x

Thanks in advance. :3

EDIT: Also, might be worth noting, that the graphics weren't massively outstanding. They made me think of the earlier years of the SNES.

<Kentachi
complete shot in the dark, aero the acrobat

Roflexis

Jul 30, 2013
Doomgriever said:
Roflexis said:

Thanks in advance!
Galerians? (PS1) ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz67cGA0rus )
OMFG Yes! /bow to your superior powers

tamofeio

Jul 30, 2013
i would like to know whats the name of a game in which you are a pink haired character, human most likely, and i believe its an rpg or action rpg for ps1. It starts with a 2D cutscene of the ground shattering and the pink haired character saving a bunch of chicks from a tree and jumping over the enormous crack on the ground.

kassym123

Jul 29, 2013
kassym123 said:
The game is (apparently) a very early 3D shooter, it also had 3d car-driving levels, not like gta but with the levels being either car or 3rd person shooter.

I remember the following levels: shooter in some blue-ish colored corridors, with windows that broke if you shot them but didn't shatter. After that you went to some basement warehpuse or smth, the charachter said "knock knock" in the begging and reloaded a gun. In this level you had to blow up some barrels in order to get to the next part of the warehouse.
The car levels were I think during night-time, in one you drove on a highway and had to turn left to some country road and you could drive through a wooden house and destroy it. In another one you were in a city and had to disarm a bomb of some kind (?), there were other cars on the street.

(sorry if that was already asked, didn't look through the 258 pages of the thread)
anyone please :O
it was something like die hard trilogy, but it wasn't die hard trilogy itself

z3tzilla

Sep 8, 2010
dementedidiot said:
Sorry but this is all I have to give from memory. Old nes game. Starts out with a house where you choose a character out of the several in there. Each with their own skill and I believe you go down into the ground to battle creatures and such. I believe there was a kid or two, a large man, all I got. It was like a family or something. Driving me nuts
Something like Legacy of the Wizard?

Blix77 said:
There are more than one game in the series I am looking for. I remember 3 games, one was a beat em up game where you had to save a girl. The characters were tiny. One was a sort of fighting/karate game. There were 4 dojos or different types of fighters to choose from. They were wearing 4 different color uniforms( red, blue green, white I believe) and there were like 5 fighters in each dojo. And the last game was some sort of challenge game, I remember the characters had to fight to knock a bell in one of the challenges, there was a race involved in another. These games all share the same characters. I remember you could pick up rocks or other objects and throw them at the enemy. Thanks for the help.
Definitely games from Kunio-kun (Nekketsu) series by Technos.
First one sounds a lot like River city Ransom.
The fighting/karate game is probably Nekketsu Kakuto Densetsu.
As for the challenge games... I think there were several, so, i guess, it's either Downtown Nekketsu Koshinkyoku: Soreyuke Daiundokai or Bikkuri Nekketsu Shinkiroku: Harukanaru Kin Medal (a.k.a Crash'n the Boys)

jojo786

Jul 29, 2013
Coldie said:
jojo786 said:
Anybody remember a PC-based game, around about 1992 to 1995, about a cave man that ran around with a club eating fruit and meat. It was a standard 2D based game, where you had to move left to right to get to the end of the level. You jumped over stuff, and beat things with the club, which got you points or fruit.
Sounds very much like Prehistorik or Prehistorik 2.
Wow, thats it. Brilliant

jojo786

Jul 29, 2013
Doomgriever said:
jojo786 said:
Anybody remember a PC-based game, around about 1992 to 1995, about a cave man that ran around with a club eating fruit and meat. It was a standard 2D based game, where you had to move left to right to get to the end of the level. You jumped over stuff, and beat things with the club, which got you points or fruit.
Joe & Mac ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2deXbSeSas )
Thanks, as noted later, it was actually Prehistorik

Grayjack

Jan 22, 2009
There was a point and click adventure game that I can't remember. All I remember is that there was a girl who didn't have any legs sitting in a weird chair at one point. I think the game was made in the 2000's.

Daphne Yeo

Jul 28, 2013
Daphne Yeo said:
Help please! There was this Japanese dinosaur pc game I played in the 90s. The purpose of the game is to defeat other Dinos in each level. Each level there would be stones I can use to hit the enemies. In higher levels there would be reflecting purple rubber rings. There was this purple Dino that would leave clouds of farts around and in advanced levels there's fast moving dinosaur birds.

Help me out please? I'll really appreciate it.

Victoria Smith

Jul 29, 2013
Victoria Smith said:
okay guys, there is this game i played when i was like 12 and since i have moved i have not for the life of me been able to remember the name of it. the game it self got lost in the move. okay so anyway here is the best description i can think of:

Okay so the game took place on these moon like planets inhabited by alien creatures that you had to kill every now and then. i believe it started out with two characters, it was a top down rts style kinda game with 3D graphics. You mined resources to support your little colony which housed your characters and was dependent on electric to run. you had to care for your characters main needs like medical, food, fun,ect. the combat was kinda auto... it kinda ticked me off at points...

I dont know if someone already found this game or not, but i signed up here to post this to put my mine at ease. I am not sure if this game even exists anymore but it should, its not that old... but if anyone can help me i would be most appreciative
Some extra details i forgot to include. I had it on the pc. it was around the 2002 - ish year. umm throughout the game as the missions were completed you would recieve more people for your space colony type shelter. I am not exactly sure about the whole mining aspect. if im missing anything i will post more as i remember. unless someone knows what i am talking about?

lone wander 65

Jul 30, 2013
hi
I remember playing a game when I was around 6 but never completing it due me being scared.
the protagonist of the game was a little red devil with big yellow eyes. his head was probably as big as his body.
I don't remember the story but I do remember there were shadow monsters that could only be killed with a source of light.
I also remember light monsters that could be killed with shadows.

the concept of the game was unusual, I think the game was set inside a castle.
when the protagonist loses all his lives a game over screen occurs where he is in boxing ring and is punched in the face by a boxing glove on a machine(this is completely unrelated to the actual game).

this is all I can remember. the graphics and design look as though it was made in 2003.
I would very much appreciate it if I could get the name and possibly a link to some video footage of it
thank you :).

Deadlywere

Mar 25, 2011
Ok so i have two games that have been floating in my memory now.
The first game i remember nearly nothing about but that it was a typing game on the pc where the character that you controlled moved away from you when you typed.
The second game is a mcdonalds game that my cousin had on the pc, which was located in a jungle. Hopefully someone can tell me what these two are so i can see all the nostalgia.