Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

MrOmNomNom3

Aug 9, 2013
lazuri said:
PLEASE HELP.

I am looking for a game set in space from the (i think) early-mid or mid 1990's.

The game was comprised of two parts:

- The first part was comprised of choosing/modifying/updating/replacing your spaceship. You updated with credits or something like that you got from the second bit.
- The second part was 3D first person shooter against AI enemy spaceships, set in space, good graphics for the era, pretty much dogfights potentially against multiple spaceships.

In the first bit, you started off with a crappy spaceship, then you chose one of two available roots/paths/teams (one with white spaceships, one with brown). All spaceships had names, i think one of the later white ones was called 'archangel' or something along those lines.

I don't think there were any people or characters personified in at all, all spaceships.

You came up against different enemy spaceship-types as you progressed, all enemy 'groups' had their own names too, one of the really hard enemies were described as having 'one known photograph' which was a blur to make it sound notorious.

You completed a dogfight set in space, then went back to the other bit where you modified your ship or upgraded it and stoof, and then that's how you progressed, little story i think.

thank you for any help.
Tyrian 2000?

OldGamerGuy

Aug 9, 2013
266 pages of posts. After reading 20+ page I'm not sure the most efficient way to do this.

I loved a game in the Command & Conquer genre that I played on Win95. It had Scarab artillery that could be closed up and take less damage. It had infantry like the terminator. It had freighters that harvested some sort of resource. It had scouts that could be cloaked and looked like a daisy.

It had a series of escalating scenarios that introduced additional units until the final one that was a 3 way contest.

I loved this because there were scenarios that I play through without losing a single unit (but with lots of reloads). Mostly with scouts and artillery. So much fun!

Thanks for help.

You know describing things helped me remember something and then I found it! Dark Reign!

http://darkreign.magnetar.net/Home/About/

drumsandmotorcycles

Jul 28, 2013
Doomgriever said:
drumsandmotorcycles said:
hello all, hopefully i can get a little help here. the game was a pc 2d side scroller from early to mid 90s. you play with a little blonde guy with blue pants and red shirt. you have to jump around some platforms and find different colored keys to progress. i think you have a gun too. you pick up some other stuff also like gems/coins/fruit. it came in the computer when they gave it to me and you launched it by typing something like c:/dos "name of the game" (i feel like it was something with runner or ranger, but it wasnt lode runner). it was a big black floppy disc computer they game for taking a computer class at itt gilfillan if anybody else did the same.
Duke Nukem 2? ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clnR6EwmeVI&t=30s )
Doomgriever said:
drumsandmotorcycles said:
hello all, hopefully i can get a little help here. the game was a pc 2d side scroller from early to mid 90s. you play with a little blonde guy with blue pants and red shirt. you have to jump around some platforms and find different colored keys to progress. i think you have a gun too. you pick up some other stuff also like gems/coins/fruit. it came in the computer when they gave it to me and you launched it by typing something like c:/dos "name of the game" (i feel like it was something with runner or ranger, but it wasnt lode runner). it was a big black floppy disc computer they game for taking a computer class at itt gilfillan if anybody else did the same.
Duke Nukem 2? ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clnR6EwmeVI&t=30s )
interesting how it matches my description of the game but sadly, this wasnt it. thank you still

BloodyGuy

Jul 28, 2013
Doomgriever said:
BloodyGuy said:
It's none of you showed there but rly thanks for trying :)
The most similar i think is King's Bounty games or Hammer of The Gods and graphics also seems a little the same.
But when i fight You can go up, right, down, left (ont just right, left like in other games)- what i mean is that yo see not from a side but from the up(sky) about old im not sure (I think it's reales about 2002-2005. I really know that i got this game from free but i dont remember if its from CD or internet download. thats all I can give. :)
Thanks for Help!
Ok this is all the info of the game i found so can't veryfy anything, but could this be it?
Fight For Fame ( http://www.old-games.com/download/5243/fight-for-fame )
Sorry but that's not it ( even tough the games really look similar ).
I remembered that at beggining in your army was - Yourslef, 2 Farmers and a dog.
thanks for all your help anyway :))

Thomas Blakeley

Aug 10, 2013
Hello I am trying to find out the name of an old PS2 game my girlfriend is trying to find. Her basic description of the game is that the lead girl character is dressed in a silver suit and throughout the game you can buy others and they do different things maybe. The other suits could be green, blue, red, and etc. Also it is a third person over the shoulder game. She believes combat in it was possibly melee style.

chizhio

Aug 10, 2013
Hello!

I am searching for an old(obscure?) arcade sidscroller. You could control one of four different characters. One that I remember had a white suit and white long hair. There was also a skiing level I think, and there was a bald guy aswell that you could play as. The villain was a skeleton(?) like dude. If it helps I played it at an arcade in either Spain or italy. The game must have been made around 1990-1999.

If anybody could help me I would be so thankful.

mrmegaminer[games]

Aug 10, 2013
ok the game is on ps2
all i remember is in the first mission you are some agent guy and you have to kill people and some where during the mission you climb on the side of a high ledge
then in a later mission you have to climb on metal plating above a car in a mall
also there are money pick ups

Nenneno

Aug 10, 2013
I have two games. Both from late 90s I think, around 98-99 perhaps.
First game was a first person ( I think) action adventure/fantasygame. I mostly just played a game mode on it that was like an arena though. It was like two sides divided by lava or water I think, where you would fight enemies. First a skeleton, then 2 skeletons, then an ogre, then a skeleton and an ogre and so on. Or some classes like them.
I think this might have had a decently well-known name, but not sure.

EDIT: After browsing through another old games-list, i found that this must have been Die By The Sword.

The other game was kind of a strategy fantasy adventure game. I partly remember some of the stages in the game.
First stage was a village I think, where you should kill all enemies, might be some kind of undead.
Another stage was where you, and I think this time you controlled a bunch of dwarves among others, should invade a castle.
Another stage was playing through many of the rooms in the castle.
The last stage I can remember, I didnt play the game through, was you with all of your forces standing on the castle grounds in formation, just waiting for the waves of enemies to come.
I think there were some small cutscenes in between stages, but not sure. I'm pretty sure that on some of the stages, if not all, you were controlling dwarves, but I think there were other people too.
Would appreciate any help.

Edit: And after going through all pc games released in 98 and 99 on wikipedia, I found out the second one was Myth 2: Soulblighter.

Disha Sharma

Aug 10, 2013
hii pleaseee help me.. i cant remmber one game in which the graphics were like there used to be one statue of liberty type man and game was all about matching blocks. There used to be very good music in the background and name as something like
"jewels... " not able to remmber further. this game used to come with circus mario and contra casette. Please help me.. !!
Thanks

Richie West

Aug 10, 2013
This is a game from the 90's for Playstation 1. When you first start playing, there's a scene of a scientist in lab, and a purple creature(?) is in a tube. I can't really remember how, but at some point the purple guy escapes (and I think the scientist is either kidnapped or killed). When you start playing, you play as the purple guy, and you are in a town at night, walking around the streets and you can jump on top of cars. I never really got far in the game, but I really would love to figure out what it was.

Wael Qenawy

Aug 10, 2013
Hi All :

I am trying to remember a VEDIO fighting game but i cannot really..

I DONOT KNOW IF IT SNK OR CAPCOM OR WHAT !!

Wish if any one can help me..i was play it on 1993..

game is contain of 6 fighters (semi naked Spanish female- female Chinese teenager fighter - old small man with hummer - japanees figter with blue suite - american fighter - big old man with green suite (my be from Greece)..
in the final the player is the same but in gold suite

thx

dsolis

Aug 10, 2013
I remember seeing a Ghostbusters like arcade game in early 90's at Hershey Park and don't remember the title for it. Its not "The Real Ghostbusters".In this game the Ghostbusters would catch the ghosts on the beam, then throw the trap. The trap would open and suck the ghost into it. It was a 2d overhead scroller, and it was awesome. I've looked everywhere in Google to find this game and have not had any luck. All I find is that lame 1987 data east real Ghostbusters arcade and new ones like sanctum slime. Someone suggested that it might have been a Japanese import(by the way its not Meikyuu Hunter G either its a clone of The Real Ghostbusters). Please help.. Thank you

Doomgriever

Jul 15, 2013
Richie West said:
This is a game from the 90's for Playstation 1. When you first start playing, there's a scene of a scientist in lab, and a purple creature(?) is in a tube. I can't really remember how, but at some point the purple guy escapes (and I think the scientist is either kidnapped or killed). When you start playing, you play as the purple guy, and you are in a town at night, walking around the streets and you can jump on top of cars. I never really got far in the game, but I really would love to figure out what it was.
Jersey Devil ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deTuAaOTZzY )

mayfly118

Aug 11, 2013
,Hi,
I'm trying to find the name of an old racing game. It's a 2D Nascar style racing game. It was a side view and you raced around an oval style track. The controls were strange for a racing game. On the straits left and right increased your speed. Up and down move you that way on the track. On the corners at each end you had to slow down to a certain speed first and if I remember right it turned your automatically. I think it was a shareware game in the 90's maybe on a PCZONE / PCGAMER cd???
It had Nascar cars, pit stops and you raced for alot of laps / coud choose no. laps. Crashing also spun your can in a pre animated way i believe.
Any one remember this game???

phrostedk

Aug 11, 2013
Ok this maybe a hard one. I have been going nuts all day trying to find this game. It was for the mac. I used to watch my uncle play it at my grandmas in the 90s. you were a generic little hero. and you would move around the map with the keys. And the combat pretty much was you bumped your character into the monster. dealing more damage if you were behind the creature. The begining you were in a town and then as soon as you went outside it was like an island and there was like minotaurs or something like that ourside carrying axes or swords. I cant really remember.

mrmegaminer[games]

Aug 10, 2013
mrmegaminer[games said:
]ok the game is on ps2
all i remember is in the first mission you are some agent guy and you have to kill people and some where during the mission you climb on the side of a high ledge
then in a later mission you have to climb on metal plating above a car in a mall
also there are money pick ups
bump please help

Lukas Bentzler

Aug 11, 2013
I remember playing a game where on the right of the screen you had a plot that was basic, you slowly upgraded it by making it bigger with barracades and archers and cannons, slowly people came on the left side of the screen and througout the game they get cannons and maybe catupults. I used to play it 7 years ago so it may be old, can someone help me out on this one? It was a browser game.

justme_90

Aug 11, 2013
This is for my mom.

Does anyone know the game where you use a ship to go conquer you first continent I guess. You select 1 of 4 flags to start. I believe the colors were red. Yellow. Blue and black. Each with it's own symbol. She believes one had a lion on it the yellow one. And you slowly build up the island by building houses and roads. Clearing trees ect. And your people will start wanting things as your numbers grow like a pub, church, library, school, ect. Each continent gives certain resources and is better for certain harvests. You can be attacked by pirates. And you end up getting to where you have conquered multiple continents. And build ships ect. That's all she remembers. I guess it was played on our old desk top computer from 90- early 2000s. Thanks in advance!