Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Ashleyboi123

Jun 5, 2014
Ok game 1: is i dont remember the console but sure it was before the ps1 and have a vague memory of it. Pretty vague but all i remember is playing ad a big blonde muscle guy and killed either monsters or men pretty sure there was something pink about it.

Game 2:

Ps1 basically it was a fighting game like mortal combat but i think it was based in hell.

Game 3.

Atari(pretty sure)

Racing Pretty sure you was a cop car and had to catch criminal cars

Been searching for so long hopefullu uou guys will help me out with them,

Thanks all

mik3123

Jun 5, 2014
Hey, so dunno if you lot still go thru this thread but here's one i've been looking for over a decade now.

-Played on PC (in 2000)
-I personally got it from a CD called 100 special games in 2000 (can't find a hint of existence on the internets)
-Shoot 'em up from between 1998-2000
-You commandeer a yellow spaceship (certain this is the basic form, it may change color as you progress, however I don't think so)
-Power ups are found, and there are multiple stages of each gun. I specifically recall one that would shoot these blue balls that you'd power up and let off, they'd make a sound like a snowball hitting a jacket (paff) and you'd upgrade them to become red iirc.
-Starting gun was a thin little bullet, upgrade 2 would make it 2, upgrade 3 = 3, etc (can't recall color, think yellow bullets)
-Spaceship had a lobbed front, would shoot from the sides, and the exhaust was in the middle (rear) blue flame.

Thanks for help, may your search be more fruitful than mine.

Nannner

Jun 6, 2014
I was wondering if someone could help me with trying to remember the name of a game i used to play a long time ago.

I Believe it was on ps1 and all that i can remember is that it was animated in a Disney style very bold (pretty sure it was not made by disney) and that you are in some sort of mansion looking for something i believe.

This clip really reminds me of the game and i really can't tell why http://youtu.be/U3obEJUYM5E?t=3m13s

Doomgriever

Jul 15, 2013
Nannner said:
I was wondering if someone could help me with trying to remember the name of a game i used to play a long time ago.

I Believe it was on ps1 and all that i can remember is that it was animated in a Disney style very bold (pretty sure it was not made by disney) and that you are in some sort of mansion looking for something i believe.

This clip really reminds me of the game and i really can't tell why http://youtu.be/U3obEJUYM5E?t=3m13s
40 Winks maybe? ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPfXbDwl_PQ&t=2m20s )

RoxersBoxers

Jun 6, 2014
My game is an old 90s pc game. You were a child wizard with a blue cap and blue robe. I believe you could go around collecting different types of wizard hats but i might be wrong on that. You would go around areas collecting spells and defeating enemies. Not much else I remember. Oh and when you died he made a funny woahhhhhh death noise.

FreakehNinja

Jun 6, 2014
Hi guys, i was wondering if you could help me with a game.

It's a first person, where you are a small man and you can enter a ship and build your base with turrets and other structures and fight other base. I believe it was on PC, i also want to mention that i got it from a demo disk with a flying ship as cover; im not 100% sure about this.

justwillem

Jun 6, 2014
Hi,

I'm looking for a game I played in the 90s or beginning 2000s.
It was a shooter pc game and you were a helicopter. You had different maps and quests.
I remember some:
- You were inside a vulcano and you have to get to middle and shoot helicopters to get there. There was a map who shows the enemy and your goal.
- In another map you have to shoot shooters on a train.
- You were in a bilding and needed to search for stuff and destroy a certain object.

I have clear visuals in my head but the discription is maybe to vague.

Hope anybody can help me.
Cheers,
Justine

Ramerinde

Jun 6, 2014
There's this game where you are in a labyrinth in a arena, looks like an arena where gladiators battled against each other. If I remember correctly you're supposed to go from place A to B and there are enemies and obstacles to overcome to reach place B. And you can choose between different characters, one of these characters wields a sword and his lower body has a sphere instead of wheels.

Olette

May 28, 2014
I am pleased to say that I have had two game titles found already thanks to this Thread, and I'm really happy about that!

I have compiled another post listing more games I'm looking for uvu I have once again drawn little pictures to accompany my descriptions, because i'm not really good at explaining things accurately, especially considering that this next batch is a far more hazy memory of mine than the last 3 I have asked about. I'd appreciate any help!

1. http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/157/a/f/5_by_thalassa_star-d7l9ex8.png
I have shown two screens there, although I'm not sure both illustrate the same game. Maybe they do illustrate one game, but maybe the second 'screen' is from a different game.
I remember a game i played most certainly for a ps1/psx. It was a strategy game similar to Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 or Age of Empires in gameplay, in a 3d setting where you commanded a team of trolls / goblins and viewed the field from the bird's view (but this is definitely not World of Warcraft), slightly at 'not directly viewing from the top' angle. I remember specifically that in your arsenal there could be sludges ( i tried to illustrate them) which you could move just like other units. I remember most of all that you could somehow locally play against one other person on the same screen, like in racing games the screen was split into two and you could peek into the field of the other player. I played often with my brother. Our teams were always colored red and green. That is however, all i can remember u_u the second image is a very vague memory. Maybe it was from the same game, maybe it was not. I remember a screen where you could select opposing strengths of some sort? I remember being impressed at seeing two identical beings in the center of the screen, but them always being in red or green colors. Maybe dragons? Maybe something else. If it was from another game than that goblin strategy game, then I most certainly didn't play it myself.

2. http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/157/5/1/6_by_thalassa_star-d7l9ewx.png

I have searched for one game so intensively I think i actually found it, it being called Age of Mythology (a strategy game). It fits everything I would otherwise write here as memories - having dragons, unicorns and scouting crows as units, dragons being a flying and fire breathing unit that was meant for taking down buildings and it was possible to only make a limited number of these units. And that this game has a map editing feature and the ability to befriend wild animals you find throughout the map and turn them into your team's units. However, I just find it hard to believe that the game I remember i adored playing so so much, played it so often I memorized every frame concerning the dragons because it was like my most favorite detail, is actually Age of Mythology where the only dragons are Nidhoggs that look like this
http://file1.npage.de/004471/51/bilder/nidhogg.gif
my image at the top shows an old toy I made during the years i played the game that may be similar to the Nidhogg, but I remember it truly different from Nidhogg on screen. It had a much more different flight pattern and looked different. The dragon I remember didn't have horns and had a wing shape exactly like in my toy. Much paler color for the body too.
But, of course.. maybe my memory is just failing me? But at the time i played that game I was already full force into my life favorite and nostalgic game, Spyro the Dragon. I loved dragons then, and I can firmly say i stared at the dragons in that strategy game so much i think I'd at least deem Nidhogg familiar-looking if i truly saw it looking like that. But it seems completely foreign to me.
So. My main concern. Is there a chance of another game existing that is not Age of Mythologies and yet sounds like something fitting? Or was there a possible mod for Age of Mythologies that made Nidhogg look different? If no one here can think of anything, then it could be my memory is failing me after all, and the dragon I loved so much was actually Nidhogg after all. Another detail that may help is that I know the game i played was certainly for Windows 98, and the launch icon of the game looked like a grey castle's metal gate, like the one i drew above.
So sorry this description is so confusing and long.

3. http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/157/9/f/4_by_thalassa_star-d7l9exc.png
Another hazy memory, but the mystery of my whole life.
I remember in some game there was either an artwork image or maybe a scenery in the credits that looked like what I drew. I also at some point thought it could be a scenery from an animated movie. I don't really know much about it, all I know is that I definitely saw this at some point somewhere, and i don't remember where, and I just must know. I thought for years that i could have seen it in a dream, but then I found an old doodle I drew (which i recreated into the digital image above from scratch) which means either i liked the dream so much that i drew it, or that it actually existed. I feel like I saw it in the credits of some game most strongly.
If you know where this might be from, be it a game or a movie, please let me know ;u; sorry this isn't exactly on topic, as it's just be searching from where this came from, and it could not even be a game.

May I also ask if there is another thread on these forums that is the same as this thread, only for movies? If there is, could i please be directed to it? I'd appreciate it so much!

4. (reposting this because no one still managed to help me with it. Rock 'n' Roll and Rollin' were already suggested. It's not them.)
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/148/3/d/1_by_thalassa_star-d7k25xw.png
It was a strange arcade game I had on a very very very old Laptop with Windows 98 installed to it. You played as a little blue and white striped ball who would have to "ride" through a maze of sorts, that was checkered dark red and black. I think once you made it go in one direction it could not stop until it hit a wall, so it was sort of a think before you act kind of game, and I'm sure there had to be walls scattered about the field and other obstacles which would be your inevitable demise if you ran into them. I'm not sure the electric generator-like things were around the edges, but I remember the game was pretty difficult for me (at least at the age I was in) and I was afraid to run into the walls at the very edges of the field, so they were probably dangerous.

pesupulveri

Jun 6, 2014
Hello!

I remember this life simulation game where you play as a boy and live in a city. You do quests/jobs for money to get better furniture and eventually better appartments.

I think is was a SNES game, not really sure. But it had SNES-like graphics... and the boy had skateboard which helped to get everywhere faster.

It was a great game and I hope someone remembers the name.

Doomgriever

Jul 15, 2013
Olysea said:
I am pleased to say that I have had two game titles found already thanks to this Thread, and I'm really happy about that!

I have compiled another post listing more games I'm looking for uvu I have once again drawn little pictures to accompany my descriptions, because i'm not really good at explaining things accurately, especially considering that this next batch is a far more hazy memory of mine than the last 3 I have asked about. I'd appreciate any help!

2. http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/157/5/1/6_by_thalassa_star-d7l9ewx.png

I have searched for one game so intensively I think i actually found it, it being called Age of Mythology (a strategy game). It fits everything I would otherwise write here as memories - having dragons, unicorns and scouting crows as units, dragons being a flying and fire breathing unit that was meant for taking down buildings and it was possible to only make a limited number of these units. And that this game has a map editing feature and the ability to befriend wild animals you find throughout the map and turn them into your team's units. However, I just find it hard to believe that the game I remember i adored playing so so much, played it so often I memorized every frame concerning the dragons because it was like my most favorite detail, is actually Age of Mythology where the only dragons are Nidhoggs that look like this
http://file1.npage.de/004471/51/bilder/nidhogg.gif
my image at the top shows an old toy I made during the years i played the game that may be similar to the Nidhogg, but I remember it truly different from Nidhogg on screen. It had a much more different flight pattern and looked different. The dragon I remember didn't have horns and had a wing shape exactly like in my toy. Much paler color for the body too.
But, of course.. maybe my memory is just failing me? But at the time i played that game I was already full force into my life favorite and nostalgic game, Spyro the Dragon. I loved dragons then, and I can firmly say i stared at the dragons in that strategy game so much i think I'd at least deem Nidhogg familiar-looking if i truly saw it looking like that. But it seems completely foreign to me.
So. My main concern. Is there a chance of another game existing that is not Age of Mythologies and yet sounds like something fitting? Or was there a possible mod for Age of Mythologies that made Nidhogg look different? If no one here can think of anything, then it could be my memory is failing me after all, and the dragon I loved so much was actually Nidhogg after all. Another detail that may help is that I know the game i played was certainly for Windows 98, and the launch icon of the game looked like a grey castle's metal gate, like the one i drew above.
So sorry this description is so confusing and long.

is the same as this thread, only for movies? If there is, could i please be directed to it? I'd appreciate it so much!
Nice with pics!

Nr 2: Could possibly be Total Annihilation: Kingdoms, lots of dragons there (if it's not AoM as you suggest) ( http://www.giantbomb.com/total-annihilation-kingdoms/3030-19680/images/ )

ThePowerFulNoob

May 27, 2014
BUMP
Heres a good i've been trying to figure out for years.

ps2 game.Your in this swat team (or some kind a team) and you all get separated and you try to find them.
its a 3rd person shooter game, you cant move and shot at the same time. you can take cover,
they were gonna make a sequel with running and shooting but they said you be overpower.
thats all i know sorry i couldnt find anymore details but GOOD LUCK trying to find it. :)
and if you find it thank you.

Thatonedude

Jun 7, 2014
I can't remember this game I used to play when the iPhone 3 just came out. It involved a purple square looking thing (it was adorable) and it moved with you tilting the device. You had to dodge these type of angry looking turtles with spikes on their head or something liked that. When you touched the screen the purple thing would flip up and go one the ceiling and touching it again made it come back down. There's also like cherries and other fruits he took. And I think a but was his superpower so he crushed anything. At the end of it all tho they needed a key to open walls to move on. I don't remember the name but this game was so much fun! IF ANYONE CAN HELP D:

Doomgriever

Jul 15, 2013
ThePowerFulNoob said:
BUMP
Heres a good i've been trying to figure out for years.

ps2 game.Your in this swat team (or some kind a team) and you all get separated and you try to find them.
its a 3rd person shooter game, you cant move and shot at the same time. you can take cover,
they were gonna make a sequel with running and shooting but they said you be overpower.
thats all i know sorry i couldnt find anymore details but GOOD LUCK trying to find it. :)
and if you find it thank you.
One of the SOCOM games? ( http://www.giantbomb.com/socom-us-navy-seals/3030-6246/images/ )

FreakehNinja

Jun 6, 2014
Hi guys, i was wondering if you could help me with a game.

It's a first person, where you are a small man and you can enter a ship and build your base with turrets and other structures which you can create other ships and fight other bases, if you were outside of the ship you could shoot the other guy from the other ship, you could see him as a red dot inside the ship.. thats all i know can you tell me the name of it thx :D

Chris Pereira

Aug 30, 2013
I can't remember the name of the game, but what I do remember is that the story starts with a knight in castle, and a black armoured knight comes on dragon destroying the castle. The Black Knight ends up turning the main character knight into stone and finds himself awoken in the near future by a old wizard, set during medieval times, has sort of a lego style to it and was for the PS2. Please guys, be killing myself to find this game...

Pitfall

Jun 7, 2014
im looking for a game that was 2d, 8 bit, and you were and airplane. it was a 2D horizontal sidescroller. you fought against grey airplanes, you were either a red or blue plane and you had black cirlces for bullets. at the end of each stage you had to land the plane on a carrier or a platform of some sort. it was also 2 player. i remember playing it on an arcade pack on the ps1 ( i think). might have been sega, not sure though.

Pitfall

Jun 7, 2014
im looking for a game that was 2d, 8 bit, and you were and airplane. it was a 2D horizontal sidescroller. you fought against grey airplanes, you were either a red or blue plane and you had black cirlces for bullets. at the end of each stage you had to land the plane on a carrier or a platform of some sort. it was also 2 player. i remember playing it on an arcade pack on the ps1 ( i think). might have been sega, not sure though.

DarkPulsar64

Jun 7, 2014
There was this game I used to play when I was a kid. I don't remember most of the details. But I do remember you played as a Rambo-like kind of soldier. In the first stage you fought a bunch of cavemen and when you'd kill dinosaurs you'd get meat. But there was a stage where you fought gummy bears and you like walked on a cookie or something. But when you'd lose the end screen was you in a toy box or something like that. Can anyone help?