Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Doomgriever

Jul 15, 2013
Robin94 said:
There is this game I used to play as a kid on a Windows '95 computer. The fact that I can't remember hardly anything is driving me nuts and I just can't find it. All I remember was it was a sidescroll (maybe shooting?) game about some kind of alien.... In my memory it was some kind of black/dark alien-like being in a (space?) suit/armor and it was on Windows 95...
Abuse? ( http://www.giantbomb.com/abuse/3030-7227/images/ )

guada12

Jun 2, 2014
was a computer game, in this game you could choose between several characters, among these was jesus, was critical because it could be seen as representing the politicians in the White House as pig costume, plus the final boss was a transformer composed of body parts of several influential in the world represented people so diabolical as bill gates, bush, hillary clinton, hope you can remember this description haha, and sorry for the bad English

raeior

Oct 18, 2013
corpnewt said:
Hey guys, I've got a game that's been on my nostalgia radar for a good number of years. I only remember playing the demo and I believe it came out for the Macintosh in the mid to late 90s (possibly even early 2000's). The only things I remember about it are:

1. The main character is a man in a museum trying to get past the security system
2. The graphics are reasonably simplistic 3d (but still cool for the time period)
3. At some point you pick up a sword from one of the exhibits

Aside from that, I'm not much use, but I would surely appreciate some help in tracking this mystery down!
Thanks!
This sounds like Time Gate: Knight's Chase.

helenr2376

May 31, 2014
Doomgriever said:
helenr2376 said:
Doomgriever said:
helenr2376 said:
Thanks so much if you guys could help me remember this game
The game is a robot war fight like Age of Empire

I could only remember the following details:
- the game starts with a chief robot that can build many things
- can build airport, robot factory, etc
- there're planes and another robot that can recycle the broken robots
- we can manufacture transport helicopter
- play with multiple computerized enemy of different colors
- player has to build something to mine the resource from the ground
- every robot has a little bar near it indicating their life. When it's healthy, the bar is green. Otherwise, it's orange or red.
Supreme Commander? ( http://www.giantbomb.com/supreme-commander/3030-1901/images/ )
It's like Supreme Commander but not exactly that one.
I played this game in 2002 or 2003.
The name of the game is one word starts with "A" but I'm not very sure about it.

Thanks anyways!
Could be the predecessor to Supreme Commander maybe? Total Annihilation ( http://www.giantbomb.com/total-annihilation/3030-3594/images/ )

Ya!!!
That's the one I'm looking for!
Thanks Doomgriever!

Renee Williams

Jun 2, 2014
Trying to remember an old game I used to play about 15 years ago. Involved toys (possibly gumbylike toys) and you would fire slingshots at the toys. The view was from behind the slingshot.
Fairly vague I know.
Thanks

Robin94

Jun 1, 2014
Doomgriever said:
Robin94 said:
There is this game I used to play as a kid on a Windows '95 computer. The fact that I can't remember hardly anything is driving me nuts and I just can't find it. All I remember was it was a sidescroll (maybe shooting?) game about some kind of alien.... In my memory it was some kind of black/dark alien-like being in a (space?) suit/armor and it was on Windows 95...
Abuse? ( http://www.giantbomb.com/abuse/3030-7227/images/ )
No, that's not it. Looks pretty similar though from what I remember... Definitely the same sort of side-scroll shooter type of game. Thanks for the effort! :)

SweetCoolLove

Jun 2, 2014
So basically to begin with,i guess its a shooter game on ps2 although i played the first mission only,i clearly remember the details
it had pretty decent graphics.The character gets up in a ship or some sort of base which was under attack and i would start moving forward and see that some ingame characters would run to a room and lock and some gets injured meanwhile i have to avoid the fire/burning stuff which is falling from the top and at the end i would come near a pile of fallen racks/broken building and that would be the end of the mission..please help me find this game!.The guilt is killing me because since i wouldn't pass the first mission itself i returned it.Now i need it again!
and oh its was maybe in 2000-2006 (not really sure about the dates)and i know its the army because all the ingame characters were wearing the uniform (not the full set only half the tshirt and pant!)

Roman78

Sep 25, 2013
Paul Held said:
Hey :)
I'm searching for a game. It was for windows 98 i think. The sense of the game was you have a spider or a grasshoper, i dont know anymore... And your enemie (played by the computer) has one too.
Then you have to jump. You can do a small jump or a big and when you jump anywhere all surronding enemies turn into yours. The game is over when there isnt any free place you can jump. The winner is who has the most grasshoppers in the end. And there many different levels.
Need Help pls
I know this game as Hexxagon. But without animals, just with stones.

KPAH

Feb 26, 2014
Andrew_C said:
KPAH said:
Doomgriever said:
KPAH said:
Can't remember a game. It is from mid-90s, isometric adventure or RPG or farm/village simulator. You start in a village as a young kid with a sword (?). The only thing I remember is a cow standing in a pen, and it mouwed through the soundblaster.
I think the game had awkward controls and I never played it much.
One of the Harvest Moon games? ( http://www.giantbomb.com/harvest-moon/3025-301/ )
I don't thin Harvest Moon was ever released on PC. My game is from the same era as SimCity 2000
One of the King's Quest or Quest for Glory games? although they weren't isometric. Maybe an Ultima game?
Thank you for your kind suggestion. I just went through the Wikipedia list of adventure games for the period for the 100500 time, and found my game
Horde 1994
It has plenty of cows and an dorky looking guy with a sword. I remember the graphics to be much more aesthetic though. :)

Dave Ha

Jun 2, 2014
Hey!

I'm searching for a JRPG released on PSX. I played it 15 years ago, so i just remember some of the details. I remember that the main character meets a girl with pink hair who doesn't speak the language of the other characters. At some point of the story she gets a translator. She comes from a world flying over the one where the game takes place.

A pretty unsual thing was the sidescrolling-but-turnbased combat. I always thought it was a Square-Enix title, but i couldn't find anything that sounded similar on wikipedia...

Olette

May 28, 2014
Frezzato said:
This one is definitely Rocket Mania.
---
What you're describing sounds and looks very much like the game Flicky, except Flicky is dark blue. Also, he flies, so definitely not a penguin :)

Flicky is included on the disc Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection (PS3 and 360). Incidentally that collection is on disc only, there's no digital download of it, but I think you can find it by other means.
---
I'm sorry I can't help you with this one. You might want to start by Googling Marble Madness and work from there.
---
Thank you for the drawings, they were very helpful. I think one huge obstacle to new users getting help here is that they don't even bother to mention which platform they remembered playing on or what the game generally looked like, so your efforts paid off. As you can see your memory of both Rocket Mania and Flicky were pretty accurate!
I CAN'T EXPRESS HOW GRATEFUL I AM RIGHT NOW, ILU.

You are absolutely spot on on Flicky and Rocket Mania! ;w; I can't express just how enjoyable it is to be able to play them again, I managed to find them both being playable using the browser! Although it really goes to show just how young I was when I played those games. The images I drew show exactly how I remember them, and it sure was a pretty blurry memory now that I see how the games actually look, especially Rocket Mania *v* But they're surely the games I was looking for! Thank you ever so much ;w; You're awesome!

I'm so happy I decided to draw them! ;v; Yeah, I've been reading through the posts in this thread hoping that maybe even someone like me who didn't play hundreds of games out there would recognize something at all and would be able to help someone as well, but so many descriptions people write are just very vague and don't give a whole lot to distinguish one game from countless similar ones. I wanted to save the hassle for both myself and the readers of my post by giving as many details as I possibly could ;v; Thank you for thanking for it, and for the help quq

Frezzato said:
Someone had suggested the game Rock and Roll to you earlier, but at the bottom of the Wikipedia page there was a reference to another game called Rollin, made by Ticsoft in 1995. Looking at footage on YouTube, the background of the game is black and red. Maybe this is your game?
I certainly don't remember playing a game like Rollin, but something tells me the game I drew might just not look how I remember it looked :'D Rollin looks like an absolutely marvelous game though, even if it's not spot on it surely is a nice find, so thank you for telling me of it! *,*

Razqual

May 16, 2014
Doomgriever said:
Oroc said:
killazko said:
Oroc said:
Hello, I remember playing a game where you were a boy with some sort of glove, I want to say the glove had a blue gem thing on the top, that held different things that you would collect and bring back to the village that you lived in. The glove could hold a lot of different things, the thing I remember the most were building. I'm pretty sure it was for the N64 but I could be wrong. Sorry if that's not much to go off of but that's all I can remember.
God hand maybe?
Well I looked at a list of all the N64 games and neither god hand or the game that I was looking for were on there so I'm guessing it was on a different console. The only other console that I had was an original xbox so maybe it's from the xbox?
Probably way off, but Final Fantasy: The Crystal Bearers? (Wii) ( http://www.giantbomb.com/images/1300-1227638 )
It sounds like dark cloud for the ps2. Great game wish I hadn't lost my copy while moving.

Razqual

May 16, 2014
Razqual said:
I'm trying to find out the name of this I saw played when i was around 10 or so. I think it was on NES but might have been Sega not sure. You play as a knight in armor and it was side scroll-er in the same way Metroid is. You collected spell weapons and armor to defeat bosses most of which I remember as being walls with faces or floors.
sorry to quote myself but this is still bugging me and i have a little more info. I know it is not super ghouls and ghost. but the knight was very similar.

Kricketz

Apr 25, 2014
Dave Ha said:
Hey!

I'm searching for a JRPG released on PSX. I played it 15 years ago, so i just remember some of the details. I remember that the main character meets a girl with pink hair who doesn't speak the language of the other characters. At some point of the story she gets a translator. She comes from a world flying over the one where the game takes place.

A pretty unsual thing was the sidescrolling-but-turnbased combat. I always thought it was a Square-Enix title, but i couldn't find anything that sounded similar on wikipedia...
That, my friend, sounds like Tales of Eternia. The Playstation 1 version was re-titled to Tales of Destiny 2.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tales_of_Eternia

spike32

Feb 2, 2013
Hi, I'm looking for an old game, it has plenty of minigames in it, it's for kids. One is a wordsearch with a cockroach watching you play. And if you try to click where you're not suppose to he'll say "Hey, you have to pick more letters first" There's also one called monster in the box (or something like that) where it's basically hangman, if you get it wrong too many times, the monster will break out of the box. Another game also guessing the movie/game or topic or something one of the answers is Sonic The Hedgehog. That's all I remember unfortunately.

Thanks.

19karasevda03

Jun 2, 2014
There was a game that i played a lot. It was for PS2 i think. There was a boy who plays piano and he had a robot which he drives :) In the beginning of the game boy was fighting against some other robots and then he was going to a city. I remember a girl but she dies in the first chapter. The boy could earn money by playing piano. He was staying in an hotel and he could buy chloth or some food from the shops. I cant remember the rest of the game. If you know its name and say to me , i will be very happy.

DaVinci31

May 26, 2014
DaVinci31 said:
Planeforger said:
DaVinci31 said:
DaVinci31 said:
I played this one game around my early childhood (definitely on a disk/CD), it could have been ps1 or dreamcast and even pc ( leaning towards ps1, though, it had solid graphics for its time, which also could have been pc I guess . . . )

Anyways . . .

-it was definitely an adventure/puzzle type of game
-it was 1st Person POV
-I believe it was a point and click type of game

-there was one situation I vaguely remember in which I believe you are shopping or collecting some items around some type of circular room (which might or might not have been outdoors near water)

-it had a very fun yet creepy vibe (thinking back to it now anyway)
-I'm pretty sure I played it at school . . . I remember it being educational, or at least it felt like it (as I remember it)
-I think it involved following some other character (who may not have been human), this character maybe also being the "mascot" of sorts for the poster/CD image of this game

Any help is appreciated, I really want to get my hands on this game again.

EDIT: The situation I remembered involved some type of cart I believe, if that helps.

EDIT #2: Also, the colors were pretty bright and positive in nature. I believe the characters and settings in the game were animated in a 3D format as well. The game could have also been one of those types of games in which you do everything with your mouse, and when its time to move or continue, there is a sequence animation that moves the character, in 1st Person POV as I stated above, to the next setting. Thanks again!
Posting again because I'm desperate :l
I'd like to help, but that description doesn't give a lot to work with.

I mean, "creepy Myst-like adventure game with a circular room" could describe any of the Myst games, the later Zork games, 7th Guest, 11th Hour, the Dark Fall series, etc etc.

Have you got a theme? Do you remember anything about the story or setting? Do you remember any puzzles? Anything more could help narrow it down. :)
I appreciate the help, but that is literally all I can remember. However, the Myst Games you mentioned most closely resemble what I remember. The time period is off though, and the color scheme is a little too dull. The game I remember is much more cartoony.
Anyone? :l

BytByte

Nov 26, 2009
Here's one that I forgot, then randomly played again, then forgot AGAIN. It was an arcade beat-em up that was actually pretty standard. Fantasy themed. The thing I remember most is that the final boss was a king, then he turned into a dragon, then he turned into a sun. Thanks guys

Kivanya Maxwell

May 17, 2014
Redrow said:
Kivanya Maxwell said:
Could someone help me figure out a name for an old Sega Genesis game. It's been in my head for years and I just have not been able to find any information on this game whatsoever. Here's some things I remember about the game:

- It's a fighting game where the characters are all monsters
- I remember always picking a Naga(cobra head & tail with torso of man) character and he used his tail as a whip.
- I remember fighting in a ring or on some raised platform, I could be wrong.

That's about all I can remember about it. I've looked up the game primal fury cause it's a monster fighting game, but it had no snakes in there mostly dinosaurs and gorillas.
Primal Rage was my very first thought, and I was about to quote that but then I read that it wasn't that.... so then, I bring to the table Beast Wrestler

http://www.giantbomb.com/beast-wrestler/3030-1926/images/
OMG, yes! That's what it is, thank you so much! Sorry for the completely late reply, been busy lately.

corpnewt

Jun 1, 2014
raeior said:
corpnewt said:
Hey guys, I've got a game that's been on my nostalgia radar for a good number of years. I only remember playing the demo and I believe it came out for the Macintosh in the mid to late 90s (possibly even early 2000's). The only things I remember about it are:

1. The main character is a man in a museum trying to get past the security system
2. The graphics are reasonably simplistic 3d (but still cool for the time period)
3. At some point you pick up a sword from one of the exhibits

Aside from that, I'm not much use, but I would surely appreciate some help in tracking this mystery down!
Thanks!
This sounds like Time Gate: Knight's Chase.
You sir, are an ABSOLUTE GENIUS! That is the game 100%. Thank you so much!