Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

cazador1l

May 9, 2011
Olysea said:
Olysea said:
3. http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/148/1/c/3_by_thalassa_star-d7k25xl.png
This one was probably for a console, maybe a Sega or even something like Nintendo 64. It was very crudely drawn, I mean the game itself. Almost exactly how I drew it in the image above.
The game was a platformer where you played as a Penguin and had to rescue little Chicks scattered across the screen. There were throwable objects in each level too (the "T"s in my image) which you could use to defend against... cats? I think that was the enemy in the first levels or maybe even all of them, I'm not sure. As soon as you approached a chick it would start to follow you and you had to pass the blue portal to make the chicks go home, probably, and you earned score for that. I know very well that there were chicks with sunglasses in levels very often ´w` I love that detail. The game resembles a lot a more modern game called Granny in Paradise, which sadly is kind of hard to find a full version of, but it pretty much has this little penguin game as it's main predecessor in terms of gameplay.
;v; still no luck on these.
You're talking about Flicky.

yyyyyyep

Oct 31, 2013
Owyn_Merrilin said:
yyyyyyep said:
I've gone to this thread before, but I really want to find this game. This is just a copy pasta from earlier but I'd be sooo appreciative if someone knew this game!! I predict that it's very late 90s or around 2000-2002 for its release date. It was not an advertised game at all (just for reference).

It's a CD rom PC game.
The title has to be something with the word Taxi or Crazy in it (maybe even Crazy Taxi itself), even though it's not a driving game. I repeat: it's not a driving game. The scene is that this taxi driver takes you to an apartment complex, and every floor is a mini-game. Either there's like 30 or 60 floors, I don't remember.
I can recall the disk cover-- it's an oval-ish brown headed guy as the driver and you're in the passenger seat with a weird font for the title.
A few specific mini-game/levels:
-A grocery store with food you can place in your basket. There's also a cat standing on the produce that you can click and it'll meow, or you drag it over something and it thumps on the ground. I think you can try to feed it a fish but the cashier says no. When you're done there's a checkout, and if you try to "buy" the cat the cashier will specifically say, "You can't buy that cat!" I only remember because I did it so much oops.
-A wrecking ball level with furniture like a couch and a stuffed bunny plushie where you can destroy the items into pieces and rearrange them into something new. When you remade it there was a sucky "shhoooop" sound effect. The background was this weird old playground with a tire.
-A game of Solitaire or something similar and when you won this weird dancing person bounced around your screen.
Those are the only ones I remember. The screen where you chose the level was rows and columns of numbers 1-?? and you click the "floor" level to play.

Please help! Any points in any direction are welcomed. :)
Could it be Hell Cab?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wmuf1bEgdTA
Nope, but that's that good old game feel. D:

Redrow

Apr 20, 2014
zoul893 said:
Hi ..

Plss help me . Im tired and sick searching in this game. A gameboy color game. He is a prince I think and he uses summon cards to aid him in battle. And he needs to get 3 keys in enemies base to win. Its a japanese game by namco as I recall. Its not a platform game . There is a room and teleporter to go in enemy base. Please help someone I really really want that game again.
Please help. And by the way the first enemy boss is slime ..
Sorry for my bad english
There are only two games by Namco which were released on Game Boy Color, which wereTales of Phantasia: Narikiri Dungeon and Mr.Driller, and neither of which accurately fit what you've described. So, I don't think it was by Namco.

Would it possibly be Magi Nation?

Gulnar Howard

Jun 11, 2014
hi there is a game that i keep trying to remember what it is for over 7 years now and its driving me insane! ps1 or ps2 not sure...

When you first start the game its a book with a man's voice telling you the story as it goes on youre in this RPG type game, you dont have any companions youre just one person that runs around and does quests and the fighting style is like zelda's where you just swing and kill, at the begining you start in this fortified town with really huge walls, inside you do small silly quests like get someone flowers and i remember a rat in the cellar that i had to kill.. after that something happened and the town people got mad at you for doing something i dont remember what it is, so they kick the boy out of the town and he goes through a cave to go to a place that was from a rainy beautiful green area to a rocky mountain hilly type area with dwarves i believe... i dont remember much please help :(

zoul893

Jun 11, 2014
Redrow ..

I know that 3 games you aaid but it was not im looking for. The gameplay was free to move but it has tile space and he uses card to summon different creatures on field and he have 2 basic card one is wizard card that attack from far and another card is a girl that heal any summons or you in room even distance and it has a weapon card that you can equip like pixace. The only thing you can win is to warp from enemies base and get 3 keys to open its treasure.and get it.

It was japanese so I cant remember. The front picture was he has a short hair and atttack a slime and there is a wizard from his behind ..
Pls help I want that game

necturus

Jun 12, 2014
Hi!

I can't remember many things about the game I'm looking for...
It was on PC and I think our "spaceship" was shrunk to get inside a human body.
So we can kill baterias and other things like this.
I think it looked like a FPS..

Planeforger

Oct 30, 2007
Natasha Sharp said:
Does anyone remember a old computer game from the mid to late 90's (that's when I played it) i am pretty sure it was set in a haunted village at night time, the two main character were a boy and girl, and they looked more like real people than cartoons, they were more real than the scenery. So i'm quite sure the game would begin with them being sucked down a vacuum cleaner like vortex or just some kind of vortex and they would land in the spooky town in the dark,I think that maybe they become seperated, but they have to walk around in the dark looking for clues. At one point they are in an old haunted mansion or castle, there is coffins and vampire(s). Might be wrong about some details but that's a I can remember. Please help me lol it's driving me crazy.
That's definitely Goosebumps: Escape from Horrorland

Eder Rios

Jun 1, 2014
Eder Rios said:
Hi! I'm looking for 2 games:

The first: i played on windows 95-98, and i think that have "arcade" name on it, you play with a fat guy in an arcade game kinda Donkey kong jr. The fat guy can attack with his belly, the chars are cartoon, in the demo are cartoon cutscenes with some levels and i remember tha he say that "Las vegas" as a level,i don't remember anything else.

The second game is an point and click with subjetive view, you're a guy in a strange planet inhabited by some kind of human-tigers with strange suits and laser guns, i think you have to escape from this planet, please help!
Anyone?

Stefana Hutupasu

Jun 12, 2014
Oh I just have the same problem!
I just can't remember the name. There was a game I played in 2009, you had a costumizable character you played with, and you had to find your own resources ( there were different kinds of berries,[especially berries] and plants etc.) and you also had a little pet you could find in the wild, I'm not sure, but I think you could also breed it. And different details: You had an finite number of slots inventory, but you could add more by using money( I don't remember if it was berries or something else, or coins idk.) and you had to craft different things, clothes food etc.

V0idKing

Just a sad frog passing by
Jun 12, 2014
So, i have been searching for this game on the internet for a long time.

- It is a Sci-fi/futuristic game

- Its a War/shooting game, you control one soldier and have the other AI soldiers help you to fight an army of aliens.

- You see your soldier from a distance, like Zelda games.

- You could ask for reinforcements (soldiers) based on how many aliens you killed, an i remember they would come in a small spaceship in groups of 4-5, there where many tiers of reinforcements.

- You have to defend a base, there where usable turrets there and some interactable doors etc.

- I remember the game title having "war" and a year like "2031" or "3000" on it, but im not sure.

- And i remember playing it on a Cd ROM on PC, in one of these "1001 games" CD that comes with a magazine.

rugvlad

Jun 12, 2014
Hey guys. I've been searching for a game for a few years now, it's impossible to remember the name.

Ok, it's a 2d isometric sci-fi with, probably, rpg elements, from 1995-2003 period.

From what I can remember, you could play it on windows 98/XP, I've seen this game back in 1999 or 1998, I think.

The game: you're a robot or cyborg or something like that, you go places, mostly closed spaces like warehouses with lots of boxes, and kill aliens or bugs, worms. I've only seen the first mission or the second one. In the first mission you kill green worms, you have a radar like that in the ALIEN movie a motion sensor like, makes a sound i think, but definitely pings enemies with a green dot. These worms use to be on the ground or just fall from the ceiling, you don't see the ceiling.

After the mission was complete, you return somewhere where you usually repair the armor, you could have arms damage, legs, head, torso, and you choose what to repair and to what extent, I think.

You came back with stuff to sell, usually guns, and the guns that you could not use, because of strength or other constraint, was highlighted in red. You had a stash to keep these guns that you could not use for now, and use them later. You could buy upgrades for the: torso, arms, legs, head.

The idea of the game is that you never have enough money to repair yourself and buy upgrades, so it made you want to earn more cash in order to fully repair and continue to upgrade. I can't remember if the upgrades where called just upgrades or implants. You had strength and probably armor, dexterity, etc. I can't remember anything else, but it's a really old school game probably worth to play it even now.

If anybody can help me, I would appreciate it. Thanks guys.

Edit: Also the inventory had green squares, a grid-based inventory, that how it was divided. So a big gun would occupy let's say 8 squares, while a small gun only 2 or 4.

Edit2: When you came back from missions, on the repair screen the damage appears on the body, the body actually looked damaged and after you fix it it appeared fixed. Also, but I don't recall exactly, when you upgraded your body or fixing damages, you entered a case that emanated a green light like welding, but I'm not sure that I don't confuse memories with another game.

Grovington

Jun 12, 2014
wonderwomanxxix said:
wonderwomanxxix said:
Ryyme said:
wonderwomanxxix said:
I've been looking for a game for a few hours now, it's a point-and-click mystery/escape game for kids. It doesn't have any gore, blood, murder(i think) in it, basically you have to escape the mansion or find something in that mansion. I can't remember clearly, the last time I played this game was more than a decade ago. It's a PC game and you start off in a room(I think it's your room) and you have to find clues and items to open certain doors in the house, under the staircase doors, behind the kitchen shelf door, I also remember salami being in the kitchen... I just remember this game being for kids and it's horror-free and it's a cartoon-style 2d game. Thanks a lot! <3

Maniac Mansion?
Night of the Meteor?
No it wasn't. :( thanks tho! In the game you can't see other people, and it's completely a first person-view game. :)
Wait I think it's not in a mansion, it's either a mansion or a castle and there was even a part where you'd find a piece of paper stuck in the wall(i think) and it led you to find a hidden passage in the walls or floor..
Bump on this, i remember it too exactly how you explain, although i cant remember either. I remember there being a candle timer and being able to look at the stars..

Grovington

Jun 12, 2014
wonderwomanxxix said:
I've been looking for a game for a few hours now, it's a point-and-click mystery/escape game for kids. It doesn't have any gore, blood, murder(i think) in it, basically you have to escape the mansion or find something in that mansion. I can't remember clearly, the last time I played this game was more than a decade ago. It's a PC game and you start off in a room(I think it's your room) and you have to find clues and items to open certain doors in the house, under the staircase doors, behind the kitchen shelf door, I also remember salami being in the kitchen... I just remember this game being for kids and it's horror-free and it's a cartoon-style 2d game. Thanks a lot! <3
Yep this..

ShadowCrush

May 12, 2013
alright, here's one I'd like to re-discover:

It's a side-scrolling point-and-click adventure game for PC, I played it 10-15 years ago. It's slightly educational. You play as a boy in a town, which I remember had a farm with sprinklers that could be turned on and off.
The game starts, as I recall, in the boys bedroom. I remember that you could pick up different items, and turn the lights in the house on and off.

In my searches, I've found a game called Maniac Mansion. It sort of looks like that, only slightly less cartoonish, and with a realistic story, of course.

Any ideas?

Brownie80

Jan 27, 2014
V0idKing said:
So, i have been searching for this game on the internet for a long time.

- It is a Sci-fi/futuristic game

- Its a War/shooting game, you control one soldier and have the other AI soldiers help you to fight an army of aliens.

- You see your soldier from a distance, like Zelda games.

- You could ask for reinforcements (soldiers) based on how many aliens you killed, an i remember they would come in a small spaceship in groups of 4-5, there where many tiers of reinforcements.

- You have to defend a base, there where usable turrets there and some interactable doors etc.

- I remember the game title having "war" and a year like "2031" or "3000" on it, but im not sure.

- And i remember playing it on a Cd ROM on PC, in one of these "1001 games" CD that comes with a magazine.
Does it happen to be Battlecruiser 3000AD? I know it dosen't have war in the title but it seems similar to what you are describing.

ashadman25

Jun 12, 2014
OK I've been trying to find this game for a while now ... I played it a very long time ago ... so please don't mind the lack of information...
It was probably a SEGA Genesis game (I played it on an emulator on PC , could be any other platform)
It was a side scroller (Shooting and Platforming)
The main character was a bada** in every sense of the word, he was wearing a white sleeveless shirt , blue jeans , sunglasses , and carried a shotgun (The shotgun was silver or white in color , It had to be reloaded after every shot , and I remember getting a better shotgun later on , which didn't need to be reloaded after every shot)
I remember it was a dark themed game ,
The platforming was a bit like Prince Of Persia , I can remember that you could climb down like POP.
I really liked that game but I just cant remember its name. It would be a great help if any of you could remember...

ApplesOfDyscord

Jun 13, 2014
I'm not sure if anyone can help me but I am looking for this online game that I played in the early 2000s. It was a castle game where you had to explore and try to defeat this sorcerer guy. There was a servant who kept track of how many times you passed him. I'm sorry for the lack of details but I cant remember much, I do know that in one of the rooms you can become trapped in a grey fog and there was an achievement for escaping it. And another room was a little boy ( I think he was an elf?)who would either help you or betray you depending on what you said to him. If ANYone has the slighted idea of what game I am talking about pllllllease let me know! lol

~Apps

MiniMuffin5

Jun 13, 2014
I'm new to this whole thing but I was wondering if anyone remembers a pc game is used to play in the late 90s early 2000s. It may or may not have been in an abandoned warehouse but there were like 13 levels and you advanced by going up an elevator. there were crazy monsters in the basement and you found meat through these mazes and if you broke down the walls you would find bars of gold. It's so fuzzy in my head now but i loved this game. Please help!

Stefana Hutupasu

Jun 12, 2014
Stefana Hutupasu said:
Oh I just have the same problem!
I just can't remember the name. There was a game I played in 2009, you had a costumizable character you played with, and you had to find your own resources ( there were different kinds of berries,[especially berries] and plants etc.) and you also had a little pet you could find in the wild, I'm not sure, but I think you could also breed it. And different details: You had an finite number of slots inventory, but you could add more by using money( I don't remember if it was berries or something else, or coins idk.) and you had to craft different things, clothes food etc.
anzone able to help_