Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

rugvlad

Jun 12, 2014
rugvlad said:
rugvlad said:
Hey guys. I've been searching for a game for a few years now, it's impossible to remember the name.

Ok, it's a 2d isometric sci-fi with, probably, rpg elements, from 1995-2003 period.

From what I can remember, you could play it on windows 98/XP, I've seen this game back in 1999 or 1998, I think.

The game: you're a robot or cyborg or something like that, you go places, mostly closed spaces like warehouses with lots of boxes, and kill aliens or bugs, worms. I've only seen the first mission or the second one. In the first mission you kill green worms, you have a radar like that in the ALIEN movie a motion sensor like, makes a sound i think, but definitely pings enemies with a green dot. These worms use to be on the ground or just fall from the ceiling, you don't see the ceiling.

After the mission was complete, you return somewhere where you usually repair the armor, you could have arms damage, legs, head, torso, and you choose what to repair and to what extent, I think.

You came back with stuff to sell, usually guns, and the guns that you could not use, because of strength or other constraint, was highlighted in red. You had a stash to keep these guns that you could not use for now, and use them later. You could buy upgrades for the: torso, arms, legs, head.

The idea of the game is that you never have enough money to repair yourself and buy upgrades, so it made you want to earn more cash in order to fully repair and continue to upgrade. I can't remember if the upgrades where called just upgrades or implants. You had strength and probably armor, dexterity, etc. I can't remember anything else, but it's a really old school game probably worth to play it even now.

If anybody can help me, I would appreciate it. Thanks guys.

Edit: Also the inventory had green squares, a grid-based inventory, that how it was divided. So a big gun would occupy let's say 8 squares, while a small gun only 2 or 4.

Edit2: When you came back from missions, on the repair screen the damage appears on the body, the body actually looked damaged and after you fix it it appeared fixed. Also, but I don't recall exactly, when you upgraded your body or fixing damages, you entered a case that emanated a green light like welding, but I'm not sure that I don't confuse memories with another game.
anyone?
I finally found it! It's korean made, that's why you didn't know about it. It was first called Alien Slayer, after a re-release it was called CyberMercs, and then I found the game under: Cybermercs the soldier of the 22th century. It's a bit different from my description, but this is it! Thanks for this great forum!

NylonKat

Jun 15, 2014
Made an account just for this, but i remember a flash game where a kid gets transported to another place by someone call TOM (The Old Man) there were a few games in the series and in one of the later ones, he finds himself in his old artstyle and freaks out. Does anyone remember?

madaraisop

Jun 15, 2014
Hey guys. Well now the fun part. I played this game between 1999-2004 cant remember exact date. Its 3d graphips adventure action mixed game. Its starts as our male character comes back to his home but his home is burned down. House is near to shores. At backplan we can see sea. We ask a npc what happened to our house wife and daugher. He replies that pirates took them then burned home. Our 1st task is to find safe in burned house. We find a note inside it after looking for key. Cant remember part after this. There was a part where we was running at beach. Fighting with giant wasps then a yellow monkey boss. Fight is extremely hard. After boss or mini boss fight ends. It drops a coconaut. When u look item at invertory. It says something like 'Its a trophy of a very hard fight'. Cant remember after that part too. There is a part where we sleep find ourself in a front of a fortress. After beating some jet powered soldiers and a mini boss we find our way to inside. Then we find a little puzzle its a 4x4 chess like platform.we need to connect certain points.which i failed. But u can go inside the gaint door anyway. Thing is there is a giant robotic boss that sits at a throne. After seeing u he just one shots u. couldnt pass him because of puzzle. fighting parts are like there is 2 stat attack and defence. its turn based.u check your opponent. if they got high attack u lower your attack for higher def. when u need to attack hard u exchange your some def points for attack in a turn. Game is mostly like after finishing a puzzle u get a prize and use it at another puzzle for a key and there is turn based fights.

Radu Ursache

Jun 16, 2014
Hello,

I am looking for an old game for PC where in the first level you chase a rat wearing a trenchcoat and umbrella around and i think there's also a library in the first level

FantasticPhoenix

May 22, 2014
yo no one knows this game?
FantasticPhoenix said:
FantasticPhoenix said:
Okay, i dearly loved this game and i desperately wish to know the name of it, that is why i made an account. I will make my description as detailed as memory suits. So around 8 years ago (I'm 15), my dad brought home a CD-Rom tote of 100 discs from staples, each with an educational game on it. Each disc was powder blue... doesn't really matter... Anyway, the main game i played was called something along the lines of "Kiki's adventure", or Mimi's, or something like that. Mimi, as I'll henceforth call her, was a little blue talking bird, on a mission to unlock a safe in her treehouse. There were 5 slots or so, and each slot had a series of stones on it. It needed to turned until the correct order of stones was there. I recall Mimi saying "Lapis lazuli", and "opal". She found a bit of the code in various areas, i believe. there was a cave area, where she would teach about stalagmites and stalagtites, and i think there were gnomes as well. I also recall an arctic area with penguins, but that's about it for areas. When she stepped out of her treehouse i think it led to the overworld, where you could click on things for a cute circumstantial animation. This is all i can remember about the game... however, there was another game in the set I would be interested in finding the name of. It was a math game. There was a professor or a mad scientist or something who wanted you to save these little technicolored, polka-dotted... blobs. They were on a conveyor belt with a hungry monster at the end and once you saved them the monster would say "I can feel my stomach sticking to itself!" and then sulk away. PLEASE, i would really appreciate help on this.
bump because desperation
really?

Fluffykinz

Jun 3, 2014
Fluffykinz said:
I have a game I am trying to find. It's an old one, I'll try my best to describe it.

It's an RPG Fantasy Game. You start in a small village and exit left to an area, there are monsters everywhere, when you kill them, they drop blue square orbs which I believe is EXP. I can't recall the monsters well but I think they're Spiders, Mushrooms, Trees each with a boss of their own in the game later on. I cannot remember how the combat works but I think it's melee and maybe spells and arrows. You have one character and appears to be the only character.

It's a PC Game, I played it on a Win98 Platform between 1999-2003

It is not any form of Zelda or Landstalker.
Bump, no answer.

Redrow

Apr 20, 2014
FantasticPhoenix said:
yo no one knows this game?
FantasticPhoenix said:
FantasticPhoenix said:
Okay, i dearly loved this game and i desperately wish to know the name of it, that is why i made an account. I will make my description as detailed as memory suits. So around 8 years ago (I'm 15), my dad brought home a CD-Rom tote of 100 discs from staples, each with an educational game on it. Each disc was powder blue... doesn't really matter... Anyway, the main game i played was called something along the lines of "Kiki's adventure", or Mimi's, or something like that. Mimi, as I'll henceforth call her, was a little blue talking bird, on a mission to unlock a safe in her treehouse. There were 5 slots or so, and each slot had a series of stones on it. It needed to turned until the correct order of stones was there. I recall Mimi saying "Lapis lazuli", and "opal". She found a bit of the code in various areas, i believe. there was a cave area, where she would teach about stalagmites and stalagtites, and i think there were gnomes as well. I also recall an arctic area with penguins, but that's about it for areas. When she stepped out of her treehouse i think it led to the overworld, where you could click on things for a cute circumstantial animation. This is all i can remember about the game... however, there was another game in the set I would be interested in finding the name of. It was a math game. There was a professor or a mad scientist or something who wanted you to save these little technicolored, polka-dotted... blobs. They were on a conveyor belt with a hungry monster at the end and once you saved them the monster would say "I can feel my stomach sticking to itself!" and then sulk away. PLEASE, i would really appreciate help on this.
bump because desperation
really?
If anyone had a guess for the title of your game, I am sure you would have been quoted with one. You are likely one of many who has yet to receive an answer for their query in this forum (something that should actually be sorted, somehow, for those who haven't yet had their game figured out. Apologies that you haven't been helped yet, so I will attempt to rise to the task, although I can offer no guarantee of success. Do you have an approximate timeframe or year that you played the game/could have been released? There's a boatload and a half of educational games for PC, so anything to narrow it down any further can help.

DJpotatofucker

Jun 16, 2014
OK please tell me someone here knows this game!
old game back on the PC came in a pack with some other atari games like battlezone, tempest, and missile command.
cant find any familiar games by atari that fit the description though.
so it's a game where you're a dude in yellow, wo is running up and down ladders avoiding guys in red. all the while you have to turn off and on switches to get to the next level.
ring any bells? any one please?

Rizako

Jun 16, 2014
Hey guys,

Okay so theres 2 games that I cant find and its just bugging me off.

Okay so first one (Short description) is a 3D puzzle game that had cool music in it, and if I remember correctly on the left side there was a tab where you could change the shapes of the puzzle (there were round kinds of ballpuzzles)

So then we get to the next game.
All I remember is that you can choose between different characters, then you're on a raft if I remember (oh and its a 2D game if I remember correctly) and then there are 2 sides and you usually played on the left side of the screen. There was also a wall between the 2 sides and a hole pretty high up the wall so you could shoot to the other side, don't remember why though. That's pretty much all I remember.

I'm sorry if these games has been asked but it is kind of... dull? to go through 404 pages :/

Sorry again and thanks c:

Redrow

Apr 20, 2014
Actually, there are two other titles I played as a young child that have come to mind in my attempts to help other posters. I highly doubt I'll be helped with these ones because I remember so little of each title. So, as I continue to try to help others, maybe I can be helped to figure out my next two titles.

Both titles were for PC, played them in the early 90's, approx '94-95. The computer my dad had at the time was an Amiga, if that helps.

The first game was a 2D platformer of some sort, and you played as some kind of.... Merman, or something. I remember him being dark green and having finny feet, and thinking of a water monster when I played the game. I never got very far in the game at all because I'd always get stuck at the first puzzle, but you dropped into a well and there was a key you could collect, and that's about all I remember because that's all I was exposed to when I played. Very vague, I know, but it's the best I can provide....

Now the second game... y'all are likely to think I was some kind of hallucinogens or something, but just bear with me.
It was another 2D platformer, same time frame and for PC and everything, where you played as a monkey I believe (IIRC, which I likely don't) and I don't think there was anything else to the game except to make it to the end of each level, I remember having to pass through a small wintery section in one of the levels, and at one point in the game having to go against a boss which was a fat man in a bubble bath, and the bathtub slid back and forth along the ground trying to kill you. He appeared from the left of the screen as opposed to the traditional right side, and you could see him at an earlier point in the level as you passed through a room that was beneath the boss room. I believe the encounter was similar to the Bowser encounters in the first SMB, with there having been an object to collect behind the fat sliding bath man, but I really don't remember if that was the case. I only remember the bath man because of how weird it was. I swear this was a game, and not some dream I had as a child or something like that. XD

If anyone can either find out what these games were called, or remembers having played them please let me know. I won't hold my breath though, as they are so vague/obscure/weird sounding.

raeior

Oct 18, 2013
rourkey2k4 said:
Hey,

Im looking for an old pc game, the game was a racing game but it had a twist, you had to roll the dice to move, but you could pick up powerups and sabotage peoples race so a bit like wacky racers but turn based, can anyone help me?
Master-Guy said:
Vaguely I can recall something about a black AI player on a bicycle, that would steal from players, after it randomly spawned in the game.
Both of these sound like Dr. Dragos Madcap Chase. Although the first comment is pretty vague.

DJpotatofucker said:
so it's a game where you're a dude in yellow, wo is running up and down ladders avoiding guys in red. all the while you have to turn off and on switches to get to the next level.
Could be "Lode Runner" or one of the clones of it.

Fmily

Jun 16, 2014
I have two games that I really liked as a kid but know very little about them now.
The first one was either on the ps1 or the pc and I played it in the late 90s or early 00s. If I remember correctly, you played as a trike, or some sort of bike, and could get out and walk around. There where also a lot of enemies that you could shoot from inside the vehicle or with a hand gun while outside. the levels where in some sort of building, though I don't think I ever finished the game. there where Teleporter (they may have just been doors, that's how bad my memory of it is) all over the place that you couldn't take the bike through. There where at least two types of enemies, though I couldn't describe them beyond light and heavy. I think the game was 3rd person though it may have been top-down.
If you have any ideas they would be much appreciated!

The second one I have even fewer memories about. I think that it took place on an alien world. you pilot a ship, I think that it had 3 points to it like the X-wing fighter from star wars. you where trying to defend some sort of power station (or maybe you where attacking it I don't know) from the alien life, which were like giant ants or praying mantis or something. I also remember a wall that I couldn't pass, I think that it required some real world money to get past but I may be WAY off on that. I am pretty sure that this game was on pc and was also somewhere around the late 90s early 00s.
again, any ideas are greatly appreciated!

Thanks! :D

Master-Guy

Jun 15, 2014
raeior said:
rourkey2k4 said:
Hey,

Im looking for an old pc game, the game was a racing game but it had a twist, you had to roll the dice to move, but you could pick up powerups and sabotage peoples race so a bit like wacky racers but turn based, can anyone help me?
Master-Guy said:
Vaguely I can recall something about a black AI player on a bicycle, that would steal from players, after it randomly spawned in the game.
Both of these sound like Dr. Dragos Madcap Chase. Although the first comment is pretty vague.
Not sure how you did it, but thats the one!!

Thanks a lot!

Gnak

Sep 21, 2012
Gnak said:
Playstation 1 game. Alien invaded earth and you must defend it. You pilot a plane and shoot aliens. Levels are like closed loops, meaning if you fly straight you'll return from where you started. Perspective is third person and you see the ground beneath you. You can buy new ships and weapons between levels. There are missions on every level like save people by beaming them up to your ship with a tractor beam and dropping them in a safe location or picking up aliens that walk around and bringing them to your base for experiments. You can also pick up turrets and place them somewhere for defense. I remember one mission where you had to get as much people to a school and then place turrets around the school to defend it and that was only the first part of the mission.
Ring a bell for anyone?
I also remembered that it's not a fancy flight simulation type of game, it's more like arcade style where you can sidestep with your plane

MatthewTheDark

The Meme Machine
Jun 13, 2014
MatthewTheDark said:
I got one. I've been wondering about it for a while.

Basically it's an old pc game that takes place in the future where you're a scientist who creates an evil clone of himself. The evil clone then goes and attempts to destroy the city and your goal is to capture and stop him from destroying all the parts of the city. Throughout the game, I recall you having to play minigames to gain items to help fight the evil clone by stopping his attacks and using your own(i.e. The Chemist using mixes on him, the reflector cuffs stopping the nail gun, the robot attacking unless you have a remote control to make it make you toast, or the boombox being able to stop the freeze ray for some reason) to catch him. And each battle took place when you two met on the board where you'd use what you gathered against each other with both sides capable of losing items with each battle. These fights also took place in animated cutscenes for each item that would change depending on what you gained. It was done almost board game style outside of minigames. I can't for the life of me even remember the title but I do recall enjoying it.

Anyone got any clues?
Bump for desire to know.

demli24

Jun 16, 2014
Hi i am play this game on ps2.the story of game is women like a lara croft fights with rats with a sword in castle background and destroy the barrels,i cant find that game since 10 years pls help me

Doomgriever

Jul 15, 2013
demli24 said:
Hi i am play this game on ps2.the story of game is women like a lara croft fights with rats with a sword in castle background and destroy the barrels,i cant find that game since 10 years pls help me
In Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance you kill rats in dungeons, also smash barrels. (You can play as a woman) ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO2YX-2MfZ8&t=13m50s )

Edward Grohoski

Jan 30, 2011
i am looking for an older shockwave or flash game, back when i was in 7th grade, i am 27 now so 98-00
so...
you control this dude, top down view, you had i think a tazer and you hacked into these little robots that you could take over and then take over bigger robots, i remember the robots being animated circles that had numbers denoting their difficulty on them
game nearly made me fail 7th or 8th grade ^^; anyone help?

DoctorA

Jun 16, 2014
Trying to remember the name of a game I played on windows 95. It was 2D, about a fat man trying to capture some creatures that were his "friends?".

It had a lot of toilet humor, such as burps, farts, puke, ect.

There was one short cut scene I remember, were one of the creatures say "Born to ski pavement" with a lisp, and is then dragged behind a car.

any ideas?