Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Kallie

Aug 11, 2012
Miki Laureano said:
Been looking for an old game and typing all descriptions I can remember. Good thing I found this thread which could help me a lot.

Okay here it goes.
It's a PC Game around 2000-2005, basically STRATEGY. The view looks like a Red Alert game. You can click on your characters and you can move them. BUT YOU DON'T BUILD TOWERS AND STUFF LIKE THAT.

The gameplay is a mission type where you have I think 4 characters. You need to cross from point A to point B without getting caught or killed. You have guns, bombs and stuff. You play with the guards like hide and kill one at a time.

The setting is in the nature, sometimes desert like, sometimes grass, and one thing I remember, there is a stage where you cross a river.

HOPING SOMEONE KNOWS THIS GAME! THANKS IN ADVANCE!
Could be one of the Commandos games?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commandos_%28series%29

Doomgriever

Jul 15, 2013
Miki Laureano said:
Been looking for an old game and typing all descriptions I can remember. Good thing I found this thread which could help me a lot.

Okay here it goes.
It's a PC Game around 2000-2005, basically STRATEGY. The view looks like a Red Alert game. You can click on your characters and you can move them. BUT YOU DON'T BUILD TOWERS AND STUFF LIKE THAT.

The gameplay is a mission type where you have I think 4 characters. You need to cross from point A to point B without getting caught or killed. You have guns, bombs and stuff. You play with the guards like hide and kill one at a time.

The setting is in the nature, sometimes desert like, sometimes grass, and one thing I remember, there is a stage where you cross a river.

EDIT: Sorry ^ was answered right before me :p should have refreshed...

Maybe some of the Commandos games? ( http://www.giantbomb.com/commandos-behind-enemy-lines/3030-12328/images/ )

Miki Laureano

Jul 8, 2014
Yes that's the one! I didn't know that would be answered that fast. Thank you for the both of you. This thread is very helpful!!! =)

Roman78

Sep 25, 2013
Hobotnik said:
Hey guys no idea where else to go but there's this game really old and on pc that I can't remember and it's driving me mad hah. You controlled either red or blue orbs on a kinda set of boards? You had to take over by duplicating your orbs one at a time each turn and if you made contact or I think maybe landed on your opponent you'd take over some of theirs. There were also gold orbs at a point and the title screen I'm pretty sure had a praying mantis. Hopefully someone can identify it I really miss playing! ^^
Sounds a little like the old Hexxagon games.

https://www.google.de/search?q=hexxagon&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=2f67U7KEGKSE4gSDoYGAAw&sqi=2&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&biw=1404&bih=702

SoleX

Jul 8, 2014
Ok so I have 3 games I can remember playing, but I can't find anywhere. I actually also have no hope for anyone to know these games, but looking at all the correct replies here this is my best shot for an answer.

Game number 1 is an old DOS game I had on floppy disks. It was a first person adventure game which moved slowly. I get a sort of Rama feeling when thinking of that time because I played the two games back to back in that time period. This was however not a point and click game.

It starts of in some dungeon where it is very grim and dark, you have no weapens and I remember that there is in one room a well. The walls are dark stones, there are spider webs in the corners and you can hear water drops falling from time to time. There are big wooden doors from which some require keys. In the beginning there is also one creature that you can encounter at a different time and place each time.

Game number 2 is also a DOS game. It's a top down game where you play as an young indian boy. You start of in your village and need to collect weapens and tools to help you on your adventure. I remember walking through a bright green forest, shooting my arrows at enemies and talking to an old indian man that gave advice on what to do next.

Game number 3 is a SNES game. This truly is the vaguest memory I have. It was an Egyptian style game and a sidescroller. The colors where vivid and the graphic were pretty good. I vaguely remember collecting items that jumped around or somewhat. This is truly all I can envision from it as the memory is more of a feeling these days.

I'd like to thank in advance for reading this, trying to find the answer and taking your time. I'd also like to apoligize if the games have already been found on this forum, I did not find the time to read every post on this forum.

Thank you very much,
SoleX

Doug-le-Guedin

Apr 4, 2010
Hi everyone!

I'm looking for the name of a game on PC, probably released in the 90s.
The game takes place in a cavern in 2D where you have to "manage" monsters, I don't remember what was the final goal but there were different machines in the cavern. And if I remember well, one of the machine was for hatching the monsters eggs.

If this description remind something to someone :)

Thank you in advance for reading.

Noisepunx

Jul 8, 2014
Hello guys !

I'm new at the forum and i have a game that i remember everything but the name...
The game was a dungeon/adventure game from Sega's Dreamcast, the game starts in a port, then the main character goes to a castle, and inside the castle the first item i remember that you found is a slingshot...
The game has a aerial camera like diablo, and the characters are tiny.

Thanks for the help guys.

SoleX

Jul 8, 2014
SoleX said:
Game number 1 is an old DOS game I had on floppy disks. It was a first person adventure game which moved slowly. I get a sort of Rama feeling when thinking of that time because I played the two games back to back in that time period. This was however not a point and click game.

It starts of in some dungeon where it is very grim and dark, you have no weapens and I remember that there is in one room a well. The walls are dark stones, there are spider webs in the corners and you can hear water drops falling from time to time. There are big wooden doors from which some require keys. In the beginning there is also one creature that you can encounter at a different time and place each time.

Thank you very much,
SoleX
Holy crappers I found it!

Azrael's Tear http://youtu.be/TNiJ28MtUxc

Verhill Verroya

Jul 8, 2014
HI GUYS,

CAN ANYONE HELP ME ABOUT THIS OLD VIDEO GAME WHICH IVE BEEN TRYING TO RECALL. THE GAME GOES LIKE 2 ON 1 SETTING TWO OF YOU CAN BEAT A GIANT ENEMY AT THE SAME TIME THERE ARE THREE CHARACTERS TO CHOOSE FROM THE GIRL WHICH IS DRESSED IN KIMONO AND WHEN SHE DO HER SPECIAL MOVES SHE TURNS INTO A GIANT ICE LADY OR SOMETHING WHICH IS ONLY I CAN REMEMBER. ASIDE FROM THAT ANOTHER THING I CAN REMEMBER ABOUT THIS GAME IS ONE OF THE STAGES IS IN ANTARTICA WHERE YOU WILL BEAT A BIGFOOT.. I GUESS? AND ANOTHER ONE IS THE FINAL STAGE IS INFERNO WHERE YOU NEED TO BEAT A FLYING BABY.

PLEASE GUYS HELP ME i THINK THE GAME SOUNDS LIKE METAMORPHOQUESTER OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT. PLEASE DO MESSAGE ME ON FACEBOOK [email protected]

THANK YOU

Pink Gregory

Jul 30, 2008
Miki Laureano said:

Okay here it goes.

Commandos?

http://www.gog.com/game/commandos_ammo_pack

Elijah Enustun

Jul 8, 2014
Okay so I can't remember what this game was called!!

- You were a girl archer (bow/arrow)

- The girl wore I think green leather armor? (or maybe she had green hair idk)

- You fought in a toy-like-land (I remember like chocolate buildings or something with tons of candy)

- I remember toy-soldiers that you fought against

- It was on the Playstation (either 1 or 2)

Ignacio Amaya

Jul 8, 2014
Hi guys
I'm trying to find a game i used to play.
It was a 2D PC platform game (from the 1990s).
You could a woman dressed in blue that was a wizard or a guy with a sword.
Depending on the character you chosed you played different scenarios.
I recall the woman scenario was all green with grass and there was a dragon
And another screen I remember is a dark one with a rock that was after you.

It' s not too much but it was a long time ago.

Thanks in advance!

PD. If you know it, send me a message please: [email protected]

MadsGade

Jul 8, 2014
Hey Everyone
I've been searching and reading alot the past couple hours and i finally given up, so i come to you all in the need of help.

I am searching for a game i played on pc around 2000 or so, can't remember anything but the first mission probaly because i never got any further than that.
It's a first person view, you start out with a gun and a car(futuristic).

As i remember you start of in something that looks like af moon crater or so, the gray ground and walls like a crater or something. You start of in a car or something like that and you have to, as i remember kill 3 other gray/black "forklift" look-a-like enemy cars. After you've done that, you drive down a road, still with the sides of the crater and come to a big metal gate/door which i closed. Thats what i can remember.
You can enter/leave the car and enter the other vehicles thats parked around in the crater.
Not much at all, but hoping that one of you have any idea of what im thinking of.

I did manage to find a game that looks a lot like it, after what i could remember. So i think they might be from around the same period of time. <--(redline gang warfare 2066)

pedrinho33

Jul 6, 2014
Hello there,

I´ve been thinking about name of this game about 10 years and I still don´t find it out.

- it´s an Arcade game on PC,

- probably from early or mid-90s

- you could play 4 characters, each had other skills (If I remember right, one was for example archer, one I think good jumper and one had a shield).

- you played the game with changing this characters in game to go through levels with using the best from each of the characters.

- the map was classic arcade style, from first fast look was similar to Donkey Kong style of maps.

- I think it was ladders there, but some kind of lifts, elevators or something like that, as well.

Pleaaaase, help me to find it. It was really great fun when I was a kid :(.

Maxim Goris

Jul 8, 2014
Hi guys :)
I've been looking for the name of a race game,
It was kind of like twisted metal race game where you could battle
The only thing i remember is that it had a freaking UFO as a vehicle
and the multiplayer was perfect
i don't remember if it was PS2 or PS1 , please help me!

Maxim Goris

Jul 8, 2014
Oh i have another one :)
The CD of this game (ps1) had an hourglass printed on it.
You could should types of lasers or electric charges with a zap gun.
There where a lot of puzzles and jumps that were almost impossible.
Your character was a kid or a teenage boy.
That's all I remember

Maxim Goris

Jul 8, 2014
Maxim Goris said:
Oh i have another one :)
The CD of this game (ps1) had an hourglass printed on it.
You could should types of lasers or electric charges with a zap gun.
There where a lot of puzzles and jumps that were almost impossible.
Your character was a kid or a teenage boy.
That's all I remember
NEVERMIND , I just called my older bro and he told me it was Rascal :)

seminova

Jul 8, 2014
Hi. I'm looking for a game that i dont remember its name.

Its a TPS (or FPS), open world, about a man that is sent to the past (medieval era?) and he have weapons from the present, like pistols or something like that, and he must keep "low profile" so he dont become too suspicious with all that weapons.

thats all i can remember.. i hope it sounds familiar to someone XD

orangeee

Jul 9, 2014
Hi everyone, I'm trying to remember the name of a game.

I think it was a PS1 game, from the 90s. It's a 2D shooting game, where the screen constantly moves from left to right. All you do is shoot at enemies... defeat the boss and go on to the next level to shoot more things. I don't remember specifics of the game but everything was made of cake - your ship/plane that you control was like a birthday cake, and you shoot out tarts/cupcakes/lollipops at targets that were also somewhat in the sweets family...

That's all I remember, if anyone has played it, please let me know! Thank you : )

Lightningflash55

Jul 9, 2014
There is this game that i've been looking for for FOREVER that I used to play in elementary school. I only remember so many details, so bear with me.
I believe it was a math game of a sort, or at least partly educational, and there were around 4 animal characters you could pick from to play as. They all wore mining helmets with lights on them, and i'm pretty sure one was a mole and there may have been a rabbit or kangaroo. They weren't necessarily colored normally, i think one may have been blue. As far as the game itself goes, i'm pretty sure there were multiple mini games but the only one i can remember involved stacking blocks. You were in a dark mine cave with two mine carts on either side of the character and i believe sets of bricks dropped and you had to place them in the carts to match up with the appropriate number. I think the screen was black, the bricks and ground reddish brown and carts gray, and i don't think it had pixely graphics. I'm not sure what else to include so i'll leave it at that.
Anyone have any clue?