Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Kadus

Oct 16, 2014
Hey All,

Right this one has been killing me for days now.

Around the late 90's I had a demo for the PC, it was an RTS, Fantasy game, you could pick a race, the one on the demo I remember were basically necromancy guys. The units were skeletons and things like that. When you killed the enemy you got these orbs that you could spend upgrading your units, each unit had an upgrade tree, so you could decide whether you go one type of creature or another. The strongest upgrade in this race was a Grim Reaper but was called something different.

This may or may not have been on the same disc as Knights and Merchants demo.

Seriously if someone can tell me what this game is I will pay you, let's say £10. I mean it.

Kadus

Oct 16, 2014
SweetShark said:
I will try again to ask the game I am looking for:

You play as an Evil Skeleton wearing purple leather medieval clothes.
It have Top-View camera and you kill many epople in a close area.
If you die you bleed and scream until your whole body disappear.

Thank you for your time.
Sounds like MediEvil to me chief

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTAhqVecfVY

Simone Di Pino

Oct 16, 2014
I really need help to find a Pc game , rpg first person. 4-5-6 ( don't remember exactly ) cds, to change the area you needed to insert the right cd. Hum, so, let's begin whit what i remember. In the intro video, you are with someone near a campfire, then you wake up alone. Bag near a cave, you had to go inside and kill a spider at the end and destroy his web. In the city you can chose a pet ( only 2 pet in total? don't remember ), a fairy or a little flying armor. To delimit the forest area the tree was painted on the wall. In the magic shop the spell ware over big shells ( or something similar ). Around 2002 if i remember right.

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
Kadus said:
SweetShark said:
I will try again to ask the game I am looking for:

You play as an Evil Skeleton wearing purple leather medieval clothes.
It have Top-View camera and you kill many epople in a close area.
If you die you bleed and scream until your whole body disappear.

Thank you for your time.
Sounds like MediEvil to me chief

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTAhqVecfVY
Sorry, but not even close.
You are actually an Evil Skeleton Warrior killing the good guys and it is in 2D top-view. Also a lot of gore.

Soksnifr

Oct 17, 2014
Help. Used to play old game back in the 90's. 1 or 2 person, 4-bit graphics I think. You had to run around on screens and gather keys to get to the next level - so it was kind of a puzzle and kind of a maze, and yet all action since the players could not stop running once the screen started. The levels were different names of hell. I don't remember any weapons or tools, just running for your life and trying to get the keys to the next level. Anyone know what this was called?

JohnnyDelRay

Jul 29, 2010
Rockelle Mattarelliano said:
I'm trying to remember a game i watched my dad play when i was a kid i can't remember the name of it all i remember is that your a husband a business man i think,i think it was for the ps2 or ps1 anyway you come home from work one day and the house is all dark and spooky,so obiously something is wrong.You go upstairs into the baby's room and the baby is dead in it's crib decapitated and all these guys in the house are trying to kill you,if you manage to kill them and go into the husband and wife's room it has a message on the answering machine of someone who captured your wife,and a little bit more info that might help is while in the baby's room I believe Rock a bye baby is playing or some other baby/nursery ryme music thanks!. :D
Kinda sounds like the first Max Payne? Except he's not a business man, he's a detective...

Orokana_Atisuto83

Oct 17, 2014
Okay guys, I'm new here, but I need some help finding a game from my younger days. I know that the game was on PC, pretty sure it was on the windows 95 platform, so that should give you a round about time. The game was a puzzler type game, similar to Myst in how you had to solve things. I remember one particular part was there being a yellow length of hose that you had to use in conjunction with something else to do something. I also remember a part of the game where you had so many tries to guess the order of 4 colored balls in a line, like the mastermind game. I know these are few details leaving a very vague description, but I've been really trying to figure this out and I'm stumped. Hopefully someone out there can solve this question and end my going crazy lol. Thank you in advance.

Edit: If it helps at all I do remember also it's basically like first person view, again, like Myst.

Spirolli

Jun 8, 2010
I've been trying to think of what this game is for the past few years and haven't been able to come up with anything. I'm pretty sure it's a PC game and it came out before 1996. It had FMV actors green screened over what looked like Myst-style graphics.

I can't remember the premise of the game all that well but I remember that you have to go this abandoned theater pretty early on. I remember that you have to take a side entrance and once you get in the door you are confronted by a ghost. I think the ghost is of some Elizabethan-dressed woman who gets her head cut off by a guillotine and then her decapitated head flies at the camera, and she screams (possibly?). I don't remember much of the rest of the game other than you explore the theater and you happen to walk the catwalks at some point. Also, I think most of the game consists of these jump scares

Sorry, if it's too vague but I haven't played this game in nearly 20 years and that was the most memorable thing. Plus, I think I only got a few hours in.

Kappacabana

Oct 17, 2014
I've got a couple on my mind that are really bugging me.

First one is either a DOS game or CD-ROM W98 game with a real film noir feel; I distinctly remember a lot of neon lights and dark bars. It may have been a point-and-click?

The second is a late 90s game (a platformer I recall? Maybe hack-and-slash) which was in 3D, but pressing arrow keys moved you along a select path, you couldn't actually move in 3 dimensional space if I remember. In that respect it was kind of a Crash Bandicoot clone, though the camera was farther back and moved quite cinematically. It may have involved a knight?

Reading those two back, my descriptions are incredibly vague but some guesses would be very appreciated.

RagingTiger

Sep 23, 2014
Kadus said:
Hey All,

Around the late 90's I had a demo for the PC, it was an RTS, Fantasy game, you could pick a race, the one on the demo I remember were basically necromancy guys. The units were skeletons and things like that. When you killed the enemy you got these orbs that you could spend upgrading your units, each unit had an upgrade tree, so you could decide whether you go one type of creature or another. The strongest upgrade in this race was a Grim Reaper but was called something different.

Seriously if someone can tell me what this game is I will pay you, let's say £10. I mean it.
Sounds like it could be a game from the Warlords Battlecry series, though I only vaguely remember number 2.

Richard Shellhammer

Oct 17, 2014
There is this game. It's name has avoided me for years and I do not remember as much about it after all these years but here is what I remember. It is a ninja game. I believe it is a side scroller. It has a level system or world map. On the world map I remember having a bomb that if put left of one of the stages revealed a huge robot thing you could get in and do anywhere on the map you wanted. I remember you had many weapons like throwing stars and swords. I want to say that you could play as more than one character but I am not sure. I remember playing it with my parents about 20 years ago. I also think it was a SNES game but I am not sure.

TheFatGuy

Oct 17, 2014
I've got one that's been bugging me for years.

It's a fighting game, pretty sure it's for Ps1. All I remember from the intro is something from space crashing and a robot/tank crossover emerges from the wreck. The game has a mode where you have a team of different characters and move around a chessboard looking thing. When you meet a character from the opposing team you fight. I remember just two characters. The first one is the robottank i mentioned earlier. It looks like a ball with two arms on a couple of tank tracks. The second one is a demon looking thing with a skull as a head and a green whip. One of his attacks is making green cages, trapping his enemy so that he can whip them to death. I remember correctly it was possible to play in 3rd person some other angle.

If someone manages to figure out what i'm looking for i'd real happy!

lalala21

Oct 17, 2014
Hi. Can i find 1 game ? Is very old game. I only rmb that that character llooks like rayman. The stage got dessert with cowboy monster that wear cowboy hat and when he shoot his face boom and hat fly up then back to normal again. The stage like 4x4 floating place on sky and many 4x4 place that need jump to other place. There got spring on the floor . When u step and jump he say yippee. Like got sound when jumping, ghost ship place with skeletons. And got fog too. Is like 2d game. The game got many trap , i only rmb that the weapon got boxing hand. When use, it box the monster. Plumber weapon that can suck on the wall and move there. Can get a flying hat then can fly. Im not sure u all understand lol

Blend

Dec 16, 2010
I'm looking to find an old game I used to play on my cousins computer when I was young. I think it was an Amiga, I may be wrong though.

The game was a sidescrolling shooter. You played as a helicopter and could fly back and forth over what I think were islands as there was water. You shot stuff and destroyed bases and then picked up scientists. You brought the scientists back to your base and forced them to work on upgrades for the helicopter.

I remember you could get an upgrade that let you transform into a ship/sub form and dive in the water.

I would really love to find and play this game again.

Angular Mass

Oct 17, 2014
I remember a Windows PC game from mid-late 90s, I'm fairly sure Windows 95 was the system. Side-scrolling 2D platformer, as I recall you played as a reindeer looking for Santa in a cartoonish North Pole world. The platforms looked like candy canes. I could have sworn the game was called Lost Reindeer but that search has turned up nothing in this forum, any of the old games sites, or anywhere else on the internet.

ChrisLink

Oct 14, 2014
raeior said:
ChrisLink said:
ill said:
ill said:
Ragnorak87 said:
Hi everyone.

I'm trying to remember the name of a game I played with my brothers in primary school (15ish years ago) on PC.
It's a board game similar to Monopoly where everyone chooses a character in a car. You drive around in an open world style board game map buying properties where natural disasters may occur damaging them. I remember one specific one was "Nessie" would come out of the lake and damage your property. Also I think it was kind of a race as well, yet also competitive to see who gets the most money.
If anyone have any ideas, would really help as I would like to play it again with my cousin's daughters when they're over, as I remembered it was quite and enjoyable.

Cheers

EDIT: I also remembered a character having a monocle and big mustache.
Anyone can help? i am also looking for that game ;)
I search forum but i couldnt find title of it

No one knows it? No one remember any game like that?
Anyone know this game?

I have searched so much but I can't find it!!
Sounds like "Dr. Dragos Madcap Chase" to me.
Sir, thank u so much!

QuintonMcLeod

Oct 17, 2014

There's this one uber hard game I played on the NES a long time ago. It was sort of like a dungeon crawler game with the top-down view perspective. The first room you started off in had kind of like an indentation or large dent on the tiled floor, and if you walked on it, a worm-like monster would come out and eat you. If you got past the first room, you were introduced to a hallway full of arrows that would shoot out either in intervals or when you stepped in a particular location. Needless to say, I didn't get passed the hallway of arrows, so I dunno any more beyond that. I think the cartridge looked like a wizard was on the front, but I can't be too sure.

I wonder if anyone can figure that one out.

Kadus

Oct 16, 2014
RagingTiger said:
Kadus said:
Hey All,

Sounds like it could be a game from the Warlords Battlecry series, though I only vaguely remember number 2.
FUCK MY ARSE THAT'S IT! ERMAHGERD! THANK YOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUU! Where do I send your money?

Angular Mass

Oct 17, 2014
Angular Mass said:
I remember a Windows PC game from mid-late 90s, I'm fairly sure Windows 95 was the system. Side-scrolling 2D platformer, as I recall you played as a reindeer looking for Santa in a cartoonish North Pole world. The platforms looked like candy canes. I could have sworn the game was called Lost Reindeer but that search has turned up nothing in this forum, any of the old games sites, or anywhere else on the internet.
Actually it may have been Windows ME