Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Boblovemachine

Oct 15, 2014
Hello guys. I'm trying to find a game for a dear friend of my. She used to play that game at playstation 1.
Those are the things she remember about it: its a fight game, 2d, similar to Marvel vs Capcom (the interface, the graphics and fight style). She told me about 1 character in particular: a blonde, skinny girl with a dog. She remember 3 special powers, one that the dog becomes bigger and angry, one that the dog bites the opponent, and one that she throws a car at the opponent. I'm trying to find this game for a while now, but I didn't had any lucky. All the help will be appreciated. Thanks and greetings from Brazil!

Janus_Zeal

Nov 30, 2011
Good luck with this one.

When I was a kid (late 80's - early 90's timeframe), I played a text-based adventure game for the PC (and it was definitely a PC, not an Apple). In it, you played as a kid, starting in the basement of an old house. Each room of the house has a member of a family in it (not sure if it's your family or not), and each member gives you a puzzle to solve. Eventually you work your way up to the top of the house, and then you have to select one of the family members from all of them for... something? Possibly for knowing where hidden treasure is? Not as sure about that.

I remember the game being semi-educational with its puzzles (and some of the puzzles being stupidly punny or tricky). I've had no luck so far. Here's hoping someone else does! Thanks!

llamaboycarl

Oct 15, 2014
CM Punk said:
It was a ps1 game it had two playable characters, boy and a man i guess o,o, when you start the game you'd be in a house?? i really i don't know

it also had like shops? there was something like cave or something like that there was monsters in there and if any of the characters die you play with the other one you'd back again to the house
ohh it also had gold or coins idk something colored yellow, the shops had food and weapons

I've played this game AGESSSSSSSS AGO so don't judge.
The game you're looking for is EMERALD MINE... I don't know if it's too late, this OP is more than 2 years old now...

Oct 16, 2014
Hey, I'm looking for an old game for my partner. We've been going insane trying to find it but I'm starting to think it probably doesn't exist!
This is as he describes what he can remember of it;
Third Person, you're on a large futuristic vehicle (either a truck or a train) in a snowy level. It's gritty looking in a steam engine kinda way and there's a chugging noise. He said the background is pretty detailed and the level is quite animated like the vehicle is bobbing up and down and wheels are visibly turning.
He also thinks you're trying to escape and from what he can remember you're climbing(or walking on side walkways) on the vehicle.
He reckons it's an old pc game, early 2000s and we can't distinguish whether it's a shooter or a point and click, because it could be either.
Also the protagonist is wearing a black jacket (Not the most helpful, I know haha)

If anybody could help, that would be absolutely amazing because this has taken a whole night to search for haha :)

Zombiegirly

Apr 4, 2010
RagingTiger said:
Zombiegirly said:
Looking for 2 mid-90's dungeon crawlers, that were practically the same game only they had different skins (one was the typical castle-like dungeon, the other was on a spaceship or space station). The games came in a bundle pack, called something like "200 Games for Windows". The perspective of both games were first-person. IN THE CASTLE ONE: The walls were grey brick. There were different floors. One room had a "gold ore vein". There was a green dragon that could kill you instantly. IN THE SPACE ONE: It just looked very futuristic, with blue walls. Instead of a dragon there was an alien that could kill you instantly. Many locked doors in which you had to find other rooms that happened to have keycards to unlock them. If I remember correctly, there was no way to save a game in progress - if you died, you had to start all over.
The space one sounds like it could Corridor 7 from 1994.
No, it wasn't a shooter. In fact I don't remember having any weapon at all.

AutumnRoseBottom

Oct 16, 2014
Hello! I have had a game elude me for years, and I lose more and more details and never thought to ask other gamers on the internet.

What I remember from the game is you played a male character, it was like a renaissance time with swords, etc. The only part of the game I can remember is pretty vague. You enter into a fair/festival celebrating something (I believe it was for an archaeological find, but I'm not sure). You can even plays games at the fair and earn prizes. This is where the details become even more vague. I can't remember if the character touched or viewed something at the festival (which is the one I'm leaning towards) or someone arrived but a big white light came and the fair and festival is gone. I can not remember if he was transported to another time or parallel universe. The graphics are even vague to me but I believe it was in the early Final Fantasy graphic styles. I believe it was a 90's game, maybe even early 2000's and I remember playing it on a Windows computer. I hope someone is able to identify this game with such little detail. I was young when I played and have wanted to play it again for years. I created an account just for this so I hope I did this correctly.

Zanreosauce

Mar 23, 2011
Alright, so there's this game I played as a kid but I can't remember what the hell it is and it's been bugging me for years:
I played it on the PC (windows 98) back in the early 00s-end of 90's, though the actual game might have been older. It was a maze-style game where you control several "blob"-like characters (for lack of a better description). They looked like blobs with eyes, and sort of resembled the Pac-Man ghosts. There were 3 or 4 of them (I think) and you either controlled all of them at a time (or rather, controlling one with the others walking in a line behind) or you could switch between them. There also was some big character, likely a "blob" character (just much bigger) but using a somewhat different sprite, and I think it was blue, that was either a boss you had to defeat or a character they had to get back to. If I remember correctly, the maze consisted of several screen and when you walked off-screen you'd go on to the next screen (like in the original Zelda)
The graphics were NES-like 8-bit, no outlines. Anyone know?

Laura Sterr

Oct 16, 2014
I have been trying to remember the name of this game since I was little. It was for Mac back in the day (around 95-96 I believe) and it was kind of cartoon-ish looking. You played as a guy who finds an animal thing in a trashcan I believe (kind of looked like a rabbit) and you had to make choices on how to raise it, if you picked wrong it would die. The only sound I remember is the guy would say "Duuuuuuuude' all the time (this might actually be what he decided to call the alien rabbit thing)

Any help?

dvillhauer

Oct 16, 2014
One game I remember on the PC back in early 2000's or late 90's where you make ships, its a top down game, and you custom make your ships and then battle a bot on the other side of the map with a ship. I think they were space ships but it wasn't really in space, reminded me of star trek some how but I don't think it was a star trek game. Sadly that's all I remember, Id know the screen shot as soon as I see it, I know the game was a demo because back in the day I didn't buy guys it was all demos for me. Anyone know? thanks!

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
AutumnRoseBottom said:
Hello! I have had a game elude me for years, and I lose more and more details and never thought to ask other gamers on the internet.

What I remember from the game is you played a male character, it was like a renaissance time with swords, etc. The only part of the game I can remember is pretty vague. You enter into a fair/festival celebrating something (I believe it was for an archaeological find, but I'm not sure). You can even plays games at the fair and earn prizes. This is where the details become even more vague. I can't remember if the character touched or viewed something at the festival (which is the one I'm leaning towards) or someone arrived but a big white light came and the fair and festival is gone. I can not remember if he was transported to another time or parallel universe. The graphics are even vague to me but I believe it was in the early Final Fantasy graphic styles. I believe it was a 90's game, maybe even early 2000's and I remember playing it on a Windows computer. I hope someone is able to identify this game with such little detail. I was young when I played and have wanted to play it again for years. I created an account just for this so I hope I did this correctly.
What you describe pretty much resembles what happens in

Chrono Trigger (1995)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC4bdIQJuLI

but to my knowledge was never released for Windows, only SNES, PSX, etc.

Zombiegirly

Apr 4, 2010
Zombiegirly said:
Looking for 2 mid-90's dungeon crawlers, that were practically the same game only they had different skins (one was the typical castle-like dungeon, the other was on a spaceship or space station). The games came in a bundle pack, called something like "200 Games for Windows". The perspective of both games were first-person. IN THE CASTLE ONE: The walls were grey brick. There were different floors. One room had a "gold ore vein". There was a green dragon that could kill you instantly. IN THE SPACE ONE: It just looked very futuristic, with blue walls. Instead of a dragon there was an alien that could kill you instantly. Many locked doors in which you had to find other rooms that happened to have keycards to unlock them. If I remember correctly, there was no way to save a game in progress - if you died, you had to start all over.
Found it! It's called VENTURE and it has two modes - Makalu ( http://i.imgur.com/uY2BD5W.png - castle ruins) and Varga ( http://i.imgur.com/z099xU2.png - spaceship).

I was wrong before about there being no weapons involved. XD

GamingAddict

Oct 16, 2014
I remember when i was around six and i played this game where you had to transport some nut shaped thing through wacky pipes and drop it into the back of a truck, Please help i want to play this again some day
Thanks

GamingAddict

Darth Elvis

Oct 16, 2014
Hello,

I've tried to come up with the name of this game for ages. I've asked elsewhere and sifted through the list of games for the system to no avail.

The game was for the original Xbox. You could build your own maps or use theirs and play a variety of mini-games. At least one of the mini-games was like Slayer in Halo. I recall another in particular was a "you're it" type mini-game where someone is on fire and they chase everyone else. The person they catch then becomes the person on fire.

Any ideas, oh wise ones?

Doomgriever

Jul 15, 2013
Darth Elvis said:
Hello,

I've tried to come up with the name of this game for ages. I've asked elsewhere and sifted through the list of games for the system to no avail.

The game was for the original Xbox. You could build your own maps or use theirs and play a variety of mini-games. At least one of the mini-games was like Slayer in Halo. I recall another in particular was a "you're it" type mini-game where someone is on fire and they chase everyone else. The person they catch then becomes the person on fire.

Any ideas, oh wise ones?
Timesplitters 2 had several game modes, including Flame Tag ( http://www.giantbomb.com/timesplitters-2/3030-17246/images/ )

GamingAddict

Oct 16, 2014
I remember when i was around six and i played this game where you had to transport some nut shaped thing through wacky pipes and drop it into the back of a truck, Please help i want to play this again some day

Please i beg anyone who sees this and may know what i am talking about, please feel free to reply

Thanks

GamingAddict

raeior

Oct 18, 2013
ChrisLink said:
ill said:
ill said:
Ragnorak87 said:
Hi everyone.

I'm trying to remember the name of a game I played with my brothers in primary school (15ish years ago) on PC.
It's a board game similar to Monopoly where everyone chooses a character in a car. You drive around in an open world style board game map buying properties where natural disasters may occur damaging them. I remember one specific one was "Nessie" would come out of the lake and damage your property. Also I think it was kind of a race as well, yet also competitive to see who gets the most money.
If anyone have any ideas, would really help as I would like to play it again with my cousin's daughters when they're over, as I remembered it was quite and enjoyable.

Cheers

EDIT: I also remembered a character having a monocle and big mustache.
Anyone can help? i am also looking for that game ;)
I search forum but i couldnt find title of it

No one knows it? No one remember any game like that?
Anyone know this game?

I have searched so much but I can't find it!!
Sounds like "Dr. Dragos Madcap Chase" to me.

lawrencein

Nov 20, 2009
BarlowIX said:
There was this game that I use to play on the Original Xbox, it was a combat/magic game and I remember a level where there was a giant red spider and you were fighting it on a spiders web with a dark-red background.

Anyone have any ideas what this game is!? I remember it was amazing aha
This sounds like Sudeki to me.

KitzRX

Oct 16, 2014
Game was not to long ago but the main character was a cowboy like character, wore a cowboy hat and poncho. Set in a post-apocalyptic wasteland and had futuristic type weaponery; bad guys were minion like things. Thanks

Mandy Muchowski

Oct 16, 2014
Ok looking for a "card" game. They were sold in packs. Each pack contained cards that one side had a picture the other side had information and clues/questions and the hidden behind a reddened area the answer to a corresponding picture, not the one on the other side. There was also a red film to read that answer. The pictures were of crime/murder scenes. this was back in the late 80's early 90's sold in the area of travel games. Thanx!

ArcaneGod

Sep 19, 2014
There was a game I remember playing on my sister's bf's playstation 2 (could be ps1 game) I think or my n64 when I was 6-7. In the game you piloted a mech and had to go various places to try to find a princess I think. Some other mixed memories I have is that you were a dog person or something and the mech shot bubbles... Also there was this one place in the game where there was this giant old robot thing that had a stone that was engraved with some story history stuff (I forget what it says) If anyone could help I would be very grateful.