Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Malcolm Keogh

Feb 10, 2015
Hi everyone,

I have been trying to search for a Playstation 1 game I been playing around late 90s to early 2000s. It was a game about jungle expedition/fossil searching. I remember playing it in Japanese language. The game starts with a couple of archaeologist in the beginning. After searching enough fossils or explore more parts of the jungle. I can pitch up tents as a base camp and buy rifles/rifle men to protect the archaeologist from tigers. Also hire more archaeologist into the explore team. Another detail I remember about this game is that if there is a x mark on the grassland and you press the magnifying glass command icon on the spot. It is likely the archaeologist will find a fossil in those area.

The little memory I have from the great time playing this game really make me miss playing it. I am sorry I can't provide more details because I was really really young back then probably 11 or 12. Would appreciate all the help.

Thank you guys.

doe_deer

Feb 9, 2015
Hi!

Okay so trying to search for this game for some time now hasn't given me any results, so I'm hoping someone will be able to identify this game here. From my memory, it was a 3D game - for PC - which I played the demo of, dated around 2000-2005 I'd estimate. You played a male character, dark hair and wearing a dark suit. You drive a car and can get out of it whenever you want. The first playable level was in a city downtown at night, you had to avoid cars (maybe police?) and find a nightclub building with a neon sign, where you needed to exit your car and run to a doorway. Next level was set in a desert/forest type area, there were people running around and you could shoot them. I also remember a female character called Skye/Sky? (I think the male character you played yelled out her name and you needed to protect her car or something) She had a blue ute sort of type car. I think there was a gas/petrol station out there too. I also remember an end credits/title card screen, where the female was sitting on the car and you were standing. The game reminds me of Grand Theft Auto and Driver, but I'm sure it isn't one of these games. I'm going crazy trying to remember it! If anyone can help me find this game I'd be so grateful!

Mutant1988

Sep 9, 2013
FigsM said:
I need some real help, been looking for this game for 2 years still can't find it.

It was a third person vehicle game, I can't recall if you could get out or not.

You controlled this vehicle which could fly or land.

I remember lasers being shot, not bullets.

Big battles happened in large areas.

It was early 2000s.

Please help me out, I'm gonna go fucking crazy.
Gun Metal perhaps? Or Battle Engine Aquila?

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
hairynapkintoilet said:
Hey guys,

Wondering if anyone might know this game I've been searching for, for a long time. All I remember is it's from the late 90's to early 2000's and it was on the pc. It was a dungeon based game. You could use minions to clear out the walls and want not. I wanna say there was enemies like spiders and other creatures. You could also take control of the minion and go into first person. It was kind of like Diablo bird eye camera. That's all I got. Been bugging me for years!!!
Dungeon Keeper 2 maybe?

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
CourtneyLynnn said:
HEY. SO I need your help.
I'm looking for a ps1 game, it was like a ninja Japanese rpg where you fought ninjas and made it up to the boss. It was a white CD and I absolutely loved that game but I can't find it anywhere on google. Anyone have any ideas
Brave Fencer Musashi ? Too hard to see another Ninja RPG except this one.

ShiroChan

Aug 20, 2011
Hello.

Maybe someone here can help me with a little game I used to play on an old CD. It was just a demo, but the CD is long gone, and I have no idea what the name of the game is.

If I remember correctly, it started off with a cutscene of a car driving in the rain and getting into an accident. Then the guy you play wakes up in an oval shaped insane asylum and doesn't remember how he got there. You can talk to the other residents to find out things. In the middle is a sort of generator that you have to shut off. You have to somehow find a way out of it.
It was an old puzzle game, prolly made in the 2000s or 90s.

If anyone has any clues, that'd be great.

Cheers,
Shiro

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
ShiroChan said:
Hello.

Maybe someone here can help me with a little game I used to play on an old CD. It was just a demo, but the CD is long gone, and I have no idea what the name of the game is.

If I remember correctly, it started off with a cutscene of a car driving in the rain and getting into an accident. Then the guy you play wakes up in an oval shaped insane asylum and doesn't remember how he got there. You can talk to the other residents to find out things. In the middle is a sort of generator that you have to shut off. You have to somehow find a way out of it.
It was an old puzzle game, prolly made in the 2000s or 90s.

If anyone has any clues, that'd be great.

Cheers,
Shiro
Sanitarium (1998)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v41sXqDFkfU

Mutant1988

Sep 9, 2013
SweetShark said:
hairynapkintoilet said:
Hey guys,

Wondering if anyone might know this game I've been searching for, for a long time. All I remember is it's from the late 90's to early 2000's and it was on the pc. It was a dungeon based game. You could use minions to clear out the walls and want not. I wanna say there was enemies like spiders and other creatures. You could also take control of the minion and go into first person. It was kind of like Diablo bird eye camera. That's all I got. Been bugging me for years!!!
Dungeon Keeper 2 maybe?
Could just as well be the first one. At least I can swear that it had the first person mode too. My memory is a bit fuzzy on it.

Best to check both anyway.

vaxell

Feb 10, 2015
Hi guys,
I have this game in mind that i played on the PS2 or PSX (Sorry, i cant remember), i think it was a demo.. Btw, you were this guy (i think he was young-ish, and with a sword, maybe a wooden one) that entered a cave (Or similar, the place was dark.. maybe a cave where miners used to work), and had to kill skeletons (or some 'Clichè' monsters).. Before entering the cave it was like a desert.. maybe?
i think it wasnt turn based, and i cant really remember if it was 3rd or 1st person.. Sorry, i know its really nothing, but i hope you can help me
(if the grammar isnt good its because im not english, but italian ^^)

ZeroKylin

Feb 2, 2015
CourtneyLynnn said:
I'm looking for a ps1 game, it was like a ninja Japanese rpg where you fought ninjas and made it up to the boss. It was a white CD and I absolutely loved that game but I can't find it anywhere on google. Anyone have any ideas

could it have possibly been Tenchu: Stealth Assassins? or another game in the Tenchu series?

Cookie_93

Feb 10, 2015
FLONKEZ said:
I remember a pc game,cd not browser and it was 3D, FPS and very colourful and the mission was like: you were a agent going to stop an evil mastermind, gentleman kinda guy that was hiding inside a submarine. I think it was like 1999 to early 2000 it was released and i remember my favourite character was a guy in a wheelchair that had a Hawaii T-shirt and you were like a agent or something trying to stop the evil guy and in the beginning you was locked inside the submarine and you find a boxing glove shooting arm thing and that was the only "weapon" you had. The whole game was built up as 100 obstacle levels and the levels had things like turrets, jump pads, teleports, inflatable ballons, alot of colour shooting cannons, enemies that i think were purple and looked kinda like the marvel character Juggernaut and slime, ballons, elevators, robots in different colours and alot of other crazy stuff. The first level was like in a little "prison" that you had to escape from and when you did that you had to jump some boxes to get the boxing glove shooting weapon thing and then shoot hole in a wall to keep on going, and after every level you had to go through a little tunnel with a door and then you start the next level in the same tunnel but at the other side of the door. I hope someone else remember this crazy game because its one of my favourite games as a kid and i can´t find the game anywhere on the webs. PLZ HEEELP GUYSS!
Also used to play this game, it was awesome!
Couldn't find a response to FLONKEZ post and I don't remember the name either.
So if anyone else has any idea?

GrimmSever

Feb 11, 2015
I got a game im trying to find. your charecter is a teddy bear. you fight zombies, aliens, and other monsters. you also buy different guns and weapons. and its a sidescroler

Taylor Alexander

Feb 11, 2015
Ok i have a real challenge for all of you that i have been racking my brain around with trying to figure out the title of this game or at least some clues to its whereabouts...

first off this game has to have been released somewhere between the early 2000's but no later than 2006 or '07. It was a free flash PC game that you could find on the internet even on a school server. I remember the basis of the game was that you were a knight on a quest to do something epic but you are very weak at first. there were no real time graphics or 3D fighting or any real time fighting, but instead you could train or hunt and it would auto battle for you or you could do auto-quests with just clicking. You could choose to go out and fight bosses or enemies to advance the career but it was usually ill advised to do so without grinding first and spending a boat load of gold on upgrades and armor/weapons. it was very medieval themed and had a dark setting to it. if anyone knows about this or has any clue you will be my hero!

Pixelhunter

Dec 21, 2014
GrimmSever said:
I got a game im trying to find. your charecter is a teddy bear. you fight zombies, aliens, and other monsters. you also buy different guns and weapons. and its a sidescroler
Is it "Teddy Wars" (http://www.teddywars.com) or something older?

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
Taylor Alexander said:
Ok i have a real challenge for all of you that i have been racking my brain around with trying to figure out the title of this game or at least some clues to its whereabouts...

first off this game has to have been released somewhere between the early 2000's but no later than 2006 or '07. It was a free flash PC game that you could find on the internet even on a school server. I remember the basis of the game was that you were a knight on a quest to do something epic but you are very weak at first. there were no real time graphics or 3D fighting or any real time fighting, but instead you could train or hunt and it would auto battle for you or you could do auto-quests with just clicking. You could choose to go out and fight bosses or enemies to advance the career but it was usually ill advised to do so without grinding first and spending a boat load of gold on upgrades and armor/weapons. it was very medieval themed and had a dark setting to it. if anyone knows about this or has any clue you will be my hero!
Check out

BattleKnight (2006)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w15735CAnik

or

Tanoth (2009)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK1Y6ljp87s

voyager

Feb 11, 2015
Hi, I have some PC game I would also love to find. Unfortunately it is all a bit vague now.

The time window is about 1998-2002. The story was that the main character had a deadly car accident. He woke up in some kind of afterlife jail, whole in bandages. He managed to escape from his cell and tried to figure out what the hell is going on, solve some mysteries, talk to some strange creatures. A very interesting game. It had RPG-style camera view, quite nice graphics.

Actually I have played only a demo but it stayed in my mind and I was hoping to at least watch some walkthrough.
Any ideas?

Mutant1988

Sep 9, 2013
voyager said:
Hi, I have some PC game I would also love to find. Unfortunately it is all a bit vague now.

The time window is about 1998-2002. The story was that the main character had a deadly car accident. He woke up in some kind of afterlife jail, whole in bandages. He managed to escape from his cell and tried to figure out what the hell is going on, solve some mysteries, talk to some strange creatures. A very interesting game. It had RPG-style camera view, quite nice graphics.

Actually I have played only a demo but it stayed in my mind and I was hoping to at least watch some walkthrough.
Any ideas?
You know the bizarre thing. Someone else recently asked about that very same game.

The game is Sanitarium.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v41sXqDFkfU

CourtneyLynnn

Feb 10, 2015
SweetShark said:
CourtneyLynnn said:
Brave Fencer Musashi ? Too hard to see another Ninja RPG except this one.
Not that one, maybe it wasn't an RPG. The CD was white.
And it had better graphics.
The best way I can describe it is like Genji for ps2 except you don't switch characters, etc.

CourtneyLynnn

Feb 10, 2015
ZeroKylin said:
CourtneyLynnn said:

could it have possibly been Tenchu: Stealth Assassins? or another game in the Tenchu series?
That looks familiar, I think we're getting a little closer. lol.
The last time I played it I was like 10 so all I can really remember was it was a white CD, and it was a ninja game. Not sure if it was from Japan, but of course it had similar houses, etc.
--
OMG I THINK I FOUND IT. BUSHIDO BLADE??????? ONE OF THEM????

CourtneyLynnn

Feb 10, 2015
OK soo now that I figured out that one game, I need help with another. So, when I was little I was snooping through my cousins room and found a gaming mag. There were these three girls that had a red outfit, blue, and green. (kinda like sailor moon) and I don't remember which system they were for but deciding on my age I'd probably say ps1.
Their powers were Fire, Ice (Water), and the green one could absorb other powers??? Like idk they were pretty cool and I don't remember much but I would LOVE to figure out which game this was.