Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

BMWiesel

Feb 7, 2015
diablo rules said:
BMWiesel said:
Hey guys, I'm very happy that I found this website since I also have a game in mind that I just today remembered having played when I was very young. I hope you can give me some advice. =)

The thing is that I remember that when I was that young back in the days I didn't really know how the game works so I was basically only clicking and watching and not getting what was going on :D So I would love to try it again, refresh some memories and maybe get the a-ha effect ;)

But anyways, the game I am talking about is a kind of strategy game. I cannot really remember whether it was running on Win95 or DOS. The setting was underground which means that one was playing a faction (I guess they were symbolized as dwarfs, possibly with pickaxes) and one had to mine oneself through an underground dungeon. Everything was displayed in 2D and from the typical strategy game perspective. So with the help of mouse clicks one could click the areas which one wanted to be mined by the dwarfs. By doing so one could spread its territory and discover new things e.g. some new weapons or magic or I don't really know what. It is a little bit like a very ancient Dungeon Keeper actually. And the whole territory was displayed in honeycombs such as in Civilization.

So in short I think it was an ancient Dungeon Keeper with dwarfs, new weapons and magic in a Civilization like strategy style. And, finally, but I am not sure whether here the Lord of the Rings Saga has brainwashed me, I think the game had "Moria" in its name. But as I said, don't give too much attention to it because maybe this is just influenced by Lord of the Rings.

Thank you so much guys =) I'm really looking forward to your answers and am glad to test your talent :D

Cheers!
Magic Of Endoria (1994)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=al7RdzvORlw
Yesss that's it ! :D Thank you very much! How did you find out? Do you just know all these games?

Adi Petrovici

Feb 8, 2015
Hi I am looking for an old PC game. It came preinstalled on my first PC I bought with 1998 grand prix legends F1 formula game.
The first thing you see after you access the game is a black character selection screen. When you hower over a character it highlights up;
just like diablo 2 but the characters are closer and bigger to the screen and they are not moving, it's just pictures of the characters.
We have a female rogue/assassin type of class a female lady with claws, we have a male archer with a hoodie, we have a male warrior with a sword, and we have a
female barbarian with a double axe (she is kinda muscular with big tits).

On the first map to the left we have a very small town in the shape of a square and right to the town there is a small fountain.
The first mobs we encounter they are some grey minions stacked in packs of 5-7. To the left we have a spike fence made out of wood
(the kind of fence we see at old time wars like in the movie troy on the beach). After the fence the 2nd monsters are leopards.
Then if we go further to the left we will see some kind of castle with a lot of entraces. Each entrace is protected by golems,
and a 2-3 flying mage mobs, and I even saw a red dragon at one of the entraces.

Any1 has any idea what game is this? I am literally searching for it for ages.
Thank you.

Mutant1988

Sep 9, 2013
Adi Petrovici said:
Hi I am looking for an old PC game. It came preinstalled on my first PC I bought with 1998 grand prix legends F1 formula game.
The first thing you see after you access the game is a black character selection screen. When you hower over a character it highlights up;
just like diablo 2 but the characters are closer and bigger to the screen and they are not moving, it's just pictures of the characters.
We have a female rogue/assassin type of class a female lady with claws, we have a male archer with a hoodie, we have a male warrior with a sword, and we have a

On the first map to the left we have a very small town in the shape of a square and right to the town there is a small fountain.
The first mobs we encounter they are some grey minions stacked in packs of 5-7. To the left we have a spike fence made out of wood
(the kind of fence we see at old time wars like in the movie troy on the beach). After the fence the 2nd monsters are leopards.
Then if we go further to the left we will see some kind of castle with a lot of entraces. Each entrace is protected by golems,

Thank you.
Is it in 3D or 2D?

Feb 8, 2015
HELP!!! This is the reason why I signed up for Escapist... It has been a very very long time that I played these two rear Japanese Playstation games (also I lost my copy.... original copy.). I hope someone knows these two games.

1.) First game, this one is an adventure game. You control two adventurers, one is tall and the other is short (the short guy uses a poka hammer for attacking) and they are in a forest to help save some animals. One point of the game is you need to help the tiger to escape who got trapped in a bear trap; in other part of the game as well, you need to help a bird to get free from the net. Also there is a skeleton (a remain of an adventurer perhaps) that is looking for his diary. In one point of the game, this two will be swallowed-up by a giant catfish.

Other things in this game is that you use a feather in order to save your game. You will also venture inside volcanoes, caves, and grassy area. I can still remember that you need to put the plug to an outlet to open a door.

Mostly, you pick-up fruits in order to replenish your life. Oh yes! The tall guy can lift the smaller one.

2.) Second game, this is a fighting game, 3D format to be precise. I can still remember one fighter (character) here. This character is a robot named Berserker (or Berserk?). That is all I can remember in this game...

Someone please help me?

Adi Petrovici

Feb 8, 2015
Mutant1988 said:
Adi Petrovici said:

Thank you.
Is it in 3D or 2D?
It is a bird-view game just like diablo 1.

qewe

Feb 7, 2015
Pixelhunter said:
qewe said:
Greetings to all, back in the end of the 90's, that must have been 98-99-00-01 :)(sorry for that, my memory doesn't help much) I played a demo of what was like a space sim. It was taking place a little above ground (maybe for the purposes of the demo you couldn't go far) at some city like environment a terrain with buildings and stuff, certainly a dark place, like a post apocalyptic futuristic setting. There was a player base, actually like a flat in a high floor with garage which you could enter with your spacecraft in case you were chased by or to save or etc.

The "bad guy" of the story was a big(bad and dark) corporation with spacecrafts all over the place, and some turrets on the corporation's buildings that when you caused trouble and were wanted would target at you.

I remember very vividly that one of the few things that you could do in the game demo other than flying around was when a fight was going on with others or you included, and whenever a spaceship was destroyed(remember all these are taking place some meters above ground) a black box of that ship would be thrown on ground and everyone around would fly close to the ground and struggle to try and get it, for I don't remember what value.

I remember that you could also buy and place turrets at your place, but was restricted due to demo limitations.

If by any chance any of these rings a bell, I would be very grateful, it's been so long..
I have already searched the "space sim" genre with not much luck but in most of the demo you were flying in what was like a small spacecraft... so,

Edit: Game was for the pc, at that time they issued cds with 5-6 demos from the pc magazine or equivalent.

Thanks for reading..!
Sounds a bit like "G-Police" (1997).
Thanks much for the reply, unfortunately it is not it. In the game, you were a loner and I presume trying to resist against an evil corporation which was ruling the place you were living. 3d like game cockpit and rear? view, really a very advanced looking game for its time, as well as I can remember..

Pixelhunter

Dec 21, 2014
qewe said:
Pixelhunter said:
qewe said:
Greetings to all, back in the end of the 90's, that must have been 98-99-00-01 :)(sorry for that, my memory doesn't help much) I played a demo of what was like a space sim. It was taking place a little above ground (maybe for the purposes of the demo you couldn't go far) at some city like environment a terrain with buildings and stuff, certainly a dark place, like a post apocalyptic futuristic setting. There was a player base, actually like a flat in a high floor with garage which you could enter with your spacecraft in case you were chased by or to save or etc.

The "bad guy" of the story was a big(bad and dark) corporation with spacecrafts all over the place, and some turrets on the corporation's buildings that when you caused trouble and were wanted would target at you.

I remember very vividly that one of the few things that you could do in the game demo other than flying around was when a fight was going on with others or you included, and whenever a spaceship was destroyed(remember all these are taking place some meters above ground) a black box of that ship would be thrown on ground and everyone around would fly close to the ground and struggle to try and get it, for I don't remember what value.

I remember that you could also buy and place turrets at your place, but was restricted due to demo limitations.

If by any chance any of these rings a bell, I would be very grateful, it's been so long..
I have already searched the "space sim" genre with not much luck but in most of the demo you were flying in what was like a small spacecraft... so,

Edit: Game was for the pc, at that time they issued cds with 5-6 demos from the pc magazine or equivalent.

Thanks for reading..!
Sounds a bit like "G-Police" (1997).
Thanks much for the reply, unfortunately it is not it. In the game, you were a loner and I presume trying to resist against an evil corporation which was ruling the place you were living. 3d like game cockpit and rear? view, really a very advanced looking game for its time, as well as I can remember..
Maybe "HeliCOPS", which was released in 1997 as well, is closer to what you're looking for?

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
Jacob Mcbroom said:
diablo rules said:
Jacob Mcbroom said:
It seems even after 2 years I'm still being ignored. I have asked help back in 2013 in finding a game which no one replied to or tried to help me with suggestions. Not even a "I've never heard of that game before." just flat out ignoring. I won't bother asking again since It won't help, and no one will read this post either so I guess I'm just going to log out and go try somewhere else to get help in finding my game.
Don't feel sad, we can't read all the older posts.. the thread is huge! we have to focus on the recent posts. Try again here with the details of your game and I'll help you.
All of my posts for the game I have been trying to find with no luck :x
Here's the story:

Your game is "almost" this game

Kid Mystic (2000)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aLAnuGS6pU

by Hamumu Software.

http://hamumu.com/game.php?game=MYSTIC

but keep calm, this is a revamped version with extra levels that's what I said "almost". The original version was: Spooky Castle - The Adventures Of Kid Mystic (1999) by eGames (now defunct..)

The thing is that in youtube there's only the complete walkthrough of the revamped version. I'm not sure if you played the revamped version, because the cookie factory level doesn't seem to be there...but could it be a secret level, I don't know...but the level actually existed! Could had been on the early version or any other similar version. Check the levels of this game called Dr. Lunatic (by the same company)

http://hamumu.wikia.com/wiki/Spooky_Forest!

my guess is, that you played the original game: Spooky Castle - The Adventures Of Kid Mystic (1999) by eGames or the revamped version and the cookie factory level was a secret level..Well, I think is enough information to make your own way, but if any other issue arise, just let me know. Cheers.

Stasia Sabochick

Feb 8, 2015
Okay, gold star to whoever can name this game because it's keeping me up, but it was a 2D game where I believe you played as something like a shadow (or darkness or a monster) and you went into a village at night and ate (or attacked) these blob things? And the blob things possessed the villagers, so you had to try and kill them without hurting the villagers, and the ending would be different depending on how many people you hurt or killed (or didn't), etc.? And it was cool because it was really hard to get rid of the monsters (blob things) without hurting the villagers? Let me know if you know this game!!!

mrmvil

Feb 8, 2015
I've been reminiscing over old PC games with my friends recently and there is this one game that I cannot figure out for the life of me. All I remember about it is it was cartoony and the point of the game was to get all the clouds off of your ship (or some form of transport). You had to play a bunch of mini games to do so (one that I remember was a basketball minigame). I think it was educational, but I'm not entirely sure. Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
Adi Petrovici said:
Mutant1988 said:
Adi Petrovici said:

Thank you.
Is it in 3D or 2D?
It is a bird-view game just like diablo 1.
The Broken Land (2000)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWg4sAVfmJc

jucky

Feb 8, 2015
Around 1998 or something like that, there was a space game.

You started with a chosen spaceship, and held 1 planet.
With that ship you could move to a planet, gather it's resources and/or colonize it.
You could sell resources for money and with that enhance your ship
-Upgrades in blue/speed
-in yellow, cargo bay
-and red, i believe, energy

Then there were different weapons and bombs to kill of planets.
It was a tiny sort of sandbox game, in space. A sort of simplified version of Orion.

You could also invest in planets to either convert them to your side or make them stronger so that other players would not take them from you.

If anyone has any idea, please let me know! Many thanks in advance!
Cheers

ak1462

Feb 8, 2015
Ok, this one has been bothering my sister and me for years, so thank you so much to anyone who can figure it out:
I played the game for some years between 2000 and 2006 on Windows 98, although the game itself could be much older.

It was a medieval fantasy game, 2D with a top down view.
The start screen had a red background.
You could enter a starting coin value to begin shopping with (and possibly starting health and mana values, although I'm not sure about that).
You had a small party you controlled (maybe 6 characters), with different classes (warrior, paladin, etc) that you created.
You fought various fantasy monsters, such as skeletons and wizards.
It was a quasi-dungeon crawler; you went through different levels, and each character could only move a certain number of spaces per turn. The levels were set in both grasslands and a castle.
That's about all I can remember. If I come up with more, I'll post again.
Thanks!

ExtremeGamer

Feb 6, 2015
rheya19 said:
ExtremeGamer said:
Hello!

This is an old game from probably mid to later 80's in the arcade. It was a fighter game, 3d fight field, that felt like a old school fight. Had like cars and what not around the 3d square fight area. You would just punch and kick. The fighters were short and stocky, felt like a very heavily Japansese influenced game. I played it as a kid in our mall while my parents would finish dinner, it was right outside an in mall restaruant. I've been hunting it down for years.
When you say "stocky," were they very short? Could it have been Pocket Fighter? Maybe that was more of a 90's game.
Unfortunately no. The fighters reminded me of a River City Ransom type look if that helps.

mikaleide

Dec 11, 2008
diablo rules said:
mikaleide said:
So this is extremely vague, but ill try and explain it anyways.

It was this game that I remember featured a man with the classic bad guy thin mustache on the cover (Think Dick Dastardly).
It was a top down view 2d game that I believe had, but can not guarantee, had randomly generated maps. Kinda looking like early Civ I and II maps, and I believed you used one or more characters that were in tiny airplanes.
I remember playing it on the PC in the late 90s or early 00's at the latest.

The title I think started with Dr./Mr. somethingorother.

I've been looking for this game on and off for years, and obviously its been very hard to find because of the limited information that I can remember from it. Forever grateful if someone happens to know the game.
it is

Dr. Drago's Madcap Chase (1995)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALFQ_AsZmyI

I was confused because I thought that you game was centered only on airplanes, in this game you travel mainly by car, but occasionally by other means like airplanes.
Wow dude that is incredible. Thank you so much for helping me out!

ak1462

Feb 8, 2015
ak1462 said:
Ok, this one has been bothering my sister and me for years, so thank you so much to anyone who can figure it out:
I played the game for some years between 2000 and 2006 on Windows 98, although the game itself could be much older.

It was a medieval fantasy game, 2D with a top down view.
The start screen had a red background.
You could enter a starting coin value to begin shopping with (and possibly starting health and mana values, although I'm not sure about that).
You had a small party you controlled (maybe 6 characters), with different classes (warrior, paladin, etc) that you created.
You fought various fantasy monsters, such as skeletons and wizards.
It was a quasi-dungeon crawler; you went through different levels, and each character could only move a certain number of spaces per turn. The levels were set in both grasslands and a castle.
That's about all I can remember. If I come up with more, I'll post again.
Thanks!
It's Quest Creator!! I found it, so I thought I'd just let everyone know.

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
ExtremeGamer said:
rheya19 said:
ExtremeGamer said:
Hello!

This is an old game from probably mid to later 80's in the arcade. It was a fighter game, 3d fight field, that felt like a old school fight. Had like cars and what not around the 3d square fight area. You would just punch and kick. The fighters were short and stocky, felt like a very heavily Japansese influenced game. I played it as a kid in our mall while my parents would finish dinner, it was right outside an in mall restaruant. I've been hunting it down for years.
When you say "stocky," were they very short? Could it have been Pocket Fighter? Maybe that was more of a 90's game.
Unfortunately no. The fighters reminded me of a River City Ransom type look if that helps.
Check out

Kageki (1988)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4eomDL1sd4

Vixous

Feb 3, 2015
DXMax said:
There is one game I have been trying to find that I played in the early 90s, but it may have came out in the 1980s. I didn't post it before because I remember so little about it.

It was on the Amstrad CPC and I played it on the Amstrad 6128+. I don't remember much about the game, except one part showed a map of the world and you were asked geography questions(I think the questions were multiple choice) and I think there was a hot air balloon on the screen that moved about at times (maybe it moved to where on the map your answer to a question was) Maybe the answer to one question was Lisbon.

The next part of the game I remember very little about, but it had a black screen with green trees and bushes on it and maybe benches, maybe you were in a maze and had to get out of it, or you were in a park and it was either side scrolling or a top down view. Possibly the level was a puzzle that you had to arrange the peices in a certain time period to make an image.

It was so long since I played it, I don't fully remember everything, but if anyone can even guess what this could be, please let met know as its been bugging me for years.

Vixous said:
i have a very bad memory but here goes...

i do remember finishing the game, but i don't really remember what the ending was. :p

-i remember that it was an rpg ps1 game.
-your charter was male.
-you wake up and you can roam around the house/hovel.
-i remember that the game was very long and it was kind of a puzzle/maze type of game.
- i think you were maybe a mechanic or an engineer.
- i remember passing through a desert maybe or like a canyon or maybe a mining town. To pass through the town or place, people would ask you for something like find the oil, then give it to this guy and the guy gives you a wrench so you can fix the thing that is blocking the exit to the town...something like that.
- i also remember passing through a fairy town...to pass through that place you had to race on a ladybug/beetle i think and you had to win.

sorry this was all I can remember not even sure if what remember is 100% correct, but i hope someone played this game. ^^
I remember a game like your mentioning, I don't know what it is, but I do remember starting the game as a male character and waking up in the morning in a bedroom, the desert/canyon area you mentioned, and the race in the fairy area and having to win a race to get past this area.

Do you remember starting the game in (I think) your bedroom in the morning? I vaguely remember something like that.

I would also like to know what this game is.

yup i remember waking up in the morning and when you leave the house your in kind of a desert or canyon place. The game wasn't famous but it was genius how everything connects. I lent the game to my friend and i never got it back huhuT_T

RuggedCarapace

Feb 9, 2015
Re Crocogator: was the game you were looking for chips challenge? I remember it being a puzzle game that you could slide around on Certain squares and had to pick stuff up so you could walk on certain types of floor etc... failing that nice nostalgic game for anyone interested.

RuggedCarapace

Feb 9, 2015
This is only my 2nd post so I appreciate I may not be popular on here but I have been reading through the pages first if that's ano way works in my favour.

These 2 games are quite random and I have limited information. I am sure both are from the 90's and I can't recall them having great graphics.

The 1st is a game similar to "the incredible machine" bit not it where I am sure there was a mouse floating with balloons that was a timer or you had to pop the balloons by getting a ball through the course and you could place random objects like fish bowls, planks of wood and others I think it was 2d.

The 2nd game I have a lot less on. It was a settlers style game but you could join forces with neighbouring teams and your emblem that I'm sure was on a brown/wooden board then became 2 colours and you could then gang up against someone else.

I believe both were early pc games poor graphics and I remember most of my Co sole games.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Sporadic searching of these games has so far proved fruitless :-(