Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
SantoUno said:
It was a game for the PS1, I think it was like a Gradius kind of arcade shooter, but at one part it went 3D and I was shooting a giant robot fish, I kept shooting it in the eyes and it didn't seem to die.

Yeah it was cool but I honestly don't remember what it was.
The fish boss. Holy crap, i know the game you're talking about. It was a very well-done R-Type clone that the demo made me hire the full game and complete it. I believe the game you're thinking of is G-Darius (not Gradius, but interesting that they have the exact same letters, coincidence I think not). I think I nailed this one. The game you're after is G-Darius, hope that helps.

Composer

Aug 3, 2009
Daedalus1942 said:
Composer said:
i remember an overhead view plane(ww2 based i believe) flying game for the ps1 i think.....i was very good at it to.
also and jrpg(not a final fantasy game) also from the ps1. i know its to vague for anyone to figure it out but i just wanted to post sumthing
The overview plane game, was it a shooter similar to say space invaders or Valken, or G-Darius? because if it was I think it was on the sega and the game was called 1942, there was also a sequel called 1943. It was a great game. i remember it well. Used to play it everyday. seems like the one you are talking about.
im sorry but ur answer seems kind of impossible for me seeing as i didnt get sega(fool that i am) it wasnt like space invaders ur plane moved foward and the enimies moved in the opposite direction u went sort of like tiger-heli(its not tiger-heli btw so no scarcasm plz) .thnx for trying anyway....i wonder if i can find my old memory card if it will still be on there...hmmm....

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
PureChaos said:
there was a game which i think was on the Mega Drive (Genesis in USA) where you were a ninja and had special moves, one of which was called Fushin which increased your jumping distance, another made you explode and killed anything caught in the explosion. the second level involved platform jumping across a waterfall. it was a side scrolling game, had you fighting a lot of enemies a late level was like a labyrinth with a lot of revolving doors that i never made it passed.
Not sure exactly which one it was, but that's definitely Shinobi (and most likely Revenge of Shinobi, though I'm not sure if it had a different name outside of North America). Could also be Shinobi 3, but the second level of that had you riding a horse not jumping on a waterfall. Both of their final levels had mazes with revolving doors.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Snowalker said:
I remember playing a game on the NES where your a ninja, marial artist, or something of that nature. I turely loved that game, and what really taunts me is theres this gif running around where he's doing the moves from the game and it looks like he's dancing. If anyone knows what I'm talking about, please tell me.
Snowalker said:
thiosk said:
kung fu?

That looks like it.
Could also be Karateka. That, if memory serves, had some amazing animation that could have easily been strung together into that animated gif I know you're talking about.

SantoUno

Aug 13, 2009
Daedalus1942 said:
SantoUno said:
It was a game for the PS1, I think it was like a Gradius kind of arcade shooter, but at one part it went 3D and I was shooting a giant robot fish, I kept shooting it in the eyes and it didn't seem to die.

The fish boss. Holy crap, i know the game you're talking about. It was a very well-done R-Type clone that the demo made me hire the full game and complete it. I believe the game you're thinking of is G-Darius (not Gradius, but interesting that they have the exact same letters, coincidence I think not). I think I nailed this one. The game you're after is G-Darius, hope that helps.
I looked up a video and it does look familiar, dunno if it is but it might be, thanks!

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
Aha! Silver! That's what it was called..

I guess this kind of voids my inquiry. It was about an RPG that had these beautiful environments [isometric prespective, very detailed] but truly terrible 3D character models.
I used to watch my friend's brother play it for hours..Good times.

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
SantoUno said:
Daedalus1942 said:
SantoUno said:

I looked up a video and it does look familiar, dunno if it is but it might be, thanks!
I'm 100% sure it is. It's the only R-Type like sidescroller I can remember on the psone that had a fish boss. Glad I could help.

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
Composer said:
Daedalus1942 said:
Composer said:
i remember an overhead view plane(ww2 based i believe) flying game for the ps1 i think.....i was very good at it to.
also and jrpg(not a final fantasy game) also from the ps1. i know its to vague for anyone to figure it out but i just wanted to post sumthing
The overview plane game, was it a shooter similar to say space invaders or Valken, or G-Darius? because if it was I think it was on the sega and the game was called 1942, there was also a sequel called 1943. It was a great game. i remember it well. Used to play it everyday. seems like the one you are talking about.
im sorry but ur answer seems kind of impossible for me seeing as i didnt get sega(fool that i am) it wasnt like space invaders ur plane moved foward and the enimies moved in the opposite direction u went sort of like tiger-heli(its not tiger-heli btw so no scarcasm plz) .thnx for trying anyway....i wonder if i can find my old memory card if it will still be on there...hmmm....
So the plane went across the screen horizontally, not vartically? Because if it was vertically, I'm positive it was 1942-3. Even if it wasn't, if you're into that sort of thin,g you should check out 1942. Great game, but the bosses are hard as you have to save your bombs up (they're the only way to kill the carriers).

KapnKerfuffle

May 17, 2008
azncutthroat said:
It was a Japanese game for the PS1... one of the best side-scrolling shooters I've ever come across. It was basically like R-Type Delta, but done with submarines.
Sounds like it could be a port of In The Hunt. Maybe?
http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?game_id=8184

Generator

May 8, 2009
The game where you played golf with frogs. A surprisingly fun game for the PS2, with a very good sense of humor, though it was very strange... and pseudo-violent.

Tiny116

The Cheerful Pessimist
May 6, 2009
2 games
1 is an old rts with different races that was cool (sorry can't really elaborate on it more)
2 IS a battle driving game. Think Death race meets Wipeout and unreal tournament, winner gets out of death row. Lots of cool arena and weapons, no idea what happened to it though.

AgDr_ODST

Cortana's guardian
Oct 22, 2009
I remember an old flash game that I loved playing it was a puzzle game that had explosions, rolling barrels and fantastic particle physics. the game came to mind about a amonth ago and I've been unable to recal the name of the game or the site

armaina

Nov 1, 2007
There was this one game I played on a friend's Sega Genesis that for the life of me I cannot remember the name of. It was a pretty basic side scoller beat-em-up. The lead character was a girl, and you could get new outfits to increase certain stats, like this pink dress that would increase your speed by two, and then a mecha looking suit that increase your speed by 10 or something. This was as far as I got in the game because the enemy in that area was very fast.

Lowbreed

Jul 4, 2009
When I was real young I played a floppy disk game where you pretty much walked through a maze and there were sharks or something (I'm not really sure) All 2d/3d (if you catch my drift) I just remember shittin my pants because of it.

And this one game with winneh the poo (or however you spell that) also a floppy disk game, that was fun as hell.

troyrich

Procrastinating Lurker
Nov 25, 2009
Tiny116 said:
2 games
1 is an old rts with different races that was cool (sorry can't really elaborate on it more)
2 IS a battle driving game. Think Death race meets Wipeout and unreal tournament, winner gets out of death row. Lots of cool arena and weapons, no idea what happened to it though.
Umm for the RTS maybe Starcraft or Warcraft? they are relativly old and have differant races... or if it was a more unknown one there is Atrox that had 3 races

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
Sport game that came out on the Genesis and on the SNES. There were a bunch of different events like skateboarding, surfing, hacky sack, snowboarding, BMX, and so on. Such a fun game, me and my brother would always play each other in it.