Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

hellhound432

Jul 31, 2012
Faisal Ilyas said:
please tell me that guys its a 3d game :)

Faisal Ilyas said:
Salam,

Well, in 90's i had played a game sort of space gameplay in which there was a mothership with female voice and we have to create helicoptors, tanks, APVs and attack to other mothership, the best part of this game is that we can select ourself to stay in mothership or select helicoptor to ride or tank to ride and we slip into it and the hud get changed and we are in the battle.

Any ideas guys ?
Sounds like Urban Assault to me. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urban_Assault

DWP7689 said:
I've been looking for this game forever but can't remember the name of it and its been driving me nuts. It's an old school windows 95 or older game. I was pretty young when I played it lol. From what I remember of it it was installed with several floppy discs (Bring back the good ol days!) It was a first person 3D RPG. You started out on like a farm where your master always whittled something. The first quest I can remember was feeding the ugly dog along the way then you moved to another zone with a skeleton in a cave that had a big two-handed axe. You also get a spell book that I think had a little owl or dragon as the courser when in the spell book menu. I'm thinking the name was like "Dragon Quest" or something along the lines of that but nothing that looks familiar ever comes up. Hoping somebody here knows remotely the game I'm talking about haha.
I remember playing a demo for that game, possibly from PCGamer or ActionTrip. I will post again if I find out anything more.

redrout said:
Ok, let's see if anybody here knows this one.

I remember playing this game on the pc probably around a decade ago. Game was a party style game, you had four characters that you trained and built up through the course of the game. It was all set inside a massive cave, and the world was pretty extensive. I believe (could be way off) that the cave was a prison of sorts. the map and playing area was laid out in a grid pattern, and so was the combat portion of it. It had a turn-based combat mechanic, and I thought it was a really good time, but I can't for the life of me remember the name of it. I have looked and looked, and any suggestions would be helpful.

Robert
The Exile series immediately comes to mind, by Spiderweb Software. Remade as the Avernum series, you can still buy the games from their website. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avernum_(series)

ryanfan03 said:
ok guys im new here..i joined for one reason...to find this dang game..

i played this on my PC as a kid and i want to say it was CD ROM from about 15 years ago...

dont remember much but here it goes

I remember you played a human that traveled to an alien planet to fight an alien race. you had on a special space suit. the aliens if i remember right almost looked like the alien bugs from starship troopers. the thing i remember most is toward the begining of the game perhaps the first or second chapter you had to navigate your space craft through the atmosphere of the planet. you had to keep the "cursor" that was your stabelizer in the middle of this box on the center of the screen through the turbulance of entry. if your cursor strayed to far from the center box for too long your space craft burned and crashed.

the story was broken into chapters that restarted if you died. I want to say that you shot the aliens but i dont know with what exactly and if you were caught and eaten by the aliens your screen would fade to black and your charater would make a horrific scream while being dragged away.

i know pretty vague but i can not find this game ANYWHERE on the nets

or maybe i am crazy and created a game in my mind
Were you able to fly around with jump jets too? If so I might know which game you mean, I played a demo for that game, might find it again at some point as I run through old magazines and the like.

As for the reason I found this thread and signed up, I remember playing a PC game about 10-15 years ago (probably just a demo). It was a isometric turn-based strategy/city-builder type of game, wherein each turn was an entire season. You started with a handful of people who took on different jobs such as a farmers or architects who built houses and other buildings during the warm seasons. I remember the game having videos for when you "entered" special buildings such as the barracks where you could meet with the captain to recruit troops and whatnot. Most strikingly, I remember having to do a lot of research, especially for cures for illnesses that my people were regularly coming down with during the winter season, which they would sometimes die from.

Aleksandar Stevcic

Jul 31, 2012
theres this game that i really miss and WANT to know what it is again
i remember practically nothing, but it was a war game where you control a vehicle, kinda like an APC, and you practically have to kill the enemy. the starting cinematic is a part where i remember mostbut still a very little. it shows a vehicle shooting down something with missles and the camera shakes.... im afraid thats all i know

hellhound432

Jul 31, 2012
Aleksandar Stevcic said:
i remember practically nothing, but it was a war game where you control a vehicle, kinda like an APC, and you practically have to kill the enemy. the starting cinematic is a part where i remember mostbut still a very little. it shows a vehicle shooting down something with missles and the camera shakes.... im afraid thats all i know
Need more to go on, are you sure you can't remember any other details? Environment etc.? The first few games that came to mind are Uprising, Wargasm, and Battlezone. I don't really remember their opening cinematics though.

Nyphila

Jul 31, 2012
I played a game a few years back where you control a golden ball on a obstacle race, the goal being to get as much points (from stuff you picked up I think)as possible and finish the race the fastest you can. I remember there being differents bonus which would give you some change (like being faster, heavier, indestructible,etc.)...oh and at some point there are fires on the road who eventually enrage you for some time (getting you to dangerous speeds).

It's a game I got the demo for free with windows vista...if someone know what I'm talking about that might be fun to try it again :p

Khoregard

Jul 31, 2012
Hello there.... I am at my wits end trying to figure out more about a game I played sometime around the turn of the millenia... It was a dreamcast game that I played no later than 2001. It was in english, and IIRC it involved 3d gameplay where you ran around in a suit of some sort of armor jet gliding through a canyon and later through some sort of organism (later level) while acquiring lock-ons on various baddies and blasting them with assorted weaponry. I vaguely remember there being some sort of rating system in place for how fast you could complete each level and how thoroughly you did so, awarding you more currency for weapon and armor upgrades. I just can't recall what it was called!!!

The key features to the game play was the frantic pace, the lock on system, and the ability to jet-dash multiple times. does this ring any bells?!?

Jul 31, 2012
Oh my gosh, so lucky. I made an account today racking my mind trying to remember this online single player game. I think that the person above me has an avatar from that game. Anyone recognize where that avatar is from? It's a computer game, single player, you play as a wizard who fights only by summoning monsters to fight for him. When you start the game for the first time you start in a forest. Any ideas? Again, I think that avatar is of the main character. Gahh help!!

EDIT: Found it! It's called Merlin's Revenge in case anyone is looking for the same game!

Valiant Lee

Jul 31, 2012
I am looking for a Sega Genesis game that seems like Front Mission. Only the game is an action game that you pilot a tank like robot machine and can customerize your parts, You always fight on the roads of a city like environment. The screen of the game is digonal side view, just like populous kind of camera view. You seek out enemies robots and destroy them to clear the stage. There are virious weapons you can custom into your robot tank. flame thrower, machine guns, missles....etc. There is a slo a map screen in your inventroy screen and status screen when you press start if I am correct.

I think the name resemble to words of Road or tech or tank or robot, which I really can't remember.

Dyna Brothers.
BTW Some one looking for some dino vs alens game that involve eggs and such should be Dyna Brothers 1 or 2. Tke game is you purchase dino eggs and waith for them to hatch. Grass eating dino eat grass that produce resources for you to buy eggs or cast natural disasters to harm enemy. To kill all the enemies includes their eggs is the objective to win the game. You need to purchse purple tyranosaus to attack enemy base. That is Dyna Brothers.

Anne Lee

Jul 31, 2012
I remember about 5-7 years ago I played a game on the PC and it was this adventure type game where you could collect coal, build a bakery, explore the woods and town, hunt animals and other stuff like that. I'm pretty sure the disc was orange and you could get married and go into a house with your wife and little hearts would be above the house showing that they were making a baby lol.

I remember really enjoying this game but never finished it and I can't think of the name at all!

If you know what this might be, please lemme know! :)

Sebii Punct

Jul 27, 2012
Sebii Punct said:
So... i don't really remember when i played this game but there are some things i remember:
-Third Person Shooter
-On pc :D
-After every mission/level to go to you'r base or something like that you go in the sewer's.
-The first level:
You were like a plumber or something like that and you came to a lady's apartment with you'r coworker to fix something and then a helicopter come's to the window and start's to shoot
( russian's i think )
Then you exit the apartment and on the hallway was like a russian officer that keep't the people with their face to the wall you kill him with the wrench i think and go to the rooftop where you shot military people ... etc.

Hope you can help :D.
Sorry for reposing but this game is haunting me :D plz can someone help me.

echo4papa

Jul 31, 2012
You guys are my only hope. I've been trying to remember this game for years now, and no one has been able to assist...

It was a side scrolling (and sometimes top to bottom scrolling) futuristic arcade shooter that allowed two people to play at once. You could both collect upgrades for your individual ships, but one upgrade in particular allowed you to join your ships together to form a robot looking ship. Whoever grabbed the upgrade would be in control, and the second person could bang away on the their own firing buttons to add to the offensive capability.

Once you got hit, the robot broke apart and you were both on your own again.

hellhound432

Jul 31, 2012
Anne Lee said:
I remember about 5-7 years ago I played a game on the PC and it was this adventure type game where you could collect coal, build a bakery, explore the woods and town, hunt animals and other stuff like that. I'm pretty sure the disc was orange and you could get married and go into a house with your wife and little hearts would be above the house showing that they were making a baby lol.

I remember really enjoying this game but never finished it and I can't think of the name at all!

If you know what this might be, please lemme know! :)
Without more detail, the only game I've thought of that kind of resembles that description is The Guild series. It isn't an adventure game though... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Guild_2

Aleksandar Stevcic

Jul 31, 2012
hellhound432 said:
Aleksandar Stevcic said:
Need more to go on, are you sure you can't remember any other details? Environment etc.? The first few games that came to mind are Uprising, Wargasm, and Battlezone. I don't really remember their opening cinematics though.
uhmmmmm...
Not really. :(
i am pretty sure it was for the PS1 though.. cause thats the only system i had when i played it.
Im really sorry, i dont remember any other.. Maybe you can give me a list of the games that match this description?

Astreaa Vig

Jul 31, 2012
Hi! Looking for a game I used to play about 8 years ago. It was a car/weapons game. Multiplayer. Each four cars start off in a different corner, you race for different weapons hidden so you can take out the other opponents. Weapons like missiles, oil slick, protective shields etc.. There is different cities you can pick with diff courses. You pick your car in the beginning, each have there own strngths and weakneases Any ideas?

Khoregard

Jul 31, 2012
Astreaa Vig said:
Hi! Looking for a game I used to play about 8 years ago. It was a car/weapons game. Multiplayer. Each four cars start off in a different corner, you race for different weapons hidden so you can take out the other opponents. Weapons like missiles, oil slick, protective shields etc.. There is different cities you can pick with diff courses. You pick your car in the beginning, each have there own strngths and weakneases Any ideas?

Sounds like a Black Metal or Vigilante 8 game.

wakaflocka_dave

Jul 31, 2012
i have a game for u. it was a platformer game where you were a guy and you were in weird alien worlds and you would run around and there would be these aliens coming after and you'd have to kill them by throwing them into these metal shredders that would tear them to pieces and once you threw enough in them it would break the shredders so you could pass through. also there was minigames where you would slide down long tubes and try to avoid getting hit by rocks on the walls of the tube and another where you'd be on some star wars like hovering speeder bikes trying to shoot down aliens on them while u avoided being hit by trees and rocks and things. i cant remember the name i thought it was called warped 3 or something and i cant find it anywhere. it was probably really obscure and not that popular but it reminded me of a cross between pitfall and abes odyssey. ive been feeling crazy nostalgic about it. who knows what this game might be?

Jul 31, 2012
I remember an old kind of creepy point n click PC game, from possibly, and only possibly the late 90s.
You were on a ship with an undead crew, where you had to, well, point and click. At one point there was a pipe puzzle, where you had to align all the pipes by turning them around 90 degrees for every click, to get some water flowing, i don't remember why.
At another point, I only remember, that you needed to find a crowbar or something similar. Once again I don't remember why.
In the last "level" you were on the deck of the ship.
If you recall any game similar to this, and you know the title of it, please let me know.
Thank you.

Ryoko Achakura

Aug 1, 2012
I remember an onle game I played years ago. (It could possibly of been on newgrounds but I can't remember nor have I found it on it.) You play a girl coming back from the shops (or something) and when you go into your house there is a crashed UFO in you house which may have killed your mum, later in the game you go into the woods and find a fairy and she asks you to collect things for her. That is all I can remember, but if anyone knows the game please tell me!
Thanks! :)

aruntisa

Jul 9, 2012
You are thinking of Battle Royale.
Well I remember all my games mostly because I still have them .so I can play at anytime and remind what I forgot.

armouredkitten

Aug 1, 2012
Alright, after reading through countless pages of this thread and not finding any traces of the game I'm looking for (though I did find a game I had been looking for in the past), I decided to register and give it a go.

The game I am looking for is for the PS1. I played it about 12 to 15 years ago. It was a fighting game, isometric view, and most/all of the moves were like energy that the players shot out of their hands or something. You would use different combinations of Square, Triangle, and Circle, which every time you pressed a certain button, the character would say "Edo" "Es", or "Po". If I remember correctly, square was edo, triangle was es, and circle was po.

That's pretty much all I can remember from this game.
Hopefully I'm not the only person that's played this gem before.