Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Shawn Molko

Aug 18, 2013
Please help me find the name of this game! PC game, must have come out around the late 1900's early 2000's, I don't know if what the brand was, it was for little kids. I used to play it when I was a kid. It came in a cd slip cover that was red and yellow. I think the main character in the game was some sort of Elf Catcher who would go around and collect coins and catch elves with scrolls. I also remember this final level where the character had to climb ladders in a king's castle. I think it was some sort of educational language arts/math game, I'm not quite sure. The brand may have been jumpstart or any company like that.

NamesAreStupid

Oct 8, 2012
MicRemembersBadly said:
NamesAreStupid said:
A side scroller space shooter. I remember is that the spaceship had a blue 'windshield', that the main menu was the hanger with the vehicle and that the menu was green. I only played the demo and it starts off in space (black star background) but then transitions to an area whose upper and bottom edges have a beige fence/border/thing from which spikes pop up which you have to avoid.

Also vaguely remember one where you would place your spaceships on planets (you would only see them as circles, not detailed) and then fire various weapons at each other but the gravity would affect the weapons. I think it was something like Pocket Tanks.
Long shot on the first one, as you don't mention date or system, but the most iconic blue cockpit is R-Type. It's a series that always opens with an outside to inside segue. Taking a guess at having the hangar and green menu, I'd suggest R-Type Delta, which was demo'd on Official Playstation magazine. The full game can be seen here;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ITIOOYyTDg
My bad, it was on windows XP, possibly 98. Also set in space.

tatianaxxx

Aug 18, 2013
i need help.. 10-15 years ago i was playing a cute game:)it was for children..
you were in a house and you where waiting for the egg to collapse.. i thing it was monsters or dogs ;s anw they had there own cemetery in which they were going to cry and mourn the (monsters or dogs) before them, and a castle with heaven and hell! i dont remember anything else but i reaaaalllyy want to find it.. HEEELLPPP PLEAAASSEE

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
aflare4 said:
Awesome thread. I've been thinking of 2 games for the PC, the ones where you find on popular game sites. Sorry if they're vague. It's been a few years.

1. A strategy escape game. This isn't a room escape game. There are little stick people involved, and there are 3 games. I think your goal of the game was to get your stick person to hit a button, to free someone from a cave prison. You click on objects/people on the screen (which is nonmoving, and consists of houses, planks, trees, caves, etc) to make things happen, like catapulting little rocks, or even mines to knock things down, for instance. I distinctly remember that in the first game, you knock down a long plank with rocks to form a bridge, and you also must click in-time to avoid getting run over by a car. In the second game, you are able to click arrows on the screen to move to different parts, and was more green than the first game.
First one is almost certainly hapland.

andrej99

Aug 17, 2013
cloroxbb said:
andrej99 said:
I remember a game where you kind of race in spaceships,it was old,but after the year 2000 i think and it had some of the ships from Star Wars Episode I.
So I hope anyone knows the name of that game

Thanks.
Star Wars: Episode I Racer
It didn't have the racer,it had the yellow ships from episode 1 and it wasn't just racing there were battles as well.

Recs

Aug 18, 2013
When i was a child i used to play some kind of future wargame. You were only able to control vehicles like helicopters, fighter jets, tanks.
You had to do some kind of missions while fighting against what i thought were aliens? Maybe its something else, but i remeber loads of ufo's.
I believe that one of the missions was to capture one of the ufo's while being a tank, once you had done that you had to fly it back to your base and land it on the platform without being destroyed. There was also a mission when you were a fighter jet and had to protect some kind of cargo plane.

It was a 3d game, not sure if it was in the 90's or early 20's. I don't think it was a very known pc game either.

YingUndYang

Aug 18, 2013
cloroxbb said:
YingUndYang said:
[Description of the game I am searching]
Definitely "Alundra." Great game, I own it. Its actually a pseudo sequel to "Landstalker" on Genesis.
Wow! Thanks alot! And it is even buyable in the psn. You made my day and I guess the next ones as well.

taner1252

Aug 18, 2013
Hi hopefully you can help me. My game was text-based car racing browser game. It was 4-5 years ago I play it last time. You start the game with old vw bug. You can tune your car. Next car was pick-up. Game has "metal" word in it (not sure but 80%). Like "xxxx metal" or "metal xxxx". Searching for 2 years please help me...

Yokazebushi

Aug 18, 2013
Hi,

I'm desperately looking for these games:
1. You were playing for spiked ball and crushing warriors standing on platforms. Goal was to kill everyone.
2. Again game with jumping ball. But this time you had to navigate it to the exit. There was this (i think red) ball jumping forward on squared ground with look of holes and different obstacles. Ball was moving forward on its own. View was from angle (above and from back)
3. 3rd game is slightly erotic. There was image of girl completely covered. You were controlling something (don't remember what), which you navigated through covered image and uncovering parts. There were also spiders or something like that trying to kill you. You had to uncover each girl few time. First time she was dressed then in underwear etc...

Many thanks :)

oborowatabinost

Aug 16, 2013
Saltydog said:
oborowatabinost said:
Ok I'm looking for a game in the mid 2000's for PC that was a turn based strategy. From what i can remember theres 4 marines (maybe mercenary) type guys that you play as you arrive by boat to an old factory type place. I think its invested with aliens(or some type of monsters) but your characters dont really know what they are fighting. I remember going into buildings like any other game and finding weapons. I would really appreciate help finding it.
That one sounds like XCOM but that came out in the 90's? If it was, they just made it again on the XBOX.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-COM
Unfortunately my buddy thought the same thing but its not either of the XCOM's I've checked them out thanks for the reply though. It is really similar in that its 4 guys going and fighting aliens at a factory lol

Gurgleflob

Jun 29, 2012
andrej99 said:
cloroxbb said:
andrej99 said:
I remember a game where you kind of race in spaceships,it was old,but after the year 2000 i think and it had some of the ships from Star Wars Episode I.
So I hope anyone knows the name of that game

Thanks.
Star Wars: Episode I Racer
It didn't have the racer,it had the yellow ships from episode 1 and it wasn't just racing there were battles as well.
Possibly Super Bombad Racing?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_Super_Bombad_Racing

suggett

Aug 18, 2013
Hey all, looking for a game i used to play when i was quite young, it was on a handheld console but i can't remember which one, something like the gamebody colour or something similar to that.

So all i can tell you about this game of that i can remember is as follows is that it looks sort of like a pokemon game in terms of graphics and what it looks like. You start the game off in your house with i think your little sister and somehow a portal opens or something like that and something comes through it and takes her away. You follow your sister through and end up at a giant tree city where you meet the king of this giant tree and from there i can't remember much other than that you go out into the wilderness of some sort and you find and battle creatures and i think i remember one such creature sitting next to the king which kind of looked like a puffle from club penguin haha. Another creature i remember was a kind of cross between a snake and a bird which i think i bred two of them together to make.

Please someone help me find this game!

Fenrir_Of_Ragnarok

Aug 18, 2013
Im Looking For A Game= It's A Game Were You Control A Team Of Four Aliens And You Have To Run Around A Weird Map (Sorry Its Kinda Hard To Explain) And You Can Mutate Your Aliens Like At The Start You Kill A Spider And You Get A Spider Arm To Add To One Of Your Aliens. The Spider Arm Adds A Strength Bonus (If I Remember Correctly) And Then I Think You Head To A Different Planet And Explore It As Well I Don't Remember The Story Of Why Or Anything Like That But I Have Tried Searching The Web And Ended Up With Nothing. I Played It In About 2003 Or 2004
So If Someone Knows The Game Or A Link That Might Help Please Post It
Thanks

Fenrir Out

Fenrir_Of_Ragnarok

Aug 18, 2013
Fenrir_Of_Ragnarok" post="9.166417.20036785 said:
Im Looking For A Game= It's A Game Were You Control A Team Of Four Aliens And You Have To Run Around A Weird Map (Sorry Its Kinda Hard To Explain) And You Can Mutate Your Aliens Like At The Start You Kill A Spider And You Get A Spider Arm To Add To One Of Your Aliens. The Spider Arm Adds A Strength Bonus (If I Remember Correctly) And Then I Think You Head To A Different Planet And Explore It As Well I Don't Remember The Story Of Why Or Anything Like That But I Have Tried Searching The Web And Ended Up With Nothing. I Played It In About 2003 Or 2004
So If Someone Knows The Game Or A Link That Might Help Please Post It
Thanks

Fenrir Out

It Was A Pc Game BTW

Cathie111

Aug 19, 2013
Looking for the name of a computer game that came out in the 90's about a police woman. It was a futuristic setting, I believe when driving around you looked down at the game like a tabletop. I think she went into bars and such. Cartoonish images. At one point she's in a car accident and half of her body is crushed or something? So she ends up with cyborg/robotic arm and leg, etc. That's really all I remember.

Cathie111

Aug 19, 2013
Cathie111 said:
Looking for the name of a computer game that came out in the 90's about a police woman. It was a futuristic setting, I believe when driving around you looked down at the game like a tabletop. I think she went into bars and such. Cartoonish images. At one point she's in a car accident and half of her body is crushed or something? So she ends up with cyborg/robotic arm and leg, etc. That's really all I remember.
:) Nevermind, after years of searching I actually just found it. It's called Traffic Department 2192

Bosch88

Aug 19, 2013
Hello I'm looking for a computer game that was back in the 90s, it was a pirate/medieval RPG game and it was much like a cross between Skyrim/Final Fantasy. For being that old it was very detailed and you could pick any path you wanted. You had to fight many things and use potions and magic. I never finished the game but the last I remember I was fighting a demon and I couldn't beat him. I don't remember anything else really but you could have up to three people in your party. You could find many weapons and items. I know you could also fight thieves and or against good People i think also run around a certain big city... You started out as a man in a long sleeve white shirt but had to find armor and weapons...Idk I've been looking for so long but noyone has ever heard of it. Just worrying if you an help...

TrippyHobo

Aug 19, 2013
Hello, I've been looking around the internet for a game I haven't played in years. All I can remember that it was on the PS2 and it was an open world futuristic free fighter. I remember one of the main characters having brown hair and red shorts. It wasn't Kingdom Hearts. It was more violent and fighting oriented. I remember a level where you fought in a metallic looking hallway. I'd like any help if possible. Thank you.

Doomgriever

Jul 15, 2013
TrippyHobo said:
Hello, I've been looking around the internet for a game I haven't played in years. All I can remember that it was on the PS2 and it was an open world futuristic free fighter. I remember one of the main characters having brown hair and red shorts. It wasn't Kingdom Hearts. It was more violent and fighting oriented. I remember a level where you fought in a metallic looking hallway. I'd like any help if possible. Thank you.
Not exactly "open world" but is it like The Bouncer? ( http://www.armchairempire.com/images/Reviews/Playstation2/bouncer/bouncer-1.jpg )

TrippyHobo

Aug 19, 2013
Doomgriever said:
TrippyHobo said:
Not exactly "open world" but is it like The Bouncer? ( http://www.armchairempire.com/images/Reviews/Playstation2/bouncer/bouncer-1.jpg )
Thank you so much, I love you. Literally.