Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

OneMoreNameless

Dec 25, 2011
* NES or SNES era. Sideview mix of platforming and beat 'em up. Levels were maze-ish with two or three floors up/down visible at once. No puzzles though. Co-op with multiple characters was possible, singleplayer you only controlled one. At least one dirty factory or sewer environment.

* Win95 or possibly DOS. Kids (edutainment?) game set around a farmhouse. You weren't visible, moving around was a clicking screen-to-screen thing. One 2D minigame involved catching eggs that rolled sideways / fell down from several chicken nests to your padded basket or somesuch at the bottom of the screen. There were several waves or difficulty levels of this with more chickens and different nest/platform layouts.
Solved: Let's Explore the Farm (from Humongous Entertainment).

* PC, not sure how old. Probably freeware. Deliberately retro 2D topdown racing game. The tracks and cars were black and white outlines, though with decent resolution. There were several car designs and you could add your own with small image files.

* Indie PC game, at least a few years old. Tactical space combat, you controlled a handful of different spaceships. 2D, topdown, it had some okay sprite graphics and firing effects. Battles were turn-based real-time ie. each side plotted their movement paths and weapons firing then the game resolved them together for the next 5-10 seconds or so. There was pretty much no campaign (at least when I played it) but decent skirmish AI and online multiplayer support.

* PC ... I think (the family friend I recall it from also used a SNES emulator). Kids game with cartoony graphics, set undersea. Gameplay was a mix of point/click adventure - there was dialog with various critters - and simple minigames. I'm remembering a sunken ship and a mean shark. You might have played as a dolphin but I'm not 100% sure.
Solved: Freddi Fish and the Case of the Missing Kelp Seeds. Thank you, KamenZero!

* HUGE STRETCH BONUS ROUND: A presumably edutainment point and click adventure game that started with you finding a secret door in a tree in your garden, then ending up on a fairy tale style quest with at least one tricky-to-enter castle. One of my classes in primary school played this (installed by the teacher) circa 2000.

Noraanan

Aug 23, 2013
I joined only so I could come here and ask a question.
There is a game I loved and can't find or remember the title of. It was in the early 2000's for the computer, maybe a download. You could choose from different cars like a monster truck, Volkswagen, or some type of race car. The game had different levels with different objectives. All of it took place in a simplistic desert rectangle arena. The viewing was adjustable to an extent but you couldn't look at a top down view of it. I think the controls were arrow keys and spacebar. One level you were a monster truck and had to smash everyone or another was a race involving high jumps. Obstacles in the game were simplistic too. Gates made of rectangular prisms and ramps were deviations in the floor of the game. Another level was an all out brawl to deal the most damage, I remember this the most because you would spin around if you were pushed passed the corner of the world. It was really fun and I hope someone knows what I'm talking about.

lerche

Aug 23, 2013
Hello.
I'm looking for a game, about 10-12 years ago, (could be a lot older!), playing on a Win3.1 or maybe Win95-98.
You were this guy, who has to escape an apartment, because your landlord was standing outside the apartment, requesting money. You could keep the TV on using a drinking bird on the remote, then he would think you were in there.
Then you could escape the apartment through the window.

It's a 3rd person view, and the graphics were lame, but I can't get this game out of my head.
I've been searching the forum, and google, but nothing comes up.

Anyone got any idea?

Thanks in advance,
Lerche

nick0

Aug 23, 2013
hi guys i`m searching for a psx game it is in 3d and you could play 2 character and the things i remember is that at first you got to play a human and at the second part do you have to play a being from another species and that the being finds a pet which they eat normaly and much later eats their king that pet and thats it i don`t remember much more but i`m sure if i see the name or the cover that i remember the game it i should also say that it was fantasy

PenguinsPwn11

Aug 24, 2013
Hi guys, From along time Im searching about 2D computer game that contain two little soldiers green and blue in a maze every one got a seat with two doors that just can be openers by him, in game play two players, fighting each other by a little gun, there is a small tanks in the maze too, the soldiers must collect bombs to open paths and must collect money to buy radar,guns,bombs and other. The soldiers can also collect items to make them faster or make them into stealth for some time, we can also put mines. The view was top down and had the bases in the corners of the screen.
I hope u can help me guys :)
TY:D

comprisedpuma

Aug 24, 2013
Okay, I have wondered for a LONG time what the name of this game is, and nobody so far has been able to help me out. Maybe someone here will know what I'm talking about.

It's a computer game from the 90's. I don't know what year exactly, but I do remember playing it in 98 (maybe 99, but I think it was 98), so probably in the 95-98 range. It is a first person adventure game, similar to the Myst games (although I think the camera was fixed in each location, I am not certain on this.) The setting was a mansion, and each "room" was unlocked individually. I remember the mouse cursor changing depending on the room you were in (the Lounge type room had a martini glass as the cursor).

There was a cellar and a garden (I was never able to unlock the cellar back in the day). In the garden there was a woman, who I'm assuming from memory was a gardener. She is the only actual person I can remember in the game. From what I can remember, there was no combat of any kind. Just point and click puzzle adventuring. I've wanted to try to find this game for years, but I have had no luck.

Anyone here have any idea what this game might be?

SilkySkyKitten

Oct 20, 2009
Did it happen to be one of the *insert number here*'th Guest titles? Like "The 7th Guest" or "The 11th Hour?"

Not sure if they fit the tiny details you provided (if you're certain it's from 95-98, then "The 11th Hour" might fit better since that was released in 1995), but both were point-and-click adventure games that took place in mansions.

mako

Aug 7, 2013
Doomgriever said:
mako said:
Hey guys, could you help me?

I'm looking for an older 2D platformer-puzzle game wih aliens. Some aliens were slaves and you had to save as may as possible (you could take them with you and they followed your moves, did exactly what you did, and you could stop them and leave them in one place, then take them again), you had to pass guards and obstacles, at some point you also had teleporters. Also, you could hide in the shadows when guards passed. This was all placed in some kind of mine. That's about all i can remember.

It was a really awesome game, please help me find it!
Abe's Oddysee / Abe's Exoddus
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!! My blessings to you!

Pink Gregory

Jul 30, 2008
OneMoreNameless said:
* NES or SNES era. Sideview mix of platforming and beat 'em up. Levels were maze-ish with two or three floors up/down visible at once. Multiple characters which allowed for co-op. At least one dirty factory or sewer environment.
You're gon' have to give us a few more details than that for a probably answer, but possibly Lost Vikings?

Pink Gregory

Jul 30, 2008
lerche said:
Hello.
I'm looking for a game, about 10-12 years ago, (could be a lot older!), playing on a Win3.1 or maybe Win95-98.
You were this guy, who has to escape an apartment, because your landlord was standing outside the apartment, requesting money. You could keep the TV on using a drinking bird on the remote, then he would think you were in there.
Then you could escape the apartment through the window.

It's a 3rd person view, and the graphics were lame, but I can't get this game out of my head.
I've been searching the forum, and google, but nothing comes up.

Anyone got any idea?

Thanks in advance,
Lerche
Normality

http://www.gog.com/game/normality

Denoschk

Oct 27, 2012
There was a game I was playing a lot like 5 years ago or maybe even more than that but I can't remember its name and when I ask everyone keeps saying Age of Empires but it is not :

.It was a war game
.Its gameplay when you start a war look kinda like a chess at the beginning
.there were mythological creatures, soldiers
.Sometimes you could cast a spell to your opponent
.Its graphics kinda looked like between age of empires 1 and 2

ZarakiKenpachi

Aug 24, 2013
Greetings, first time here!

There's this one game for the PS1 that I played when I was a kid. I can't remember the name of the game and I don't remember many features of it.

From what I can remember, you controlled a robot, it wasn't like Gundam or anything like that. You controlled it and in one of the levels you were on a flying air ship, it was close to the end of the game this level. You had to save a girl. The guy who controlled the robot wasn't supposed to be anything special but he was the only one who could control the robot and make it move.

The game was 3D, and the robot also shot energy balls from his hands.

Can someone help me on this?

Thanks!

Doomgriever

Jul 15, 2013
Denoschk said:
There was a game I was playing a lot like 5 years ago or maybe even more than that but I can't remember its name and when I ask everyone keeps saying Age of Empires but it is not :

.It was a war game
One of the Heroes Of Might And Magic games?

Valkilyn

Aug 25, 2013
Please help D:

There was this PC game I played when I was little (some time between 1994 and 2002 LOL), and there were animals and you were supposed to go around and help them, they each had a little mini game. One of them were these bears. The father bear was sleeping and I was supposed to help the daughter bear do something with the honey pots on the screen. I think you were supposed to wake him up or something. There was also a cafeteria mini game if I remember right.

KefklouD

Aug 25, 2013
Alright guys, I've been searching for this game since 2008 I believe...

-Category: Fighting Game (About robots)
-Platform: Arcade and PC (Maybe by the means of an emulator but it doesn't seem likely)

It's a game about robot 1-on-1 fights, I remember that it was in polygonal 3D graphics and one of the stages was a very reduced space in the middle of the ocean but I don't remeber if you could fall off the platform.

I played it a lot back in the 90s in my uncle's PC and I remeber that after about6 years of having seen nothing about it I went to an arcade and there it was! The exact same game! I remember the name written in the machine was Robo-something but I really need help to remember.

Some additional details: -The robots you could choose from were very varied, some were big, others were standard humanoid models and others could float (I think the one that didn't have legs and floated instead was a pink and white robot).

-After some fighting, the robots got damaged and consecuently lost their heads(I don't remember if they could lose any other part of their body).

-The character selection screen showed you blueprints of the robots in some kind of digitalized format in green with green letters lying around and a black (or maybe reddish) background.

-You could move freely, this was not a game like Street Fighter or Cyberbots, it was more like a Dreamcat game called "Heavy Metal Geomatrix" where you saw the character in a third person perspective.

-The robots were similar to Gundams but I'm at least an 80% sure it wasn't a Gundam game

-You didn't build the robots as in Custom Robo for the GC, you just chose them for the fight.

That's what I can remember guys. I REALLY need you to be able to find this so if anyone knows a game that fits my description please answer.

OneMoreNameless

Dec 25, 2011
Denoschk said:
.It was a war game
Archon Ultra

KefklouD said:
One Must Fall 2097

Denoschk

Oct 27, 2012
OneMoreNameless said:
Denoschk said:
.It was a war game
Archon Ultra

It wasn't Archon Ultra or any of the Heroes of Might And Magic. It was also like a strategy game.

nevermore121

Aug 25, 2013
Been trying to remember the name of two different PC games!

1) Possibly Win 95, children's educational game where you are in outer space in a spaceship, front view shows the planet earth and you can click on the different continents and the character guide takes you to them to learn about all the different types of animals on each continent, by doing activity games.

2) This is very obscure.. I think possibly around 2000-2003 I downloaded a random game off of the internet. Possibly for Win XP. It was a side scrolling cartoonish looking game where your main character was a rabbit in a Christmas themed land. I believe there were elves, I do not remember there being many villains but more like avoiding obstacles like icicles, falling down, etc. Had to collect currency of some sort. Game also had an option to design your own levels. I don't know why but I liked it at the time and it would flood sweet nostalgia if I could figure out the name and find it!

VintageThreed

Aug 25, 2013
Joined to ask about this. Not expecting a lot since I only remember a tiny bit about it, but anyway, it was an old PC game, and it played like The Adventures of Willy Beamish, where you pick from a list of answers to respond to other characters and move forward. You are a sort of bumbling medieval knight, more Barney Fife than Lancelot. In the part I remember watching my cousin play, you're sitting at a table with a bunch of other knights and you have to escape the castle, but if you do it wrong, you get like, eaten by a bunch of vines, but if you do it right, you end up flying away. That's all I can remember about it, and I will throw the disclaimer out there that I was only about 4 when I watched him play this, so I might be missing some themes that just went over my head at the time.

KefklouD

Aug 25, 2013
[QUOTE=KefklouD said:
One Must Fall 2097[/quote]

Thanks for the help but that one isn't it. As I said, the game doesn't have a 2D view like Street Fighter, it's more like a Third-person rear view fighting game.